Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850463 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #8040 on: May 5, 2020, 08:25:52 pm »
I'm late to the part here... what's the gag behind the * ?
Opposition knobs going on about how our title win will always have an asterisk attached as a way of devaluing it.

We are claiming the asterisk as our own. We are going to own it and give it our own meaning, thus voiding any oppo taunts.

Gary Gobshite was so late getting onto this yesterday when he said he was going to wear an asterisk pin badge to mock our title. Little did the tit know we'd already embraced it. 😎

Edit: Craig was quicker on the draw there.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8041 on: May 5, 2020, 08:28:53 pm »
Think they're the first team in the relegation battle that has come out in favor of resuming the season?

Villa are extremely confident that they will stay up.

Not surprised considering how scared West Ham and Brighton have been acting.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #8042 on: May 5, 2020, 08:31:43 pm »
Opposition knobs going on about how our title win will always have an asterisk attached as a way of devaluing it.

We are claiming the asterisk as our own. We are going to own it and give it our own meaning, thus voiding any oppo taunts.

Gary Gobshite was so late getting onto this yesterday when he said he was going to wear an asterisk pin badge to mock our title. Little did the tit know we'd already embraced it. 😎

Edit: Craig was quicker on the draw there.
Sort out your *NoVoid-19 personal text SoS  ;)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #8043 on: May 5, 2020, 08:33:06 pm »
Now club doctors have written to the PL saying the return of football isn't safe.

They've outlined 100 questions and issues over returning to training.

Story by the Athletic.

Just seen the headline about that. All 20 club doctors have asked questions so that includes ours as well. From their point of view it’s completely understandable.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8044 on: May 5, 2020, 08:39:36 pm »

It would be absolutely glorious if we sealed it at Old Trafford and our players spent the entire afternoon just walking around the ground taking selfies with the trophy in front of the Stretford end and posting them on twatter. #thisonesforyougary

As for Gary "United will win another title before Liverpool do" Neville, let him wear his little pin badge. He's not fooling anyone. We all know he's dying on the inside now
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8045 on: May 5, 2020, 08:42:08 pm »
Dean Smith says Aston Villa are "ready and keen" to restart the season when it's "right to do so".

https://bbc.in/2zg3ZDL

I've never liked Villa or their fan base, and I doubt I ever will. But Dean Smith seems a good fella. He was great with our kids when they beat us in the league cup as well.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8046 on: May 5, 2020, 08:52:09 pm »
Guys please don’t talk about Gary Nevilles pin badge again, I threw my phone through the window last time I heard about it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8047 on: May 5, 2020, 08:53:42 pm »
Someone asked the Peterborough owner about the doctors saying its unsafe and this was his reply "I think if they are in opinion of not going back until its 100% safe; then they'll be soon to be former PL club medics as clubs will let all their staff go. True story."

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8048 on: May 5, 2020, 08:54:27 pm »
Someone asked the Peterborough owner about the doctors saying its unsafe and this was his reply "I think if they are in opinion of not going back until its 100% safe; then they'll be soon to be former PL club medics as clubs will let all their staff go. True story."

Have you got the source for this quote dimedan?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8049 on: May 5, 2020, 08:55:00 pm »
Have you got the source for this quote dimedan?
I've just quoted him. Mr Apple. I'll  screenshot it

« Last Edit: May 5, 2020, 09:08:55 pm by daindan »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8050 on: May 5, 2020, 09:11:01 pm »
Think they're the first team in the relegation battle that has come out in favor of resuming the season?
theyd have some ffp issues if they got relegated and wouldn’t get as much for grealish as they would three months ago

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8051 on: May 5, 2020, 09:26:26 pm »

If there was no football until a vaccine was available, there would be practically no clubs left let alone medic jobs.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8052 on: May 5, 2020, 09:30:01 pm »
If there was no football until a vaccine was available, there would be practically no clubs left let alone medic jobs.

How long would clubs have cash flow to pay their wage bill every month? Not very long for most clubs. Practically no time if they're having to pay back Sky for a voided season. THe only clubs that would survive going under would be clubs with cash reserves or clubs with sugar daddies who are willing to foot the bill.

This is not just about sport as it's going to be the reality for any business in the end. Either find a way to live with it, or fold. The lockdown was always about buying time.

I'm not looking forward to going back to my office which is a germ factory at the best of times, but i'd rather get on with it when the time comes than be one of the millions applying for universal credit.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2020, 09:36:32 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #8053 on: May 5, 2020, 09:34:13 pm »
A pin badge :lmao

Carra should wear a European, Super, World, Premier League Champions badge. Trouble is, it would be have to be more of a rosette size to fit that lot on it!

Meanwhile Gary’s got his ickle asterisk pinny :lmao

Bless.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8054 on: May 5, 2020, 09:37:59 pm »

The doctors can suggest what they want. If the government and clubs want it, its happening.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8055 on: May 5, 2020, 09:45:18 pm »
Restarting sport in Britain would "lift the spirits of the nation", says foreign secretary Dominic Raab.
Always looked at that Dom Raab fella and thought, “what a great lad”  :P ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8056 on: May 5, 2020, 09:47:43 pm »

Broken clocks and all that ;D

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8057 on: May 5, 2020, 09:50:12 pm »

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #8058 on: May 5, 2020, 09:52:12 pm »
Just seen the headline about that. All 20 club doctors have asked questions so that includes ours as well. From their point of view it’s completely understandable.

It is understandable. It's just one in a myriad of problems right now.

But if the PL can put forward a solid case that safety can be assured through continued testing they'll understand. People using public transport, sitting in offices, etc won't have the luxury of being tested frequently.
YWNA

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8059 on: May 5, 2020, 09:58:50 pm »
How long would clubs have cash flow to pay their wage bill every month?
steve parish who owns palace said August I think for most

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8060 on: May 5, 2020, 10:11:54 pm »
I wonder if some have realised that using a global catastrophe to get your sorry arse off the relegation hook is not a good look at all?

Villa are extremely confident that they will stay up.

Not surprised considering how scared West Ham and Brighton have been acting.

Yep.  From a purely psychological standpoint, the clubs bleating about voiding and no relegation clearly can't feel that confident of being able to beat the drop under their own steam.  They've inadvertently played into the hands of teams like Villa, who can now see they're mentally weak.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8061 on: May 5, 2020, 10:57:27 pm »
Once the season starts again and we wrap up the league, Rat boy will be all out of ideas wont he. No void, no cancellation, no asterix for him to cling to. The desperation is radiating off the poor fella at the minute. That dodgy looking picture that's always behind him when he's on TV will be getting smashed to pieces

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8062 on: May 5, 2020, 11:02:05 pm »
neville should be sacked imo. he is the most unprofessional biased c*nt you could ever come across. At least Carragher makes some effort to be fair. Neville lets his emotions get the better of him all the time.

also, did someone mention that sky would prefer the season to end as they will lose more money if it resumes?  if so, then their needs to be concerted effort by fans of all clubs fucked over by that scenario to boycott them. that will soon finish them

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8063 on: May 5, 2020, 11:06:09 pm »
Broadcasters actually would like it to go ahead mate.  ;D

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8064 on: May 5, 2020, 11:09:01 pm »
neville should be sacked imo. he is the most unprofessional biased c*nt you could ever come across. At least Carragher makes some effort to be fair. Neville lets his emotions get the better of him all the time.

also, did someone mention that sky would prefer the season to end as they will lose more money if it resumes?  if so, then their needs to be concerted effort by fans of all clubs fucked over by that scenario to boycott them. that will soon finish them

What did he say? He's emotional but so is Carra. I don't think he lets it get in the way of job as a commentator and pundit. Carra has given us much stick lately than Neville recently but he is at the stage of his career where he is over compensating because he is a Liverpool fan. Neville admitted himself he went through this stage himself. Although Neville is a Manc, he has given us our dues and acknowledges we're the best team in the world and deserve everything coming to us.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8065 on: May 5, 2020, 11:09:35 pm »
Once the season starts again and we wrap up the league, Rat boy will be all out of ideas wont he. No void, no cancellation, no asterix for him to cling to. The desperation is radiating off the poor fella at the minute. That dodgy looking picture that's always behind him when he's on TV will be getting smashed to pieces

He’ll probably get a wrist band that says United 20 or something

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #8066 on: May 5, 2020, 11:24:07 pm »
He’ll probably get a wrist band that says United 20 or something
Maybe we'll have to get him to tell us where he'll buy it from, we may need a similar wristband next year!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8067 on: May 5, 2020, 11:57:23 pm »
I'm assuming by the way that Mr Moral High Ground Neville won't be taking his commentary seat or subsequent pay packet from Sky if/when the season resumes?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8068 on: May 6, 2020, 12:51:40 am »
Guys please don’t talk about Gary Nevilles p...
I started getting excited at this point.

What a let down
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8069 on: May 6, 2020, 12:52:38 am »
He's never heard of Dover Athletic, though
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8070 on: May 6, 2020, 01:49:16 am »
Sort out your *NoVoid-19 personal text SoS  ;)

*Sorted.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8071 on: May 6, 2020, 01:57:34 am »
I'm assuming by the way that Mr Moral High Ground Neville won't be taking his commentary seat or subsequent pay packet from Sky if/when the season resumes?

Well he can't, can he? He's already been extremely vocal about how unsafe it is, so he's surely going to stand by his principles and stay well away from football until a vaccine is rolled out.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8072 on: May 6, 2020, 02:10:09 am »
Yep.  From a purely psychological standpoint, the clubs bleating about voiding and no relegation clearly can't feel that confident of being able to beat the drop under their own steam.  They've inadvertently played into the hands of teams like Villa, who can now see they're mentally weak.

A very good point there, RB. I imagine a relegation battle, just like a close title battle, can come down to mental strength as much as physical ability.

It's clear from the posturing of clubs which ones currently have the more fragile mentalities. Those with yellow bellies have really outed themselves and, when football starts up again, the hardier, more self-assured down at the bottom end could relish picking them off, particularly if they have to play each other in the run-in.

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
« Reply #8073 on: May 6, 2020, 02:46:40 am »
A very good point there, RB. I imagine a relegation battle, just like a close title battle, can come down to mental strength as much as physical ability.

It's clear from the posturing of clubs which ones currently have the more fragile mentalities. Those with yellow bellies have really outed themselves and, when football starts up again, the hardier, more self-assured down at the bottom end could relish picking them off, particularly if they have to play each other in the run-in.
if we actually get to the point where we have the final gameweek left to play, West Ham vs A. Villa winner stays up would be pretty tasty

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8074 on: May 6, 2020, 03:32:30 am »
Well he can't, can he? He's already been extremely vocal about how unsafe it is, so he's surely going to stand by his principles and stay well away from football until a vaccine is rolled out.

And when he doesn't, which he clearly won't, I hope every single person on the internet floods Sky and his twitter the two faced, slimey, agenda ridden little prick.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8075 on: May 6, 2020, 06:19:53 am »

Aye Neville also suffers from the same problem that any / guy girl who talks incessantly faces - creating too many potential targets. It's not like all the talking's made him a great tactician either, that actually requires shutting up, picking a quiet spot and just thinking, examining, building things mentally. Made it as a footballer in the age of big money, the money's plenty of capital to go into real estate, is an 'investor' these days, talks about football for more money but doesn't have the balls to risk it again on the pitch after Valencia where the only reality in football exists. Might want to look himself in the mirror and place himself better in the grand scheme of things instead of acting like some representative voice, just a mouthy ex-pro with decent money management skills. These guys are boring man, you have people who work, learn and master different fields, working environments, cultures, languages, countries; far more useful to listen to and these boring c*nts get the spotlight.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2020, 06:22:57 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8076 on: May 6, 2020, 07:22:50 am »
if we actually get to the point where we have the final gameweek left to play, West Ham vs A. Villa winner stays up would be pretty tasty

Would be lively. There’d be claret everywhere.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #8077 on: May 6, 2020, 08:08:16 am »
Would be lively. There’d be claret everywhere.
thatthingyoudidthereisawit

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #8078 on: May 6, 2020, 08:10:06 am »
neville should be sacked imo.
But....but.....but ....but he speaks for so many Mancunians Londoners........

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8079 on: May 6, 2020, 08:15:14 am »

I mean to be fair it’s been pretty clear all season that’s West Ham have got mental frailties.