Author Topic: What are you listening to now?  (Read 889251 times)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Re: What are you listening to now?
« Reply #32960 on: August 9, 2019, 02:52:47 AM »
HMS Fable by Shack. On constant repeat the past few days. Great album
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #32961 on: August 9, 2019, 06:57:47 AM »
The best of me - Bryan Adams

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32962 on: August 9, 2019, 08:52:43 PM »
Anfield roar

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32963 on: August 10, 2019, 06:37:31 PM »
Little Simz - Grey Area.
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you
with experience. - anonymous

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Philantropist Lvl 1
« Reply #32964 on: August 13, 2019, 09:45:24 AM »
I'm listening a lot to Ghost these days. NEver thought they were for me, with their makeup and masks, but the music is really good. Especially the latter albums.

I'm also heavily in to British NWOBHM (New Wave OF British Heavy Metal) legends Demon. I went to Skogsröjet hard rock festival the other weekend and saw them there. They were awesome. Their earliest albums are classics.

There's also a Swedish project band called Gathering of Kings, a kind of super group with some of Sweden's finest hard rockers. If you like melodic hard rock the way it was done in the 80´s, I can thoroughly recommend their debut album.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 09:48:26 AM by Groundskeeper Willie »
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Offline Davidbowie

• Believer
  • ''An 'Excellent' forum profile''
« Reply #32965 on: August 13, 2019, 02:59:31 PM »
Train to Skaville - The Ethiopians

Me like dem ting.
''Stay fresh, cheese-bags.''

Offline Filler.

• resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Believer
« Reply #32966 on: August 13, 2019, 11:47:35 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wnv4LNuD7PA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wnv4LNuD7PA</a>

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Believer
« Reply #32967 on: August 14, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »
Been listening to Magazines ' Second hand daylight' all week and loving it ..reception a bit flat following release of the brlliant Real Life..and I always felt a bit indiffrent bar couple of tracks...but it sounds fantastic now...would recommend if you fancy a bit of Post Punk Prog pop.

Offline Venton

• Main Stander
« Reply #32968 on: August 16, 2019, 10:19:19 AM »
Japanese Avant​-​Garde : Agitation​/​Stillness >< Noise​/​Silence

https://subrosalabel.bandcamp.com/album/japanese-avant-garde-agitation-stillness-noise-silence

As an introduction to this album here are some extracts from David Toop's liner notes.

Most music in Japan has little to recommend it; it is a sonic equivalent of those brutal concrete towers or the transitory chaos of multi-storey teen-fashion emporia in Aoyama. But a sonic underground thrives, creatively if not financially, and perhaps it should be compared with the shabby Golden-gai drinking dens of Shinjuku, faint reminders of a lost time when desire and transgression shared endless cups of sake with political and artistic radicalism...
...How is it possible to live within and react against an extremely regulated society, politically moribund, engulfed by consumerism, technological innovation, mediated images, a confusion of influences and traditions? Agitation and stillness may seem to be opposing strategies, yet they converge at a certain point...
...Surging deep beneath the noir turbulence of Merzbow and So Takahashi, the car crash ruins of Otomo Yoshihide and Ground Zero, the curated urban fragments of Viewmaster, the technocratic complexity of Bisk and Yoshihiro Hanno's Multiphonic Ensemble, the piercing intensity of Sachiko M, the childlike placidity of Aki Onda, Yoshio Machida and Haco, is a conflicting sense of clarity attained through struggle. Out of turmoil, a stained purity is revealed.
Listening to this alchemical transmutation, I think of Fujieda Baian, the central character of Shotaro Ikenami's historical novels. Professional assassin and acupuncturist, Baian kills to live, lives to heal. At the beginning of Yasunari Kawabata's novel, The Sound of the Mountain, Ogata Shingo hears an elusive sound, the faint rumble of the mountain at the rear of his house. "It was as if a demon had passed, making the mountain sound out." Shingo shakes his head, thinking the disturbance might be a ringing in his ears. Feeling fear, perhaps he hears the collapsing certainties of the future, our present, where everything is in flux.

Tags: experimental electronic japanese ambient japanese avant-garde japanese hardcore Belgium

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32969 on: August 16, 2019, 10:59:39 AM »
Friday night and I thought it mix things up a bit with one of my fave Youtube Channels, My Analog Journal.

Tonight its Turkish 70's Funk and Anatolian Rock.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HJSdBc85LE0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HJSdBc85LE0</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.