Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 878516 times)

Online jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Winning Title #19*
« Reply #12640 on: June 30, 2020, 09:05:02 PM »
When is the trophy presented, anyone know.........v Chelsea ?

Chelsea have an FA Cup game. According to Pearce when he asked the FA the belief is it could be the home game before, though it’s still to be confirmed.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register.
  • Believer
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #12641 on: June 30, 2020, 09:05:44 PM »
Hi, newbie here.

I've seen Liverpool win it a few times in the 80s and it felt run of the mill at the time. Now, after 30 years, I just feel a sense of relief. But I have been watsapping all my 20 and 30 something year old footy mates asking them to describe the feeling so I can really soak it in. And their responses made me want to cry. Phenomenal times.  :scarf

Welcome to the fold.

Although I have to say it's a bit fucking shit to come on here and tell us you've had friends sharing with you their feelings on winning no 19 and not sharing even one of their responses with us.

Tsk.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #12642 on: June 30, 2020, 09:08:11 PM »
Yep, because of the sleeve sponsors we now have in the PL too, which we don't have in the CL, with the CL kits we'll have the LFC style printing for name/number, were as the PL shirt, i think you have the choice for PL version or LFC version printing for name/number.

Yes, but the CWC patch goes on the chest.  It would have been nice for us to wear it in our first game as English Champions.  Our next opportunity to display it wont come until next season's League Cup!

That's stupid of the PL. The Champions of your league also being European, European Super Cup and CWC holders is a great big fuck you our league is the best statement. They should be crowing about it, not hiding it :butt

Yep!
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #12643 on: June 30, 2020, 09:10:30 PM »
Does this make us the Corvid-19/20 champions?

Whoops! ;D
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Believer
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #12644 on: June 30, 2020, 09:14:22 PM »
Does this make us the Corvid-19/20 champions?
Raven lunatic!
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #12645 on: June 30, 2020, 09:17:23 PM »
It's completely stupid, like Forest can have 2 stars on their shirts for there european cup wins in the EFL, but we cant have stars on ours in the PL.

Clubs can add stars to their badges for various reasons.

Yeovil have four stars for five seasons in the top four tires,

Villa have one for their European Cup

Bury have one each for their 2 FA Cup wins in 1900 and 1903

Huddersfield have three for winning the league in three seasons - 1924, 1925, 1926

Ipswich have three for their league in 1962, FA Cup in 1978 and UEFA Cup in 1981

Forest as you say for two European Cups

Notts County have one to commemorate 120 years since their 1893-4 FA Cup win...

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-nottingham-forest-stars-90206

We could have 40+ stars for all of our trophies but unlike all of the above, we are not living on past glories or small clubs celebrating minor successes.

I subscribe to the Ronnie Moran school of thought. Never mind what we've won in the past, it's the next trophy that matters.

In all the papers I read at the weekend one article talked about some of the changes they have made at the club, and one was to take down all the photos of past Liverpool teams with trophies and replace it with the pictures of the trophies to be won in the future.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12646 on: June 30, 2020, 09:25:21 PM »
I agree with Alan mostly. The only time I wouldn't mind stars on a kit is in European matches. So next season our European kits have six stars above the liverbird.  :D

Offline PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #12647 on: June 30, 2020, 09:38:15 PM »
Yeah. Don't mind a badge to show you are reigning champions. That said we'd need Luke Shaw's kit to fit our collection on.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline 24∗7

• https://soulbearing.home.blog/
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Loves to check his log!
    • 'Soul Bearing' - a very personal blog.
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #12648 on: June 30, 2020, 10:02:12 PM »
Dumb line from Danny Murphy. Not the brightest light in the harbour and extremely disrespectful to the Liverpool side. Personally I would ban him from Anfield for life.
Nah not having that. Bring him in and frog-march him into the museum past all the trophies he never won then force him to lace Van Dyk's boots on the pitch just before kick-off :wave
"Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom." - Rabindranath Tagore.

Online jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12649 on: June 30, 2020, 10:10:39 PM »
Nah not having that. Bring him in and frog-march him into the museum past all the trophies he never won then force him to lace Van Dyk's boots on the pitch just before kick-off :wave

That I would like to see, with Virgil looking down on him with contempt.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #12650 on: June 30, 2020, 10:15:58 PM »

I would pay money to see that.  He has to go down the entire line of players and tie their laces.

Knowing that bitter twunt he'd deliberately tie the laces together though...

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24∗7

• https://soulbearing.home.blog/
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Loves to check his log!
    • 'Soul Bearing' - a very personal blog.
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #12651 on: June 30, 2020, 10:48:38 PM »

I'd rather see Virgil paying no attention to him whatsoever - Murphy doesn't deserve his contempt and Virgil's bigger than that ;)
"Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom." - Rabindranath Tagore.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #12652 on: July 1, 2020, 01:36:35 AM »
Clubs can add stars to their badges for various reasons.

Yeovil have four stars for five seasons in the top four tires,

Villa have one for their European Cup

Bury have one each for their 2 FA Cup wins in 1900 and 1903

Huddersfield have three for winning the league in three seasons - 1924, 1925, 1926

Ipswich have three for their league in 1962, FA Cup in 1978 and UEFA Cup in 1981

Forest as you say for two European Cups

Notts County have one to commemorate 120 years since their 1893-4 FA Cup win...

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-nottingham-forest-stars-90206

We could have 40+ stars for all of our trophies but unlike all of the above, we are not living on past glories or small clubs celebrating minor successes.

I subscribe to the Ronnie Moran school of thought. Never mind what we've won in the past, it's the next trophy that matters.

In all the papers I read at the weekend one article talked about some of the changes they have made at the club, and one was to take down all the photos of past Liverpool teams with trophies and replace it with the pictures of the trophies to be won in the future.

Didn't Man City have stars on their kit a few years ago for decoration  ;D

Offline PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #12653 on: July 1, 2020, 06:58:40 AM »
I've paid no attention to the guard of honour idea until now. I think I saw kdb say we deserved it, and I'm sure there will be mixed feelings from the city players. Is it urban myth or did hard shoulder shitting tramp start it to motivate his players for next season?
I'd quite like to see something arranged by our squad when they take the guard and turn into something for the covid victims or the NHS or the 96. Maybe they could take the knee.whilst in the guard.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #12654 on: July 1, 2020, 09:23:54 AM »
I think the only City player who'll struggle with the Guard of Honour is Sterling.  ;D

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #12655 on: July 1, 2020, 10:00:24 AM »
Hadn't seen this.  ;D

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/LOuFO8_nG1w" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtube.com/v/LOuFO8_nG1w</a>

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12656 on: July 1, 2020, 10:11:49 AM »
Hodgson the owl cracks me up every time. Hadn’t seen Moyes before! :D

Online aw1991

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12657 on: July 1, 2020, 10:26:55 AM »
The Moyes bit had me in tears ;D

Offline Willy Poolman

• Kemlynite
  • You'll Never RAWK Alone
« Reply #12658 on: July 1, 2020, 11:32:44 AM »

Just think, another couple of seasons and we should be able to sew the US flag on our shirt ... that will make a few regular contributors very happy! Seriously, I think a simple Liver Bird badge is all that is needed to say "We Are Liverpool".

Offline Sangria

• Ally Machoist
  • Believer
« Reply #12659 on: July 1, 2020, 11:43:27 AM »
Hadn't seen this.  ;D

Call me spiteful, but I enjoyed "Bring me home".
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #12660 on: July 1, 2020, 12:19:42 PM »
Call me spiteful, but I enjoyed "Bring me home".

"I could have had a statue! A statuuuuuue!" 😭😭😭

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online Oskar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12661 on: July 1, 2020, 01:34:26 PM »
Neil Jones
@neiljonesgoal

Klopp: "We will not 'defend' the title next year, we will attack for the next one."

#LFC

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer