Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458513 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wuhan Coronavirus
« Reply #760 on: February 29, 2020, 09:06:49 am »
Wonder why Italy and Iran have had such a significantly high amount of cases?

Infection in Italy began with infected travellers from China, and given incubation period the virus had the opportunity to spread.  Not sure about Iran but may be the same. Could’ve happened anywhere really given the extent of international travel.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: February 29, 2020, 09:09:40 am »
3 more cases in USA and crucially they dont know who patient zero is. So much for your miracle, Trump.

Not sure if connected, but couldn’t believe reports that USA staff meeting those coming off the repatriation flights had no training or PPE. 

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: February 29, 2020, 09:19:46 am »
I hope people here in the UK don't start panic buying like they are in other places such as Hong Kong, Japan and Italy.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: February 29, 2020, 09:20:18 am »
I hope people here in the UK don't start panic buying like they are in other places such as Hong Kong, Japan and Italy.

To be fair those countries you can understand.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #764 on: February 29, 2020, 09:25:49 am »

It 100% will happen.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: February 29, 2020, 09:27:04 am »
Fuck me, this is mad.

Look at those people just throwing their hands in the rice   :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcefK-eH48

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: February 29, 2020, 09:29:59 am »
It 100% will happen.
Yeah well it's okay for the vast majority stocking up on tins of processed stuff but what about me?   I can't hoard 6 months worth of banana's, tomatoes and apples can I.

I might as well kiss my arse goodbye now then   :(

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: February 29, 2020, 09:33:49 am »

Man United have been panic buying for years to be fair.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #768 on: February 29, 2020, 09:34:13 am »
When you sneeze the spray can travel quite a distance so the more wearing masks the better as far as I'm concerned.
The craziest contrary bit of advice is to sneeze into a tissue and then bin it. If you don’t have a tissue use your sleeve...
So people are walking around with infected clothing? I’m glad I don’t have to get on a Northern train to go to work, cue the Greensleeves jokes.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #769 on: February 29, 2020, 09:35:06 am »
Not sure if connected, but couldn’t believe reports that USA staff meeting those coming off the repatriation flights had no training or PPE.
Greeters.
Like at Walmart.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #770 on: February 29, 2020, 09:37:57 am »
I think this panic buying thing is only happening in towns really near to quarentined areas, it’s definitely being overblown by the media.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #771 on: February 29, 2020, 09:38:17 am »
The craziest contrary bit of advice is to sneeze into a tissue and then bin it. If you don’t have a tissue use your sleeve...
So people are walking around with infected clothing? I’m glad I don’t have to get on a Northern train to go to work, cue the Greensleeves jokes.

It’s 100% better than sneezing into your hand then touching shit, or just into the air.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #772 on: February 29, 2020, 09:39:22 am »
Another English person has contracted the virus and crucially its been passed on by someone else locally.

This fits in with what the Italian scientists believe - that the virus was circulating in the areas affected for weeks without it being evident.
If true, it is about to get much worse.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: February 29, 2020, 09:40:33 am »
Fuck me, this is mad.

Like a scene from some disaster film. Surreal really.

Not familiar at all with what those ‘wet markets’ (Where said virus reportedly originated from) are like but after this is over you’d expect China to adopt much more stringent controls beyond what went on in these markets.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #774 on: February 29, 2020, 09:40:33 am »
It’s 100% better than sneezing into your hand then touching shit, or just into the air.
It is mate but the thought of snotty sleeves takes me back to junior school, there were kids who were walking Petri dishes.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #775 on: February 29, 2020, 09:43:01 am »
It is mate but the thought of snotty sleeves takes me back to junior school, there were kids who were walking Petri dishes.

Oh definitely. We had black jumpers and were kids who used to have snail trails up the sleeves from constantly wiping their nose along them  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #776 on: February 29, 2020, 09:45:13 am »
Around 3000 cases in South Korea, only 17 deaths so far.

Much lower than in China.  Now it could just be early days, it could be that they are diagnosing less serious cases correctly.

But maybe there could be a couple of other things...? 

Better health care giving a significantly lower death rate?
Viral mutation making it less deadly?
Lower smoking rates in South Korea?

Too early of course but interesting to speculate
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #777 on: February 29, 2020, 09:55:08 am »

Much lower than in China.  Now it could just be early days, it could be that they are diagnosing less serious cases correctly.

Could it be due to the age of those being infected and general health of those?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #778 on: February 29, 2020, 10:01:47 am »
Oh definitely. We had black jumpers and were kids who used to have snail trails up the sleeves from constantly wiping their nose along them  ;D
There was one kid with a green quiff. 🤣

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: February 29, 2020, 10:07:47 am »

Could also be down to early testing and publishing of numbers. Many of the thousands tested could still die.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: February 29, 2020, 10:09:38 am »
When the cases start to hit the hundreds in the US watch out for some serious travel restrictions as they react in a manner no other country does. Even posting stuff to the States now is difficult as they have introduced new regulations / processes that had the staff in the local post office pulling their hair out over Christmas. In regards to the virus was mentioning to Mum the other day all a terrorist has to do now is get infected by the bug and board the next plane to the UK or the States.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: February 29, 2020, 10:10:03 am »
Fuck me, this is mad.

Humans are fucking vile
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: February 29, 2020, 10:10:05 am »
When you were a kid did your Ma ever get a hankie, spit on it then rub your face with it?     ::)

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #783 on: February 29, 2020, 10:11:40 am »
When the cases start to hit the hundreds in the US watch out for some serious travel restrictions as they react in a manner no other country does. Even posting stuff to the States now is difficult as they have introduced new regulations / processes that had the staff in the local post office pulling their hair out over Christmas. In regards to the virus was mentioning to Mum the other day all a terrorist has to do now is get infected by the bug and board the next plane to the UK or the States.

That’s no different to previously though, have been plenty of things they could have been infected with if they wanted to do that.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #784 on: February 29, 2020, 10:16:42 am »
When you were a kid did your Ma ever get a hankie, spit on it then rub your face with it?     ::)
To get the dirty soot spots off, meanwhile your lungs were full of crap from all the coal fire fumes and ciggy smoke.

Mind you, my gran used to advocate standing over a tarmac layers brazier and breathing in the fumes as a cure for bronchitis. Mad

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #785 on: February 29, 2020, 10:21:09 am »

Not just when I was a kid.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #786 on: February 29, 2020, 10:30:28 am »
A friend of mine works for the NHS. They were absolutely devastated when Brexit happened due to the struggle they already face in making sure that they have the right levels of staff across the NHS. They also used to bemoan how difficult it would be getting the right levels of drugs in the UK after brexit. In truth I probably didn't take a great deal of notice as I just took it as someone moaning about their job and we all do that (and they do it a lot).

Anyway I digress - they were around this morning talking about Coronavirus and said that the professionals they are working with are deeply concerned (obviously it is their job to be). They have categorised it by age in the UK. Over 75 is basically very little chance of survival (95% death rate). Adutls under 35 they can stay at home and likely survive (95%). The group in between is the problem bunch. The closer to 75 the less chance and the closer to 35 more chance and could they cope with that level of patients. I presume this is the way they have to look at it.

Also they were not really antcipating the breakout in Italy. Took them by surprise (personally not sure why but maybe they thought it would lose its strength???)

So shit could get real - if what they say is true and the virus took hold in the UK that would pretty much wipe out the older generation of my family (parents, aunts, uncles).

Like I said they work in the profession where they are required to worry about stuff like this but not the sort of shit you want to be hearing on a Saturday morning. Anyway to lessen the load on me I thought I would share it with rawk.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 10:35:13 am by Fruity »
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: February 29, 2020, 10:33:52 am »
95% death rate amongst over 75’s seems exceptionally high. Is there anything to suggest that is the case?

But if that did happen then we should push for rejoining of the EU referendum.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #788 on: February 29, 2020, 10:39:49 am »
95% death rate amongst over 75’s seems exceptionally high. Is there anything to suggest that is the case?
The Tories stated desire to avoid having to pay for the “ageing population” of “economically inactive people” springs to mind. ???

Seriously though, the evidence in China seems to point to the outcome being far worse for older people. The cruise ship deaths wold also point to this. (Assuming that a large number of the passengers were of more senior years) and the British man who died in that ship outbreak was 75 apparently.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #789 on: February 29, 2020, 10:40:37 am »

Like I said they have to produce a level of staff/meds to make sure the NHS is coping (which they say at the best of times is an impossible task - they absolutely detest the tories). Not sure if that would be their worse case scenario or not. Didn't explain it like that. Just said that's how they categorise it currently. By the sounds of it - I didn't get the feeling that there was any real plan in place and currently they could not cope with a wuhan style breakout in London
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 10:43:37 am by Fruity »
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: February 29, 2020, 10:43:59 am »
Like I said they have to produce a level of staff/meds to make sure the NHS is coping (which she says at the best of times is an impossible task - she absolutely detests the tories). Not sure if that would be their worse case scenario or not. Didn't explain it like that. Just said that's how they categorise it currently. By the sounds of it - I didn't get the feeling that there was any real plan in place and currently they could not cope with a wuhan style breakout in London

The only country that could deal with a breakout like in Wuhan was the Chinese. Its almost unfair to use that as a yardstick.

One thing I have found interesting is the sheer unwillingness for many in the UK to accept a curtailing of their way of life. Even now newspaper editors and columnists who come on the news think its a fuss over nothing.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #791 on: February 29, 2020, 10:47:29 am »
South Korea is really struggling to contain this. It seems like there are hundreds of new cases being reported every day.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #792 on: February 29, 2020, 10:48:46 am »
3 more cases in USA and crucially they dont know who patient zero is. So much for your miracle, Trump.

Given the costs of just seeing a doctor in the States, I could see under reporting being a real issue there, if people are unwilling/unable to shell out to visit doctors/hospitals

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: February 29, 2020, 10:49:01 am »

;D

Here's another win:

One of the deadliest epidemics in decades has dented energy demand and industrial output in China, cutting carbon dioxide emissions by about 100 million metric tons—close to what Chile emits in a year.

A new analysis by the climate nonprofit Carbon Brief found that the widespread impact of the virus—including travel restrictions, longer holidays, and lower economic activity—means that neither has recovered from the usual lull around the Chinese New Year, a roughly two-week festival that began this year on January 25.

The report looked at emissions during the two-week period beginning 10 days after the start of the festival and compared that to the same period for each of the previous five years. Over that period in 2019, China emitted 400 million metric tons of carbon dioxide; this year’s figure is likely closer to 300 million metric tons.

https://time.com/5786634/coronavirus-carbon-emissions-china/

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #794 on: February 29, 2020, 10:49:04 am »

Chinese had it as 8% mortality rate among over 70s, 3.6% for over 60s, 1.3% for 50s, 0.4% for 40s and which fell to 0.2% among the under 40s. Averaged out to 2.3% but seems more likely they'd missed cases and it's half that.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: February 29, 2020, 10:49:33 am »

I don’t think it’s that much, certainly not 95%. But older and weaker of constitution certainly will struggle with it. The end result of COVID-19 is pneumonia, which among other things curtails the function of your lungs severely.. It seems to vary widely in terms of how it manifests itself in severity, but people who are already weakened due to sickness or age, especially those with heart issues or generally weaker immune systems, will suffer the most.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: February 29, 2020, 10:53:46 am »

One of the most apparent things I’ve noticed this winter here is that hardly anyone has caught the regular flu. Everyone seems to be healthier, probably because people are taking care of themselves better. More people are watching their hygiene, getting their vitamins, and generally eating healthier because more people are eating at home instead of at restaurants.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #797 on: February 29, 2020, 10:57:27 am »
The only country that could deal with a breakout like in Wuhan was the Chinese. Its almost unfair to use that as a yardstick.

One thing I have found interesting is the sheer unwillingness for many in the UK to accept a curtailing of their way of life. Even now newspaper editors and columnists who come on the news think its a fuss over nothing.
I've noticed a general pattern of strange responses online. At least on some of the sites I visit. If you express any kind of genuine concern about the virus and it's ramifications, you're labelled as some delusional conspiracy theorist getting worked into a frenzy. Some people seem to take pride in dismissing it as nothing.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #798 on: February 29, 2020, 11:15:15 am »
I've noticed a general pattern of strange responses online. At least on some of the sites I visit. If you express any kind of genuine concern about the virus and it's ramifications, you're labelled as some delusional conspiracy theorist getting worked into a frenzy. Some people seem to take pride in dismissing it as nothing.

That is partly due to the irresponsible way the media and social media are dealing with it though. I have stopped reading newspapers and listening to the news now. People need to be responsible in how they report subjects like this, but common sense just seems to go out of the window. Then it gets repeated on social media and everything is out of control as a result. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #799 on: February 29, 2020, 11:19:31 am »
If travel restrictions put in place around the world then tourism will suffer. Media over reacting as usual.

My parents are thinking of cancelling their holiday to Greece.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.