Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 861886 times)

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Yes, let's compare prices of a European cup winning player with a player whose team finished 43 points behind his side last season.  :wave

If only they had someone like Gomes in midfield,would have done a lot better.

Oh wait..

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Believer
Gomes was shit the latter part of last season.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
To be fair he was decent. If Rodri is worth 70m, then 30m for Gomes isn't bad. By some margin their best midfielder.

Do welsh players count towards the homegrown quotas though. :lmao

Online aw1991

• Believer
https://twitter.com/EvertonBlues_/status/1141352063135363073

Andre Gomes - £22m
Naby Keita - £60m

Ok...

Goals in CL:
Naby Keita - 1
Everton - 0

Online Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Games Goals in CL:
Naby Keita - 1
Everton - 0

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Tories.
Goals in CL:
Naby Keita - 1
Everton - 0
European Cup Winners Medals:

Keita - 1

Everton - 0
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Online aw1991

• Believer
While we're comparing fees, I think this might be more powerful:

Sigurdsson - €49.40m
Salah - €42m

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
For any lurkers from GoT, here's a tweet you should see and consider how damaging your own insular local club mindset is to your club's prospects:

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1141367076487127040?s=19

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Gomes was shit the latter part of last season.

& the former too.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
For any lurkers from GoT, here's a tweet you should see and consider how damaging your own insular local club mindset is to your club's prospects:

That was brilliant  :thumbup
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Tories.

I've long said that their insular mentality and marketing just kills them. At a time when everyone is reaching out, being welcoming and inclusive, that lot pull up the drawbridge on County Road and tell the world it's not welcome. If there was ever a club that so willingly shot itself in the foot time and time again, it's Everton. While big clubs look towards new horizons and reach out, Everton happily drive themselves into a cul-de-sac then congratulate themselves for doing so.  :lmao

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer

Andre Gomes - £22m
Naby Keita - £60m

Ok...

Some salty comments on that.  Tasty, but bad for the blood pressure. ;D
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
It's just sour grapes. They'll never be as big as us so they try to pass off being small as something they choose to be rather than something that's forced upon them
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Tories.
It's just sour grapes. They'll never be as big as us so they try to pass off being small as something they choose to be rather than something that's forced upon them
Of course. They have lost their own identity so have simply become the Anti-Liverpool.

We have flags and banners, so they hate all that stuff.
We have a world renowned anthem, so they are against that kind of thing.
We have a global audience, so they have to go for the small but 'special' angle.  ::)
We win the biggest trophies, so they have to discredit them and pretend they are winners without actually winning anything.
We look outwards, so they look inwards.
We embrace and include, so they reject and disrespect.

They are a rudderless ship without a name on the bow. Identity opportunists, in that they look to see what we do, how we think, what we believe in, how we approach things etc ... then they just do, think and believe the opposite. It's a lazy way of trying to construct some kind of identity. An existence rather than a life. Sad really.

Offline Bread

• Kopite
His Twitter bio:

Digne👈🏻Robertson, Pickford👈🏻Alisson, Keane👈🏻Gomez, Richarlison👈🏻Firmino. If you disagree, you don’t watch football and clearly know nothing.

:lmao

I'm guessing he's about 12.

Trying to figure out which of these is the MOST ludicrous. I mean, they're all extremely daft of course, but I'm scratching my head as which is the most obscenely wrong. Will have to settle for "Pickford over Alisson", the idea of which so extraordinarily laughable. ;D

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Tories.
Trying to figure out which of these is the MOST ludicrous. I mean, they're all extremely daft of course, but I'm scratching my head as which is the most obscenely wrong. Will have to settle for "Pickford over Alisson", the idea of which so extraordinarily laughable. ;D
I can't comment on all of them because I don't know who Digne is and I can't recall ever noticing Richarlison or Keane play. I have, however, seen plenty of footage of T-Rex, and anyone who has him in over Becker is either biased to a stupid degree or they know nothing about football.

If evidence is required I suppose the fact that the players on one side won the European Cup and finished with 97 points in the league, whilst the players on the other side won nothing and finished 43 points adrift of us should just about cover it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:48:11 PM by Sons of pioneerS »

Online afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Of course. They have lost their own identity so have simply become the Anti-Liverpool.

We have flags and banners, so they hate all that stuff.
We have a world renowned anthem, so they are against that kind of thing.
We have a global audience, so they have to go for the small but 'special' angle.  ::)
We win the biggest trophies, so they have to discredit them and pretend they are winners without actually winning anything.
We look outwards, so they look inwards.
We embrace and include, so they reject and disrespect.

They are a rudderless ship without a name on the bow. Identity opportunists, in that they look to see what we do, how we think, what we believe in, how we approach things etc ... then they just do, think and believe the opposite. It's a lazy way of trying to construct some kind of identity. An existence rather than a life. Sad really.

We have Origi, so they have...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Something Worse

• Believer
I've long said that their insular mentality and marketing just kills them. At a time when everyone is reaching out, being welcoming and inclusive, that lot pull up the drawbridge on County Road and tell the world it's not welcome. If there was ever a club that so willingly shot itself in the foot time and time again, it's Everton. While big clubs look towards new horizons and reach out, Everton happily drive themselves into a cul-de-sac then congratulate themselves for doing so.  :lmao

Brexit mentality for the Brexit club.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Andre Gomes - £22m
Naby Keita - £60m

Ok...

:lmao

1) 52m for Keita
2) They had to pay for Gomes on loan (a player barca was begging to get rid of)
3) With Gomes - 43 pts behind

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • Believer

Andre Gomes - £22m
Naby Keita - £60m

Ok...

Is that bloke saying it’s a good thing that they’ve chucked most of their transfer budget on someone the rest of the league barely noticed because we spent more money on someone who was injured a lot last season?

Strange.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Andre Gomes - £22m
Naby Keita - £60m

Ok...

And bear in mind there's a £22m premium for Gomes given he ran the show at Anfield.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
Is he the one who missed a header from a yard out in the Origi Derby?

Offline Raid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Is he the one who missed a header from a yard out in the Origi Derby?

Yeah.

He also dribbled past VVD according to the bitters who know better than the official stats.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

::) Redshite are just a mob from Norway. Just a drop in the ocean compared to the supporters of The People's ClubTM.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Tories.
::) Redshite are just a mob from Norway. Just a drop in the ocean compared to the supporters of The People's ClubTM.
I love their dedication too, because 750,000 of them booked flights to Liverpool on the night of June 1st then flew back home again after the parade on the 2nd. I can't even arrange a trip to Southport that quickly.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
I love their dedication too, because 750,000 of them booked flights to Liverpool on the night of June 1st then flew back home again after the parade on the 2nd. I can't even arrange a trip to Southport that quickly.

To be fair, it's much trickier to fly into Southport though.  ;D

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
I've used this on them since the Istanbul parade, say that John Lennon airport must be the best in the world to get all thise flights in and out. In a day. Soon pipes them down.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk
  • Believer
  • Indefatigability
The elevation of Gomes as a ‘top player’ while discounting Keita is an interesting study in the psychology of some Everton fans. Gomes made a very decent fist of things last season, especially the autumn months. A grateful fanbase will then overhype his contribution in lieu of anybody else to laud and celebrate. Gomes was a decent midtable midfield general - nothing more. Yet he represented something to cling to and hold up as a positive in a sea of mediocrity. Simultaneously, Keita was a fringe player in a top side so became more peripheral during the season. Yet, Keita is unquestionably the better player, certainly in a Klopp sense.

Offline Something Worse

• Believer
The elevation of Gomes as a ‘top player’ while discounting Keita is an interesting study in the psychology of some Everton fans. Gomes made a very decent fist of things last season, especially the autumn months. A grateful fanbase will then overhype his contribution in lieu of anybody else to laud and celebrate. Gomes was a decent midtable midfield general - nothing more. Yet he represented something to cling to and hold up as a positive in a sea of mediocrity. Simultaneously, Keita was a fringe player in a top side so became more peripheral during the season. Yet, Keita is unquestionably the better player, certainly in a Klopp sense.

He was closing in on becoming a key player when he got hurt.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk
  • Believer
  • Indefatigability
He was closing in on becoming a key player when he got hurt.
Definitely, he’s likely going to become integral. However, he wasn’t central to our season so outsiders may view him (wrongly) as a flop.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
They blow their transfer budget on a player they already had. Played okay, not great.. and then you go on Twitter and see all the blues act like it's a signing of the season and another transfer market trophy on the way :lmao :lmao

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
They blow their transfer budget on a player they already had. Played okay, not great.. and then you go on Twitter and see all the blues act like it's a signing of the season and another transfer market trophy on the way :lmao :lmao

If you recall, wasn’t he sent off just at the end of the season and collected a three match ban. Clever play.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
My head has proper fallen off with that signing.

Winners of the transfer market 2019 already.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
So they`ve blew their transfer budget on a player who hasn`t improved the squad because he was already there. Everton tha  ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
So they`ve blew their transfer budget on a player who hasn`t improved the squad because he was already there. Everton tha  ;D

They are losing their heads on Twitter over making a profit on Vlasic

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Believer
  • Do you want to build a snowman?
To be fair, that's two decent pieces of business.

Vlasic was crap in the PL, yet they've made a profit (albeit a modest one) when I think making their money back would have been an achievement.

And I think £25m for Gomes is a bit of a snip. He's a decent player and worth at least £26m.

Pity they'll likely lose Zouma, who managed to even make Keane look moderately acceptable as a defender.

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "  Isaac Asimov

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
Haha!

https://twitter.com/TheGwladysSt/status/1141397788615434246?s=19

I love how they think that LFC fans posting there means they are arsed about them - a team so far away from them in quality and expectation. They don't seem to get that it's cos people find them funny?  ;D  How can you NOT reply to a tweet about Gomes being the a complete midfielder, who had a Balon D'or clause :lmao
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Bought to fill Xavi/Iniesta’s boots but failed so fucking far that he ended up at Everton.

Offline Davidbowie

• Believer
  • The Thin White Duke
Can only assume Gomes is hoping to do one more full season there before a bigger club like United or Chelsea come in for him.

He may not have been first choice at Barca, but to go from training and playing with Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Coutinho etc and getting a few run outs at the Nou Camp to sharing a dressing room with Dominic Calvert Lewin, Cenk Tosun, Idrissa Gueye and Theo Walcott and playing infront of bile-spouting blues at a dilapidated wooden stadium is some come-down for the guy.
FAME makes a man take things over