Author Topic: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.  (Read 30615 times)

Offline meady1981

• THESE WERE THE LAST WORDS HE SAID....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I really could do without all this.
Re: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.
« Reply #280 on: September 11, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »
Fucking Brexit.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #281 on: September 12, 2019, 12:00:15 AM »
Fucking Brexit.

.......to give it its proper title
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline lfcwembley

• Main Stander
  • Next best thing to being scouse, Im from Wembley
« Reply #282 on: September 13, 2019, 04:18:54 PM »
A backstop is exactly what’s required for safer standing.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #283 on: Yesterday at 04:05:34 AM »
The best option, depending on how close the current steps are to safe standing regs (I'm sure Peter said in the past they meet them, but I could be wrong) would be to keep what's currently there, convert it to safe standing when allowed, then see if we can expand the corners and back some more to maybe try to add another 3-4k on.

I think everyone's kidding themselves over safe standing. Liverpool will be the last club on earth to introduce it, and almost certainly not even then. As long as a single member of any of the Hillsborough families says they're opposed to the reintroduction of standing, the club simply won't do it. They'd never go against their wishes.

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #284 on: Yesterday at 03:21:01 PM »
I think everyone's kidding themselves over safe standing. Liverpool will be the last club on earth to introduce it, and almost certainly not even then. As long as a single member of any of the Hillsborough families says they're opposed to the reintroduction of standing, the club simply won't do it. They'd never go against their wishes.

I don’t think we’ll be the first but I do think if it becomes legal then their will be that much Fab pressure that the conversations will have to happen and I think that could lead to it happening within Anfield.

Online Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
« Reply #285 on: Yesterday at 04:37:07 PM »
I don't choose to live or work near a football ground, but plenty of others do. For some, being up-close to Anfield is a dream. For others, their businesses would probably not exist anymore unless they were so close to the ground that brings so much footfall and money their way.

With that in mind, I'm sorry, but residents claiming they are feeling ''hemmed in'' by expansion of Anfield is laughable. This is 2019, and there has never been as much space around Anfield Stadium as there is now. The area all around is positively airy compared to what it used to be.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/they-havent-fixed-what-broken-16913865
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #286 on: Today at 08:35:11 AM »
I don't choose to live or work near a football ground, but plenty of others do. For some, being up-close to Anfield is a dream. For others, their businesses would probably not exist anymore unless they were so close to the ground that brings so much footfall and money their way.

With that in mind, I'm sorry, but residents claiming they are feeling ''hemmed in'' by expansion of Anfield is laughable. This is 2019, and there has never been as much space around Anfield Stadium as there is now. The area all around is positively airy compared to what it used to be.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/they-havent-fixed-what-broken-16913865

Its a bizarre statement. You would of thought having another 6000 people as footfall close to your business on a match day would be a good thing.
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #287 on: Today at 05:21:16 PM »
Not really as she states, she lives on Skerries. Matchday for us is turn up have a few beers, watch the game, maybe have another couple and then leave. For ressies it consums the day - or if event based 2 days. I want expansion but her concern is justified.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #288 on: Today at 05:28:39 PM »
To be fair I live close enough to old Trafford where the traffic has a big impact on me if I want to go anywhere by car, either do it 2 hours before, 2 hours after or during the game

Train bit is a good idea but needs a good park and ride so those of us who public transport isn’t an option can use it and park further away from the ground
« Last Edit: Today at 05:31:27 PM by Lush is the best medicine... »

Online Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • Nullius in verba, omnia probate, sapere aude
« Reply #289 on: Today at 05:32:24 PM »
Not really as she states, she lives on Skerries. Matchday for us is turn up have a few beers, watch the game, maybe have another couple and then leave. For ressies it consums the day - or if event based 2 days. I want expansion but her concern is justified.
Yes the concerns are more than justified. You need to live awhile in the near siege conditions that regular major public events place upon locals to really understand it.

Thing is I can't see what the answer is. The club can only do so much. They can't stop people from going any which where, and even if they did, even if residential streets were made no-go areas and people were funneled along set routes, that would still add to the abnormal conditions that people have to live in.
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"