Author Topic: Lovren pt 2  (Read 10341 times)

Offline LiamG

• Believer
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: Lovren pt 2
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2019, 06:45:18 PM »
Never played more than 6 games in a row for us (gets injured) apparently??

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2019, 06:53:51 PM »
Never played more than 6 games in a row for us (gets injured) apparently??

That can't be right. He played every minute of our first 12 league games in 14/15, played 11 league games in a row (all minutes, bar one where he missed a half) in middle of 16/17, and also played all of the last 8 games of 16/17; played a run of 9 out of 10 league games (one on the bench) in 17/18. It's only last season and 15/16 where he played less than 6 games in a row due to injury. Otherwise, he was consistently picked when fit (until VVD arrived)
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Believer
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2019, 08:19:38 PM »

Strange player, when his head is tight and he's focused he is very good (on the verge of world class) but he's equally as likely to have a spell where he just loses time

Never ever gave less than 100% and will have a good career in Italy if he goes

We are clearly saving for a rainy day

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2019, 08:52:07 PM »
My only thing would be, he would’ve gone for double to the prem, with the added bonus of making a upper mid table team slightly more likely to take points off city. That’s why it doesn’t make sense. If Klopp wants to clear path’s for youth up and down the pitch, I’m 100% fine with his judgement that the kids can cover the 15 plus cups that Lovren would’ve played.
Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2019, 09:45:41 PM »
Not convinced we should take the risk but if Hoever really is going to get games then we probably should take the money.

Offline Filler.

• resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Believer
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2019, 10:42:38 PM »
Will probably not finish reading any post that talks about money.

Was surprised/not surprised to hear the rumours, and am same again to hear he's off. It does mean that one of our backlines that will go down in folklore has finally gone. But I wanted him to stay. I had time for him, and grew to love the potential he had to create complete chaos that was somehow in perfect tune with that whole back 5 at times. I might even be able to listen to Albert Ayler now. Properly. Without the extraneous noise all about me.

I'll miss him. Would have preferred a strong pack of 4 cb's, who wouldn't?, but he's given faith to his three youngsters to share a responsibility, knowing that they will without doubt get a chance to play.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Believer
« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2019, 12:54:53 AM »
It'll be ok if he goes. 

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesligas shit
  • Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »
That can't be right. He played every minute of our first 12 league games in 14/15, played 11 league games in a row (all minutes, bar one where he missed a half) in middle of 16/17, and also played all of the last 8 games of 16/17; played a run of 9 out of 10 league games (one on the bench) in 17/18. It's only last season and 15/16 where he played less than 6 games in a row due to injury. Otherwise, he was consistently picked when fit (until VVD arrived)

Yep, you're right POP. He started 12 league games in a row in both those seasons.
Better than the Invincibles.
Better than Mourinho's Chelsea.
Better than the fabled Man Utd treble team.

I'm alright with that.

Offline RogerTheRed

• but which red?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2019, 03:23:15 PM »
I am OK with him going if it suits all involved. However, what seems strange to me is that Masterson got released and Nat Phillips has been allowed on loan. Both seemed decent prospects and have more experience than Hoever or Van den Berg.
Any thoughts on whether we can get Phillips back if Lovren does get sold?
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2019, 03:26:19 PM »
I am OK with him going if it suits all involved. However, what seems strange to me is that Masterson got released and Nat Phillips has been allowed on loan. Both seemed decent prospects and have more experience than Hoever or Van den Berg.

We aren't recalling Phillips. It's clear that they aren't good enough to stay here and be given the same opportunity as Hoever or VDB [who I don't think will be given that many chances as he's still young]. Hoever however if given the opportunity imo will get that chance or we'll use Fabinho, it just depends on the situation.

But we wouldn't have loaned out Phillips if we weren't comfortable with Lovren leaving and we thought he was good enough to cover that spot. The two don't have anything to do with one another. 

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2019, 03:30:04 PM »

Nat Phillips is five years older, but he has less professional match experience than VDB

Offline Number 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing"
« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2019, 04:12:12 PM »
I don’t really understand why we had to wait until the transfer window closed in England. I thought one of the biggest reasons for not bringing anyone in was because we’re keeping this squad together.

Poch was 100% right the other day when he said we shot ourselves in the foot by closing the transfer window early and allowing the European clubs to talk with our players. Now we’ve got this thing hanging over us where anyone can leave to a European club until the end of the month. Not just in this window but future summer transfer windows.
YWNA

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »
If we didn’t want to sell then we wouldn’t be. Lovren isn’t going to force his way out so this is purely down to Klopp being happy to sell.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2019, 04:26:38 PM »
I don’t really understand why we had to wait until the transfer window closed in England. I thought one of the biggest reasons for not bringing anyone in was because we’re keeping this squad together.

Poch was 100% right the other day when he said we shot ourselves in the foot by closing the transfer window early and allowing the European clubs to talk with our players. Now we’ve got this thing hanging over us where anyone can leave to a European club until the end of the month. Not just in this window but future summer transfer windows.

I don't think the case was of us waiting but the deal couldn't be agreed.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2019, 04:41:59 PM »

Agreed...... Why would english clubs agree to such a moronic domestic transfer window. European clubs can still poach players from england until Sep 2nd....... I hope sanity prevails and things go back to norm next season.

Previously if one of our players gets a long term injury 1 or 2 games in, we would at least be able to bring in someone before september comes around. Why would english teams wanna give up this advantage away?

Coming back to us....if lovern goes, i am pretty sure we would bring in some big name in january 2020. i guess we are  balancing the books before spending big in january.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 04:49:50 PM by Bolrick »
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Go CryptoWise
« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2019, 05:01:56 PM »

To be fair Phillips by the age of 22 and Masteron at 20 has less senior game experience than Sepp at age of 17. Nat Phillips have so far only played for our reserve team and Sepp has played 21 times in the Dutch first league. Does Conor have any cup experience with us? Transfermark shows no apps for the cups or league.
Trustworthy and relevant crypto and blockchain content - https://gocryptowise.com/

Offline IanZG

• Believer
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2019, 05:48:55 PM »
To be fair Phillips by the age of 22 and Masteron at 20 has less senior game experience than Sepp at age of 17. Nat Phillips have so far only played for our reserve team and Sepp has played 21 times in the Dutch first league. Does Conor have any cup experience with us? Transfermark shows no apps for the cups or league.

Think Masterson was on the bench once or twice, but wasn't subbed on.

Offline cipher

• Anny Roader
  • Southport -> Canada
« Reply #257 on: August 14, 2019, 05:49:58 PM »
However, what seems strange to me is that Masterson got released and Nat Phillips has been allowed on loan. Both seemed decent prospects and have more experience than Hoever or Van den Berg.

It's simple, Klopp and the staff didn't rate those two players as much as they do VDB & Hoever.   Playing experience isn't a barrier for Klopp who believes, regardless of age, if you are good enough then you'll get a chance to play.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Online Jacob Ian

• Kopite
« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2019, 06:07:20 PM »
Honestly, the worst part of Lovren potentially leaving now would be that he would miss out on the biggest fucking celebration on planet earth this May when we win the league.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Believer
« Reply #259 on: August 15, 2019, 03:04:40 AM »
I'm not exactly thrilled that all 3 of our senior CBs, as well as our makeshift 4th choice who's critical to our midfield, all played 120 minutes just a couple of days before our next PL fixture. 11 players on the bench and the only CB was a 17yo whom we had pegged primarily as a fullback for the time being. No injuries to relevant players, and there's plenty of mad packed fixtures to come. It feels like unnecessary risk to me, wish we could keep Lovren til Jan but I guess we just have to hope SvdB is a god.

Offline Fromola

• Such a Miserable F*cker!
  • Believer
« Reply #260 on: August 15, 2019, 08:33:37 AM »
I'm not exactly thrilled that all 3 of our senior CBs, as well as our makeshift 4th choice who's critical to our midfield, all played 120 minutes just a couple of days before our next PL fixture. 11 players on the bench and the only CB was a 17yo whom we had pegged primarily as a fullback for the time being. No injuries to relevant players, and there's plenty of mad packed fixtures to come. It feels like unnecessary risk to me, wish we could keep Lovren til Jan but I guess we just have to hope SvdB is a god.

I'd be surprised if Sepp plays at all before Jan other than League Cup. Klopp will want to give him time to bed in, which he even did with a player like Fabinho and Robertson, let alone a 17 year old centre back. That's another reason it'd be best to keep Lovren till Jan. If he's desparate to go then okay but Klopp could persuade him he'll get games, especially if Gomez is our full back cover.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #261 on: August 15, 2019, 09:11:01 AM »
Considering how our defence has looked of late, I'd be quite happy to put Dejan back in the first team.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #262 on: August 15, 2019, 09:41:17 AM »
Considering how our defence has looked of late, I'd be quite happy to put Dejan back in the first team.

I was watching the first half last night thinking I bet Dejan's watching thinking maybe he should hang on a bit longer with us!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Believer
« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2019, 09:48:21 AM »
If we sell, we'll have 5 senior defenders for 4 spots. Maybe Hoever/Van der Berg are ready, and I know we can use Milner and Fabinho too, but I hope we keep Lovren. Compared to our midfield depth - where we have 7 senior player all on considerable wages - I don't see why we'd want to be so short of cover in defence.

Everyone of the options for the back four played yesterday, two of them in midfield. I don't think that is adequate cover over a whole season.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2019, 11:04:46 AM »
I was watching the first half last night thinking I bet Dejan's watching thinking maybe he should hang on a bit longer with us!

Maybe but he'd have looked fucking terrible last night... the last thing Dejan wants is to be high up the pitch with attackers running at him
Our problem at the moment isn't our centre backs

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2019, 11:08:05 AM »

I read that as Degan.  :o

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2019, 12:56:29 PM »
I read that as Degan.  :o

We're not THAT desperate ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2019, 12:58:38 PM »
SKY saying Roma want him on loan, we should tell them to get lost.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2019, 01:06:50 PM »

Italian clubs just love trying it on don't they? Hope we tell them to get knotted.

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2019, 01:28:27 PM »
Italian clubs just love trying it on don't they? Hope we tell them to get knotted.

Pushing their luck because they know Klopp doesn’t want to stop him leaving if he wants to.

Easy for the club to say no to that, we’re very happy to sell him to AC then or keep him (whether it’s a bluff or not).

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #270 on: August 15, 2019, 01:32:54 PM »
Italian club in loan deal shocker.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Believer
  • Meh sd
« Reply #271 on: August 15, 2019, 02:10:07 PM »
Maybe but he'd have looked fucking terrible last night... the last thing Dejan wants is to be high up the pitch with attackers running at him
Our problem at the moment isn't our centre backs
At the moment no, but yesterday we were one injury away from having to play a 17-year old CB with no experience from senior level.

Without Lovren, Gomez is our only experienced player covering for all four defense positions.

Milner? He was terrible at full back last year.
Fabinho? He's our most important midfielder and did the work of three most of the game yesterday.

If this was about Lovren being desperate to leave, surely that would have been known long before the PL window closed.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 02:12:35 PM by jepovic »

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #272 on: August 15, 2019, 02:22:07 PM »
James Pearce
1m ago
@Phil B. Talks are ongoing but as things stand there's no deal in place with Roma. LFC are open to selling Lovren on the basis that they think £15m is decent money for a 30-year-old whose injury record isn't great. Klopp also has great faith in Van den Berg and Hoever to step up at some stage.
Personally, I hope Lovren stays. I know he's fourth choice but with Matip and Gomez having had fitness issues of their own, I think Klopp needs four senior centre-backs for the challenges ahead.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
« Reply #273 on: August 15, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »

Exactly. After all the the money we've given them. A loan would be awful and pointless deal.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #274 on: August 15, 2019, 02:42:56 PM »
Italian teams and wanting players on loan  :lmao

Hope we tell them to fuck off  :wanker

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #275 on: August 15, 2019, 02:44:57 PM »
We should ask them about signing Zaniolo then.  8)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Believer
  • Meh sd
« Reply #276 on: August 15, 2019, 03:01:03 PM »
We should ask them about signing Zaniolo then.  8)
Loan deal, 4M for a year  ;D

Offline Number 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing"
« Reply #277 on: August 15, 2019, 05:45:31 PM »
Nothing from Lovren on his social media congratulating us on winning another trophy. I know he might be in the middle of a transfer but surely it won’t scupper the deal if you say well done to the team you’ve played on for what 6 years?
YWNA

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #278 on: August 15, 2019, 05:51:29 PM »
Exactly. After all the the money we've given them. A loan would be awful and pointless deal.

About £100m for Allison and Salah?

I'd say we at least owe them one Lovren and two Morenos.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer