Author Topic: Philippe Coutinho  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Linudden

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Philippe Coutinho
« on: August 21, 2019, 09:52:41 PM »
Now on loan at Bayern München. That escalated quickly. It will be interesting to see what he can make of this. The buyout clause is fairly high after all, so will remain to be seen whether he can impress Bayern suitably enough to earn a permanent move or whether it'll be back to square one again next summer. At least he should be able to integrate quickly thanks to him learning English while here, and that works just fine in Germany.

As for me, I'm happy to see that he's not in England, not at Barca and will play in all-red since it suited him last time, maybe that's what he needs?  ;D

Anyway, after 1.5 years I think it's time to have such a thread. He gave us plenty of good after all and turned down other English clubs, seemingly because of his connection to Liverpool, so I can respect him for that. The 4-0 and the big ears definitely eases any tension too...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/keuVLEM944M" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/keuVLEM944M</a>

Top, top player, when he was at his peak at Liverpool.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:05:10 PM by Linudden »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
Re: Philippe Coutinho
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 10:31:33 PM »
Doubt Bayern have any big interest in signing him, hence the high buy-out that they won't be overly bothered by.

They'll be back in for Sane next year, and already working on a deal for Havertz, so even though they are rich, I can't see them spending what would likely end up being well over £300 mill for all 3. Although should Coutinho have a season that is so incredibly good, that could change a few things.

But what this is of course, is a great chance for Coutinho to get back on track. He should be a regular in the Bayern team soon, and he'll get the support there too, shouldn't have problems with the fans and media giving him shit I don't think!

I look forward to seeing him play again, and like you, glad he's not back in the prem!
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Linudden

• Believer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 10:39:14 PM »
Doubt Bayern have any big interest in signing him, hence the high buy-out that they won't be overly bothered by.

If he has a lukewarm season, they might get him cheaper next summer, who knows? The main thing Phil needs is trust. That being said, I think he'll still have plenty of suitors regardless next summer and possibly a few German medals in his trophy cabinet as well. It's a win-win for him.

For us, having van Dijk and Alisson in his place also was a win-win. Quality player but we got two for one luxury player there! Not to mention Fabinho also. I doubt all three of them would've been Liverpool players today had not Phil kicked up a fuss. All those three positions were crucial in winning the Champions League.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:52:37 PM by Linudden »

Offline kcbworth

• Believer
« Reply #3 on: September 2, 2019, 04:44:18 AM »
Shame we don't have a record of his performances at Barca on record here for posterity, as he did well for a while, but I think being signed at the same time as Dembele as well as coming in when Xavi and Neymar both disappeared, meant he shouldered a huge burden beyond what even those of us who loved Phil at LFC would expect was reasonable. So the writing was on the wall.

Any thoughts on how he'll fare in Germany?

I see he's replaced Muller in one game (on the hour mark) and then started in place of Muller in the next (subbed off for Muller on about the hour).

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #4 on: September 2, 2019, 04:08:28 PM »
Shame we don't have a record of his performances at Barca on record here for posterity, as he did well for a while, but I think being signed at the same time as Dembele as well as coming in when Xavi and Neymar both disappeared, meant he shouldered a huge burden beyond what even those of us who loved Phil at LFC would expect was reasonable. So the writing was on the wall.

Any thoughts on how he'll fare in Germany?

I see he's replaced Muller in one game (on the hour mark) and then started in place of Muller in the next (subbed off for Muller on about the hour).

Depends if they can figure out what his best position is, something coaches seem to be having an issue with since he left here!

Müller has been off the boil for a long time, so really, I can only see improvement for Bayern if the idea is he takes his place in the starting lineup somehow. Kovac had trouble integrating James to any good effect in the team last season, hopefully he won't have such trouble with Coutinho. Big season for him really, a chance to really get back on track.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5 on: September 2, 2019, 06:38:09 PM »
Depends if they can figure out what his best position is, something coaches seem to be having an issue with since he left here!

Müller has been off the boil for a long time, so really, I can only see improvement for Bayern if the idea is he takes his place in the starting lineup somehow. Kovac had trouble integrating James to any good effect in the team last season, hopefully he won't have such trouble with Coutinho. Big season for him really, a chance to really get back on track.

It's a huge season for him this one, if he doesn't get his career back up and running I don't even know where he goes from here. What a silly billy.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 11:43:50 AM »
Read this recent article on Coutinho’s views on Klopp and his recent move to Bayern Munich: http://sportwitness.co.uk/coutinho-makes-klopp-unique-wants-beat-liverpool-cl/

I’m so happy we did not resign him and I would not want him back at the club. He seems to have a lot of respect for Klopp  but I have my doubts whether he actually has respect for the club and supporters itself. He is a player that belongs to a different era when we had our struggles post Hicks and Gillete. I can only say that I’m grateful we got a top fee for him and reinvested those funds wisely in players that suit our system better. All is well that ends well ( thankfully for once).
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 05:13:36 PM »
He crossed that invisible threshold of being enough of an asshole for me to always have a nice schadenfreude jolt if anything goes bad for him.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 01:12:48 PM »
He crossed that invisible threshold of being enough of an asshole for me to always have a nice schadenfreude jolt if anything goes bad for him.

That’s funny 😂 you’ve probably encapsulated the thoughts of a lot of supporters
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• Believer
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 03:51:26 AM »
Hope his back doesn't play up again
Vote Labour