Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 1623016 times)

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Believer
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #44760 on: January 11, 2017, 01:31:10 PM »
La La Land is lovely.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #44761 on: January 11, 2017, 01:34:01 PM »
Neil? Lance? Alexander?

Stretch. You don't get arms like that naturally.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44762 on: January 11, 2017, 01:47:47 PM »
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Nessy76

• Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #44763 on: January 11, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA
www.twitter.com/AndrewNessy

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #44764 on: January 11, 2017, 02:59:03 PM »
Saw A Monster Calls last night without any real prior knowledge of what it's about and bloody hell, it was genuinely one of the saddest films I've ever seen. Had to hold back the tears a couple of times. It was well-acted and well-made but I can't say I particularly enjoyed it!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44765 on: January 11, 2017, 03:01:33 PM »

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44766 on: January 11, 2017, 03:02:00 PM »
Saw A Monster Calls last night without any real prior knowledge of what it's about and bloody hell, it was genuinely one of the saddest films I've ever seen. Had to hold back the tears a couple of times. It was well-acted and well-made but I can't say I particularly enjoyed it!
Don't read the book it's based on then. ;D

Offline Nessy76

• Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #44767 on: January 11, 2017, 03:02:40 PM »
Bloody liar. ;D

He retired from the game when I was two years old!  ;D ;D
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA
www.twitter.com/AndrewNessy

Offline dave 5516

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44768 on: January 11, 2017, 03:06:22 PM »
He retired from the game when I was two years old!  ;D ;D
Fair enough. He did manage a few teams after he stopped playing....that was were the cheating and lying came from....plus he played in the 71 final against us...always knew he was baddun. ;D

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #44769 on: January 11, 2017, 04:03:40 PM »
Don't read the book it's based on then. ;D

Good book that.

Offline Something Stingy

• Turgid Turd
  • Believer
« Reply #44770 on: January 11, 2017, 04:24:17 PM »
Anyone seen Silence, the Scorsese film?
Carragher - 'No-one growing up wants to be a Gary Neville'

Milton Red - That would make more sense if you'd written it with those crayons you got for your birthday.

Offline Titi Camara

• Loves a bit of odd...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #44771 on: January 11, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »
Anyone seen Silence, the Scorsese film?
Watched Silence tonight. Stunning cinematography. Bit slow, but some really strong performances.
Belief. Unity. Faith. Hope!.

Only accept criticism from people you respect.

Offline dave 5516

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44772 on: January 11, 2017, 10:05:32 PM »
One for Max....

Undercover Hooligan 2016 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO
Was exactly what I thought when I saw the up. ;D

Perma-ban for the lad tho.

Offline Something Stingy

• Turgid Turd
  • Believer
« Reply #44773 on: January 12, 2017, 10:03:45 AM »

Cheers  :) Got a free ticket to watch it tomorrow. Reviewing it for the uni magazine.

Milton Red - That would make more sense if you'd written it with those crayons you got for your birthday.

Offline dave 5516

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44774 on: January 12, 2017, 02:35:47 PM »

Hidden Figures 2016 DVDSCR-P2P

Offline Acton Nick

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. Well drilled at the back though..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #44775 on: January 12, 2017, 03:41:03 PM »
Has anyone seen The Witch? Recorded it having seen it was on.  Is it any good? I like the idea of it and it should be quite suspenseful given the setting and the timing,  just can't picture the father as anyone other than Finchy though which might undermine the more tense scenes a little!
Fucking thick, inbred, bandy-legged, Kev Webster lookalike bellends.

Online Kidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44776 on: January 12, 2017, 04:14:09 PM »
Has anyone seen The Witch? Recorded it having seen it was on.  Is it any good? I like the idea of it and it should be quite suspenseful given the setting and the timing,  just can't picture the father as anyone other than Finchy though which might undermine the more tense scenes a little!

;D
www.facebook.com/letsscreenplay - writery stuff for writery people.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #44777 on: January 12, 2017, 04:17:06 PM »

The bit where he throws his shoe over the roof of ye olde taverne is memorable.

I thought it was interesting and atmospheric without ever being truly convincing as a horror.  It's well acted and well made, etc.  Maybe I wasn't quite in the mood for it.

Yiannis loves it though. Never stops talking about how great it is.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Believer
« Reply #44778 on: January 12, 2017, 04:26:46 PM »
has a great ending
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #44779 on: January 12, 2017, 04:28:43 PM »
has a great ending

The actress playing Finchy's eldest daughter is the standout performer.  She's really excellent.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Acton Nick

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. Well drilled at the back though..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #44780 on: January 12, 2017, 06:02:51 PM »
;D

What's funny about that? You'll all be using this Betamax thing in a couple of words, mark my words.
Fucking thick, inbred, bandy-legged, Kev Webster lookalike bellends.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Believer
« Reply #44781 on: January 12, 2017, 06:27:59 PM »
the best thing about the witch was at the start ... i didn't know Finchy was in it, and as soon as he started talking (face wasn't shown) I knew it was him.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Kidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44782 on: January 12, 2017, 06:30:38 PM »
What's funny about that? You'll all be using this Betamax thing in a couple of words, mark my words.

Can almost visualise you fiddling about with a family members Iphone trying to get the tape thingio to bastarding work... :lmao
www.facebook.com/letsscreenplay - writery stuff for writery people.

Offline dave 5516

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44783 on: January 12, 2017, 06:41:31 PM »
Patriots Day 2016 DVDSCR x264-FrangoAssado 

I Daniel Blake 2016 HC HDRIP XVID-Falfoula

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44784 on: January 12, 2017, 08:46:22 PM »
La La Land is lovely.

London Towns better

Offline Something Stingy

• Turgid Turd
  • Believer
« Reply #44785 on: January 12, 2017, 08:50:59 PM »
Anyone going to watch Live by Night (I think)?

Gangster's my favourite genre, so I'm interested to see what it'll be like.

Offline dave 5516

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44786 on: January 12, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »
Raw is a coming of age film about is about a girl named Justine (Garance Marillier) who we meet as she enters veterinary school. I won't say no more than that...other than it's a different kind of coming of age film than you're used to.....it has a release date, finally, 10th of March. 8) This has been raved about ever since it's first screening at Cannes back in May. This might be one of the best films we see this year. I have very high hopes for this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wKYFH0hRpD0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wKYFH0hRpD0</a>

Offline dave 5516

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44787 on: January 12, 2017, 09:47:51 PM »
Anyone going to watch Live by Night (I think)?

Gangster's my favourite genre, so I'm interested to see what it'll be like.
I read the book by Lehane. I like Lehane and have read all his books...this is the least of them, imo.

Offline cloggypop

• Believer
« Reply #44788 on: January 12, 2017, 10:04:02 PM »

London Towns better
Sing Street is better than London Town

Offline Sarge

• Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #44789 on: January 12, 2017, 10:29:40 PM »
Just watched Patriots Day and its very very good, was a bit aprehensive but its more than worth a watch.
If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.

Offline Redcap

• Believer
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #44790 on: January 13, 2017, 12:07:42 AM »

It's creepy rather than scary, and to that extent I think it's great.

But I think horror is very much tied to the culture of the day and what people are afraid of. I couldn't relate to much of The Witch, but I appreciated it as an exercise in tension.

Offline Crosby Wych

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Believer
« Reply #44791 on: January 13, 2017, 12:34:02 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H18RUB1cxfI

Watched this video by RLM, and holy fuck it drilled home just how many depressing sequels/reboots are getting made this year. Jesus fuck when will it collapse. I feel fatigued just listening to it
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #44792 on: January 13, 2017, 11:57:58 AM »

Yiannis loves it though. Never stops talking about how great it is.

;D ;D

Hm. Hm. Sure.
FSG are prepared to back Klopp with as many as 5/6 high profile signings, with more dead wood shipped out in the summer.

Pennant was pretty good.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #44793 on: January 13, 2017, 03:29:17 PM »
Saw La La Land, fell in love with La La Land.

Thought it was utterly gorgeous and charming. Not much of a fan of musicals, they just never interest me, but I adored it.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Trada

• Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Believer
« Reply #44794 on: January 14, 2017, 08:11:54 AM »
Watch Hidden Figures last night really enjoyed it, Whats strange I didn't know about the Black women that helped NASA to do the maths to get the USA into space until I watched an episode of Timeless a month ago when they went back in time and meet them.

I didn't know about this film and when watching it I thought it would make a good story.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #44795 on: January 14, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »
Patriots day is a good movie

Thought it might be a bit U-S-A, U-S-A but I thought they held the tension really well.  A bit schmaltzy at the end but being quite a sentimental arse I found it quite touching

I really like Mark Whalberg (I know he is the same in everything but- his films are a bit of a guilty pleasure)

Bit of triv - Dick Ecklunds son was in it as a police officer

Gonna watch the HBO doc - Marathon - The patriots day bombing now
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:26:20 PM by Igor Tripod Biscan »
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #44796 on: January 14, 2017, 12:29:19 PM »
Just watched Phantom Boy. It was nice looking, especially the opening titles.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Believer
« Reply #44797 on: January 14, 2017, 04:11:58 PM »
Patriots Day 2016 DVDSCR x264-FrangoAssado 

I Daniel Blake 2016 HC HDRIP XVID-Falfoula

I'm betting I Daniel Blake is fantastic. However I imagine it will be depressing as shit. Will have to be in a certain mood to tackle it I think.

Offline dave 5516

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44798 on: January 14, 2017, 04:19:51 PM »
Just watched Phantom Boy. It was nice looking, especially the opening titles.
In the original language...it makes a huge difference.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #44799 on: January 14, 2017, 06:24:36 PM »
I watched Masterminds this arvo - Zack Galifiknackers and the girl ghostbusters

Was a bit sophomoric in its humour but I did laugh a few times

Kate McKinnon gets on my nerves a bit = Like she is trying too hard to 'do a funny character' 
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961