Author Topic: NO MORE TICKET EXCHANGES FOR THIS SEASON  (Read 3576 times)

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NO MORE TICKET EXCHANGES FOR THIS SEASON
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2019, 08:50:11 AM »
its not so much that its because the club come down on people harshly who at times cant make it to a game and give their ticket to a mate.

at times the said mate might not know his way around Anfield and end up at wrong turnstile/seat or doesn't scan his ticket right, a steward comes over and asks where they got it from and at times their mind is made up that the ticket is got by touting of some form

so because another person is using a ticket that's not normally theirs the season ticket holder is suddenly barred

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=334543.0 this for example. and this

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325541.0

Spot on. And I think this has to be the way forward. Of course the club has to manage tickets better etc for it to work properly. But I know that if, as an example, I missed out on a ticket to a game that sold on on 6 previous games, while I had 5, but someone here had a spare and gave it to someone that had 500 posts, but hadnít been to a game for a couple of years, Iíd be less than impressed.
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Online scouser102002

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 09:41:50 AM »
There is a line of thought that tickets should be allocated on loyalty. Attendance at previous matches.

I don't think it's anything to do with that. No one who has ever offered a ticket on the exchange and said 'oh I will only sell to you if you've been to x amount of games'

The suspension of it came about when fans starting getting lifetime bans from Anfield due to passing on their cards to others.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 09:43:54 AM by scouser102002 »

Online J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Believer
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 10:35:56 AM »
I don't think it's anything to do with that. No one who has ever offered a ticket on the exchange and said 'oh I will only sell to you if you've been to x amount of games'

The suspension of it came about when fans starting getting lifetime bans from Anfield due to passing on their cards to others.

This isn't an issue for away games though
My mate asked me if i wanted a ticket "they are fake like" he says, stupid twat

Online scouser102002

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 10:47:48 AM »
This isn't an issue for away games though

Yeah, I think there was a discussion about just having it for away games before it was suspended as well

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Believer
  • Justice for the 96!!
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2019, 10:52:30 AM »
Yeah, I think there was a discussion about just having it for away games before it was suspended as well
I think the fact that there are so few spares coming up for away games these days (even more so since the £30 price cap) has an effect on the thinking too
RIP 96 YNWA 15/4/89 Never Forgotten
http://twitter.com/kopitesaint91
http://www.facebook.com/matthewpurchase

Proud father to a gorgeous little kopite - Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Online Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2019, 12:22:49 PM »
I think the fact that there are so few spares coming up for away games these days (even more so since the £30 price cap) has an effect on the thinking too
Disagree with that I got sorted plenty of aways on the exchanges last year

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 96.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2019, 06:51:01 PM »
Oh didnít even realise this was the case. Gutted. Met loads of mates through buying on here and only managed to get to most away games via the exchange as well. Be sad to see it go. 
Justice for Anne Williams
Justice for the 96

Rest in Peace my dear Dad 9/01/2019.

He sent me to Istanbul 2005, Athens 2007 and Basel 2016.
Was also at Kiev 2018 and Madrid 2019.

Offline CHOPPZBOT

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock.
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • The TRUTH! is out
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2019, 07:07:42 PM »
The club are trying to weed out touts and coming down heavily on people passing on tickets.

You are not affiliated to the club and it is something that has been actively promoted as being an independent site. This access to tickets offers an honest and trust worthy forum for people to get access to tickets and 99.99% of the the time is never abused.

I don't think, I know, you are making a wrong and myopic decision.

This coming from someone who doesn't have problems getting tickets, so to me, all you are doing is pushing people out into the shark infested waters of the internet and towards the shitehawaks that patrol the ground.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline vamos tony

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2019, 08:49:31 AM »
Would be disappointed to see this ended, have use this for many years and traded buying and selling. Back in the day people had trade counts so you knew were you stood.
Never had any problems and always dealt at face value
SOS Member 2692
ďIt is better to die on your feet than live forever on your kneesĒ. Dolores Ibaruri, Asturias, Spain,1934

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2019, 08:57:56 AM »
Why you all getting your knickers in a twist over something that hasnít been decided yet?

Offline CHOPPZBOT

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock.
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • The TRUTH! is out
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2019, 01:09:35 PM »
I don't think anyone is getting their knickers in a twist at all, its more to do with a what feels like, what could be a potentially poor decision that would ultimately force people out, and into as mentioned - shark infested waters.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2019, 01:26:52 PM »
If someone is daft enough to buy off a tout on Twitter thatís not really my problem. Weíre talking about getting match tickets not withholding a cure for cancer.

Offline CHOPPZBOT

• Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • The TRUTH! is out
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2019, 02:33:05 PM »
By potentially removing the forum to obtain tickets, then you are in fact driving people towards the Twitters and the ground touts of this world, this is the whole crux of what is being said.

*Rocket science and a cure for cancer, collide in a Stellar battle of who can win the metaphor challenge*

Offline daindan

• Main Stander
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2019, 02:54:01 PM »
The problem is from an outside perspective, offering a ticket on here at fv is still against the terms and conditions in lfc eyes.  Cos strictly speaking, the ppl you sell a spare to on here is neither a friend or family so if anything happens down the line you canít say you gave it to a friend

Offline CHOPPZBOT

• Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • The TRUTH! is out
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2019, 03:02:32 PM »
We're all friends on the Kop and in the ground, so there's no problem.

Sort ticket for said person, at face value - you're now their friend for life, they get in, they're now you're double friend for life and potentially want you to become part of their family. Yahtzee!

I've sorted tickets for many people who have become friends on the back of it. Its the quelling of the touts that needs to be addressed here, not the foot soldiers code of honour.

Peter Everypenny need not apply to the foot-soldier title,  the gobshite.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2019, 05:01:20 PM »
By potentially removing the forum to obtain tickets, then you are in fact driving people towards the Twitters and the ground touts of this world, this is the whole crux of what is being said.

*Rocket science and a cure for cancer, collide in a Stellar battle of who can win the metaphor challenge*

By the same token you could say it also brings those sharks into our waters :D We can't police what goes on on PM, we've had cases where phone numbers have been collected and WhatsApp groups set up to share tickets.

It's not as simple and straightforward as is being made out.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2019, 05:02:52 PM »
The problem is from an outside perspective, offering a ticket on here at fv is still against the terms and conditions in lfc eyes.  Cos strictly speaking, the ppl you sell a spare to on here is neither a friend or family so if anything happens down the line you canít say you gave it to a friend

Exactly.

Who knows who's been looking in, the trusted thread is a goldmine for those investigation officers.

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2019, 06:27:33 PM »
We're all friends on the Kop and in the ground, so there's no problem.

Sort ticket for said person, at face value - you're now their friend for life, they get in, they're now you're double friend for life and potentially want you to become part of their family. Yahtzee!

I've sorted tickets for many people who have become friends on the back of it. Its the quelling of the touts that needs to be addressed here, not the foot soldiers code of honour.

Peter Everypenny need not apply to the foot-soldier title,  the gobshite.

I think youíre totally missing the point. As Claire and others have alluded to, passing tickets on like this is almost certainly against the t&c s of buying one. People are wary of spot checks etc and rightly so. Itís also a valid point that no-one knows who is looking at these forums. And as Iíve said before, we canít bang on about loyalty schemes being everything and itís really important that people with past credits are rewarded and then say ďwell apart from our RAWK exchange where we reserve the right to pass on tickets to our mates no matter how many games theyíve been to, as long as theyíve made 200 posts on hereĒ.

There are plenty of reasons why this should be taken under careful consideration. I donít have the answers by the way, and yes, Iíve passed my ticket to my son before and also had tickets passed on to me by a friend. Iím not sure that itís something thatís right though?

Offline daindan

• Main Stander
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2019, 07:48:11 PM »
The main issue is in the first instance your passing your spare onto a stranger and trusting them not to sell it on or misuse it.  Plus whose to say no lfc steward/ticket investigator is on this forum. Nothing stops them buying a spare and bang your banned for life. The club will say if there actually a friend you wouldnít be selling it on social media or Internet forum

Offline CHOPPZBOT

• Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • The TRUTH! is out
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2019, 10:34:05 AM »
I think youíre totally missing the point. As Claire and others have alluded to, passing tickets on like this is almost certainly against the t&c s of buying one. People are wary of spot checks etc and rightly so. Itís also a valid point that no-one knows who is looking at these forums. And as Iíve said before, we canít bang on about loyalty schemes being everything and itís really important that people with past credits are rewarded and then say ďwell apart from our RAWK exchange where we reserve the right to pass on tickets to our mates no matter how many games theyíve been to, as long as theyíve made 200 posts on hereĒ.

There are plenty of reasons why this should be taken under careful consideration. I donít have the answers by the way, and yes, Iíve passed my ticket to my son before and also had tickets passed on to me by a friend. Iím not sure that itís something thatís right though?

You're right, I've got it all wrong. I shall hand all my spares immediately back to the club so they can ensure they go through the correct channels and ensure Thomas Cook make some money out of the club partnership.

Hands up which mod hasn't, touched for a ticket through this site?

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2019, 05:56:17 PM »
You're right, I've got it all wrong. I shall hand all my spares immediately back to the club so they can ensure they go through the correct channels and ensure Thomas Cook make some money out of the club partnership.

Hands up which mod hasn't, touched for a ticket through this site?

Like I said weíve all done it. I just know that if I was one who missed out because people decide to give tickets to others that didnít have the required credits Iíd be a bit pissed off. Surely you can see that?

Of course the flip side to that is that the club has to get the arses into gear to make sure that people who are going to the matches are the ones claiming the loyalty though. Work to be done on both sides