Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2493414 times)

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Re: LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD - YOU JOTA BE KIDDING, WE SIGNED THIAGO!
« Reply #16640 on: September 23, 2020, 06:02:32 pm »
I'm not loved because of my jokes.

Just your time keeping mate

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD - YOU JOTA BE KIDDING, WE SIGNED THIAGO!
« Reply #16641 on: September 23, 2020, 06:08:05 pm »
Is that before or after he takes a breath mint?

3/10, must try harder.

You're being generous there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16642 on: September 23, 2020, 06:10:34 pm »
You're being generous there.

Gotta break him down slowly before building him back up. Alla Klopp with Jones.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16643 on: September 23, 2020, 06:16:51 pm »
Their record fee is around £15m, so I'd be surprised if it was significantly more than that
They are being bought out by a US investment firm, so I suspect they may have more cash than you might expect.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16644 on: September 23, 2020, 06:29:25 pm »
They are being bought out by a US investment firm, so I suspect they may have more cash than you might expect.

If they’ve got it, Mr Edwards will sniff it out

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16645 on: September 23, 2020, 06:38:50 pm »
Gotta break him down slowly before building him back up. Alla Klopp with Jones.

ha ha with you there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16646 on: September 23, 2020, 06:48:36 pm »
That guy stole my toilet

Fucking brilliant
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16647 on: September 23, 2020, 07:01:36 pm »
Their record fee is around £15m, so I'd be surprised if it was significantly more than that
His set pieces alone are worth £10 million.

Phil, presumably?

Or maybe Duncan?

For those ageing folks among us whose bollocks have dropped - Thaksin
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16648 on: September 23, 2020, 07:08:27 pm »

Don't tel AL666, he has a thing about US investment firms and transfer cash. ;D

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16649 on: September 23, 2020, 08:28:02 pm »
I dare not post what I think his old man is called.  ;D

Rodger?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #16650 on: September 23, 2020, 09:05:54 pm »

Yep. Just seen that

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16651 on: September 23, 2020, 09:59:55 pm »
I wonder if anyone else is also interested in Harry Wilson. 15m seems higher than I'd expect, unless there has been some other club involved.

It's a bit of a conundrum with Harry. For us, he's nowhere near the team, and everyone (even Fordy, I suspect) knows that. Best quality backup to Mo is Mane, with Jota coming on to the left. Other backups at the club for the right-sided attacker that are better than Wilson, either in 433 or 4231, are Shaqiri, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino and Jota, and possibly Origi and Elliott.

So buying clubs would be expected to drive the price down, knowing this. And yet we need to be careful not to undervalue him. Harry's got a wand of a left foot, and in the right set-up will win games for his team with that weapon alone.

Joining those two lines of thought together, I'd have expected him to go for about 10m, with maybe a few more millions in add-ons. However if there is also another club interested, that might have pushed the price up.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16652 on: September 23, 2020, 10:18:37 pm »
If we get £15m for Wilson that is a very very good deal for us.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #16653 on: September 23, 2020, 11:05:53 pm »
And to think, Edwards came from the club that seemed to be shadowing our transfer targets.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16654 on: September 23, 2020, 11:30:42 pm »
Really thought we should have sold Wilson last year when there was talk of 20/25 mil. No way will there be a sell on clause, sell ons reduce the fee and there is little to no chance we will want him back.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16655 on: September 23, 2020, 11:32:46 pm »
Really thought we should have sold Wilson last year when there was talk of 20/25 mil. No way will there be a sell on clause, sell ons reduce the fee and there is little to no chance we will want him back.

No way of predicting Covid would was there? We also got 3 very good players at below Pre pandemic prices so it’s swings and roundabouts

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #16656 on: September 23, 2020, 11:46:24 pm »
I dare not post what I think his old man is called.  ;D

Des Troy

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16657 on: September 23, 2020, 11:54:40 pm »
If we get £15m for Wilson that is a very very good deal for us.
I find it amazing how so many posters believe that anyone who isn't a regular starter for us must be shit. You see it increasingly with the way people talk about Origi and Shaqiri, but Wilson's easily the prime example. You don't get six goals in your first 14 Premier League games if you're shit, though it is easy to fall off if you're young and playing in a basket case team that's in freefall.

To put it in perspective, £15 million is roughly half of what Ollie Watkins - someone who's never played in a top division - just went for, and a fair amount less than Callum Wilson, who scored one more goal in the same team as our Wilson as a number nine, was just bought for. That's not to say I think anyone will pay £25 million for him in the current climate, but it's not like he's some Jordon Ibe or Dominic Solanke-level player who's never showed an end product at professional level.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #16658 on: September 24, 2020, 12:08:56 am »
I find it amazing how so many posters believe that anyone who isn't a regular starter for us must be shit. You see it increasingly with the way people talk about Origi and Shaqiri, but Wilson's easily the prime example. You don't get six goals in your first 14 Premier League games if you're shit, though it is easy to fall off if you're young and playing in a basket case team that's in freefall.

To put it in perspective, £15 million is roughly half of what Ollie Watkins - someone who's never played in a top division - just went for, and a fair amount less than Callum Wilson, who scored one more goal in the same team as our Wilson as a number nine, was just bought for. That's not to say I think anyone will pay £25 million for him in the current climate, but it's not like he's some Jordon Ibe or Dominic Solanke-level player who's never showed an end product at professional level.

I don't think many people think that to be fair. We've sold some worse players than Wilson for similar or more - like Ibe or Solanke for example. It's more about the current climate than anything else.

15m is a good deal right, and I think in light of fans not being allowed back for another 6 months, very sensible. Holding on to someone who'll be 24 next year in hopes that the football economy is going to miraculously bounce back, so we can pocket potentially an extra 10m, seems rather risky.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16659 on: September 24, 2020, 12:11:57 am »
It's set to be announced 5 subs allowed in the CL.

Could that mean we sign another player.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16660 on: September 24, 2020, 04:22:22 am »
Will enjoy taking money off Burnley for Wilson, but for me that's a terrible career move if he goes there.  If he's not knocking them in from FK's early I can see Dyche's patience in other parts of Wilson's game being lost very quickly.

« Reply #16661 on: September 24, 2020, 05:17:27 am »
His set pieces alone are worth £10 million.
Are we re-signing Charlie Adam? :D
Bastion of invincibility

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #16662 on: September 24, 2020, 06:04:43 am »
Will enjoy taking money off Burnley for Wilson, but for me that's a terrible career move if he goes there.  If he's not knocking them in from FK's early I can see Dyche's patience in other parts of Wilson's game being lost very quickly.

Now that I know Dyche is a dirty Tory who doesn't want PL clubs to help lower league clubs, I kinda want them to pay a lot more than 15m.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16663 on: September 24, 2020, 06:32:51 am »
Ray Von works exclusively in Bolton you philistine
He's a gypsy, they're nomadic by nature.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16664 on: September 24, 2020, 07:51:12 am »
That guy stole my toilet

:lmao

What a first post!

All downhill from here...

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #16665 on: September 24, 2020, 07:59:44 am »

... or sell one fewer?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16666 on: September 24, 2020, 08:21:53 am »

I think it is more likely that we will keep one more player. It seems that Wilson is on his way to Burnley, so I expect that we will sell Grujic, Karius, Phillips and Larouci in the coming days. It will be interesting to see the developments with Origi and Brewster.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16667 on: September 24, 2020, 09:00:38 am »
If people suggested selling Wilson last summer for £15m it would have been no chance. He started the season okay at Bournemouth too but did fall away in the second half the season as did their whole team. £15m for someone who will get you goals is a great deal for a side like Burnley.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16668 on: September 24, 2020, 09:05:19 am »

That'll be a big relief to Klopp. Draw dependent of course, but I'd expect to see some group games where we rest a couple of the front three and bring them on at half time (or vice versa, I suppose).

I don't think it'll change any transfer decisions though. If you assume the normal defence and attack, with a Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo midfield, we'll still struggle to pick a nine-man bench from the following: Adrian, Williams, Matip, Tsimikas, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Jones, Chamberlain, Jota, Elliott, Minamino, Origi/Shaqiri. That's a lot of options.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16669 on: September 24, 2020, 10:18:38 am »
If people suggested selling Wilson last summer for £15m it would have been no chance. He started the season okay at Bournemouth too but did fall away in the second half the season as did their whole team. £15m for someone who will get you goals is a great deal for a side like Burnley.

Would it...? It would have been a lot of money for someone who had only played in the Championship and had a number of glaring deficiencies in his game. He’s now had one average season in the PL where those deficiencies have again been shown up, to the point he couldn’t get a game for a team fighting relegation despite being their second top scorer.

It certainly looks better this season in the current climate but I doubt many would have said ‘no chance’ at that last summer.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16670 on: September 24, 2020, 10:36:38 am »
Would it...? It would have been a lot of money for someone who had only played in the Championship and had a number of glaring deficiencies in his game. He’s now had one average season in the PL where those deficiencies have again been shown up, to the point he couldn’t get a game for a team fighting relegation despite being their second top scorer.

It certainly looks better this season in the current climate but I doubt many would have said ‘no chance’ at that last summer.
Except no one thought Wilson had 'a number of glaring deficiencies in his game' this time last year. He'd succeeded at every level he'd played. Even some of these supposed deficiencies, like a lack of pace, are vastly exaggerated.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16671 on: September 24, 2020, 10:43:31 am »
Except no one thought Wilson had 'a number of glaring deficiencies in his game' this time last year. He'd succeeded at every level he'd played. Even some of these supposed deficiencies, like a lack of pace, are vastly exaggerated.
Yes they did.

It was mentioned after he scored a great goal against Dortmund where some thought he should stay at Liverpool.
That pre season showed he didnt have enough to his game after from long shots,set pieces & finishing when he got a chance.

He isnt a bad player but is he definitely PL quality?
The jury is still out on that hence why we have not received many offers.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #16672 on: September 24, 2020, 10:50:30 am »
Unless you've got an elite engine you're going to struggle in this league. That's Wilson's biggest issue. You've got to be quick over 5m, or 25m or 10kms.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16673 on: September 24, 2020, 11:09:31 am »

Except they did.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16674 on: September 24, 2020, 11:25:48 am »
Harry Wilson to replace Robbie Brady who's injury luck stinks is good business by Burnley (if it happens).

If Bournemouth had stayed up last year, Harry Wilson would be so much more of an attractive proposition. Seven PL goals is not to be sniffed at.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16675 on: September 24, 2020, 11:26:38 am »
Bournemouth going on catastrophically long losing streaks was very little to do with Harry Wilson.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16676 on: September 24, 2020, 11:41:25 am »
Except they did.
I hope when you get round to reeling them off, it's something more detailed than 'he didn't have enough to his game'. I actually remember the discussion on here about him last summer. There were people who thought he wasn't good enough to be a regular player here, but even the people who were most adamant about that were still saying he'd become a good PL-level player.

Unless you've got an elite engine you're going to struggle in this league. That's Wilson's biggest issue. You've got to be quick over 5m, or 25m or 10kms.
We can nitpick about the definition of elite but by any measure, how 'elite' an engine does Olivier Giroud have, or Shaqiri for that matter? Would you say they've struggled in this league?

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #16677 on: September 24, 2020, 11:41:26 am »

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #16678 on: September 24, 2020, 11:43:23 am »
Except no one thought Wilson had 'a number of glaring deficiencies in his game' this time last year.

'a number of glaring deficiencies' may be a bit harsh but there was definitely significant doubts about Wilson. He's great on the ball and is a goalscoring threat. He's also great at set pieces. Physically there are a few Q marks about him but nothing major. His 2 major weakenesses from what I've seen are that he can drift out of games quite easily and off the ball he needs some work. I know Derby season ticket holders who said the same thing when he was in The Championship. None of them had him pinned down as their best player that season in the season he had for Derby (Tomori and, for some, Mount were viewed as better prospects). On here I thought people over estimated his performances for Derby that season because his numbers were very good. At the time I remember suggesting Maddison as a much better young player at that level and some people on here disagreed.

Given our forwards and midfielders can never be described as peripheral or poor off the ball, they were 2 weaknesses that Wilson had that made me think it was unlikely he'd ever be an option for us. He doesn't look to have improved those weaknesses significantly during his time at Bournemouth either. Plus with Trent, he'd probably not even take set pieces when on the pitch. Not being good enough to get in our 25 man squad doesn't mean you are a poor player though. Far from it. Wilson has shown he's good enough for The Championship and probably bottom half of the Premier League. He'll provide goals and danger from set pieces. That's worth +10M to a lot of clubs.

I wrote this last season and still stick by most of it (Shaqiri is defo better though)....

My concern with Harry Wilson is that he's the ultimate Match of the Day player. A bit like Shay Given.

Looks great when you watch the highlight reel of their games but in reality those highlights are covering up a number of flaws in their game. For Shay Given those flaws were that he was too small and generally shite at anything a keeper needed to do beyond shot stopping. For Harry Wilson, those flaws are his physicality and his tendency to be quite peripheral in most games (bar the highlight moments).

Find it hard to say he's better than Shaqiri (or not). Think it would be great to see what Wilson could do in our system alongside our players. However, I suspect if he'd have stayed this season he'd have been lucky to have played 200 mins in al comps by this point in the season.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:02:08 pm by Jookie »
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16679 on: September 24, 2020, 11:46:36 am »
I hope when you get round to reeling them off, it's something more detailed than 'he didn't have enough to his game'. I actually remember the discussion on here about him last summer. There were people who thought he wasn't good enough to be a regular player here, but even the people who were most adamant about that were still saying he'd become a good PL-level player.

I won’t get round to reeling anything off, there’s a whole Harry Wilson thread with people talking about his lack of pace, inconsistency, drifting out of games and not doing much apart from taking good set pieces and the odd open play goal for a good 2/3 years.