Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 407563 times)

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Exactly they're all at home conjuring up conspiracy theories on their mums laptops! lol

Most of them are in Rhyl

Online Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
Quote from Toffeeweb;

Dan Sanderson 104 Posted 09/10/2019 at 13:57:29

Any manager in the rumour columns at this point in time is being angled in for the Man U job, Howe or Arteta for me, fed up of this foreign shite

And the Response;

Iain Latchford105 Posted 09/10/2019 at 14:03:48

Arteta is Spanish.

;D ;D ;D

:duh :duh
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
 ;D

Online Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • Nullius in verba, omnia probate, sapere aude
What I'd like to know is what drug exactly do they think Milner, say, is taking to make him into a great player all of a sudden. I mean I know that PEDs can make you run faster or for longer, or not get tired so soon or become stronger, and there may be drugs that make you more resistent to injury (no idea if there are, I'm just guessing here) but what drugs are there that actually make you into a brilliant player, with skills and techniques and vision and game intelligence and impact?

I ask this partly to reassure myself that Bitters are not perpetuating a calumny against us, but mostly so that I can take such drugs myself!
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Online Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
You nailed it too.

They threw hundreds of millions of pounds away on average players but thought they were in the big time because of it. As you suggest, big money doesn't always equate to big player and big success. There is a lot more to it than that. Often, the very shrewd buy or even the free can be just what you need. Look at Milner and, of course, Gary Mac. It's a bit like having a 20 grand car that needs a replacement part that costs 20 quid in order for it to tick over perfectly. Sometimes, it's the inexpensive but very important part that makes the difference. With everything else already in place and working well, the right man coming in to add to it doesn't necessarily need to cost £100m and be a single-handed world beater.

The learning curve we have been on and are still on has provided the Bitters with some short-lived laughs, but it's an integral and essential part of our progress and eventual success. Ten years ago we almost went out of business. Now, we are European Champions. This happens by design, not accident. It also happens when very talented people make it happen. In contrast, Everton act like a club and fanbase that thinks all you have to do is throw the jigsaw up in the air and it lands on the floor already completed. They totally overlook that we had to first decide what our picture was to look like, then we had to identify the pieces, sort them out then painstakingly put them all together. Many mistakes were made along the way, but a willingness to learn meant we (the club/fans as a whole) never gave up. What we see now is the reward for all that incredibly hard work, and the picture isn't even complete yet.

Whilst our club continue to work extremely hard, Everton continue to throw the jigsaw into the air and pray that it finally lands complete, without any of the hard work and without any of the learning curve that goes with success. To make matters worse, every time the jigsaw lands in a jumbled mess on the floor, they blame outside factors rather than rethink their approach. After decades of blaming everyone but themselves and seeing that approach get them nowhere, you'd think they'd start to take some personal responsibility, but no...   ::)
Brilliant post mate; love the jigsaw analogy  :thumbup
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Online Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
Brilliant post mate; love the jigsaw analogy  :thumbup

The jigsaw always comes to mind with Everton.  :)

Who was that striker they had who they called Jigsaw because he always went to pieces in the box?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
The jigsaw always comes to mind with Everton.  :)

Who was that striker they had who they called Jigsaw because he always went to pieces in the box?

Stuart Barlow

Signed from non-league football, Barlow never had the ability to be a success in the Premier League. To his credit, the forward’s effort could not be faulted and he was blessed with great pace. However, the lacklustre forward failed miserably when it came to putting the ball in the back of the net.

The nicknames of ‘Barn door’, because he couldn’t hit one and ‘Jigsaw’ because he went to pieces in the box, tell you all you need to know about Barlow’s time at Goodison Park. His performances were summed up by missing three clear cut chances in a Merseyside Derby, for which he will forever be remembered.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
What I'd like to know is what drug exactly do they think Milner, say, is taking to make him into a great player all of a sudden. I mean I know that PEDs can make you run faster or for longer, or not get tired so soon or become stronger, and there may be drugs that make you more resistent to injury (no idea if there are, I'm just guessing here) but what drugs are there that actually make you into a brilliant player, with skills and techniques and vision and game intelligence and impact?

I ask this partly to reassure myself that Bitters are not perpetuating a calumny against us, but mostly so that I can take such drugs myself!

This drugs conspiracy is all very odd, isn't it. There are plenty of drugs that might make you think you're a brilliant player, but I don't think there are any that can turn an average player into a good one. Basically, if you are a bag of shite with a football, just being able to run fractionally faster for a bit longer isn't really going to help you. They may well help performance in sports that require simple stamina and speed such as running or cycling, or brute force such as lifting, but football, as we all know, requires a lot more than that. No drug is ever going to give an average player extra skills and talent. If that's not there, it's not there.

Also, although I have to be honest and say I'm not really clued up on PEDs, I've always had the impression that they could actually increase your risk of injury. I could be totally wrong there, and if I am I'm sure someone will put me straight, but that's always been my thinking on it. My reason for arriving at that conclusion is that any extra you might get out of the drug would push your body closer to its limits. A bit like if you have had a Corsa for 10 years then you put a Ferrari engine in it, if you floor the gas you are going to shake your Corsa to bits. You are going to break it. My, quite possibly, flawed thinking assumed the human body would be fairly similar.

Mind you, I'm aware that I'm/we are giving our Bitter and Twisted neighbours too much credibility by even replying to these kinds of ludicrous conspiracy theories, but what the hell, it can be fun. Listening to their ever increasing paranoia and desperation is rather hilarious.  :D

Online Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer

Stuart Barlow

Signed from non-league football, Barlow never had the ability to be a success in the Premier League. To his credit, the forward’s effort could not be faulted and he was blessed with great pace. However, the lacklustre forward failed miserably when it came to putting the ball in the back of the net.

The nicknames of ‘Barn door’, because he couldn’t hit one and ‘Jigsaw’ because he went to pieces in the box, tell you all you need to know about Barlow’s time at Goodison Park. His performances were summed up by missing three clear cut chances in a Merseyside Derby, for which he will forever be remembered.

Ah yes.  :D

I can't quite picture him in my mind, but the name rings a bell.

It's nice to remember the time when the Bitters still had a sense of humour. The 'Dissa' nickname for Neil Pointon was a classic. I only remember his name because of that nickname they gave him.  :)

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Quote from Toffeeweb;

Dan Sanderson 104 Posted 09/10/2019 at 13:57:29

Any manager in the rumour columns at this point in time is being angled in for the Man U job, Howe or Arteta for me, fed up of this foreign shite

And the Response;

Iain Latchford105 Posted 09/10/2019 at 14:03:48

Arteta is Spanish.

;D ;D ;D

Yeah, but he voted for it.

Offline demain

• ne sait jamais
  • Anny Roader
  • 'The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy.'
The bitter argument on PEDs is somewhat similar to some of the aspersions against Guardiola's teams. They are claiming that our players are coked up to the eyeballs to be able to run longer and faster than our opponents. Milner is the poster child for this allegation simply because he is the fittest member of our team. Given the pitiful drugs testing protocols in football, I can loosely understand why an opposition fan would use that line of thinking to reconcile their opinion of Liverpool players.

The second PED-related allegation on it making our players resistant to injuries is admittedly more difficult to square. PEDs don't necessarily make you resistant to injury but do help in hastening the recovery process. I am not sure how that conspiracy adds up given that our players haven't typically recovered from knocks and injuries beyond the usual timeframe. But they wouldn't be Everton fans without deranged exaggerations.
Je marcherai les yeux fixés sur mes pensées,
Sans rien voir au dehors, sans entendre aucun bruit,
Seul, inconnu, le dos courbé, les mains croisées,
Triste, et le jour pour moi sera comme la nuit

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk
  • Believer
  • Indefatigability
If drugs are being used then why are only Liverpool and City doing it? Plus, if those two sides were doing it then it would be known throughout the football community and swiftly exposed. Where’s the whistleblower?

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Believer
If drugs are being used then why are only Liverpool and City doing it? Plus, if those two sides were doing it then it would be known throughout the football community and swiftly exposed. Where’s the whistleblower?

I think we get our players to sign a non disclosure agreement in their contracts  effective for both when they are playing and after they leave to say they won’t disclose details of the PEDs Klopp is feeding them.

Genius really.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline demain

• ne sait jamais
  • Anny Roader
  • 'The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy.'

Of course, there's never been anything to suggest that Liverpool are involved.

However, I won't be surprised if Fifa has been brushing stuff under the carpet and turning a blind eye.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gyk8a3/an-ex-professional-soccer-player-explains-how-easy-it-is-to-dope

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6422617/Sergio-Ramos-failed-drugs-test-2017-Champions-League-final.html

https://talksport.com/football/585125/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-riyad-mahrez-drug-tested-concerns/
Je marcherai les yeux fixés sur mes pensées,
Sans rien voir au dehors, sans entendre aucun bruit,
Seul, inconnu, le dos courbé, les mains croisées,
Triste, et le jour pour moi sera comme la nuit

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats!
  • Believer
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://twitter.com/CaponsSausages
Where the fuck do they find a virgin in Liverpool? ;D
Ye know what Vampires are like mate,Theyre pretentious twats. They just tell people that they only drink virgins blood to look cool. It's probably some fat chippie dinner slag from Kenny
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://twitter.com/Kabu_Dracus

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Oh dear.
The calls to give the job to Jose are increasing.
They have the money, and he can give them the short term success to kick start their success.

Sadly I don’t think they have the money anymore.

Anyone else find it funny that EFCs PR machine has been ominously silent about BMD
Meis has come out and denied the rumours, Uncle Joe has come out and denied the rumours, (but appears to be basing his denial on the fact that the club haven’t told him a thing!)  yet the club, who must be aware of the rumours are content to stay silent. Surely they would want to reassure their fans that everything was hunky dory?
Come on Dawn we need to know that Operation Millstone Is still on.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Oh dear.
The calls to give the job to Jose are increasing.
They have the money, and he can give them the short term success to kick start their success.

Sadly I don’t think they have the money anymore.

Anyone else find it funny that EFCs PR machine has been ominously silent about BMD
Meis has come out and denied the rumours, Uncle Joe has come out and denied the rumours, (but appears to be basing his denial on the fact that the club haven’t told him a thing!)  yet the club, who must be aware of the rumours are content to stay silent. Surely they would want to reassure their fans that everything was hunky dory?
Come on Dawn we need to know that Operation Millstone Is still on.

Well Mourinho has said he wants to come back to the PL.

Whether he would go to a club with a dysfunctional board, a toxic fan base and insufficient funds to satisfy his expensive tastes in players is another matter.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Believer
  • Yeah right..
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Kekuleyule y'all!

• Believer
Well Mourinho has said he wants to come back to the PL.

Whether he would go to a club with a dysfunctional board, a toxic fan base and insufficient funds to satisfy his expensive tastes in players is another matter.

Well, he went to Manchester United and they've got two out of the three...

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
Ye know what Vampires are like mate,Theyre pretentious twats. They just tell people that they only drink virgins blood to look cool. It's probably some fat chippie dinner slag from Kenny

Apart from Milner, he'll deffo be on the 100% posh tee-total, non smoker, vegan stuff

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Believer

It's no coincidence that Liverpool and Deadpool share part of their names.

Ajax didn't die. He just took up residence in Melwood.

Trump on Jeffrey Epstein:
"I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Well, he went to Manchester United and they've got two out of the three...

The insufficient funds thing would be a dealbreaker with Mourinho though, he's probably only coming back to the PL if something like that Newcastle takeover happened and for some reason they wanted to pay for his shitty style of football.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
The insufficient funds thing would be a dealbreaker with Mourinho though, he's probably only coming back to the PL if something like that Newcastle takeover happened and for some reason they wanted to pay for his shitty style of football.

What are you talking about? They're rich mate.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
We're back on our perch. Top of the tree.                               
  While your fuckin' rottin' in the bottom 3. Oh Everton, Everton we're all laughin' at you...
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
What are you talking about? They're rich mate.

No, they are “fuckin’” rich. Not just rich.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
No, they are “fuckin’” rich. Not just rich.

Think you'll find it's "fu©kin rich" ;D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
It's rich that they think they're rich... :lmao

Offline aw1991

• Kopite
Everton = rich
Pickford = can't rich

Offline 4pool

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
For those on GOT--Toffeeweb

Jose Mourinho has turned down the opportunity to speak to Lyon over the vacant manager role, as he is looking for a project at a top club.

The Portuguese manager has been out of work since he was dismissed by Manchester United in December 2018 and was heavily linked with the Real Madrid job, before Zinedine Zidane returned towards the end of last season.

Online Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
For those on GOT--Toffeeweb

Jose Mourinho has turned down the opportunity to speak to Lyon over the vacant manager role, as he is looking for a project at a top club.

The Portuguese manager has been out of work since he was dismissed by Manchester United in December 2018 and was heavily linked with the Real Madrid job, before Zinedine Zidane returned towards the end of last season.
Well that rules out Everton then.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
Well that rules out Everton then.

They're at the top of Spellow lane, does that count?

Online Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
They're at the top of Spellow lane, does that count?
It probably does in their version of reality.

Offline Rosario

• Main Stander

2:30am. Amazing. Up talking about redshite conspiracies.

Thank fuck I'm manufactured.

Their ability to downplay our team to make them seem second rate never stops astounding me. I would like to know when fully fit what club has a better back 5 in world football than us? Throw in Fabinho as the current best DM in the world or at least in the top 3 and you start to get a picture of just how good we are. Our midfield maybe lacks a bit of creativity at times but that is also a bit down to the system we play at time plus hopefully we can integrate Keita and Ox into the side in the next month or two which will only see us improve further.

Our front 3 speak for themselves 3 of the best players at their positions and roles in the world and even when not in the best of form can trouble any team. On the bench we just have 2 CB's that would be starting for most sides except ours plus we have have the gadget man that is James Milner that can cover both fullback positions plus a variety of roles in midfield. Depth behind the front 3 might be lacking but wait oh that's right we just have the living legend himself otherwise known as Divock Origi to come on and win us a game or two as our blue brothers know only to well.

But nah you're right we're shit  ::)

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
You nailed it too.

They threw hundreds of millions of pounds away on average players but thought they were in the big time because of it. As you suggest, big money doesn't always equate to big player and big success. There is a lot more to it than that. Often, the very shrewd buy or even the free can be just what you need. Look at Milner and, of course, Gary Mac. It's a bit like having a 20 grand car that needs a replacement part that costs 20 quid in order for it to tick over perfectly. Sometimes, it's the inexpensive but very important part that makes the difference. With everything else already in place and working well, the right man coming in to add to it doesn't necessarily need to cost £100m and be a single-handed world beater.

The learning curve we have been on and are still on has provided the Bitters with some short-lived laughs, but it's an integral and essential part of our progress and eventual success. Ten years ago we almost went out of business. Now, we are European Champions. This happens by design, not accident. It also happens when very talented people make it happen. In contrast, Everton act like a club and fanbase that thinks all you have to do is throw the jigsaw up in the air and it lands on the floor already completed. They totally overlook that we had to first decide what our picture was to look like, then we had to identify the pieces, sort them out then painstakingly put them all together. Many mistakes were made along the way, but a willingness to learn meant we (the club/fans as a whole) never gave up. What we see now is the reward for all that incredibly hard work, and the picture isn't even complete yet.

Whilst our club continue to work extremely hard, Everton continue to throw the jigsaw into the air and pray that it finally lands complete, without any of the hard work and without any of the learning curve that goes with success. To make matters worse, every time the jigsaw lands in a jumbled mess on the floor, they blame outside factors rather than rethink their approach. After decades of blaming everyone but themselves and seeing that approach get them nowhere, you'd think they'd start to take some personal responsibility, but no...   ::)

Spot on, especially the bold bit.

Because they've had 25-30 years of mediocrity they've lost the concept of what it is to build something.  Plus, City coming effectively from nowhere has given them a warped perception of what it takes to become competitive, ie, just throw money at it until something sticks.

As I said, they laughed at our failures and scorned our successes, but have been unable to link the two together and see it's all part of the same progress curve - one that will sometimes dip, but will mostly go steadily upwards.  They can't get their head around the fact that so many players at a club that was falling short are now part of a team that is challenging and winning.  It's like a blind spot to them. They think we should always continue to fall short because it's what they've done for 30 odd years.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2018 Champion Tipster
greatest goal ever scored at Goodison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl5_W51cr5U

Offline JC the Messiah

• Kopite
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
When they say our players must be on drugs, or we're somehow cheating with the FA, or whatever, it's a bloody great compliment.

They're basically saying we're incredible.
"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005         

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

I raise you a John Barnes

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_-ISRfslCb4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_-ISRfslCb4</a>

Online Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
When they say our players must be on drugs, or we're somehow cheating with the FA, or whatever, it's a bloody great compliment.

They're basically saying we're incredible.

If you read between the lines by removing the bitterness and the stupidity, that's exactly what they are saying.

Online Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
Spot on, especially the bold bit.

Because they've had 25-30 years of mediocrity they've lost the concept of what it is to build something.  Plus, City coming effectively from nowhere has given them a warped perception of what it takes to become competitive, ie, just throw money at it until something sticks.

As I said, they laughed at our failures and scorned our successes, but have been unable to link the two together and see it's all part of the same progress curve - one that will sometimes dip, but will mostly go steadily upwards.  They can't get their head around the fact that so many players at a club that was falling short are now part of a team that is challenging and winning.  It's like a blind spot to them. They think we should always continue to fall short because it's what they've done for 30 odd years.

Yes, I definitely think the Abu Dhabi factor has played a big part with how they've acted with the hundreds of millions they've wasted. Like the BS, Man City were a shite wilderness club before Abu Dhabi rolled up. Maybe lashing the cash looked like a good model to follow once the Bitters were also ''Fuckin' Rich'' on Moshi's billions. The thing is, Abu Dhabi had a cohesive plan. Love him or hate him, they employed a very good manager, a proven manager with a chequebook, in Guardiola. They brought in proven quality players too, and although they are cheating scumbags, they brought in people who could run the franchise well. All Everton did was blow big money on average players and duff managers. The whole club also appears directionless.

In itself, throwing stupid money around just isn't enough, but the Bitters thought that was all you needed to do. They told us that if they had our money they'd eclipse us, yet they've outspent us now, and are in the relegation zone while we are champions of Europe. It seems they've had to learn the hard way that success has many components. Money is, of course, one, but there are many other factors to get right too.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

I see you and raise you a Sandy Brown header🤣
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."