Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 916047 times)

Offline courty61

• Believer
  • Never Buy The S*n
In terms of Rafa I can actually see him wanting to manage them. And I personally wouldn't have a problem with it.

Family still in West Kirkby. Would make sense.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

2:30am. Amazing. Up talking about redshite conspiracies.

Thank fuck I'm manufactured.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
In terms of Rafa I can actually see him wanting to manage them. And I personally wouldn't have a problem with it.

They would though :lmao

Seriously though, I'd rather Rafa swerved them if ever offered the job. It is too toxic a place, he and his family are good people, they do not deserve the hatred that would be thrown their way if things didn't work out.

Offline Studgotelli

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Oh dear lord some of them are embarrassing themselves.

Got told by one of the mancs in my footy group - Apparently some of the blues believe that we are using performance enhancing blood through transfusion method. This is supposedly not detectable by the drug tests because it only detects drugs and not blood. This is seemingly the only logical explanation for our performances ever since the first leg Barca game because there is "no other way" that the players are this fit and free from injuries.

:lmao

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Oh dear lord some of them are embarrassing themselves.

Got told by one of the mancs in my footy group - Apparently some of the blues believe that we are using performance enhancing blood through transfusion method. This is supposedly not detectable by the drug tests because it only detects drugs and not blood. This is seemingly the only logical explanation for our performances ever since the first leg Barca game because there is "no other way" that the players are this fit and free from injuries.

Its true - here the proof, taken with a hidden camera at Melwood

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
That lad is up at 2.30am on a Wednesday morning talking about Liverpool on an Everton forum.

;D
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register.
  • Believer
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
At least some of the lads on Toffeeweb still have a sense of humour left:

From the Burnley game thread:

"shall we practice crossing today boss?"
"nah, you're fine"
"ok, how about passing"
"nah you're good"
"finishing?"
"I think we've got that sorted lads"
"down the pub then boss?"
"why not?"
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite

They include the likes of Fletcher, Park, Nani and Anderson as if they were all world class and are better than anyone we have in midfield.

Also, every Man City player is World Class?  Really? Zinchenko, Otamendi, Stones, Walker and Mahrez for a start all play fairly regularly and none of them are world class.  It's amazing how they downplay our team

Online Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Worrisome tomes
Did that once; got banned from the library  :(
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
"Wow, this Liverpool team really are something else. Organised, supremely fit, well managed and fantastic to watch. Thing is, I can't admit that, so I'll make up a bizarre fantasy to explain it all away instead, even though it makes me look incredibly stupid."

Isn't it funny how they say we are injury-free despite being severely hampered by injury for the second leg of the Barcelona tie and having lost the best keeper in the league since the first day of the season due to calf injury.

There was a particularly batshit city fan on 606 at the weekend ranting about how badly hit by injuries they had been and stating that we hadn't had any, as if losing the best keeper in the world wouldn't harm a teams chances more than any other position.  ::)

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Talk of the Moyesiah returning to them  ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
I stopped reading after they considered Pickford a hit at £30m.

Maybe they just missed off an s from that?

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
another first
• Everton players have only scored two goals with their feet
bollocks

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Imagine if they build the thing and then have to close it after a  few years because it becomes unsafe.  ;D

Listening to some of them you'd think our players were vampires living off the blood of virgins.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
I heard a rumor that Liverpool players are vampires living off the blood of virgins.

I think this should be checked out.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
I heard a rumor that Liverpool players are vampires living off the blood of virgins.

Probably why we seem a bit off the pace in early kickoffs.....
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
He'd still fit in well

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
He'd still fit in well

That poster would fit in well with Father Ted.

Offline S

• pineless
  • Believer
  • Tonight, Tonight
FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)
« Reply #7538 on: October 9, 2019, 01:13:42 PM »
That would be a bit depressing for both sides.

Moyes left in 2013 for his dream job. His United contract only ran out earlier this year. He’d return with his reputation worse than when he left.

In 2013 Everton had the optimism that comes with change. Martinez, “Unzy”, Koeman, “Unzy” Part 2, Big Sam, Silva...all to end up with Moyes again.

Where did those six years go?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

They haven’t forgiven him for calling them a small club...
Koemann’s red tree is a minor irritant compared to Rafa.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• A cow, a moose and a dog walk into a bar. Mazdamaniac? Mazdad? Mazduh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.

I dont think Rafa will go to a club where he is already hated beyond passion. Not especially after Chelsea.

Atleast with Chelsea, you could imagine as its based in London. Everton? Probably not.

Offline Caligula?

• Mr Negativity here, I’m worried about... Everything. In no danger of saying anything positive about anyone or anything any time soon.....
  • Believer
  • I live!
Few alike doing the rounds..

"the kit man had to drive him home"  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

That surely has to be a piss take

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
At least some of the lads on Toffeeweb still have a sense of humour left:

From the Burnley game thread:

"shall we practice crossing today boss?"
"nah, you're fine"
"ok, how about passing"
"nah you're good"
"finishing?"
"I think we've got that sorted lads"
"down the pub then boss?"
"why not?"

That was the Kendall way. Remember once seeing him and his team in The Sefton in West Derby, Sat 6pm -just off the bus from their game. (1981/82?]
They were already into the ale.
Kendall left a note (£20) behind the bar for a drink and left. Alan Biley promply announced he was on the “bourbon and coke”.
We left about 7 and they were well on the way to being pissed.
There were some legendary boozers in that team. Some shite players as well.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
That would be a bit depressing for both sides.

Moyes left in 2013 for his dream job. His United contract only ran out earlier this year. He’d return with his reputation worse than when he left.

In 2013 Everton had the optimism that comes with change. Martinez, “Unzy”, Koeman, “Unzy” Part 2, Big Sam, Silva...all to end up with Moyes again.

Where did those six years go?

Once, Everton was a club you went to.  Now it's a club you end up at. 

Moyes was once a manager a club went for.  Now he's a manager a club ends up with.

If would be poetic for Moyes to end up back at Everton, and for Everton to end up with Moyes.  Talk about co-dependency.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
That was the Kendall way. Remember once seeing him and his team in The Sefton in West Derby, Sat 6pm -just off the bus from their game. (1981/82?]
They were already into the ale.
Kendall left a note (£20) behind the bar for a drink and left. Alan Biley promply announced he was on the “bourbon and coke”.
We left about 7 and they were well on the way to being pissed.
There were some legendary boozers in that team. Some shite players as well.

These days players have to make a lot of sacrifices in order to play the game at the highest level.  I imagine any number of them have to avoid drinking quite a bit, at least until the end of the season and or you win something, so you can go completely mental like Becker. ;D

But imagine making all those kinds of sacrifices and still essentially being a crap player, stuck at Everton of all places?
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
Imagine if they build the thing and then have to close it after a  few years because it becomes unsafe.  ;D

You never know, do you. I recall not long ago a part of the Liverpool 2 project at Seaforth collapsed and had to be infilled again.

That only had cranes on it, not a football stadium.
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
There was a particularly batshit city fan on 606 at the weekend ranting about how badly hit by injuries they had been and stating that we hadn't had any, as if losing the best keeper in the world wouldn't harm a teams chances more than any other position.  ::)

They only see what they want to see. Anything that doesn't fit their weird narrative is rejected. Same goes for the Mersey Bitters.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.

The sad thing is they simply do not understand the concept of building a good team as opposed to having a team of good individuals, and of also having the right manager and the right backroom staff.

What is happening here is something I also remember from our glory decades. We have in place a set-up that is so good at what it does, it makes it look simplistic and easy. This means people are left scratching their heads as to why they cannot replicate it themselves. It looks so simple on the surface, but underneath an awful lot of things have to be got right and by an awful lot of people. We currently have the right owners for LFC, who recruited the right manager who, in turn, brought in the right players for his needs as well as very good back room staff. Klopp also brought the whole club and fanbase together as a cohesive unit. We have some world class talent both on and off the pitch, but the whole is still greater than the sum of its parts.

When you get it right, it looks easy, and others question how you make it look so easy. The reality is that it's very, very difficult to get right, and it takes talent, patience and endless amount of blood, sweat and tears. It takes character-building experiences too. Remember Seville and then Madrid in Kiev, well when you are willing to learn from your mistakes and have the backbone to carry on, these things bring mental toughness and character. How the Bitters laughed after Kiev, but I always knew it would become part of what would eventually see us have the mentality of giants. That would have either made us or broke us, but under Klopp I knew it would make us.

Bitters are scratching their heads because they are witnessing things they don't recognise. Things like real talent, guts, togetherness, determination, will, willingness to risk failure in order to learn and grow, patience, character etc... They simply do not recognise what it takes, and because Klopp's talent and management makes it all look so easy they can't get their heads around it.

I understand that they have to scratch around in the dirt desperately hoping something is dodgy. The alternative is to accept reality and acknowledge that Liverpool are brilliant at the moment. We know how that lot shun the pain of reality, and this is why they will continue scratching around desperately in the dirt. A shame really, because they could always spend their time more productively by concentrating on their own club and the dire mess it's in from top to bottom.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2019, 05:51:18 PM by Sons of pioneerS »

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
The sad thing is they simply do not understand the concept of building a good team as opposed to having a team of good individuals, and of also having the right manager and the right backroom staff.

What is happening here is something I also remember from our glory decades. We have in place a set-up that is so good at what it does, it makes it look simplistic and easy. This means people are left scratching their heads as to why they cannot replicate it themselves. It looks so simple on the surface, but underneath an awful lot of things have to be got right and by an awful lot of people. We currently have the right owners for LFC, who recruited the right manager who, in turn, brought in the right players for his needs as well as very good back room staff. Klopp also brought the whole club and fanbase together as a cohesive unit. We have some world class talent both on and off the pitch, but the whole is still greater than the sum of its parts.

When you get it right, it looks easy, and others question how you make it look so easy. The reality is that it's very, very difficult to get right, and it takes talent, patience and endless amount of blood, sweat and tears. It takes character-building experiences too. Remember Seville and then Madrid in Kiev, well when you are willing to learn from your mistakes and have the backbone to carry on, these things bring mental toughness and character. How the Bitters laughed after Kiev, but I always knew it would become part of what would eventually see us have the mentality of giants. That would have either made us or broke us, but under Klopp I knew it would make us.

Bitters are scratching their heads because they are witnessing things they don't recognise. Things like real talent, guts, togetherness, determination, will, willingness to risk failure in order to learn and grow, patience, character etc... They simply do not recognise what it takes, and because Klopp's talent and management makes it all look so easy they can't get their heads around it.

I understand that they have to scratch around in the dirt desperately hoping something is dodgy. The alternative is to accept reality and acknowledge that Liverpool are brilliant at the moment. We know how that lot shun the pain of reality, and this is why they will continue scratching around desperately in the dirt. A shame really, because they could always spend their time more productively by concentrating on their own club and the dire mess it's in from top to bottom.

Fab post. :wellin

I'd also add that Everton fans confuse a having a good team to an expensive one.  This feeds into the narrative you lay out because, for them, players like Milner can't possibly be much good because we got him on a free; and the likes of Henderson is just a clogger.

As you say, so much has to go right for it all to work, and it doesn't go right by accident.  The Bitters fail to make the link between where we were when FSG took over and where we are now; they don't understand the learning curve the owners were on as they experimented with different formats, set ups, approaches to transfers etc. 

But they DID learn, which is something those behind the scenes at Everton never have done - they just keep stumbling from one manager to another, one transfer window to another, one owner to another, hoping something or somebody will just click and make it all better for them.

Everton take our successes and failures in isolation, laughing at the latter and scorning the former, without seeing the progression.  The best thing for us now is that we can take one very good person out and replace them with another very good person and the set up will just carry on with nary a blip - just like with the old Boot Room. 

This is the mistake Souness made when he came rampaging in, throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.  Whoever follows Klopp will be very carefully chosen.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Look it's basically this - If this Jurgen Klopp side was any other side other than Liverpool, they would be saying it was a brilliant side and how lucky the premier league are to have two of the best teams in the world, playing in the premier league at the same time. But it's not another team, it's us. So they go out of their way, looking for any old excuse to discredit us. It's both sad and pathetic, but that's what their fan base has become.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
Fab post. :wellin

I'd also add that Everton fans confuse a having a good team to an expensive one.  This feeds into the narrative you lay out because, for them, players like Milner can't possibly be much good because we got him on a free; and the likes of Henderson is just a clogger.

As you say, so much has to go right for it all to work, and it doesn't go right by accident.  The Bitters fail to make the link between where we were when FSG took over and where we are now; they don't understand the learning curve the owners were on as they experimented with different formats, set ups, approaches to transfers etc. 

But they DID learn, which is something those behind the scenes at Everton never have done - they just keep stumbling from one manager to another, one transfer window to another, one owner to another, hoping something or somebody will just click and make it all better for them.

Everton take our successes and failures in isolation, laughing at the latter and scorning the former, without seeing the progression.  The best thing for us now is that we can take one very good person out and replace them with another very good person and the set up will just carry on with nary a blip - just like with the old Boot Room. 

This is the mistake Souness made when he came rampaging in, throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.  Whoever follows Klopp will be very carefully chosen.

You nailed it too.

They threw hundreds of millions of pounds away on average players but thought they were in the big time because of it. As you suggest, big money doesn't always equate to big player and big success. There is a lot more to it than that. Often, the very shrewd buy or even the free can be just what you need. Look at Milner and, of course, Gary Mac. It's a bit like having a 20 grand car that needs a replacement part that costs 20 quid in order for it to tick over perfectly. Sometimes, it's the inexpensive but very important part that makes the difference. With everything else already in place and working well, the right man coming in to add to it doesn't necessarily need to cost £100m and be a single-handed world beater.

The learning curve we have been on and are still on has provided the Bitters with some short-lived laughs, but it's an integral and essential part of our progress and eventual success. Ten years ago we almost went out of business. Now, we are European Champions. This happens by design, not accident. It also happens when very talented people make it happen. In contrast, Everton act like a club and fanbase that thinks all you have to do is throw the jigsaw up in the air and it lands on the floor already completed. They totally overlook that we had to first decide what our picture was to look like, then we had to identify the pieces, sort them out then painstakingly put them all together. Many mistakes were made along the way, but a willingness to learn meant we (the club/fans as a whole) never gave up. What we see now is the reward for all that incredibly hard work, and the picture isn't even complete yet.

Whilst our club continue to work extremely hard, Everton continue to throw the jigsaw into the air and pray that it finally lands complete, without any of the hard work and without any of the learning curve that goes with success. To make matters worse, every time the jigsaw lands in a jumbled mess on the floor, they blame outside factors rather than rethink their approach. After decades of blaming everyone but themselves and seeing that approach get them nowhere, you'd think they'd start to take some personal responsibility, but no...   ::)

« Last Edit: October 9, 2019, 06:40:50 PM by Sons of pioneerS »

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
Look it's basically this - If this Jurgen Klopp side was any other side other than Liverpool, they would be saying it was a brilliant side and how lucky the premier league are to have two of the best teams in the world, playing in the premier league at the same time. But it's not another team, it's us. So they go out of their way, looking for any old excuse to discredit us. It's both sad and pathetic, but that's what their fan base has become.
Absolutely. If this was Klopp and the very same team but at, say, Newcastle, the Bitters are jerking off all over it.

It's us, so their heads have fallen off.  :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
I dont think Rafa will go to a club where he is already hated beyond passion. Not especially after Chelsea.

Atleast with Chelsea, you could imagine as its based in London. Everton? Probably not.
Iirc Rafa said that there are two clubs in the PL he will never manage out of respect for us. Surely even an Evertonian can work out which two clubs those are.

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
Once, Everton was a club you went to.  Now it's a club you end up at. 

Moyes was once a manager a club went for.  Now he's a manager a club ends up with.

If would be poetic for Moyes to end up back at Everton, and for Everton to end up with Moyes.  Talk about co-dependency.

Parasitic symbiosis more like.

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
Absolutely. If this was Klopp and the very same team but at, say, Newcastle, the Bitters are jerking off all over it.

It's us, so their heads have fallen off.  :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes

They be in seventh, sorry seventeeth, heaven if he'd have gone to United.

That would be a Grand Old Team to support.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats!
  • Believer
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!

You wouldn't be able to trace it mate,as proved with our science department transfusing drug & steroid filled blood into our players which is untraceable as the drugs hide behind transfused blood as we all know,and now Virgins blood. We've got a tricky bunch of mad professor type bastards working on these Ben Johnson hybrid vampiric smackheads,and long may it continue.
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
Quote from Toffeeweb;

Dan Sanderson 104 Posted 09/10/2019 at 13:57:29

Any manager in the rumour columns at this point in time is being angled in for the Man U job, Howe or Arteta for me, fed up of this foreign shite

And the Response;

Iain Latchford105 Posted 09/10/2019 at 14:03:48

Arteta is Spanish.

;D ;D ;D

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Arf!

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
You wouldn't be able to trace it mate,as proved with our science department transfusing drug & steroid filled blood into our players which is untraceable as the drugs hide behind transfused blood as we all know,and now Virgins blood. We've got a tricky bunch of mad professor type bastards working on these Ben Johnson hybrid vampiric smackheads,and long may it continue.

Where the fuck do they find a virgin in Liverpool? ;D

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Believer
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
Where the fuck do they find a virgin in Liverpool? ;D

Exactly they're all at home conjuring up conspiracy theories on their mums laptops! lol