Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3278120 times)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #12880 on: January 17, 2021, 07:48:53 pm »
My mate once trained his dog to fall over every time he'd whistle. Man Utd have trained their refs to whistle every time they fall over.
Haha!
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12881 on: January 17, 2021, 07:54:51 pm »
How many good runs have United gone on whilst Ole's been in charge? Quite a few if my memory serves me right. & they've always come unstuck with a lengthy poor run afterwards. Why will this be any different ? They still lack a strong mentality & they'll never have it whilst the Norwegian garden gnome is in charge.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12882 on: January 17, 2021, 07:59:11 pm »
My mate once trained his dog to fall over every time he'd whistle. Man Utd have trained their refs to whistle every time they fall over.

That bit at the start of the second half where Maguire was “shielding” the ball from Salah.  He had no interest in the ball, he just kept backing into to Mo, who kept moving out of the way, until Maguire felt a touch and then fell over.  He was about 6 yards away from the ball at that point, and right in front of the lino. Who, in a rational sport, would have done Maguire for obstruction but instead says he’s been fouled and flags for a free kick.

It’s just incredible what this game has become.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #12883 on: January 17, 2021, 08:00:54 pm »

Mad, isn't it? I said it in the post-match thread but Maguire was the highlight for me. He fell over a few times when one of our lads even went close to him. I mean literally fell over, no contact, just two players going for the ball. He's 6'4, weighs god knows what and just fell to the floor and looked at the ref as if to say 'blow your whistle' and the referee of course obliged.

It knocks me fucking sick, it really does.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12884 on: January 17, 2021, 08:05:18 pm »
Shaw was good at going to ground, too.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #12885 on: January 17, 2021, 08:06:47 pm »
That bit at the start of the second half where Maguire was “shielding” the ball from Salah.  He had no interest in the ball, he just kept backing into to Mo, who kept moving out of the way, until Maguire felt a touch and then fell over.  He was about 6 yards away from the ball at that point, and right in front of the lino. Who, in a rational sport, would have done Maguire for obstruction but instead says he’s been fouled and flags for a free kick.

He didn't feel a touch, he pulled Mo down. Should have been a free kick to us.

https://twitter.com/MattHalliburton/status/1350860448309112836

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12886 on: January 17, 2021, 09:00:56 pm »
Fernandes is so overrated it's laughable.
Think it’s the first time I’ve watched him for 90 minutes. Yernited sides of the past have to come Anfield with some quality players and when they get the ball, you can sense the crowd get nervous; Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney to name but three. The way people go on about this fella you’d think it would be a similar fear. No, not a thing, looks a very ordinary player.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12887 on: January 17, 2021, 09:21:03 pm »
Fernandes is a petulant little fucker isnt he. i bet his team mates loves him.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12888 on: January 17, 2021, 09:26:07 pm »

I bet they hide their cheese when he's around though.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12889 on: January 17, 2021, 09:27:13 pm »
These are fucking shite, and just lucky that they played us while we are in our slump otherwise they'd have been obliterated on that performance.

Won't stop loads of supposed Liverpool fans coming to this thread and batting their eyelids at them like they're loves young dream and demanding "we give them credit".
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12890 on: January 17, 2021, 09:27:40 pm »

Suarez was the same and nobody minded

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12891 on: January 17, 2021, 09:28:56 pm »
if you're Solskjaer you cant be happy with a player like Fernandes. has made a show of him on a couple of occasions. extremely disrespectful.

i wonder would they get rid if a decent offer came in,

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12892 on: January 17, 2021, 09:31:14 pm »
And here we go. Demanding fair and equal treatment of Man Utd players on a Liverpool forum. Fuck's sake.

And anyway, Suarez was fucking boss, so he could be as petulent as he wanted - unlike this tit
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #12893 on: January 17, 2021, 09:42:08 pm »
These are fucking shite, and just lucky that they played us while we are in our slump otherwise they'd have been obliterated on that performance.

Won't stop loads of supposed Liverpool fans coming to this thread and batting their eyelids at them like they're loves young dream and demanding "we give them credit".

This all day. We are going through a bad time and at our worst we are as good as United at their best.

They raised their game, even Pogba looked okay for 15 minutes, and they were still shit at best.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12894 on: January 17, 2021, 09:43:01 pm »

Suarez was arguably the best player in the world in 13/14 and was coveted by big sides across Europe, this fella isn't on a par with him
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12895 on: January 17, 2021, 09:57:17 pm »

That was just ridiculous. The commentator said something like "that's a difficult one to sort out" like it was a proper six of one, half a dozen of the other situation. Maguire literally looked round at Mo, stood still and pulled him down with him. Right in front of the lino.

Martial did a mad one on Shaq later too, a kind of Kane move where he just piled over the top of him. Free kick to Martial of course. Shaq just looked completely bemused by it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12896 on: January 17, 2021, 10:11:47 pm »
Absolute cheats this lot. As bad as any side I've seen for being desperate to go to ground and initiate contact etc. No wonder they get fucked about in europe when the referees aren't all from within a half hour radius of their ground.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12897 on: January 17, 2021, 10:27:57 pm »
Absolute cheats this lot. As bad as any side I've seen for being desperate to go to ground and initiate contact etc. No wonder they get fucked about in europe when the referees aren't all from within a half hour radius of their ground.

Tin hat stuff that, Wigan is 38 mins from Manchester in clear traffic according to Google maps, must take Paul Tierney at least 50 mins to get to Old Trafford on a busy day and probably 8 hours to get to the Etihad going on how bad the traffic is up that way

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #12898 on: January 17, 2021, 10:31:12 pm »
Dog of a team, saw no difference between their performance today or West Brom's a few weeks ago.

I texted a couple of mates at half time that we were playing an expensive West Brom
Believer

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12899 on: January 17, 2021, 10:55:24 pm »
And here we go. Demanding fair and equal treatment of Man Utd players on a Liverpool forum. Fuck's sake.

And anyway, Suarez was fucking boss, so he could be as petulent as he wanted - unlike this tit

You're tiresome

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12900 on: January 17, 2021, 11:02:55 pm »

He's a gobshite. And it's mind blowing how overrated he is. Of any player of ours through the years that I'd compare him to, Luis Garcia is the one that comes to mind: Often doesn't touch the ball for 20 minutes at a time. When he does get it he constantly tries something, 9 times out of 10 he doesn't pull it off and wastes possession in an infuriating way. The differences are that Neville and Tyler absolutely explode in their pants the 1 time in 10 this guy does get it right. And of course the fact that he scores 30 penalties a season.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12901 on: January 17, 2021, 11:04:01 pm »
You're tiresome
Poor Bruno, he just doesn't get enough credit here, despicable cads that we are. How tiresome for you...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12902 on: January 17, 2021, 11:06:27 pm »

This thread is full of weirdos  :lickin
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12903 on: January 17, 2021, 11:12:07 pm »

This thread is full of weirdos  :lickin
The just want fair treatment for poor, put-upon Manchester United who just don't get any credit and no decent press anywhere; surely it's not too much to ask that this Liverpool forum could put a smile on their little faces by singing their praises? It's what being a Liverpool forum is all about, surely...?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12904 on: January 17, 2021, 11:14:06 pm »
Martial did a mad one on Shaq later too, a kind of Kane move where he just piled over the top of him. Free kick to Martial of course. Shaq just looked completely bemused by it.

Infuriating.  Kane backs into players who are in the air and fouls them, he gets the free kick.

Shaqiri stands his ground and is climbed over, gets penalised.

I don’t understand this game anymore.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12905 on: January 17, 2021, 11:19:22 pm »
Did Fernandes play today?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12906 on: January 17, 2021, 11:22:07 pm »

not sure i saw Suarez undermining the manager in the middle of a game by telling what to do in full view of everyone or lambasting a team mate over a mistake he made himself.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12907 on: January 18, 2021, 12:00:45 am »
Did Fernandes play today?

Yeah. Even the Manc Ref Tierney told Bruno to shut his gob in the second half. So you know his whinging was bad.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12908 on: January 18, 2021, 06:49:21 am »
Poor Bruno, he just doesn't get enough credit here, despicable cads that we are. How tiresome for you...

Yeah it is tiresome. Same shit all the time from you.

You can't compute the idea that people can simultaneously think they're absolutely nothing special; that some of their players (yes Bruno, check my last post) are horrendously overrated; that their manager is a blert and is making it up as he goes along; that theyve had ridiculous luck with injuries and decisions; but yet at the same time despite all that they might have a shot at this weird league where no one is really any good.

This thread is brillant when we can truly come on and laugh at them being shit and failing, we've had 7 seasons of that and it's been brilliant. But you trying to force that idea of taking the piss when they're on their best run of results for 8 years rings hollow. As does slaughtering anyone who even countenances the idea that they might have some chance (even an outside one) of winning the league.

Why don't you just shut up and let people discuss what they want.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12909 on: January 18, 2021, 07:07:43 am »

You can't compute the idea that people can simultaneously think they're absolutely nothing special; that some of their players (yes Bruno, check my last post) are horrendously overrated; that their manager is a blert and is making it up as he goes along; that theyve had ridiculous luck with injuries and decisions; but yet at the same time despite all that they might have a shot at this weird league where no one is really any good.

This thread is brillant when we can truly come on and laugh at them being shit and failing, we've had 7 seasons of that and it's been brilliant. But you trying to force that idea of taking the piss when they're on their best run of results for 8 years rings hollow. As does slaughtering anyone who even countenances the idea that they might have some chance (even an outside one) of winning the league.

If you want a fair, unbiased, even-handed discussion about Manchester United, then maybe - and stop me if this is a little too hard for you - but maybe a Liverpool forum is not the place to look for it? Just as fair, unbiased discussion about Liverpool will not be found on Utd forums. I appreciate that this might be a shocking revelation to you, that it may have turned your world upside down, but I assure you that we're all here to help you cope with it.  8)

And once again, because the placard-carrying, 'We Shall Overcome'-singing Free Speech brigade never seem to understand it...No-one is stopping you from saying whatever you want (apart from the Mods, of course, who have a job to do). It doesn't require me to 'shut up' for you to have your say. I have zero power to circumscribe your witterings. Though I have full right to respond, within the rules of the forum.

Go for it, do your worst. Big-up and celebrate our fierce rivals as much as you want; laud their magnificence and wallow in their 'best run of results for 8 years' till the cows come home.

Just don't be surprised if it attracts a bit of derision...that's how free speech works: you say what you want, others can respond. You not liking that respnse is irrelevent (as long as it's within the rules)

But that's no good, is it, because what you really mean is that you want to be able to glorify and lionise this club's fiercest, most successful rivals on our own forum without anyone raising an eyebrow or saying anything...Is that really going to happen?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 08:03:45 am by Ghost Town »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12910 on: January 18, 2021, 07:28:30 am »

There is a serious United thread... but it ain't this one. Find the fucking thing and discuss to your hearts content
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12911 on: January 18, 2021, 07:55:21 am »
We had Hendo and Fabinho at the back and the "Premier League champions" couldn't score. They are awful and cowardly. They definitely won't win the league.

This is their best chance in a decade and they'll bottle it. Man utd fans, why can't you win the league and champions league like Liverpool ?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12912 on: January 18, 2021, 08:24:56 am »
Crazy that they didn't get a yellow card until 94th min. I guess the ref thought it would look obvious so in the very last second showed a yellow for Rashford.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12913 on: January 18, 2021, 08:31:20 am »

You are aware that this is the Man Utd piss take thread right? You won't get anything but pisstaking in here.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12914 on: January 18, 2021, 08:33:13 am »
We had Hendo and Fabinho at the back and the "Premier League champions" couldn't score. They are awful and cowardly. They definitely won't win the league.

This is their best chance in a decade and they'll bottle it. Man utd fans, why can't you win the league and champions league like Liverpool ?

It doesn’t really matter if they’re on top of us, the draw was a good result for them not us.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12915 on: January 18, 2021, 08:38:04 am »
if you're Solskjaer you cant be happy with a player like Fernandes. has made a show of him on a couple of occasions. extremely disrespectful.

i wonder would they get rid if a decent offer came in,
I disagree, twat upgraded them immediately. They were around 8-10th in the league if he wasn't playing for them. He is a dirty cheat and a diver rat but still he offers more than any other player they have. They had their best chances with his 2 shots yesterday.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12916 on: January 18, 2021, 08:44:27 am »
I disagree, twat upgraded them immediately. They were around 8-10th in the league if he wasn't playing for them. He is a dirty cheat and a diver rat but still he offers more than any other player they have. They had their best chances with his 2 shots yesterday.

You can see that he is vital to them, take him out of the game and they fully revert. He's not the player the media will try to tell us he is, but he is their best player and makes them tick.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12917 on: January 18, 2021, 08:50:47 am »
You can see that he is vital to them, take him out of the game and they fully revert. He's not the player the media will try to tell us he is, but he is their best player and makes them tick.
Exactly. We can make fun of him scoring most goals as his weird looking penalties and majority of them are being undeserved but i think he has scored most goals as a midfielder in the league even without penalties. He makes Rashford and Martial click. Imagine where they were in the league if Lingard was playing instead of him. I am 100% sure Solskjer was long gone if he didn't have this rat faced Portugese.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #12918 on: January 18, 2021, 09:20:38 am »
They're going to end up above us. It's all fingers crossed for city now.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12919 on: January 18, 2021, 09:22:04 am »
Exactly. We can make fun of him scoring most goals as his weird looking penalties and majority of them are being undeserved but i think he has scored most goals as a midfielder in the league even without penalties. He makes Rashford and Martial click. Imagine where they were in the league if Lingard was playing instead of him. I am 100% sure Solskjer was long gone if he didn't have this rat faced Portugese.

19 goals in 32 games, 14 assists, hell of a return. 9 penalties though does inflate these figure a lot and he still wouldn't get into ours or Citys team