Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 494572 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Believer
Yeah,i can't get into this world of his. In the end there i guess he admits being 'superficially a bit silly' trying to bend the reality.

I'm thinking he actually is the dog in the profile and has communicated this theory with barks but part of it has been lost in the translation.

Easy there. My dog knocks on the back door when he wants to come in. That automatically puts him at a higher functioning plain
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
What else can they do? Admit we're good?

Actually, yes. If they had even a tiny fraction of the ''class and dignity'' they say they have, then that is exactly what they would do.
Wallowing in total denial, as they do, just makes them look very stupid indeed.

In the 80s, for a short period of time, Everton had a great side. I had no problem saying as much. Why pretend otherwise and look like a prize tit who knows nothing about football?
When Ferguson got United's act together I had no problem admitting they has assembled a great side. Even those vile, reputation-laundering cheats from Abu Dhabi have put together a great side. I have no problem saying the team is a very, very good one.

So yes, if you are an Everton fan rather than a delusional Bitter, just admit Liverpool are good and deserve their success, then get on with your own day. Your mental health and quality of life will benefit greatly, and you will also look like you do have a little class and dignity afterall. Simples!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:34:39 PM by Sons of pioneerS »
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Easy there. My dog knocks on the back door when he wants to come in. That automatically puts him at a higher functioning plain

I have 2 as well,they're fantastic  ;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Believer

In the 80s, for a short period of time, Everton had a great side. I had no problem saying as much.

Ah, but do you know what happened to that great side and why? Why they didn't join the European Cup winners club?

It's all part of the legend.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "  Isaac Asimov

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Believer
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
So, trying to replicate what he has done, let's use UEFA's current coefficient rankings (which aren't terribly great, but whatevah)
https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/#/yr/2019

and this years final English league tables;

Liverpool en route to winning the final, played

PSG (W, L)
Napoli (L,W)
Red Star (L,W)

Bayern (D,W)
Porto (W,W)
Barca (L,W)
Spurs (W)

So, Liverpool, beat all those teams at least once... now, how do they stack up? Lets sub the coefficient for the PL/C table

Everton
Burnley
Forest Green

Egad, not looking so good for Liverpool now, losing to Forest green like that. Of course, seeding and the five year nature of the UEFA coefficients make a mockery of this (for example, in 2019 UEFA rank red Star 46th - Barnsley) but still... Of course, when it comes to the second round, things change a bit;

Chelsea
Liverpool
Brighton

I reckon if that was an FA cup run you would be appalled. But how did the best team in Europe (TM) make out? Well, Many City played

Lyon (L,D)
Shakhtar (W,W)
1899 Hoff (W,W)

Schalke (W,W)
Spurs (L,W)

Which equates to the following sides.

Middlesborough (note: they didn't actually beat Lyon/Boro)
Southampton
Wrexham

West Brom
Brighton (Out)

Tell you what, piece of piss this CL stuff...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Remember this bit of genius in the run-up to Kiev?

Here's the updated one!

Utterly insane clown logic from him as you can hardly scale down the CL to such a level of teams as even the so-called weaker teams in the competition are no pushovers, look at how much they struggled in Europe and that was only the EL.

One interesting point, those theoretical teams are still probably a tougher run of games than city had in the domestic cups last season.  ;D

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
So, trying to replicate what he has done, let's use UEFA's current coefficient rankings (which aren't terribly great, but whatevah)
https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/#/yr/2019

and this years final English league tables;

Liverpool en route to winning the final, played

PSG (W, L)
Napoli (L,W)
Red Star (L,W)

Bayern (D,W)
Porto (W,W)
Barca (L,W)
Spurs (W)

So, Liverpool, beat all those teams at least once... now, how do they stack up? Lets sub the coefficient for the PL/C table

Everton
Burnley
Forest Green

Egad, not looking so good for Liverpool now, losing to Forest green like that. Of course, seeding and the five year nature of the UEFA coefficients make a mockery of this (for example, in 2019 UEFA rank red Star 46th - Barnsley) but still... Of course, when it comes to the second round, things change a bit;

Chelsea
Liverpool
Brighton

I reckon if that was an FA cup run you would be appalled. But how did the best team in Europe (TM) make out? Well, Many City played

Lyon (L,D)
Shakhtar (W,W)
1899 Hoff (W,W)

Schalke (W,W)
Spurs (L,W)

Which equates to the following sides.

Middlesborough (note: they didn't actually beat Lyon/Boro)
Southampton
Wrexham

West Brom
Brighton (Out)

Tell you what, piece of piss this CL stuff...

I’ve actually worked out who Everton beat to win the FA Cup in 1995..... in terms of Simpson’s characters.

Derby County (H)
Bristol City (A)
Norwich City (H)
Newcastle United (H)
Spurs (N)
Manchester United (N)

Derby County = Booberella

Bristol City = this lawyer guy

Norwich City = one of the rabbits from the land of chocolate

Newcastle United = Patty

Spurs = Squeaky voiced teen

Manchester United = Jubjub

Whereas the equivalent of us winning the CL includes Comicbook Guy, Apu and Moe in the group, George Bush Snr in the first knock out game, Ned Flanders in the quarters, Hank Scorpio in the semis and Troy McClure in the final.
Nobody hasn't embarrassed me, because i have no respect for you and 4-5 others like you.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer

Ah, but do you know what happened to that great side and why? Why they didn't join the European Cup winners club?

It's all part of the legend.

All part of the myth.  :)

They didn't progress because they rested on their laurels and never consolidated on what they had built. It's also funny how they just assume that had they been able to enter the competition they would have won it. That's sheer arrogance. I can't stomach those revisionists that wilfully forget that the hooligan issue was countrywide back then and Everton were as active, if not moreso if you read the books, as anyone else. The ban was triggered by Heysel, which was the horrific final straw that broke the camels back, but a ban was inevitable anyway. Everyone hated the English and their 'English disease' of rampant hooliganism which went everywhere the English went. Our own government hated football fans in general and was itching to cage us and ban us all. Hooliganism was never the fault of the clubs. It's not their fault that hooligans attached themselves to virtually every club in the country and the national side. I believe only the fans should have been banned and, yes, I mean all, because hooliganism was pervasive back then and everyone needed a reality check. The clubs should have still been able to compete though, in my opinion. I'll give Everton that, but that was not a decision made by LFC.

It's amazing how Everton see themselves as the real victims of the hooligan epidemic and its nadir at Heysel. Our club suffered too and English football did as a whole. English football ultimately suffered because of the large minority from every club that was basically killing the game. The Everton minority are as guilty as anyone. Their 'top boys' will brag about that to anyone who will listen. Some even write books that revel in it all and recount their escapades in gory detail.

Of course, Nobby, you know all this, so this post is just for the Blue lurkers out there who either don't know the truth or know it but continue to deny it.  :wave

The demise of Everton was down to Everton. Every other club has recovered from the ban and moved on ... except Everton. The reason for this is in-house. The reason they are still in the doldrums is because their issues are still in-house but they refuse to see it and would rather look externally and blame others instead. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and Man United have built then destroyed a dynasty since those days. Liverpool have been European Champions twice since then. Leicester have won the league since then, as have the likes of Blackburn and Leeds. Everton's demise was, and still is an inside job.
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Everton are currently ranked 84th in UEFA's co-efficient. That means that if they qualified for Europe, they would be Cheltenham.

how are they that high???

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006

83    Burnley FC

84    Everton FC

85    Southampton FC

86    West Ham United FC

87    Hull City AFC
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
Whereas the equivalent of us winning the CL includes Comicbook Guy, Apu and Moe in the group, George Bush Snr in the first knock out game, Ned Flanders in the quarters, Hank Scorpio in the semis and Troy McClure in the final.

I might remember him from such movies as "Divock 2: Divock Rides Again"

Seriously that whole post is amazing  ;D
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
83    Burnley FC

84    Everton FC

85    Southampton FC

86    West Ham United FC

87    Hull City AFC

So basically, one EL campaign while coming from the PL gets you to that level then.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Believer

If you're English and you've been in Europe in the last five years you're likely to get in the top 100.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
I might remember him from such movies as "Divock 2: Divock Rides Again"

Seriously that whole post is amazing  ;D

It's obviously Divock 2: Electric Boogaloo
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
That shit side Spurs who knocked out the English and Dutch Cahampions. Proper shit they are.

The same Spurs that beat Everton 6-2 at Goodison, that Spurs?

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
Outraged at the Red Echo for reporting a robber was wearing an Everton scarf.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
??
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Well you can bet he wasn't caught with any silverware on him  ;D
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline eyescream

• Kopite

Have they put socks over their hands ...  8)

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Remember this bit of genius in the run-up to Kiev?

Here's the updated one!

And all of a sudden... J notation seemed a breeze
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer
  • In a squeeze play on the cheesy side of town
I'm not going to spend time arsing about seeing who equates to who as that character on GOT did but I suspect that when Everton failed to qualify from their group in the Europa league last year their opponents were the equivalent of West Allottment Celtic, Staveley Miners Welfare and Holker Old Boys (all real by the way)

That's how shit they were last year even when they were lucky.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline LFC_NCL

• Main Stander
Jurassic Origi - The T-Rex fucker upper

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Believer

I can`t work out if that makes them easier or harder to find ? Does it narrow the suspects down exponentially or does it create a needle in a haystack situation ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline lamonti

• Believer
Is he the one who missed a header from a yard out in the Origi Derby?

I'm pretty sure he missed from a yard out twice in as many seconds in that game actually.

Online Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...

They are a special bunch aren't they?

It must hurt them, travelling all that way from Rhyl, to watch that bunch of chancers try and show them some value for money whilst playing like a fart in a thunderstorm. I mean, if you were a professional footy player, playing for that shower, you would have that classic Lennon Resting Face. You know the one. The one when you realise just what a club you've signed for... And let's not forget the cuckoo clock case...

Then to see us lift number six, with our lot showing just what it means to them and the team and the club...

Do I feel sorry for them?

Nope, nope, nope... In fact, SIX TIMES NOPE (for any lurkers...)...

Up the Mighty Fucking Reds...
'Nuff said...

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Where's the cuckoo clock?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
Where's the cuckoo clock?

Bit further on

He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
Bit further on

Honestly, that cabinet doesn't look like it could hold a European Cup - although it would be typically Everton to make a cabinet that could only hold one. ;D

Crazy thing is that they say they measured the European Cup in 1977 when we won it, in anticipation of winning their own. But they'd not won a title in 7 years by then - and it would be another 7 years before they did. :lmao
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
Everton are playing Mainz 05 in pre-season, in Mainz.

I'm sure the blueshite fans making the trip will love being amongst another Jürgen Klopp loving fan-base  :P
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Believer

I'm sure the blueshite fans making the trip will love being amongst another Jürgen Klopp loving fan-base  :P

Anything better than a 4-0 defeat and they will be claiming they are better than us
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
Anything better than a 4-0 defeat and they will be claiming they are better than us

they are whinging about the 'quality of opposition' they are facing this pre-season. Apparently the likes of Mainz, Werder Bremen and Sevilla are not good enough for them, they'd rather be facing Man City in the Asia cup  ;D
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• If a cow could dance and be a member of a football forum, this would be it. If he had no lips he'd be ChaChaOooOoo!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.

F*ck off. I was living in Mainz for 5 years until last August. The moment I move out, they decide to tour.

On the plus side, if they beat Mainz, they get to brag that they won against a team that won 4-0 against us in 2016.

Offline Keita Success

• Then he saw his face - now he's a rebeliever!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
Everton are the added dimension: Horrrrrrrorrrrrrrrr  ;D
Champions League preview found here: https://bit.ly/2S7UfQy

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
they are whinging about the 'quality of opposition' they are facing this pre-season. Apparently the likes of Mainz, Werder Bremen and Sevilla are not good enough for them, they'd rather be facing Man City in the Asia cup  ;D
These teams aren't good enough but they were fine playing against a part time Austrian pub team last season.

Offline Davidbowie

• Believer
  • The Thin White Duke

Perhaps Mainz were told 'a team from the city of Liverpool' wanted to play them in a friendly and they automatically assumed it was the european champions wanting to visit them again.

Afterall, there aren't any other teams on Merseyside are there? Not that anyone in Europe will have heard of anyway.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Dim Glas

• Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
Perhaps Mainz were told 'a team from the city of Liverpool' wanted to play them in a friendly and they automatically assumed it was the european champions wanting to visit them again.

Afterall, there aren't any other teams on Merseyside are there? Not that anyone in Europe will have heard of anyway.

Mainz fans will give 'em a cracking rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone, I know that much  ;D

Offline PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Mainz fans will give 'em a cracking rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone, I know that much  ;D
That will be hilarious
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Believer
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!

;D