Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2992423 times)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #58520 on: November 6, 2018, 01:24:34 am »
Watched the Taylor-Martin fight yesterday. I thought Taylor looked a class apart, Ryan Martin didnít want any of him. Disappointed for Ryan Burnett, it will be a long road to recovery.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58521 on: November 6, 2018, 08:03:28 am »
Not writing off Bellew, especially with ref Terry O Connor in the ring.

Usyk hasnt put a foot wrong so far in his career but he hasn't convinced me in the way that Lomachenko has. When I've seen him, he has 'done enough' for the win but this is in England so he will have to do more then that to leave with belts

He should win but I wouldnt be at all shocked if Bellew pulls it off

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58522 on: November 6, 2018, 09:20:06 am »
Not writing off Bellew, especially with ref Terry O Connor in the ring.

Usyk hasnt put a foot wrong so far in his career but he hasn't convinced me in the way that Lomachenko has. When I've seen him, he has 'done enough' for the win but this is in England so he will have to do more then that to leave with belts

He should win but I wouldnt be at all shocked if Bellew pulls it off

He gets hit a lot which is not going to be a great attribute at HW. Bellew is not a puncher though by any means and if he can take shots from Breidis and Gassiev then he should be OK here.

I'd go for either a wide UD or maybe a late TKO on cuts or a British stoppage.

Remember he's signed with Eddie Hearn now and Bellew is retiring, so Usyk is really the house fighter here. Any home cooking is likely going Usyk's way.

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leicester season ticket holder
« Reply #58523 on: November 6, 2018, 11:38:43 am »
I don't think he's broke, he's earned a disgusting amount of money these last few years and still has investments in property a well as his tacky strip club. It's probably more that he got an insane offer from the Japanese promoters and they probably want to boost the profile of a top prospect. I'm just glad he won't be facing Khabib in a boxing match.

You never know, he could be like Michael Jackson and buys weird expensive shit like golden busts of Timmy Mallet for $8 million
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline I've been a good boy.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #58524 on: November 7, 2018, 07:29:04 pm »

In other words, they included kicks and I can't fight for shit so I won't be taking this fight. Fuck you all.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #58525 on: November 7, 2018, 11:12:21 pm »

In other words, they included kicks and I can't fight for shit so I won't be taking this fight. Fuck you all.
"I'm up for Andre Berto II though."

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #58526 on: November 8, 2018, 06:56:54 am »
"I'm up for Andre Berto II though."
Sick of the guy qt this point. The sooner he fucks off the better for both boxing and MMA.

Errol Spence v Mikey Garcia close to being finalised for AT&T Stadium. Ballsy move from Mikey, no idea why he's taking such a high risk fight. Should be going after Lomachenko imo.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #58527 on: November 8, 2018, 08:11:52 am »

I wonder who wrote that for him

He couldn't have done it if you offered him 9 figures

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58528 on: November 8, 2018, 04:59:57 pm »
Sick of the guy qt this point. The sooner he fucks off the better for both boxing and MMA.

Errol Spence v Mikey Garcia close to being finalised for AT&T Stadium. Ballsy move from Mikey, no idea why he's taking such a high risk fight. Should be going after Lomachenko imo.
Oooh that's nice  ;D Spence will be favourite but Garcia will outbox him. Whether he can survive the hard hitting Spence who is going to the bigger fighter on the night is another question entirely.

I wonder who wrote that for him

He couldn't have done it if you offered him 9 figures
Ellerbe most likely.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Believer
« Reply #58529 on: November 9, 2018, 05:16:05 pm »
Looking forward to the fight tomorrow. Always a joy to watch Usyk and hoping Bellew can make contest of it.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58530 on: November 9, 2018, 05:27:46 pm »
Looking forward to the fight tomorrow. Always a joy to watch Usyk and hoping Bellew can make contest of it.

I know he's a bitter bitter blue, but I find myself gradually liking Bellew more and more. He's still got about a 1 in 100 chance tomorrow night mind.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Believer
« Reply #58531 on: November 9, 2018, 05:31:14 pm »
I know he's a bitter bitter blue, but I find myself gradually liking Bellew more and more. He's still got about a 1 in 100 chance tomorrow night mind.
I quite like Bellew too. They can be as bitter as they like. We don't have to rise to it. He has worked hard and could have taken other fights for more money but has chosen to go in with Usyk for less money and much more risk. Just hope he doesn't get knocked out in one.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58532 on: November 9, 2018, 05:33:20 pm »
I quite like Bellew too. They can be as bitter as they like. We don't have to rise to it. He has worked hard and could have taken other fights for more money but has chosen to go in with Usyk for less money and much more risk. Just hope he doesn't get knocked out in one.

Think he'll last at 2-3 rounds. Not much longer than that though.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58533 on: November 9, 2018, 05:34:52 pm »
What other fights could he have taken?

He wouldn't fight Whyte,Parker not worth it without belt, Fury tied up with Wilder. This was his best paying option and happens to be the one that could give him the greatest glory should he pull it off.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58534 on: November 9, 2018, 05:36:51 pm »
Fwiw I think Bellew wins. Come from behind stoppage around rs 10. Usyk hasnt wowed me so far. He will get no protection whatsoever from the ref either

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58535 on: November 9, 2018, 06:13:15 pm »
I think Bellew wins tomorrow, late stoppage.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58536 on: November 9, 2018, 07:24:02 pm »
Fwiw I think Bellew wins. Come from behind stoppage around rs 10. Usyk hasnt wowed me so far. He will get no protection whatsoever from the ref either

I hope you haven't put money on it!

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #58537 on: November 9, 2018, 09:23:36 pm »
Is the undercard worth watching tomorrow? I don't recognise many of the names bar Burns & Croalla to be honest.

• Believer
« Reply #58538 on: November 9, 2018, 09:53:39 pm »
Is the undercard worth watching tomorrow? I don't recognise many of the names bar Burns & Croalla to be honest.
Heard Josh Kelly is a good prospect. Can't him being a boxer, looks more like he should be on Love Island

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58539 on: November 9, 2018, 10:31:34 pm »
Think he'll last at 2-3 rounds. Not much longer than that though.
Usyk ain't a puncher and Bellew can take a shot. I would be absolutely stunned if he is blasted out early.

I would also be stunned if Bellew wins by KO! His best chance is a gruelling war of attrition with lots of close rounds where he gets the nod from shite judges. My prediction is Usyk via UD but I wouldnt rule out a terrible scorecard to make it a split decision. Can't see Bellew win but he can definitely be competitive.

You have to remember Clayton that Bellew's record is a bit sparse. The lad he KO'd at Goodison had a mirage of a record IMO. At Cruiser he squeezed past Masternak (his career best win IMO), and battered BJ Flores who is crap. At Heavy he beat a completely shot Haye (tbf we didnt know that for sure before the first bout) twice. He has done nothing in his career that suggests he is good enough to beat Usyk who defeated Briedis and Gassiev, two guys I think would also beat Bellew. (I was banging the Breidis vs Bellew drum for ages)
« Last Edit: November 9, 2018, 10:35:01 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58540 on: November 9, 2018, 10:35:32 pm »
Either way it is a proper big fight and I literally cannot wait! Shame that the undercard is ass though

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58541 on: November 9, 2018, 10:36:30 pm »
Either way it is a proper big fight and I literally cannot wait! Shame that the undercard is ass though
I'm still buying it. Worth it to get the living room to myself  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58542 on: November 9, 2018, 10:49:43 pm »
Bellew's record is complete smoke and mirrors. Fair play to him, he's made more money relative to his talent than any boxer I can think of, and he's even been in a Rocky film. Literally living the dream.

But this is about levels, and Bellew is Usyk's easiest fight of the year by far. Neither of them are punchers so this is going the distance, and I just can't see a route to victory for Bellew.

I've put money on the SD because you're basically betting on one of the judges being bent, and I've got a bit on Usyk late stoppage, thinking cuts or somethibg.

What with Bellew retiring and Usyk signing with Eddie Hearn, I don't even think home cooking is a factor. Bellew is not going to make any more money for matchroom, but Usyk is going to work his way through all the gatekeepers up to AJ now and so he needs hyping up.

I hope you guys are prepared for a stinker as well! Once you go past the broken down David Haye and some Latvians at cruiserweight, Bellew has been in some of the worst fights of all time. I sat through 24 fucking rounds of him scraping past Chilemba FFS.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58543 on: November 10, 2018, 07:42:10 am »
I can't disagree with that @Lusty, I'm just not that high on Usyk. He is so open. When I first heard about him I thought he was a higher weight lomachenko but loma, whose defence needs work, is still a lot tighter than Usyk. I see him walking g into something and then 'bang'!

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58544 on: November 10, 2018, 08:07:44 am »
Yeah I'm with you there, he does get hit way too often, but Bellew is not the one to take advantage of that. It took him 11 rounds to get rid of Haye who couldn't defend himself. Meanwhile Usyk got hit clean by Breidis and Gassiev, who are both punchers, and was never in trouble.

I'm starting to think that Usyk comes undone against the big HWs, but he can handle anything Bellew throws at him.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58545 on: November 10, 2018, 10:35:18 am »
I can't disagree with that @Lusty, I'm just not that high on Usyk. He is so open. When I first heard about him I thought he was a higher weight lomachenko but loma, whose defence needs work, is still a lot tighter than Usyk. I see him walking g into something and then 'bang'!
If Usyk can take Breidis' shots, he will take Bellew's. There is always the danger of getting caught with one you don't see but it would be a real shock if Bellew gets a TKO. As Lusty points out, Bellew isn't averse to a stinkfest, so it could be 8 rounds wrestling and 4 rounds boxing!

Yeah I'm with you there, he does get hit way too often, but Bellew is not the one to take advantage of that. It took him 11 rounds to get rid of Haye who couldn't defend himself. Meanwhile Usyk got hit clean by Breidis and Gassiev, who are both punchers, and was never in trouble.

I'm starting to think that Usyk comes undone against the big HWs, but he can handle anything Bellew throws at him.
Bellew vs Cleverly II was one of the worst fights of all time! Cleverly lay on the ropes exhausted for the last four rounds while an equally knackered Bellew failed to finish him off!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58546 on: November 10, 2018, 10:41:26 am »
If Usyk can take Breidis' shots, he will take Bellew's. There is always the danger of getting caught with one you don't see but it would be a real shock if Bellew gets a TKO. As Lusty points out, Bellew isn't averse to a stinkfest, so it could be 8 rounds wrestling and 4 rounds boxing!
Bellew vs Cleverly II was one of the worst fights of all time! Cleverly lay on the ropes exhausted for the last four rounds while an equally knackered Bellew failed to finish him off!

You know as well as I do that kind of logic is dangerous in boxing. It is what led people to think Klitchko was going to wipe fury out. If Cunningham can drop him, what will Vladimir do?

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58547 on: November 10, 2018, 10:55:38 am »
You know as well as I do that kind of logic is dangerous in boxing. It is what led people to think Klitchko was going to wipe fury out. If Cunningham can drop him, what will Vladimir do?
I know what you mean. However, Bellew IMO doesnt bring anything to the table that Usyk hasn't seen before. Sure, he could get complacent and get clipped by one he doesn't see coming but aside from that, there are no other issues to consider such as Usyk being shopworn or old for example. He is probably at his peak professionally, and doesnt seem like a man who will overlook Bellew. Bellew does well against guys coming forward in straight lines, Usyk may be open but he is still harder to hit than most Cruisers. Breidis got him plenty but the Latvian powerhouse is a terrific (and criminally underrated) fighter. Gassiev didnt land many meaningful punches at all.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58548 on: November 10, 2018, 03:09:20 pm »

Mate of mine was in Turkey when Danny Williams beat Mike Tyson and he was saying their was mass hysteria as Williams had been beaten by one of their fighters previously. Styles make fighters.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58549 on: November 10, 2018, 03:31:10 pm »
Opinions eh? That's why boxing is great, anything can happen, especially with the big guys.

Wouldn't be the first time Bellew has made me look a tit on here if he wins!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #58550 on: November 10, 2018, 03:59:51 pm »
Usyk V  Bellew what time ?

Guessing 10:30 ?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 04:02:25 pm by rocco »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #58551 on: November 10, 2018, 06:47:07 pm »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58552 on: November 10, 2018, 06:52:29 pm »
Nearly got sick , id be worried and get a scan of his brain

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58553 on: November 10, 2018, 07:09:12 pm »
Mate of mine was in Turkey when Danny Williams beat Mike Tyson and he was saying their was mass hysteria as Williams had been beaten by one of their fighters previously. Styles make fighters.

Sanil Sam. Banjoed Williams. He was actually pretty decent offensively. Fun to watch

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58554 on: November 10, 2018, 07:10:50 pm »
Any Ace streams

Cheers

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice.
« Reply #58555 on: November 10, 2018, 07:21:15 pm »
Any Ace streams

Cheers

acestream://757e15c0720d5e67522503dab7e5d5b54cc71ce9
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58556 on: November 10, 2018, 07:27:00 pm »
Cheers

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58557 on: November 10, 2018, 07:31:37 pm »
Any flash streams please. My go to place firstrow is complete ass at the moment

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #58558 on: November 10, 2018, 07:33:14 pm »

Are you still living in 2008 Chin?  ;D Haven't used Firstrow in years

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58559 on: November 10, 2018, 07:43:23 pm »

Jaysus firstrow ;)