Author Topic: General thread Summer 19. #Fekir off  (Read 350998 times)

Offline lukeb1981

• Believer
Re: General thread Summer 19. #Mbappe 2020 rofl
« Reply #4280 on: July 12, 2019, 09:54:44 AM »
Is this the same Nicolas Pepe who doesn't get in the Ivory Coast team ahead of Zaha? *eyes emoji*
That lad is being tarted around by his agent big time. I will bet any money he wont be at a top team by the end of the window.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4281 on: July 12, 2019, 09:57:01 AM »
Is this the same Nicolas Pepe who doesn't get in the Ivory Coast team ahead of Zaha? *eyes emoji*

he didn't play the last game right? ... not sure what this post means to be honest ... was Firmino shit when Brazil didn't pick him?
Cool if you don't rate him but not sure international selection is much of a metric

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesligas shit
  • Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #4282 on: July 12, 2019, 10:00:44 AM »
he didn't play the last game right? ... not sure what this post means to be honest ... was Firmino shit when Brazil didn't pick him?
Cool if you don't rate him but not sure international selection is much of a metric

It means they're both on the open market and I know which player I'd rather have.
Better than the Invincibles.
Better than Mourinho's Chelsea.
Better than the fabled Man Utd treble team.

I'm alright with that.

Offline smig

• Believer
« Reply #4283 on: July 12, 2019, 10:07:02 AM »
That lad is being tarted around by his agent big time. I will bet any money he wont be at a top team by the end of the window.
Gonna end up at the ev inne
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4284 on: July 12, 2019, 10:21:19 AM »
Brewster's the unknown quantity (to us fans), but excluding him from the equation, when either of Mane or Salah are out, if we try to keep that same system, the quality of their replacements means a substantial drop in quality.

We either need to bring in a player who can slot in without there being much fall away in the quality (someone like Werner, who unfortunately seems intent on going to BM on a free next year), or we need to have an alternative set-up that plays to the very different strengths of an Origi or Shaqiri.

We got lucky in terms of injuries to Mane & Salah last season but, especially with the AFCON this summer and the fact I'm a massive pessimist when it comes to football, I worry hugely that not signing a proven quality player to interchange with our front 3 is going to give us the biggest of bites on our arse.
This season, I shall mostly be wetting the bed.

Offline masher

• Believer
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #4285 on: July 12, 2019, 10:22:14 AM »
It means they're both on the open market and I know which player I'd rather have.

Its not as clear cut, Pepe is 2.5 years younger and seems to be more productive.

Zaha - 32 Goals and 20 assists in 163 games in past 5 seasons in the league. That's .32 goals or assists per game.
Pepe - 35 Goals and 15 assists in 74 league games. .68 goals or assists per game.

Caveat that with the fact that Pepe's goals are in french league and includes penalties (although he seems to have won most of those penalties 8 out of 11, I believe). Having just turned 24, Pepe is entering his peak.

Given that we are not going to sign either of them, my post is irrelevant and can be ignored  ;D

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4286 on: July 12, 2019, 10:35:42 AM »
Gonna end up at the ev inne

And will be announced as a big coup and that they stole him from under our noses.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4287 on: July 12, 2019, 11:18:16 AM »

Feels a lot like Gaston Ramirez however many years ago
Help my friend who is aspiring to be a sports journalist get an internship by viewing his blog. He writes better stuff than most other sports journo's: http://tomkellywriting.wordpress.com/

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4288 on: July 12, 2019, 11:54:35 AM »
Feels a lot like Gaston Ramirez however many years ago

i don't get that impression with Pepe.

I absolutely do with that Portuguese player (is it Fernandes?) He's being hawked around desperately (and United fans seem to want to bite!)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4289 on: July 12, 2019, 12:09:40 PM »
Would rather we kept Wilson.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #4290 on: July 12, 2019, 12:16:25 PM »
How do you factor in say a Solanke to the approach of giving youth a chance?  Under the extra-ordinary conditions we find ourselves, where you almost have to win every game, can we afford to be giving Brewster a chance rather than an expensive 4th choice forward, when it may mean dropping points, but in the long run will save us money?  I guess that's where some fans may disagree with you.  Are we also taking the current opportunity set for granted by choosing not to leverage the talents we have today and believing that there is a perpetual nature to our success?

Yes, if he's good enough.

And if he wasn't, he wouldn't be getting this very, very, very clear path to the 1st team. The manager and his coaches have clearly seen that this kid is not just another 'good prospect', he has what it takes, that something extra, to make it at the highest level. Clubs don't really have a lot of these young players, probably be lucky to get 2 or 3 in a decade. Looks like Liverpool have one.

Klopp isn't daft, he isn't going to make proclemations and promises to a kid who isn't good enough to play at the highest level. He thinks Brewster has it, and is ready.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #4291 on: July 12, 2019, 12:42:05 PM »

Offline hugoboss

• Believer
  • Lightning Frightning!!!
« Reply #4292 on: July 12, 2019, 01:56:57 PM »
I wonder if we could get Coutinho on loan from Barca
Prandelli: "I prefer to concede a goal on the counter-attack rather than sit, wait and suffer for 20 minutes."

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4293 on: July 12, 2019, 01:58:44 PM »

We already have 2 tea ladies.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #4294 on: July 12, 2019, 02:11:01 PM »

I think Barcelona will probably want to sell him. Definitely so if they buy Neymar and Griezmann. In that scenario it could be that he ends up as the makeweight in the Neymar deal.

I'd have him back -either on loan or for a fee below 60M. Think he'd be a good back up or rotational option for the front 3. Particularly since he'd be an option on the left for Mane to rotate. He could also slot in if we went to 4-2-3-1. Wouldn't want to see him in midfield very much. Said exactly the same when he was here previously so there's no revisionism in that statement.

Very, very unlikely to happen though. I think Barcelona will want 80M at the very least. Think he'll end the summer window at either Barcelona or PSG.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4295 on: July 12, 2019, 02:12:58 PM »
If they sign Neymar & Griezmann then I can see both Coutinho and Dembele leaving. They’re not only going to have to free up funds for the fees but also some wages as they’re both on big money and those two coming in will likely be on even more.

Coutinho likely as part of the deal to PSG which leaves Dembele to be sold.

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4296 on: July 12, 2019, 02:16:20 PM »
Yep me too. Rhian Brewster

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4297 on: July 12, 2019, 02:17:10 PM »
Didn’t realise Harvey Elliott was in the stands last night - wonder when that will be announced?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4298 on: July 12, 2019, 02:17:36 PM »
Coutinho can get to fuck. He wanted his dream move, he got it.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4299 on: July 12, 2019, 02:18:35 PM »
Origi popped up with goals in a couple of cup games last season...

I'm afraid it might have to be Origi, as alas my dream signing of Peter Crouch has died a sudden and depressing death following the announcement of his retirement.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4300 on: July 12, 2019, 02:21:26 PM »
Coutinho can get to fuck. He wanted his dream move, he got it.
I’d have him back, was a dick forcing his way out but forgive and forget, life’s too short.

Irrelevant mind as it won’t happen. Not sure even if he wanted to come back Klopp would sanction it given his behaviour.

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4301 on: July 12, 2019, 02:21:57 PM »
I’d have him back, was a dick forcing his way out but forgive and forget, life’s too short.

Irrelevant mind as it won’t happen. Not sure even if he wanted to come back Klopp would sanction it given his behaviour.

Forgetting what he did, I’m not sure he’s what we need.

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4302 on: July 12, 2019, 02:26:39 PM »
Forgetting what he did, I’m not sure he’s what we need.
You’re probably right. He does bring something different with the long range scoring and penetrative through balls, but even before he left it had begun to feel like he was not quite the right player for the way we play in general.

I just loved watching him play when he was at his best.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 02:28:20 PM by duvva »

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
« Reply #4303 on: July 12, 2019, 02:43:53 PM »
Griezman to Barca done then.

Dembele's buttocks twitching towards John Lennon, just a little bit?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Victor

• Believer
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #4304 on: July 12, 2019, 02:45:09 PM »
With Sturbridge and Moreno gone we needed a forward and a defender and it looks like we've identified Brewster and Hoever as the players capable of filling those slots . Possibly Van Den Berg too ... Klopp seems happy with that... and to be honest I would be too

I reckon if a quality player who improves us was available for the right price we'd sign them but I don't see the point in spending big for a back up ... if we spend it should be on someone to genuinely compete for the place or step straight in and the players to do that either don't exist or aren't available yet
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #4305 on: July 12, 2019, 02:47:39 PM »
Don’t think we’d pay what it would take to sign a player like Dembele.

Think there are reasonable question marks over his professionalism and attitude as well, but they’d want the type of fee that would break our transfer record and there doesn’t seem to be the slightest chance of us doing that in this window.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #4306 on: July 12, 2019, 03:06:51 PM »
If they sign Neymar & Griezmann then I can see both Coutinho and Dembele leaving. They’re not only going to have to free up funds for the fees but also some wages as they’re both on big money and those two coming in will likely be on even more.

Coutinho likely as part of the deal to PSG which leaves Dembele to be sold.

I hope no one stumps up the cash for either and they collapse under the weight of their wage bill. There's always someone willing to throw a pile of money at a big name though so I'm sure they'll get moved on.

Think there are reasonable question marks over his professionalism and attitude as well, but they’d want the type of fee that would break our transfer record and there doesn’t seem to be the slightest chance of us doing that in this window.

I'd be careful suggesting that with Craig lurking :D

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4307 on: July 12, 2019, 03:25:42 PM »

I think the indications they’ve given regarding a lack of activity in the market are more down to them thinking no one of interest will be available, and us not really needing much.
However I think if a player of interest was available I don’t believe we’d be shy in putting the money down.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #4308 on: July 12, 2019, 03:27:12 PM »

Think there are reasonable question marks over his professionalism and attitude as well

His injury record doesn't look too smart either.

He's obviously a player with a very high ceiling though. He's also a player we've been interested in previously. Past evidence suggests that we continue to track players even if we don't get them at the 1st time of asking.

I think we'd be interested in Dembele become available at a reasonable price. Still not sure if that interest would be enough to solidify into a concentred effort to sign him though. We seem to have 5 or 6 of the players for the front 3 nailed on within the squad already.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online tubby

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4309 on: July 12, 2019, 03:29:16 PM »
Think Bayern were sniffing around Dembele at one point.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Schmidt

• Believer
« Reply #4310 on: July 12, 2019, 03:31:31 PM »
Think Bayern were sniffing around Dembele at one point.

If they were to make a move then maybe Werner would be worth approaching?

Online tubby

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4311 on: July 12, 2019, 03:39:18 PM »

Would be amazed if he's doing anything other than seeing out his contract and moving to Bayern in a year.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Agent99

• Believer
« Reply #4312 on: July 12, 2019, 03:42:43 PM »
With Origi staying and Brewster coming through I can't see us looking for that type of striker now.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #4313 on: July 12, 2019, 03:47:13 PM »
I think the indications they’ve given regarding a lack of activity in the market are more down to them thinking no one of interest will be available, and us not really needing much.
However I think if a player of interest was available I don’t believe we’d be shy in putting the money down.

Do you think we’d potentially break our transfer record for a player who isn’t guaranteed to start every week?

I don’t.

I think we’d pay that kind of money for really transformative signings, players like VVD and Alisson. I don’t think we’d pay it for Dembele - he’s very talented, but I think Barcelona would need to be willing to take a very hefty loss on him for us to be interested from a purely financial standpoint.

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Believer
« Reply #4314 on: July 12, 2019, 03:59:52 PM »
With Origi staying and Brewster coming through I can't see us looking for that type of striker now.

Werner's attraction is that he can play both wide and through the middle.

I think we're stocked enough to cover the more central role, but out wide we're very short of comparable quality behind Mane & Salah

Brewster has played his football so far more in the middle; he may be more adaptable but we don't yet know (or if he'll actually cut it at the top level, in fact)

Origi's all-round game is too much of a drop down when he plays wide.

Shaqiri isn't fast enough and he doesn't work hard enough. Lallana is too slow and has been poor (due to injury interruptions) for 2 seasons.

Werner would, IMO, solve the problem. But like others have said, according to those close to him, he's running his contract down to join BM on a free next year.
This season, I shall mostly be wetting the bed.

Online Schmidt

• Believer
« Reply #4315 on: July 12, 2019, 04:01:24 PM »
Would be amazed if he's doing anything other than seeing out his contract and moving to Bayern in a year.

Yeah presumably, just wondering if that would change if Bayern signed another wide forward as they seem to have a few already.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Into the top right corner.
« Reply #4316 on: July 12, 2019, 04:06:23 PM »

Brewster has played his football so far more in the middle; he may be more adaptable but we don't yet know (or if he'll actually cut it at the top level, in fact)

Klopp just said in his post Tranmere interviews that Brewster will play in the wide positions also. I think he expects his forwards to all have that type of flexibility.

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4317 on: July 12, 2019, 04:06:40 PM »
Do you think we’d potentially break our transfer record for a player who isn’t guaranteed to start every week?

I don’t.

I think we’d pay that kind of money for really transformative signings, players like VVD and Alisson. I don’t think we’d pay it for Dembele - he’s very talented, but I think Barcelona would need to be willing to take a very hefty loss on him for us to be interested from a purely financial standpoint.
It depends on how highly they rate Dembele. Chances are you’re right and he may not be the one they’d do that for. But like you I do think we’d do it for a player they rate similarly to VVD/Alisson if ones available.

I appreciate I linked my point to a post that included Dembele but it was more a general comment that I don’t think it’s certain we wouldn’t splash out in a big way in this window, it’s really dependent on availability.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:08:28 PM by duvva »

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #4318 on: July 12, 2019, 04:27:41 PM »
Is Brewster as good as Rashford when the latter debuted for Man Utd? If so, we are potentially sorte for the next 5 to 6 years in one forward position.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer