Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 1740621 times)

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Believer
Re: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)
« Reply #28760 on: February 23, 2021, 09:53:45 am »
You have no authority here Joe Anderson, no authority at all.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • *NoVoid-19
Re: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)
« Reply #28761 on: February 23, 2021, 10:12:42 am »
One of the new mayor candidates...  ;D
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline keano7

• Believer
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #28762 on: February 23, 2021, 12:15:32 pm »
Evertonís new stadium plans at Bramley Moore unanimously approved by Liverpool CCís Planning Committee, subject to any intervention by the Secretary of State.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • BAGs
« Reply #28763 on: February 23, 2021, 12:31:46 pm »
Evertonís new stadium plans at Bramley Moore unanimously approved by Liverpool CCís Planning Committee, subject to any intervention by the Secretary of State and the fact they don't have the money to finance it anyway.
Mancs? They're just plastic, Scouse wannabes with shite haircuts.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
« Reply #28764 on: February 23, 2021, 12:41:33 pm »
I'm not against the stadium at all, that area of the city is a dump and it needs regenerating significantly. The logistical challenge of building a stadium there is one thing, but the age old question is obviously about finances. £500 million wont get that stadium built, it'll likely be way more than that. Where are they getting half a billion quid from anyway? Uncle Uzzy they'll say, but it isn't as straightforward as that either.

Can anyone seriously enlighten me on how this realistically gets done?

Offline the_toffee

• clearly missing his wrapper
  • Anny Roader
  • Meh.
« Reply #28765 on: February 23, 2021, 12:55:22 pm »
I've wondered about the financial aspect of it myself. Seems too good to be true, but I hope I'm wrong.

Serious question coming up. How do you reds feel about Everton leaving Goodison?

If the tables were turned and you were leaving Anfield, I have to say I'd feel a bit sad about it. All that history, the umpteen derbies, the feel of the place... I'm a nostalgic fool I suppose, but one thing I've learned after moving to America is that history and culture is worth preserving. Goodison is sadly very difficult to expand but I can't shake the feeling that we're trading 130 years of history at Goodison with some plasticy franchise like horror. The USM Hummel Stadium or something equally horrific.
Repugnant is a Creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Believer
« Reply #28766 on: February 23, 2021, 01:06:09 pm »
Just can't see in a million years how a club that needs Chinese overdrafts and loans secured against future TV revenue to pay its running costs (and that was before Covid!) can ever be in a position to fund a stadium of this cost.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #28767 on: February 23, 2021, 01:14:35 pm »
Usmanov lends his mate the money, obviously. We're all just in denial.
"JŁrgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #28768 on: February 23, 2021, 01:15:07 pm »
Shit getting real for the Debt Dome.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • kopite
« Reply #28769 on: February 23, 2021, 01:15:20 pm »
I've wondered about the financial aspect of it myself. Seems too good to be true, but I hope I'm wrong.

Serious question coming up. How do you reds feel about Everton leaving Goodison?

I live in the area, it will be a shame to see it go. I have said many times though it will be good for the City overall if you relocate the Bramley Moore.

I have also said, I think you should have took the chance to redevelop and expand Goodison when the new Park End was built. I saw plans from blues who reckoned the Ground could have been developed one side and a time, how feasible these plans where I'm not sure.

I also quite honestly think, opposing teams will prefer and feel the benefit of playing in your new Stadium as much as you!

Goodison may be way past its sell by date, but to the the modern day footballer it can be a daunting place to play if your fans are up for it. With all due respect, it really is like playing a team from the lower divisions.

It could be argued Everton will lose that aspect of their home advantage if they move.

I will won't be jealous of your new Stadium, I love Anfield so much, and what they achieved in developing it is amazing, they just need to do the Annie Rd now, that is still a bit shit! Either way I wouldn't swap for any other stadium or location in the world.

Good luck with the move going the head, but I foresee a whole load of problems financing it.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:17:40 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • BAGs
« Reply #28770 on: February 23, 2021, 01:20:19 pm »

If the tables were turned and you were leaving Anfield, I have to say I'd feel a bit sad about it. All that history, the umpteen derbies, the feel of the place... I'm a nostalgic fool I suppose, but one thing I've learned after moving to America is that history and culture is worth preserving. Goodison is sadly very difficult to expand but I can't shake the feeling that we're trading 130 years of history at Goodison with some plasticy franchise like horror. The USM Hummel Stadium or something equally horrific.
It's an interesting question you ask.

Personally, I have no interest in where Everton play one way or the other. As a club and a fanbase they seem to have abandoned what used to make them special anyway, so they don't seem interested in tradition anymore anyway.

Everton's take on new stadiums changes with the wind too. When Liverpool floated the idea of a new stadium in Stanley Park, all the noise coming from the Everton fanbase was telling us how they would be staying at an historic football ground, whilst we would be abandoning traditionl for a soulless monstrosity. We were told that history and tradition were everything back then.

Now, we are told history counts for nothing, and glass, concrete and bricks by a waterway is everything. So, it's difficult to know what people genuinely feel because their opinion changes like the weather does.

Everton have been so poorly run for so long that they'd painted themselves into a corner with the ground. Goodison is a shambling wreck now. Anyone who gets close up to it can see this, and no amount of cladding and mural tarps can hide the fact. They either have to move or have to redevelop before it's too late.

Any affection I once had for Everton is dead now, so I don't care what they do or where they go. I suppose if I took that out of the equation I'd arrive at an answer by looking at a club I do still have respect for rather than looking at Everton. Looking at Arsenal, I'd say that I do feel that much has been lost for them due to their move from Highbury to that awful thing they occupy now. They rake in more money, but have lost so much more with that move. Same aplies to West Ham. The just is still out on Spurs' new place as it's too early to tell.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
« Reply #28771 on: February 23, 2021, 01:26:26 pm »
I live in the area, it will be a shame to see it go. I have said many times though it will be good for the City overall if you relocate the Bramley Moore.

I have also said, I think you should have took the chance to redevelop and expand Goodison when the new Park End was built. I saw plans from blues who reckoned the Ground could have been developed one side and a time, how feasible these plans where I'm not sure.

I also quite honestly think, opposing teams will prefer and feel the benefit of playing in your new Stadium as much as you!

Goodison may be way past its sell by date, but to the the modern day footballer it can be a daunting place to play if your fans are up for it. With all due respect, it really is like playing a team from the lower divisions.

It could be argued Everton will lose that aspect of their home advantage if they move.

I will won't be jealous of your new Stadium, I love Anfield so much, and what they achieved in developing it is amazing, they just need to do the Annie Rd now, that is stil, a bit shit! Either way I wouldn't swap for any other stadium or location in the world.

Good luck with the move going the head, but I foresee a whole load of problems financing it.

Some good points here. Speaking without bias here, I don't think any team goes to play Everton at a full Goodison and looks forward to it. Certainly they don't go there expecting 3 points. Goodison over the last few years has become a cesspit, a vicious, unhappy place. I don't say that to take the piss by the way. The booing, the fans venting frustration because the team isn't living up to the expectations that the fans themselves over-estimated, the poor quality of football at times and the changing of managers etc. We even had a fan nearly lobbing his kid at an opponent's player. If that atmosphere is difficult for Everton it most definitely must be weird for opposing teams.

As for the new stadium (on the assumption it magically gets built), it will be a fresh, new beginning but with that is a void of history. Anfield, and other stadiums like it, have history just by looking at a photo of the place. Goals scored at a certain end, a winner here, the last minute winner there, the European night (take your pick) that is down in folklore on top of that. I mean you can go on and on. Goodison doesn't have that list but it does have something that they'll lose. They'll try their best to not have a soulless bowl, but doesn't every team say that when moving to a new stadium? Goodison is a big part of Everton's soul, for good and bad, and to potentially move into a shiny new place on the waterfront might not be what they hope for.

Online Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • BAGs
« Reply #28772 on: February 23, 2021, 01:34:57 pm »

I will won't be jealous of your new Stadium, I love Anfield so much, and what they achieved in developing it is amazing, they just need to do the Annie Rd now, that is still a bit shit! Either way I wouldn't swap for any other stadium or location in the world.

I think that bit in bold almost goes without saying.

I'd much rather Liverpool play Arsenal at the Emirates than Highbury, and much rather play Spurs at their new place (sorry, I've forgotten its name) than WHL. Same with West Ham, who are a far less daunting prospect at the althletics ground than they were at Upton Park.

I know Goodison is not really that passionate (I've been, so know from experience) unless it's a Derby game, but I think others, as well as us, would rather play Everton in a sanitised new environment than at Goodison.

I've yet to see a new build that is intimidating and that has added rather than taken away from the traditional atmosphere at a club. Maybe at BMD Evertonians might be less toxic and more positive, but only time will tell there, if it gets built.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young JŁrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Believer
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #28773 on: February 23, 2021, 01:36:21 pm »
Thing is, if they don't get it funded, they are fucked. If they do get it funded, they are also fucked, in an entirely different way.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • BAGs
« Reply #28774 on: February 23, 2021, 01:42:55 pm »
Thing is, if they don't get it funded, they are fucked. If they do get it funded, they are also fucked, in an entirely different way.
Genuine question.

Who, in their right mind, in the current global climate, would fund such a scheme? 

People are talking about a major recession or even a depression post-covid, so who is going to be interested in funding such a vanity project at this time?

Online Dim Glas

• Die NullfŁnfer. State of this profile. Itís like something youíd see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
« Reply #28775 on: February 23, 2021, 01:49:39 pm »

In a way itís a shame.

It was always a sort of weird thing with Liverpool that both clubs where so close geographically, so in that sense itís a shame, as it was almost an uniqueness to what is an unique city.

Another thing that I find a shame - and this goes for a lot of new stadium moves, not specifically Everton, is how it takes a team away from itís original community - Manchester City being a good example of this. Leaving the Moss Side/Rusholme area, for all itís bad parts - still very vibrant, to go to a soulless cookie-cutter stadium, and in Man Cityís case -in a soulless desolate part of the city.

Thereís a reason these gounds where in such communities, and sure, you can say football has moved on, but itís still sad to me to see these teams go from where they have been for so long.

Itís a shame clubs didnít do more for those communities rather than move the money elesewhere though, but thatís a whole different story.

From a fan perspective, my concern with Everton would be the cost and how itíll affect the team moving on. Everton have been one of the biggest spenders in the league the last few years, with only Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd I think spending more. Can that continue? IF this is a case of your dodgy Russian dumping in billions still, then for the sake of the club, hopefully it doesnít end in tears. 

With the way of the world now, Iíd be nervous about my team making such a move. Iíd be nervous if Liverpool go on with another stand re-buld at this stage, let alone anything else
"Iím pretty much used to nothing more in my life than to get up after a knock. Nothing has happened more often to me than this, so thatís no problemĒ - JŁrgen Klopp

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28776 on: February 23, 2021, 01:53:34 pm »
Hoping a shiny new stadium by the river works as well for them as it had done for Boro and Sunderland.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young JŁrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Believer
« Reply #28777 on: February 23, 2021, 01:57:29 pm »
Genuine question.

Who, in their right mind, in the current global climate, would fund such a scheme? 

People are talking about a major recession or even a depression post-covid, so who is going to be interested in funding such a vanity project at this time?
It's hard say. The obvious answer is Usmanov (who, despite the obvious doubts on here, does have some input behind the scenes) but even he would have to have doubts about the value of pouring funds into Everton like that. Even if he built the stadium (and hardly for free, as the Everton fans seem to think he will) it will not make an iota of difference to the current disparity between Everton and everyone else. Increasing their capacity by 10-15,000 will hardly improve revenue and they are miles behind in commercial funding.

Their accounts are also abysmal, they will probably incur FFP penalties this year or next. Their recent share issue is, as far as I can see, just loading more debt onto the club (framed as equity) though it would be interesting to hear Craig's views on that, as he is better at the accounts than the rest of us. What Moshiri did, as far as i can see, is pretty dubious. Issued a 100,000 shares and then bought the bulk to pay off the club's debts (debt's he had accrued). What I didn't see is whether he used his own money, or laid the cost of the shares on the club, Glazier style. Either way, I still think there is no way they can avoid contravening FFP, but I am not an accountant.

So, do they borrow against the club (doubtful, it's run a deficit three years running, last year was shocking), get money from Usmanov (why would he?) or mortgage their future one more time? They could be banking on making CL, but at this rate they will still only break even.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #28778 on: February 23, 2021, 01:57:32 pm »
Genuine question.

They've got it covered mate  :thumbsup

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28779 on: February 23, 2021, 02:03:46 pm »
Genuine question.

You would expect any organisation that has taken the project to planning stage, should have also planned for how they intend to finance it. Otherwise it's just throwing a substantial amount of money at the application, legal and drawings with no ability to get it off the ground - thus they'd be as well just burning those notes... it would be about as useful.

I personally hope they have funding and get it off the ground, it'll be a big albartross around their neck for at least a decade.

Online Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • BAGs
« Reply #28780 on: February 23, 2021, 02:04:43 pm »
It's hard say. The obvious answer is Usmanov (who, despite the obvious doubts on here, does have some input behind the scenes) but even he would have to have doubts about the value of pouring funds into Everton like that. Even if he built the stadium (and hardly for free, as the Everton fans seem to think he will) it will not make an iota of difference to the current disparity between Everton and everyone else. Increasing their capacity by 10-15,000 will hardly improve revenue and they are miles behind in commercial funding.

Their accounts are also abysmal, they will probably incur FFP penalties this year or next. Their recent share issue is, as far as I can see, just loading more debt onto the club (framed as equity) though it would be interesting to hear Craig's views on that, as he is better at the accounts than the rest of us. What Moshiri did, as far as i can see, is pretty dubious. Issued a 100,000 shares and then bought the bulk to pay off the club's debts (debt's he had accrued). What I didn't see is whether he used his own money, or laid the cost of the shares on the club, Glazier style. Either way, I still think there is no way they can avoid contravening FFP, but I am not an accountant.

So, do they borrow against the club (doubtful, it's run a deficit three years running, last year was shocking), get money from Usmanov (why would he?) or mortgage their future one more time? They could be banking on making CL, but at this rate they will still only break even.
Thanks.

It all looks so precious, doesn't it. More highly risky than well thought out. A huge gamble for all concerned. The last throw of the Everton dice?

Online Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • BAGs
« Reply #28781 on: February 23, 2021, 02:09:54 pm »
You would expect any organisation that has taken the project to planning stage, should have also planned for how they intend to finance it. Otherwise it's just throwing a substantial amount of money at the application, legal and drawings with no ability to get it off the ground - thus they'd be as well just burning those notes... it would be about as useful.

I personally hope they have funding and get it off the ground, it'll be a big albartross around their neck for at least a decade.
It will definitely be a millstone around their necks. They are struggling now, so God only knows how they'll cope with another monumental debt added to the ones they already have. Ticket prices will have to rise substantially too, and once the novelty wears off the fans will drift away once more.

Online Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • BAGs
« Reply #28782 on: February 23, 2021, 02:10:39 pm »
They've got it covered mate  :thumbsup
😁
Finally, we have the answer.

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28783 on: February 23, 2021, 03:42:32 pm »

Like many on here, and living in L12, I have absolutely no problem with the development of a run down area, that makes my City a better place. Hopefully it is then a catalyst for further development of a neglected area. The only doubt I have is the finance of the build, because I think itís going to be well in excess of the £500m that was suggested some time ago. I heard Usmanov is putting £100m into the project, so that leaves a huge gap to find.

I havenít heard of what May become of Goodison, but you have to spare a thought for all the local businesses that will lose custom as a result of the move, pubs, food outlets etc, itís peopleís livelihoods.

Contrary to what some Blues may think Iím not in the least bit jealous, just glad another part of our City has plans to improve it. I still hope the Reds can spoil the fun at the first Derby game there, and win!
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #28784 on: February 23, 2021, 06:02:48 pm »
Genuine question.

Money launderers ...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #28785 on: February 23, 2021, 06:23:18 pm »
Is it going to stay at this number though? Looking at the rise of £200m since 2017 I very much doubt it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 06:43:21 pm by mobydick »

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • kopite
« Reply #28786 on: February 23, 2021, 06:41:24 pm »
Anyone remember what our new Main Stand cost?
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online disgraced cake

• Believer
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #28787 on: February 23, 2021, 06:42:09 pm »
'It's a good time to be a blue' - Evertonians say unironically, as they near a 26th year since silverware was last clinched
Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, 1 Club World Cup. We live the dream.

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28788 on: February 23, 2021, 06:47:02 pm »

FC Big Stand.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • J.F.T.96
« Reply #28789 on: February 23, 2021, 07:53:20 pm »
Fuck them. Let them move to a stadium next to a sewage works.

Should re brand themselves as Bramley Moore FC.

Online Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • BAGs
« Reply #28790 on: February 23, 2021, 07:58:48 pm »
Fuck them. Let them move to a stadium next to a sewage works.

Should re brand themselves as Bramley Moore FC.
It's down as a sewage works extension on the planning application, I believe.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Kopite
« Reply #28791 on: February 23, 2021, 08:55:47 pm »

Sure it was about £120m.

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Main Stander
« Reply #28792 on: February 23, 2021, 10:18:26 pm »

The way I read the share issue was that itís a way of Moshiri to pump money into the club to help improve the balance sheet. The 100,000 of shares at 3000 each is a new investment into Everton of 300m.

He already put in 135m to purchase his 77% and another 350m in director loans. Apparently with this new investment (300m) 200m of it will be to increase his ownership to 92% and in return heís gonna write off 100m off the director loans heís owed. Will be owed 250m still.

The final 100m of the latest investment will go towards the new stadium and in return the shares released will increase his ownership up to 99%.

Dodgy as fuck that he paid 135m for 77% and a further 300m for the remaining 22 odd %. I guessing as the investment goes into the club under the guise of buying shares then it circumvents ffp but he wonít be able to do that going forward as effectively he owns the whole club. His total investment will stand at 685m. They reckon 100m from Moshiri last investment (share issue) + 100m sponsership ( usm ? Again dodgy as fuck as Spurs still havenít got a sponser for theirs but these schmuks have already had 30m with another 100m promised) and the rest borrowed will fund the stadium.

Iím no accountant like but Moshiri would have to sell Everton for over a billion to break even.

On 300m finance @ 5% they be looking at 15m per yr in interest alone.

Also I believe once planning permission granted they can capitalise previous stadium expenditure so I could be wrong but all of these done (new investment & previous expenditure capitalised) might put them back in profit and be a perfect time to apply for stadium finance.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:22:53 pm by AnthonyStabile »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #28793 on: February 23, 2021, 11:15:15 pm »
Well surprise surprise!
Some of my bitter mates who I haven't heard from in years are texting and giving me stick.
I've never, not even once, given them any stick about the derby results when they've gone our way.
Bitter, bitter, gobshites  :wanker

If a shooting star is in the sky then it does not get mentioned, if it's a comet it does.

Comets are very rare.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #28794 on: February 23, 2021, 11:23:41 pm »
If a shooting star is in the sky then it does not get mentioned, if it's a comet it does.

Comets are very rare.
Seems that their comet is on a 22 year orbit  :thumbup

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #28795 on: February 23, 2021, 11:26:06 pm »
The thing is, we built a main stand, a revenue raiser from corporate hospitality that a club like Liverpool can bring in. Everton do not have the base for that national and international hospitality money like Spurs, United, Chelsea and Arsenal also have.

14,000 extra seats at £40 per game, at best 25 games a season (assuming full).

That's £14m a year. That's 36 years just to pay off the capital. Yes there will be some corporate and entertainment revenue and a small amount of revenue from Goodison (albeit substantially less than Highbury and mainly involving recycled timber)

They need prolonged success to raise revenue at a time when revenues are falling, without an international fan base and competing against Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, United, City (who, let's face it even we face challenges competing with).

They have spent a fortune and their prospects are no better than that of West Ham in terms of joining the elite. Indeed, how ironic it would be if Moyes, still relatively young compared to Carlo, were to repeat what he did at Everton and turn them into the team that keeps Everton out of Europe and the success they crave.

It is a massive gamble.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • ďThe Ribbons are RedĒ
« Reply #28796 on: February 23, 2021, 11:48:05 pm »
We didn't do fuck all but score two and defend well. You did neither.
Hello.
Been away have you?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline DonkeyWan

• Believer
« Reply #28797 on: February 24, 2021, 12:08:17 am »

The way I read the share issue was that itís a way of Moshiri to pump money into the club to help improve the balance sheet. The 100,000 of shares at 3000 each is a new investment into Everton of 300m.

He already put in 135m to purchase his 77% and another 350m in director loans. Apparently with this new investment (300m) 200m of it will be to increase his ownership to 92% and in return heís gonna write off 100m off the director loans heís owed. Will be owed 250m still.

The final 100m of the latest investment will go towards the new stadium and in return the shares released will increase his ownership up to 99%.

Dodgy as fuck that he paid 135m for 77% and a further 300m for the remaining 22 odd %. I guessing as the investment goes into the club under the guise of buying shares then it circumvents ffp but he wonít be able to do that going forward as effectively he owns the whole club. His total investment will stand at 685m. They reckon 100m from Moshiri last investment (share issue) + 100m sponsership ( usm ? Again dodgy as fuck as Spurs still havenít got a sponser for theirs but these schmuks have already had 30m with another 100m promised) and the rest borrowed will fund the stadium.

Iím no accountant like but Moshiri would have to sell Everton for over a billion to break even.

On 300m finance @ 5% they be looking at 15m per yr in interest alone.

Also I believe once planning permission granted they can capitalise previous stadium expenditure so I could be wrong but all of these done (new investment & previous expenditure capitalised) might put them back in profit and be a perfect time to apply for stadium finance.

Ahh, that is clearly different to what I thought. Looking around, you are quite right that he appears to have put the money in himself, but it seems it was used to clear debt. So, they are running out of options at this point.

Online Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • BAGs
« Reply #28798 on: February 24, 2021, 12:14:15 am »
Hello.
Been away have you?
I knew a long lost blue would turn up on here around Derby Day. I just didn't know which one it would be.

On a personal note, I only know a very few blues, but the ones I know are good people as well as good football fans. I've not heard a peep from them since the game at Anfield. Not a peep. No coming out of the woodwork after 22 years to be cocky. Mind you, I've never given them grief for the last 22 years either.

I like that. No bullshit. Just mutual respect.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #28799 on: February 24, 2021, 11:05:16 am »
I'm not sure there's that much to be cocky about.
We gave them a good chance a couple of years back by playing the kids and they messed that one up.
This time we were without 4 CBs plus some other players, were low on confidence due to injuries and the effect of some "strange" reffing.
Then we lose a 5th CB in the first half and have to contend with yet more virtually unprecedented interpretations of the LOTG.

For once, Everton achieved what they should have done.