Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 922838 times)

Offline Original

• Believer
  • Sound
Re: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)
« Reply #16080 on: February 20, 2020, 09:18:01 AM »
I'd be pleased for them, but now it'll just be continuous "power shift" or "their heads have gone at little old everton" or some other such shite, which just takes the shine of for me.

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
Re: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)
« Reply #16081 on: February 20, 2020, 09:27:50 AM »
Also moves them further away from us too, which is an obvious bonus and maybe they will turn their current ground into something useful like a car park.

We could use a car park on match days to be honest. LFC should buy Goodison.  ;)
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline courty61

• Believer
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #16082 on: February 20, 2020, 09:29:33 AM »
Goodison already is used as a car park (the Park End) on matchdays. My old boss had a parking spec there.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #16083 on: February 20, 2020, 09:32:17 AM »
Goodison already is used as a car park (the Park End) on matchdays. My old boss had a parking spec there.

Yeah but we could build a proper multi story job, all gleaming red. ;D
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #16084 on: February 20, 2020, 09:55:57 AM »
Kin ell, I've lived in Bedford for 11 years and I've never heard of it  ;D

I only discovered it by chance whilst taking a detour to avoid an accident on the A428 that had gridlocked Wyboston and winging it. It did seem to have a faintly depressing dismal air about the place.

There is one in Hampshire too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everton,_Hampshire

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for a League Championship
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #16085 on: February 20, 2020, 10:09:35 AM »
I only discovered it by chance whilst taking a detour to avoid an accident on the A428 that had gridlocked Wyboston and winging it. It did seem to have a faintly depressing dismal air about the place.

Ah that would be the reason I've not heard of it. I live just off the 428. Once that Black Cat roundabout on the A1 is clogged, everyone with a SatNav is driving blindly through the countryside like lemmings. Even the local paper has no mention of an Everton in the sports pages in the Bedford versions of the old I Zingari leagues.  ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16087 on: February 20, 2020, 11:00:33 AM »

There's a village called Everton in South Yorkshiore/North Notts, Everton tried taking legal action over the local farm shop a few years ago wanting them to change their name :lmao

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/11/everton-fc-farm-shop-legal-action

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16088 on: February 20, 2020, 11:01:26 AM »
There's a village called Everton in South Yorkshiore/North Notts, Everton tried taking legal action over the local farm shop a few years agao wanting them to change their name :lmao

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/11/everton-fc-farm-shop-legal-action

Was it a local shop for local people by any chance? :D

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #16089 on: February 20, 2020, 11:03:34 AM »
https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2020/02/19/laing-orourke-nets-500m-everton-stadium/

The Peoples Project

They are still chucking this £500m figure around. With no funding announced?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
« Reply #16090 on: February 20, 2020, 11:04:37 AM »
Was it a local shop for local people by any chance? :D

;D

This is it, looks in better nick than Goodison

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4119433,-0.963257,3a,39.5y,168.1h,90.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sK8aY7gNJ1OcBsiUFoiGVZw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB

And they sell some bitter that's full of bittering hops, Everton love a bit of bittering ;D
https://twitter.com/EvertonFarmShop/status/585139095502004224

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 11:13:38 AM by FiSh77 »

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #16091 on: February 20, 2020, 11:07:57 AM »

No chance it ends up only costing £500m.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
« Reply #16092 on: February 20, 2020, 02:41:03 PM »
I'd be pleased for them, but now it'll just be continuous "power shift" or "their heads have gone at little old everton" or some other such shite, which just takes the shine of for me.
Will their powershift be like the Spurs one?

I mean Spurs have moved into a £1bn Cheese Bowl that was supposed to be an instant game changer for them.

Now let's just check how that's going for them...
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
« Reply #16093 on: February 20, 2020, 02:50:15 PM »
There's a village called Everton in South Yorkshiore/North Notts, Everton tried taking legal action over the local farm shop a few years ago wanting them to change their name :lmao

I'm not surprised there are little places in the countryside with the same name as the Shite.

Apparently, the word 'Everton' is derived from the Saxon word 'eofor', meaning wild boar (bore?  :) ) that lives in forests.

That's possibly been update to crazy bore that drinks in the Red Brick.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16094 on: February 20, 2020, 02:55:03 PM »

Couldn't resist. :D

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Andy @ Allerton

• Yowe big fat chubby git
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • One theory to rule them all
« Reply #16095 on: February 20, 2020, 03:17:50 PM »
https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2020/02/19/laing-orourke-nets-500m-everton-stadium/

The Peoples Project

I've seen those pictures and they seem mental to me.

Look how close the walkways are to the waterline. In rough winds, there are going to be five foot waves smashing into it and over it and it's going to be as blowy as fuck.

If you've ever worked in town near the Albert Dock or anywhere near Seaforth or Bootle then even inland the winds are incredible.

This is right out into where the worst winds are likely to be which will cause havoc with the ball for most months of the year, not to mention how much the weather could affect pedestrians and vehicles going into, leaving and within the structure.
Superstring theory is an attempt to explain all of the particles and fundamental forces of nature in one theory by modeling them as vibrations of tiny supersymmetric strings.

'Superstring theory' is a shorthand for supersymmetric string theory because unlike bosonic string theory, it is the version of string theory that accounts for both fermions

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #16096 on: February 20, 2020, 03:32:45 PM »

Look how close the walkways are to the waterline. In rough winds, there are going to be five foot waves smashing into it and over it and it's going to be as blowy as fuck.

If you've ever worked in town near the Albert Dock or anywhere near Seaforth or Bootle then even inland the winds are incredible.

This is right out into where the worst winds are likely to be which will cause havoc with the ball for most months of the year, not to mention how much the weather could affect pedestrians and vehicles going into, leaving and within the structure.

So the stadium is designed to help their hoofball.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Tepid T₂O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16097 on: February 20, 2020, 04:14:55 PM »
Spurs being much more expensive wasn’t just down to the ground don’t forget.   They had other costs.

And it’s clearly not either as big or as fancy as spurs’ stadium.

I reckon £500m is a bit optimistic, but i don’t see it as being ridiculously so
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

With courage, nothing is impossible.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #16098 on: February 20, 2020, 05:21:40 PM »

I can see this ending up like Candlestick Park was in San Francisco: freezing most of the year and windy as fuck throughout

Offline Pensby

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Pub
« Reply #16099 on: February 20, 2020, 07:07:56 PM »
It'll still be "iconic" though, just like the sewage plant 50yards away.

Perhaps I misread it and it actually said colonic.
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...

Offline mickeydocs

• Believer
« Reply #16100 on: February 20, 2020, 07:15:16 PM »

It's alright, panic over, GOT has the answer, Blues were claiming to be Reds in the survey.

Surely he can't suggest that Everton fans are prone to fibs. They are a dignified club don't you know.
This club is greater than any one player.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #16101 on: February 20, 2020, 08:42:53 PM »
Reckon it'll turn up being like MerseyTram project.

Looked up what happened to the steel bought.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/rails-failed-liverpool-tram-scheme-15606876

Had a chuckle at pic in the article. Fate?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller feller, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #16102 on: February 21, 2020, 01:44:43 PM »
Bramley Moor plans take a huge step forward.  :P
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win"

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=219996.msg7899639#msg7899639

Rest in peace Ray Osborne/shanklyboy

Online Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16103 on: February 21, 2020, 02:25:25 PM »
Billy the Fish to replace Pickles?
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #16104 on: February 21, 2020, 02:33:14 PM »
Reckon it'll turn up being like MerseyTram project.

Looked up what happened to the steel bought.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/rails-failed-liverpool-tram-scheme-15606876

Had a chuckle at pic in the article. Fate?

The steel price rise hampered Hicks and Gillett's stadium plans as well as I recall? Forced a redesign of the stadium. Thank goodness we dodged that bullet!

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Believer
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating light
« Reply #16105 on: February 21, 2020, 06:50:06 PM »
How on earth have they moved the existing Bullens Rd stand in its entirety and got it to Bramley Moore (left hand side shed)? Also love the fact that instead of a players tunnel they have a players waterway (right hand side next to halfway line), perhaps the players will get on to the pitch from a barge.
I have drummed it into our players time and again that they are privileged to play for you & if they didn't believe me then they believe me now!

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
« Reply #16106 on: February 21, 2020, 07:12:14 PM »

Where's Culvert-Lewin's diving board?

Offline Pensby

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Pub
« Reply #16107 on: February 21, 2020, 08:38:59 PM »
a players waterway (right hand side next to halfway line), perhaps the players will get on to the pitch from a barge.
Is the waterway wide enough to prevent ingress of casually lobbed children?
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...

Online Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16108 on: February 21, 2020, 08:44:16 PM »
So, not quite sure of the geography here. Will that be the Town End and the Shitfactory End?
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #16109 on: February 22, 2020, 12:02:23 AM »
Wrong orientation
The River end and the Terry’s Timber Shed U Like end. If you know your istory,
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
« Reply #16110 on: February 22, 2020, 02:10:16 AM »
Wrong orientation
The River end and the Terry’s Timber Shed U Like end. If you know your estuary,

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #16111 on: February 22, 2020, 02:41:31 AM »
In case anybody didn't know, the Mersey has the second highest tidal range in the UK after the Severn.  I hope Everton have taken this into account.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16112 on: February 22, 2020, 02:53:53 AM »
Wrong orientation
The River end and the Terry’s Timber Shed U Like end. If you know your istory,
Ah thanks. That's a shame. Shitfactory End would have been hilarious and a continuous source of wind ups. But in any case the best thing is that if it ever gets built, the sewage works would itself have a Shitfactory End.
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline fredfrop

• IWOOT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • After Truth comes Justice
« Reply #16113 on: February 22, 2020, 06:52:07 AM »
In case anybody didn't know, the Mersey has the second highest tidal range in the UK after the Severn.  I hope Everton have taken this into account.
That's ok, climate change won't have any affect on tide levels. Nothing to see here.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16114 on: February 22, 2020, 07:39:23 AM »

Their Moyesli was supposed to be one of the best around but was actually very underwhelming.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16115 on: February 22, 2020, 08:15:54 AM »

Yep. It will be a nightmare playing football there. Anfield gets its share of swirling wind but it will be nothing on this*

*if it ever gets built

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #16116 on: February 22, 2020, 08:55:19 AM »
Yep. It will be a nightmare playing football there. Anfield gets its share of swirling wind but it will be nothing on this*

*if it ever gets built
Seriously.
In the light of games being cancelled due to high winds as per City, or ice and snow on roads and paths leading to the ground, the location north of the Pier Head could prove a tad exposed. Especially, if their artists impressions are to be believed, there is very close proximity to the river and the dock waters. Mann Island is bleak enough in the Winter, let alone further down river.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Kopite
« Reply #16117 on: February 22, 2020, 09:00:54 AM »

I used to live in that white set of flats in front of the Echo (ahem, sorry, M&S Bank) Arena with my ex. The wind coming off the river is brutal in the latter days of Autumn and the whole of Winter. Had to lean into the wind to make any sort of headway from the car to the flat some days and you'd see horizontal rain when it was really bad. Add to that all the additional moisture in the air meant the ground got slippy often and they could have some fun getting the fans in the ground. Going to be old fellas taking off all over the shop.

Wasn't all bad like, the seagulls took a particular dislike to a car in the car park for some reason and would use it to break open the mollusks/mussels they'd find in the river. Just dive streaight in to the river, fly up as high as they could and lash them onto the car. Was covered in dents, broken windows and windshield and as much seagull shit as they could muster. They pretty much ignored most other cars and made me wonder what slight this car had done to them.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16118 on: February 22, 2020, 09:06:52 AM »
If the bitters could adjust to the conditions, it would be a great home advantage for them as everyone else would be baffled by the conditions.

Offline Alan574

• Main Stander
« Reply #16119 on: February 22, 2020, 09:27:27 AM »
I used to live in that white set of flats in front of the Echo (ahem, sorry, M&S Bank) Arena with my ex. The wind coming off the river is brutal in the latter days of Autumn and the whole of Winter. Had to lean into the wind to make any sort of headway from the car to the flat some days and you'd see horizontal rain when it was really bad. Add to that all the additional moisture in the air meant the ground got slippy often and they could have some fun getting the fans in the ground. Going to be old fellas taking off all over the shop.

Wasn't all bad like, the seagulls took a particular dislike to a car in the car park for some reason and would use it to break open the mollusks/mussels they'd find in the river. Just dive streaight in to the river, fly up as high as they could and lash them onto the car. Was covered in dents, broken windows and windshield and as much seagull shit as they could muster. They pretty much ignored most other cars and made me wonder what slight this car had done to them.

Was it red?