Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 340783 times)

Online stoopid yank

• Believer
  • Bird is the Word
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline In Fowler We Trust

• Athens Airport Queen
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truth Justice
"Everton wives" needs binning off

Absolutely - can't understand why people find it funny, or indeed acceptable.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer

How many rounds of consultation did Arsenal and Spurs go through before they built their state of the art stadia?

Dunno, but in the time it's taken Everton to run multiple consultations Spurs seem to have designed, built and moved into a new stadium!  And Arsenal have built and paid for a stadium in the time since Everton first started thinking about a move. ;D
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
Saw a tweet from The Esk who was saying that if they don't sell a player or two then this years financials will look horrible, shortly after that the club announced that they've extended their accounting period to end June to tie in with players contract ends. So they've got a couple of weeks to shift someone or the numbers will be terrible. This years numbers will have no Europe, wages, amortisation and one offs will be too, so irrespective of player sales, the numbers won't look good.

You nailed it before when you basically said that a lot of them just want someone else to pick up the tab for players and infrastructure which is why "Uncle Uzzy" is always referenced. Self sustaining club? Naaahh, too much effort, lets just have it handed to us coz we deserve it. Cliche, I know but they've got champagne tastes on a beer budget.
The way they are going, even the 'beer' is going to become too expensive for them soon. They'll be on the meths before long.

Regards selling a player or two to make the figures look decent, who have they actually got that would bring in the kind of numbers required?
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
It does. I know it's meant tongue in cheek, but it's not a good subject to extract a joke out of. I think we are better than that.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
Saw a tweet from The Esk who was saying that if they don't sell a player or two then this years financials will look horrible, shortly after that the club announced that they've extended their accounting period to end June to tie in with players contract ends. So they've got a couple of weeks to shift someone or the numbers will be terrible. This years numbers will have no Europe, wages, amortisation and one offs will be too, so irrespective of player sales, the numbers won't look good.

You nailed it before when you basically said that a lot of them just want someone else to pick up the tab for players and infrastructure which is why "Uncle Uzzy" is always referenced. Self sustaining club? Naaahh, too much effort, lets just have it handed to us coz we deserve it. Cliche, I know but they've got champagne tastes on a beer budget.

Even City already had a stadium.  The only reason the Sheikh wants to expand it is so he can "sell" a few more million quid seats into the club's coffers. :lmao

When you look at Arsenal and Spurs, new stadiums aren't the answer to everything, and Chelsea's new stadium seems to have been put on indefinite hold.  Even with United's money, OT is slowly decaying.

In their defence they do NEED to do something, stadium wise; but you have the lack of resources on one hand and a demented fanbase on the other, who wont accept anything less than 50k.  Redevelop where they are and capacity will likely sink to 35k - and it will likely take 15 years.  (Irony check - if they'd made that commitment 15 years ago instead of pissing about with all these fantasy builds, Goodison would probably be fine by now.)

The people at the top refuse to make the hard choices.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer
  • In a squeeze play on the cheesy side of town
Has Moshi La even put a penny of his own money into their club?  Most of their transfers came from selling the last of their decent players, like Lukaku; but they wasted that money.  Then they have the Chinese loan(s).

From Moshiri's standpoint, a new stadium is probably the only realistic way to boost the value of his asset, but that would cost so much it's unlikely to ever be cost effective. 

Sidebar: If they ever won something, I would expect a fair few reds for the parade to show solidarity.  They're probably worried more reds than blues might turn up. ;D

You need to remember they gambled on getting a free one, like City, through the commonwealth games.

That decision was a major blow to them. A multi-million pound blow.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer

Indeed and these photos helps remind us that we don't live in the 60s anymore

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 08:59:54 PM by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
You need to remember they gambled on getting a free one, like City, through the commonwealth games.

That decision was a major blow to them. A multi-million pound blow.

Surely that was always a long shot at best though?

Kenwright and Moores are both cut from the same cloth over this sort of thing.  Both too timid to undertake the risk themselves, so put it off and off and off and then sold to somebody else they hoped would take the risk for them.  For very different reasons, though, it didn't work out for either club.  The end result is the same - at least until we got FSG.

Moshi may as well plant this outside the club, like so many other dilapidated structures in the city.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four

Kenwright and Moores are both cut from the same cloth over this sort of thing.  Both too timid to undertake the risk themselves, so put it off and off and off and then sold to somebody else they hoped would take the risk for them.  For very different reasons, though, it didn't work out for either club.  The end result is the same - at least until we got FSG.

Moshi may as well plant this outside the club, like so many other dilapidated structures in the city.

Red in the sign...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Berry

• Believer

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Dunno, but in the time it's taken Everton to run multiple consultations Spurs seem to have designed, built and moved into a new stadium!  And Arsenal have built and paid for a stadium in the time since Everton first started thinking about a move. ;D

Spurs even had time to plan, build and stock their world class cheese cave.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Spurs even had time to plan, build and stock their world class cheese cave.
Cheese cave  ;D
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer

I remember when it was being mooted, chippy tits was confident that this city would yet again be the centre of attention and you could see when they lost it was a matter of some disbelief that they were not chosen.

Yes it was a long shot but it was a 50/50 decision with a £400m pay off and I don't think they believed they could be beaten by Birmingham. It was what kicked started City, all that money saved went into players.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Nah. Wool shout.
Nah. Wife beating isn't cool.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
Even City already had a stadium.  The only reason the Sheikh wants to expand it is so he can "sell" a few more million quid seats into the club's coffers. :lmao

When you look at Arsenal and Spurs, new stadiums aren't the answer to everything, and Chelsea's new stadium seems to have been put on indefinite hold.  Even with United's money, OT is slowly decaying.

In their defence they do NEED to do something, stadium wise; but you have the lack of resources on one hand and a demented fanbase on the other, who wont accept anything less than 50k.  Redevelop where they are and capacity will likely sink to 35k - and it will likely take 15 years. (Irony check - if they'd made that commitment 15 years ago instead of pissing about with all these fantasy builds, Goodison would probably be fine by now.)

The people at the top refuse to make the hard choices.

I think that's a fair point but, as you said, their delusional fanbase doesn't help matters at all. The facts are that they simply do not need some kind of mega ground. They just don't have the support to fill it regularly. Instead of endlessly being obsessed with trying to outdo us, they really should have gradually done something with Goodison years ago. By now they'd have something more suited to their needs. Problem is, their fans just don't do sensible. They don't want what they need. They simply want to outdo Liverpool. Anything other than ridiculously outlandish concepts and their fans are up in arms and whingeing. Their board are almost compelled to go along with the madness, and rather than doing what's actually best for them given their resources, they have to go all out Fantasy Island instead, but that sets them up to fail every time.

It's absolute madness the way they have just sat on their hands and expected things to fall into place for them. They stupidly mock us for building the new Main Stand, but this is real progress. It's planned, built and filled in the same time period where Everton have been asleep on the job and simply dreaming of better things rather than doing better things. We have bricks, mortar and filled seats. All they have is consultations and pie in the sky delusions as their actual ground disintegrates around them. They want it all (who doesn't) but they don't actually want to pay for it. Look at how they were so desperate for a shared ground with us. It was embarrassing how Bitters in the council tried to railroad us into that. They were a club in stagnation who wanted (needed?) to cling onto our coat-tails and elevate their status through us.

They had outlandish plans for Kings Dock, yet that fell through because they couldn't raise £30m. All big ideas without the substance to back it up. Now we have BMD, and they wanted a freebie stadium on the back of the Commonwealth Games. The games didn't come, so out came the begging bowl once more. I get it. In life we all dream of having/doing things we maybe can't really have or do. It's human to want bigger, better, faster, more, but at some point we have to be realistic and work with what we have and what we really need. Sadly for them, I just don't think Everton have learned that life lesson, despite experience continually pointing it out to them.

Maybe their people at the top are too afraid of their lunatic fringe, so don't feel able or willing to go for the sensible option. I mean they've seen the moronic antics out of them over a manager having red on his Christmas tree, so how would they react if their board were to make those tough decisions and actually do what is needed rather than play up to the loons with outrageous 'plans' they can never execute? Imagine the outrage if their board actually came up with sensible plans for something in a sensible location, with a sensible capacity that comes in at a reasonable cost that they can afford. The fume over County Road would significantly add to global warming, no doubt. While all this madness is allowed to continue, all they will do is talk and 'consult', and nothing will actually get built.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Nah. Wool shout.

Three words, and yet a fucking horrible post on a few levels.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
This is the company line, no more of that sort of bollocks.
I know about the 10+ hoes a week, and it’s something I’m willing to do.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Nah. Wool shout.
Stop chatting shite. Joking about domestic violence isnt funny on any level.
I know about the 10+ hoes a week, and it’s something I’m willing to do.

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
Everton linked with Everton from Gremio. So, however this transfer turns out, Everton wins?

Online Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Everton linked with Everton from Gremio. So, however this transfer turns out, Everton wins?
a Brazilian lad gets a name change

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Believer
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
I watch a lot of South American football and I would be stunned if he went there, much bigger talent than to go to them, actually would fit our style quite well and would be hilarious to have Everton scoring for Liverpool 😅 scores a good’un for Brazil tonight too

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Believer
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/todays-football-2018-19-season.104251/page-2121

From just after the Barca first leg

Got to be a member shoot us some screenshots a love reading their posts lol

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Got to be a member shoot us some screenshots a love reading their posts lol

Few choice ones so far

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Believer
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
Delicious 😅

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Just before Gini’s first goal against Barca. Hahaha. Matty’s Meltdown is glorious.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/todays-football-2018-19-season.104251/page-2323

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Just before Gini’s first goal against Barca. Hahaha. Matty’s Meltdown is glorious.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/todays-football-2018-19-season.104251/page-2323

That matty1878's meltdown is a thing of glory. ;D

Also this gem:
A lot of Liverpools first team I wouldn't want near Evertons. What's that about?
:lmao
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 09:46:00 AM by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Any screenshots? Not a member.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
I remember when it was being mooted, chippy tits was confident that this city would yet again be the centre of attention and you could see when they lost it was a matter of some disbelief that they were not chosen.

Yes it was a long shot but it was a 50/50 decision with a £400m pay off and I don't think they believed they could be beaten by Birmingham. It was what kicked started City, all that money saved went into players.

That Everton lot are too used to being chosen, that's what it is! ;D

From what you say it seems to be that it was clearly a long shot to everybody who isn't an Everton fan, which probably explains why Anderson was so shocked. 

But I disagree on City's stadium "kickstarting" them.  They moved into the Emptyhad in 2003, long before the Sheik or even Thaksin in 2007.  City were still muddling through with the likes of McManaman and Fowler around that period.  I agree it made them a more attractive club to purchase in  the long run though.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:01:13 AM by Red Berry »

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
I think that's a fair point but, as you said, their delusional fanbase doesn't help matters at all. The facts are that they simply do not need some kind of mega ground. They just don't have the support to fill it regularly. Instead of endlessly being obsessed with trying to outdo us, they really should have gradually done something with Goodison years ago. By now they'd have something more suited to their needs. Problem is, their fans just don't do sensible. They don't want what they need. They simply want to outdo Liverpool. Anything other than ridiculously outlandish concepts and their fans are up in arms and whingeing. Their board are almost compelled to go along with the madness, and rather than doing what's actually best for them given their resources, they have to go all out Fantasy Island instead, but that sets them up to fail every time.

It's absolute madness the way they have just sat on their hands and expected things to fall into place for them. They stupidly mock us for building the new Main Stand, but this is real progress. It's planned, built and filled in the same time period where Everton have been asleep on the job and simply dreaming of better things rather than doing better things. We have bricks, mortar and filled seats. All they have is consultations and pie in the sky delusions as their actual ground disintegrates around them. They want it all (who doesn't) but they don't actually want to pay for it. Look at how they were so desperate for a shared ground with us. It was embarrassing how Bitters in the council tried to railroad us into that. They were a club in stagnation who wanted (needed?) to cling onto our coat-tails and elevate their status through us.

They had outlandish plans for Kings Dock, yet that fell through because they couldn't raise £30m. All big ideas without the substance to back it up. Now we have BMD, and they wanted a freebie stadium on the back of the Commonwealth Games. The games didn't come, so out came the begging bowl once more. I get it. In life we all dream of having/doing things we maybe can't really have or do. It's human to want bigger, better, faster, more, but at some point we have to be realistic and work with what we have and what we really need. Sadly for them, I just don't think Everton have learned that life lesson, despite experience continually pointing it out to them.

Maybe their people at the top are too afraid of their lunatic fringe, so don't feel able or willing to go for the sensible option. I mean they've seen the moronic antics out of them over a manager having red on his Christmas tree, so how would they react if their board were to make those tough decisions and actually do what is needed rather than play up to the loons with outrageous 'plans' they can never execute? Imagine the outrage if their board actually came up with sensible plans for something in a sensible location, with a sensible capacity that comes in at a reasonable cost that they can afford. The fume over County Road would significantly add to global warming, no doubt. While all this madness is allowed to continue, all they will do is talk and 'consult', and nothing will actually get built.

It's only a matter of time, imo, before Anderson just tries to build them a stadium, as a gift from Liverpool to the senior club of the city.  He'll probably try to shoe horn in some kind of duel purpose athletics or kids' training facilities, or a "sports quarter"; and he'll look to rent it to Everton and justify it by being sold Goodison to the area can be regenerated (which will be flogged to all his regeneration buddies as it's a far healthier financial prospect).

I do feel for them in this sole regard: if you're looking to grow your brand, even if you have to resort to piggybacking it on the back of the city you're from, but who's name you despise to the point you cannot utter it, then yeah, 35k is too small.  So redeveloping Goodison to a lower capacity doesn't make much sense. 

But that doesn't mean BMD makes more sense.  How long ago since this site was announced?  A full year?  Longer?  Feels like it at least.  And what's been done?  Nowt, zip.  It's just embarrassing how they are fumbling around with these pointless "consultations", which are clearly just a stalling tactic as they desperate try to drum up finance.   No wonder we're all laughing at them.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
But that doesn't mean BMD makes more sense.  How long ago since this site was announced?  A full year?  Longer?  Feels like it at least.  And what's been done?  Nowt, zip.  It's just embarrassing how they are fumbling around with these pointless "consultations", which are clearly just a stalling tactic as they desperate try to drum up finance.   No wonder we're all laughing at them.

2016 I think? Around the time we played Sevilla?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
I do feel for them in this sole regard: if you're looking to grow your brand, even if you have to resort to piggybacking it on the back of the city you're from, but who's name you despise to the point you cannot utter it, then yeah, 35k is too small.  So redeveloping Goodison to a lower capacity doesn't make much sense. 

Do they actually have significant demand for a larger capacity, looking at the average attendances they do seem to fill it regularly, but then you have stuff like the half-season tickets etc. that seem to indicate that they struggle to get those numbers, are they a club that reports tickets sold over actual attendances?

Out of all of their potential new sites, this latest one at BMD seems like a really poor option and you have to wonder if they are just thinking in terms of how it will look in the designs over how sensible an option it is, you have a limited area so lack the potential for subsequent expansion and the additional complexities of the area will also push up the building costs too. It seems like it would be far more sensible for them to find another slightly out of town option again, something with room to expand as needed and potentially could even be a location for a new training ground too at some point, put their own stamp on that area which they obviously can't do where they are now due to larger and better neighbours.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Do they actually have significant demand for a larger capacity, looking at the average attendances they do seem to fill it regularly, but then you have stuff like the half-season tickets etc. that seem to indicate that they struggle to get those numbers, are they a club that reports tickets sold over actual attendances?

Out of all of their potential new sites, this latest one at BMD seems like a really poor option and you have to wonder if they are just thinking in terms of how it will look in the designs over how sensible an option it is, you have a limited area so lack the potential for subsequent expansion and the additional complexities of the area will also push up the building costs too. It seems like it would be far more sensible for them to find another slightly out of town option again, something with room to expand as needed and potentially could even be a location for a new training ground too at some point, put their own stamp on that area which they obviously can't do where they are now due to larger and better neighbours.

The size of the site is fairly big, you could fit Anfield on it no problem so a stadium specifically designed for the site could be bigger, not that they need it mind ;D

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
The big problem they have is to get the current attendances they have discounted by quite a lot. You can see this in their match day income which in 17/18 was £16.7m - that was a season with Europa football too.

That season they played 26 home games, so an average of £642,308 per game, or £16.23 per seat per game.

Let’s assume they build a 52k capacity stadium, and let’s assume they sell out completely for all 19 league games and 3 others - that would give a revenue of £18,567,120 a season.

Even if we push that to the 26 games they played in 17/18, at the same average ticket price they current charge you’re still only looking at £21,942,960 a season.

So how exactly does that repay a loan of £500m+? More so, how does it repay a loan & contribute to transfer spend?

It doesn’t.

So what’s the answer? Well if they upped the average price by double, something I can guarantee fans will not be happy with, then you’d be looking at a more respectable stadium income of around £32m ish which would cover a loan repayment with maybe a little left over.

Although that then throws up the big question - at double the prices they currently charge would they also find an additional 13,000 fans to turn up each and every game?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
The size of the site is fairly big, you could fit Anfield on it no problem so a stadium specifically designed for the site could be bigger, not that they need it mind ;D

It does make you wonder why they don't take a one stand at a time approach and stay where they are, even if they kept the capacity roughly the same once they were all updated, it wouldn't be so bad for them if they added some more premium or corporate options to boost the overall income.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Oh hello. :wave

Offline Statto Red

• Believer
  • Kloppite
Yeah ok lad

Every summer they do it to themselves don't they, ;D since they last won the league[over 30 years ago]they have finished in the top 4 twice, & finished 4th on both occasions, 87/88 & 04/05.

Offline demain

• ne sait jamais
  • Anny Roader
  • 'The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy.'

Any chance of some screenshots ? These deserve to be framed for posterity.
Je marcherai les yeux fixés sur mes pensées,
Sans rien voir au dehors, sans entendre aucun bruit,
Seul, inconnu, le dos courbé, les mains croisées,
Triste, et le jour pour moi sera comme la nuit

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Every summer they do it to themselves don't they, ;D since they last won the league[over 30 years ago]they have finished in the top 4 twice, & finished 4th on both occasions, 87/88 & 04/05.

Bobs only messing mate. He's not being serious there at all. And he's nothing like the deranged lunatics you've probably come to know from coming in here. He's one of the few blues you can have a laugh with on twitter.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”