Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 502374 times)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Had a funny little interaction over the weekend.

Wife's friend from way back came over to visit, brought 2 of her children. Her 1st marriage didn't work out. At all. The guy was pretty odious. He did a number on them, a particuliarly unpleasant guy and her lad, who was there, has nothing good to say about his dad. Hates him. But all that happened about 10 years ago and everyone is getting on with their lives. New country, house, partner, all that.

We noticed that the lad was pretty down all afternoon and his mum was saying "Just ignore him" etc. etc. so we just got on with chatting over his head about life, college, girlfriends/boyfriends, all the usual chit-chat catchy-up stuff.

My wife made a comment about me turning on the football to watch the WWC and they got to chatting about us guys & our football. The wife's friend turns to her son and says something to the effect of "This silly lad has been moping about for the past 3 weeks because of football!"

Totally oblivious, my wife asks if he played, did his team lose to which he mumbled something, got up from the table and walked off.

Turns out he's an Everton fan. His father was one, got him interested and you can't give up your club just because your old man is a cnut, even if he walks out after years of aggro with your mum when you're just 10yo., and he's still an Everton fan 11 years later.

He's been in a strop for going on 3 weeks because we won the CL again!!  :lmao

I was in the background making frantic "Don't say anything about Liverpool!!" motions to my wife while trying not to crack up. Didn't want to send him into a depression. Poor lad!

Did slip him a farewell "Don't worry about it, maybe next year's your year!" just to see how he'd react as they were leaving. ;D

I'd have gone full Basil Fawlty with the Germans

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
I'd have gone full Basil Fawlty with the Germans

Set iphone to "you'll never walk alone"

leave room.

*laugh

Offline Davidbowie

• Believer
  • The Thin White Duke
No child deserves to be brought up as an Evertonian. Even if the father or mother is a diehard bitter, you'd still think twice about handing down a lifetime of anger, bitterness, delusion and envy to a poor innocent child.

You wouldn't want to deny your son or daughter the chance to know the feeling of seeing your team lift a trophy. Nights like 1st June 2019 will live in the memory for the rest of your life and seeing the streets of Liverpool filled with not-that-far-off a million supporters of their club is something that just isn't going to happen to an evertonian.

I've said before, but to think that there are blues, 25 years old, who have never seen their team lift a single trophy ever in their lifetime is pitiful.

Why put that on a child?

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot, of course - they're born NOT chosen.  ::)
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
We joke about Bitters making their kids Everton fans as being akin to child abuse, but I really feel for that lad because that's honestly the worst thing his cnut of a dad has ever done to him. ;D
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline an fear dearg

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We joke about Bitters making their kids Everton fans as being akin to child abuse, but I really feel for that lad because that's honestly the worst thing his cnut of a dad has ever done to him. ;D

Definitely a #sausages version of this could be done....

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
No child deserves to be brought up as an Evertonian. Even if the father or mother is a diehard bitter, you'd still think twice about handing down a lifetime of anger, bitterness, delusion and envy to a poor innocent child.

You wouldn't want to deny your son or daughter the chance to know the feeling of seeing your team lift a trophy. Nights like 1st June 2019 will live in the memory for the rest of your life and seeing the streets of Liverpool filled with not-that-far-off a million supporters of their club is something that just isn't going to happen to an evertonian.

I've said before, but to think that there are blues, 25 years old, who have never seen their team lift a single trophy ever in their lifetime is pitiful.

Why put that on a child?

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot, of course - they're born NOT chosen.  ::)
To be absolutely honest, if I were a Blue in this city and being fully aware of the sheer misery that guarantees, I'd bring a child up to make up his or her own mind on who, if anyone, s/he supports. I really could not see myself indoctrinating any child of mine into a cult of misery. It would be just too cruel. If they go on to pick the Blues, fair enough, but indoctrinating a child into that, knowing the pain it guarantees is self-centred and harsh.

Every Evertonian, regardless of what they say, will have looked at us lifting the European Cup then parading it around the city and wishing it was them. They all crave that for themselves, every last one of them. Knowing they will almost certainly go to their graves without their club ever giving them such an experience must be utterly soul destroying and heartbreaking for the decent ones amongst them. I couldn't care less about the Bitters, but I do feel for the decent ones. The only thing their club is consistent in is letting them down time and time again.

We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Believer
I don't feel sorry enough for them to want them to win anything. They get what they earn.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
To be absolutely honest, if I were a Blue in this city and being fully aware of the sheer misery that guarantees, I'd bring a child up to make up his or her own mind on who, if anyone, s/he supports. I really could not see myself indoctrinating any child of mine into a cult of misery. It would be just too cruel. If they go on to pick the Blues, fair enough, but indoctrinating a child into that, knowing the pain it guarantees is self-centred and harsh.

Every Evertonian, regardless of what they say, will have looked at us lifting the European Cup then parading it around the city and wishing it was them. They all crave that for themselves, every last one of them. Knowing they will almost certainly go to their graves without their club ever giving them such an experience must be utterly soul destroying and heartbreaking for the decent ones amongst them. I couldn't care less about the Bitters, but I do feel for the decent ones. The only thing their club is consistent in is letting them down time and time again.

I left my lad to make his own mind up, if it was like when I was a kid and cheap/no fucking about with tickets I'd have probably got him into it more but it never bothered me that he wasn't that arsed about Liverpool as we never really did the dad and lad thing, then I got divorced and the ex mother-in-law bought him a united shirt for xmas the arl bitch, was fucking fuming

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer
  • In a squeeze play on the cheesy side of town
#TheLeagueWasTheBigOne #CocaColaConsolation

Actually, they've been loving slating the CL win as 'you can't lose 4 times and still be proud of a trophy' etc. Calling it the equivalent of the league cup, community shield etc... but if there are trophies you definitely can't lose 4 times and win then they're stuff like the one-game invitationals like the community shield and super cup! I'm pretty sure that any loss sees you out of the FA cup immediately and the league cup allows you to lose once, in a semi-final leg.

So in fact, the only competitions you can legitimately lose 4 times (or more!) and win the whole thing are the league itself and the champions league, both of which are universally regarded as the most prestigious competitions that premier league teams are involved in. It's almost like having to overcome adversity and win despite prior setbacks is one of the more dramatic reasons people like the game!

How many games did City lose in the league?

Liverpool?

What do the numbers 1 and 4 make?

How many games did Everton lose?

So, they are as good as Liverpool and City together (logic of the desperate and deluded)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 07:52:45 PM by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Believer
My brother is three years younger than me.  He decided he was an Everton fan to try and wind me up.  Now, admittedly, he was born in 1981, so he made that decision when they were a quality side.  He's also very much not bitter, and congratulates me when we win stuff.  He's sound, as many Evertonians we all know are.

He also texted me after the final and said "If I'd known this would happen, I'd just have got on with you when we were kids."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
When they sell Richarlison next season - the fewm will be great.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
City happy with their three trophies? This lad clearly hasn't seen City's official Twitter.  :wave

And they are going to be REAL happy to hear Champions OF Europe when we play.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
From ESPN:

Gomes, 25, will remain at Everton, where he spent last season on loan. The Premier League club have agreed a fee somewhere between €25 and 30 million with Barca and now just have to finalise the terms of the Portuguese midfielder's contract.

They're going to win the transfer trophy again aren't they...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
When Everton touches you

Offline Something Worse

• Believer
25 million to stand still.

Everton.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
When Everton touches you

He helped the revenge seeking sleeping beast giant close the gap to 43 points between them and us. Also once bossed the midfield against us in a game they lost.

He is an ambitious one.

Offline Chakan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
He helped the revenge seeking sleeping beast giant close the gap to 43 points between them and us. Also once bossed the midfield against us in a game they lost.

He is an ambitious one.

They keep stealing Barca’s best players

Offline disgraced cake

• Believer
  • Seis Veces
I don't think Gomes is as good as some made out last season, and I never really saw him in Spain so I can't say, but surprised the player himself apparently wants to stay at Everton. He's well like there so I respect him for that but surely it means the interest from Spurs isn't real, because at this moment in time you'd probably choose Spurs, especially if you're foreign and 'history' doesn't come into it, though I'd suggest Everton and Spurs are quite easily matched on that front.

Noticed with the blues though, a lot of players they love in the first season, they can go onto hate in the 2nd, Schniederlin is a perfect example of this recently. Be interesting to see if Richarlison starts talking about a move next season, I do rate him but it'd be funny seeing them all say they should sell him because of an attitude problem like they did with Lukaku even though he was their best player.
Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
For Everton's level, Gomes is really good.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked.
  • Believer
  • Insert something awesome here!
    • Yorkandbeyond
Noticed with the blues though, a lot of players they love in the first season

Like most, unknown first season, everyone knows him now and his flaws will be highlighted. I could swear I saw him kick it into touch about 5/6 times last season

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
For Everton's level, Gomes is really good.
Yeah, should be enough to keep them safe for another season  ;)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Believer
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!
Gomes is gone. £22m ;D

Offline Kekuleyule y'all!

• Believer
Gomes is gone. £22m ;D

It obviously wasn't the shop window he was hoping for, the poor lad has gone and got himself stuck there.

Offline Chakan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
fuck it it's gomez

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Believer
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!
It obviously wasn't the shop window he was hoping for, the poor lad has gone and got himself stuck there.

Do you know what, I completely forgot he was on loan there ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Funnier part - spurs probably want a better caliber player. Gomes isn’t going to get you back to a CL final n

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team.
  • Believer
  • JFT96
From ESPN:

Gomes, 25, will remain at Everton, where he spent last season on loan. The Premier League club have agreed a fee somewhere between €25 and 30 million with Barca and now just have to finalise the terms of the Portuguese midfielder's contract.

They're going to win the transfer trophy again aren't they...

Here’s an early call...

They’ve probably just spent a large majority of their budget on a player they had last season. Nice

Offline Kekuleyule y'all!

• Believer
He was a key member for the transfer window champions last summer and he’s going to be in the group that wins it again this year for the same club. I doubt that’s been done before, it’s remarkable achievement. Up there with Clarence Seedorf winning the European Cup with three different teams.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
Now Gomes has got his permanent deal, watch him turn to shite!

He was already getting stick from their fans late in the season after his form dipped dramatically, after some decent early season form.

Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
30m to keep the same squad as last season. Smashing deal.
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline aw1991

• Kopite
To be fair he was decent. If Rodri is worth 70m, then 30m for Gomes isn't bad. By some margin their best midfielder.

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Spending their entire summer budget on a player they already had last season.

Progress.

Online DelTrotter

• Believer
No surprise this seems to be going through when they've sold Vlasic, they are broke. And all that cash going on a lad who turns up for about 7 games a season. Ouch

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
They keep stealing Barca’s best players

When Everton come calling...  ::)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Believer

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
https://twitter.com/EvertonBlues_/status/1141352063135363073

Andre Gomes - £22m
Naby Keita - £60m

Ok...

Oh look, there's that putting fees up for effect thing going on again  ;D

I don't think now is the best time for them to be using Liverpool's Champions League winning players as some sort of comparison for their own signings. Not that there is a good time for Everton fans to be making out their own signings to be better than Liverpool's.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer

I don't think now is the best time for them to be using Liverpool's Champions League winning players as some sort of comparison for their own signings. Not that there is a good time for Everton fans to be making out their own signings to be better than Liverpool's.
Yes, let's compare prices of a European cup winning player with a player whose team finished 43 points behind his side last season.  :wave

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Sun don't shine in the shade

They just casually added another £8m to the fee  ::)
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Chakan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
https://twitter.com/EvertonBlues_/status/1141352063135363073

Andre Gomes - £22m
Naby Keita - £60m

Ok...

This is so much fun!

- $100

$250,000

Am I doing this right?