Author Topic: 3,2,1 And You're Back in the Room - Olympique Lyonnais - July Wed 31st 18:00  (Read 145832 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Dortmund holding on now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
A very good work out that, with a bit more luck we could certainly have earned a draw.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Good workout. Onto the next...
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Nooooo!

Klopp out

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, thought we were a little unlucky tonight but overall some good moments for our lads. Brewster, Wilson and Lewis had good games and Larouci will learn from his mistake.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Can't believe I stayed up to watch that shit,VVD doesn't even look arsed that we lost.

Fuck it,I'm sending my socks back.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
Ridiculous start time with the heat. Any summer match in USA should start at least 1 hour after sunset. The first half team was melted by halftime. Not fair to the players or fans.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
Decent workout for the lads, & a good watch.. which is always appreciated when you have to stay up until 3am to watch it ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Is ‘Little’ Rhian Brewster the new ‘Big’ Lloyd Jones?

That was annoying me more than it should have  ;D awful commentator whoever it was.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Can't believe I stayed up to watch that shit,VVD doesn't even look arsed that we lost.

Fuck it,I'm sending my socks back.
You bought the socks.  :nirnir
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Not a bad performance. Second half team better than the first.

At least it was a quick tempo and not a laboured friendly. Will do us good that.
YWNA

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Where i can see the goals?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
  • On the piss with Georgie Best

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Where i can see the goals?
There is one at each end of the pitch.  ;)

Sorry, it's late.  :-[
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 03:28:01 am by Sons of pioneerS »

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
It was a good workout for the lads. Annoyed to be awake at 3am after watching Liverpool lose but it was a decent game to watch overall.

Sloppy defensively which cost us the goals, but it’s better to get the mistakes out of the way now before it really matters.

Ref was a bit dramatic with his whistle, and I hope that “Little” Rhian Brewster doesn’t catch on.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Lost 3-1 last summer. Lost 3-2 this summer = we win the league
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You a centipede pal?

Only have 1 bath a week and do my washing at the same time.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
Kinda embarassing to admit now.  Formerly went by GashBasher  :-X

You Romantic old fool.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched some highlights, and that kid Larouci seemed to be the weakest link, or he was playing in unfamiliar position?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched some highlights, and that kid Larouci seemed to be the weakest link, or he was playing in unfamiliar position?

He's a winger playing as a fullback. Defensively he has a lot to improve on.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You must have watched a different game to me,lad played well,Sancho didn't have the beating of him.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
You must have watched a different game to me,lad played well,Sancho didn't have the beating of him.

Sancho didn't have the beating of him, but he was at fault for the 3rd goal, and debatable for he 2nd as his man put the cross in [he wasn't the only one asleep]

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
Sancho didn't have the beating of him, but he was at fault for the 3rd goal, and debatable for he 2nd as his man put the cross in [he wasn't the only one asleep]

Who fell asleep on the throw in for the first?

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Is Clyne good enough as a back up RB for us? I doubt it.
Believer

• Legacy Fan
Is Clyne good enough as a back up RB for us? I doubt it.

A back up, yeah he's good enough.

• Legacy Fan
Who fell asleep on the throw in for the first?

Can't remember honestly but Clyne and Matip reacted in slow motion

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
Good work out regardless of the result, really encouraged by Brewster's composure.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
Can't remember honestly but Clyne and Matip reacted in slow motion

Not unexpected at this stage of pre-season, you'd expect sharpness to improve now going forward though.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
The defenders were caught ball watching on the goals. Especially Clyne. And Gomez.

We really miss Van Dijk when he's not on the field. Anyone who thinks there's a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice defender to partner him is way off. There's Van Dijk, and then there's anyone else :)

Attack was a bit muffled, but Wilson was VERY clever with his runs, and Fabinho kept trying to find him. Good to see.

Brewster has balls. I'd keep him and Wilson in the first team squad for the season.

Larouci didn't do too bad at all. A bit naive, but that's what experience is for.

Kent had some moments.

But Dortmund's defensive organisation was well impressive. They just didn't like to give up any space at all. Quiet shout for next year's Bundesliga perhaps?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Joe isn't too bad.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
I think that Brewster and Wilson could play a role this season, they were pleasant to watch. Lewis had some nice composure in midfield, maybe he's groomed for that role rather than LB. Larouci still has to learn to defend but his attacking play was quite good. Overall, we've got some decent quality youngsters, and I hope we have much more favorable cup draws so that they can get more game time. But I feel that we still have some weaknesses in the squad that have not been addressed yet. We will still compete in the league and the CL, but we won't be able to afford to give Mane, Salah and Firmino a breather. AOC and Shaq are the only options and one might argue that AOC is the only "addition" to the club.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
I saw the match, and it was exactly what you'd expect from a pre-season friendly played in the soaring heat. We obviously weren't as potent going forward because our three most important attacking players were missing. Defensively we made a few cock ups for the first and third goals which ultimately cost us the game. Matip and Gomez looked slightly off the pace, and I'm fairly sure mistakes like that won't be happening once the season gets underway and we're up to speed. They didn't occur last season. Fabinho was boss, and AOC looked very bright. Really looking forward to seeing him. I was impressed with Wilson as well. Larouci doesn't look ready for first team football and we probably won't be seeing him this season just yet.