Author Topic: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).  (Read 147712 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).
« Reply #960 on: January 10, 2019, 03:15:49 PM »
Not sure, don't think I saw those quotes from his agent.

He's doing really well at Hertha Berlin and their manager has said that we've already told them that we want Grujic back in our squad next season so I'm not writing him off yet.
Fair play, not been watching him too closely nor had I read those quotes from their manager. More than happy to be wrong on this one as funnily I remember being really made up when he signed. Be  doubly made up if he comes good for us!
I know about the 10+ hoes a week, and it’s something I’m willing to do.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
« Reply #961 on: January 10, 2019, 03:18:30 PM »
I agree 100%. Losing Salah, Mane or Firmino for 4-5 matches without a similar-functioning replacement possessing 80% of their ability could be the difference in the title race.

Yes, and we shouldn't have to think to ourselves 'well it might be better if we go out to Bayern Munich' we need to be well equipped for those 2 game a week, weeks
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #962 on: January 10, 2019, 03:34:15 PM »
Fair play, not been watching him too closely nor had I read those quotes from their manager. More than happy to be wrong on this one as funnily I remember being really made up when he signed. Be  doubly made up if he comes good for us!

He's been doing really well at Hertha

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/liverpool-s-marko-grujic-by-far-the-best-midfielder-hertha-berlin-dardai-518902.jsp

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Believer
« Reply #963 on: January 10, 2019, 03:43:47 PM »

Questions
Do we resign Milner or extend his contract before this happens?
Does this depend on Leeds' push for promotion?
Are Grabara and Kelleher realistically enough cover for Alisson?

Key Purchases Required
Back up keeper, prefereably someone with experience who would not impede the progress of Grabara and Kelleher.
Ryan Sessegnon or a player of his ilk, young left back with the ability to play further forward.
Timo Werner or a player of his ilk, able to cover and rotate in the front three or play as a striker in 4-2-3-1.
Someone to take up Lallana's place in the side. A combination of buying Timo Werner, the Ox returning and potentially a youth player stepping up may be enough to nullify this requirement?

Still an offensive player short?

I thought James Pearce had confirmed that Milner's contract runs until end of 2020? If so, I'd let him go on a free at the end of that. Would feel the time was right from a playing perspective and probably gives Milner a wider range of options. Ie Leeds at that stage might be able to do the wages and a fee, but mean they have to mis out on other targets.. etc etc. I wouldn't be in a rush to move him out of the club though. He probably shouldn't be playing more than 5/10 games a season in midfield by that stage, but he's a brilliant example and leader for the younger kids and a properly capable player all across the pitch. Would probably be on my bench every week.

Re the keepers you've listed, I have no idea. If they're good enough, then numbers are fine (I'm assuming we're not getting into the depths of replacing u18/23 players/numbers here!?) I don't want Mignolet to play for us again.

In your key purchases section - I'd add a centre half. It's not as important as another elite forward, but it's not far off second priority for me. We're sorted from a starting eleven perspective, and I'm fine with the ability levels of Lovren and Matip as first sub/backup - but not their fitness. To be honest, even though I think Lovren is a better centre back, I'd probably keep Matip over him. Matip is much better on the ball I think and much more suited as a CB you want playing against those low block sides - which is where we'd be likely to see our CBs rotated. We'd maybe, maybe, be able to command a higher fee for Lovren as well.

Back-up left back I agree with entirely, plus a backup keeper. I think it's highly unlikely, regardless of how impressive his debut was, that Hoever is considered our backup RB. So, depending on what happens with Clyne, we may need to consider something there. Personally, I'd try and keep Clyne. Let him get ~6 months at Bournemouth, get fit, get sharp - come back and fight for the position here. I'm not a big fan of thinking of Gomez as both our starting CB (which he should be) and a backup RB, as he hardly ever gets the required rest that way.

I'd also like that Fekir/Shaqiri type, but at an elite level. Someone who's competing day in day out with Shaqiri & Ox for that advanced midfield slot but is a genuine option to be brought in for one, two or three of Mane, Salah and Bobby. If the currently ridiculous Coutinho rumours become less ridiculous, we should 100% take a look.

So, in terms of my definite ins:

Elite Forward
Elite AM/Forward
Very good Centre Back
Backup left back
Backup keeper.
Backup right back.

That's on the assumption that Lallana, Lovren/Matip, Moreno, Mignolet and Clyne leave.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #964 on: January 10, 2019, 04:38:24 PM »
I think it's highly unlikely, regardless of how impressive his debut was, that Hoever is considered our backup RB. So, depending on what happens with Clyne, we may need to consider something there. Personally, I'd try and keep Clyne. Let him get ~6 months at Bournemouth, get fit, get sharp - come back and fight for the position here. I'm not a big fan of thinking of Gomez as both our starting CB (which he should be) and a backup RB, as he hardly ever gets the required rest that way.

I think we'll see Milner at RB a fair bit next season. I'd expect he'll be slightly squeezed out of the midfield picture - Fabinho starting more often, Chamberlain back, Keita hopefully settled - so he might need to settle for some minutes at fullback.

We could also keep Camacho around, although I'd expect him to be loaned/sold.

Offline Rick-40

• Might be missing a 'p'. If found, please return to RAWK Towers in a stamped SAE for a reward.
  • Believer
« Reply #965 on: January 10, 2019, 04:42:38 PM »
We need to sign one or two players on loan.
P

Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly,
The Fields of Anfield Road,
We are loyal supporters,
And we come from around the world!

Allez, Allez, Allez...

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Believer
« Reply #966 on: January 10, 2019, 04:50:22 PM »
We need to sign one or two players on loan.

Why? Where for?

What sort of quality are we going to be able to get on loan?

I think we'll see Milner at RB a fair bit next season. I'd expect he'll be slightly squeezed out of the midfield picture - Fabinho starting more often, Chamberlain back, Keita hopefully settled - so he might need to settle for some minutes at fullback.

We could also keep Camacho around, although I'd expect him to be loaned/sold.

Agree on Camacho, he looks like he's got talent but looks like he needs to develop physically still. Maybe there's an argument where he's Trent's replacement in games against weaker teams and Gomez would move across if Trent was unavailable against higher level opponents. Think it's unlikely though.

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #967 on: January 10, 2019, 05:26:43 PM »
I'd really be surprised if we ended up signing more than three players in the summer.  At an absolute push we might sign four like we did last summer, but we're more in the fine-tuning stage and adding one or two more finishing pieces to what we have.

An attacking signing would ideally be a priority and take up the majority of our spending.  Otherwise we're probably looking at a replacement for Moreno, which I think will be a young player, and a backup goalkeeper to replace Mignolet.  We're looking in strong shape besides that with a few players who can cover various positions beyond our strongest eleven.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #968 on: January 10, 2019, 05:34:09 PM »
I thought James Pearce had confirmed that Milner's contract runs until end of 2020? If so, I'd let him go on a free at the end of that. Would feel the time was right from a playing perspective and probably gives Milner a wider range of options. Ie Leeds at that stage might be able to do the wages and a fee, but mean they have to mis out on other targets.. etc etc. I wouldn't be in a rush to move him out of the club though. He probably shouldn't be playing more than 5/10 games a season in midfield by that stage, but he's a brilliant example and leader for the younger kids and a properly capable player all across the pitch. Would probably be on my bench every week.

Re the keepers you've listed, I have no idea. If they're good enough, then numbers are fine (I'm assuming we're not getting into the depths of replacing u18/23 players/numbers here!?) I don't want Mignolet to play for us again.

In your key purchases section - I'd add a centre half. It's not as important as another elite forward, but it's not far off second priority for me. We're sorted from a starting eleven perspective, and I'm fine with the ability levels of Lovren and Matip as first sub/backup - but not their fitness. To be honest, even though I think Lovren is a better centre back, I'd probably keep Matip over him. Matip is much better on the ball I think and much more suited as a CB you want playing against those low block sides - which is where we'd be likely to see our CBs rotated. We'd maybe, maybe, be able to command a higher fee for Lovren as well.

Back-up left back I agree with entirely, plus a backup keeper. I think it's highly unlikely, regardless of how impressive his debut was, that Hoever is considered our backup RB. So, depending on what happens with Clyne, we may need to consider something there. Personally, I'd try and keep Clyne. Let him get ~6 months at Bournemouth, get fit, get sharp - come back and fight for the position here. I'm not a big fan of thinking of Gomez as both our starting CB (which he should be) and a backup RB, as he hardly ever gets the required rest that way.

I'd also like that Fekir/Shaqiri type, but at an elite level. Someone who's competing day in day out with Shaqiri & Ox for that advanced midfield slot but is a genuine option to be brought in for one, two or three of Mane, Salah and Bobby. If the currently ridiculous Coutinho rumours become less ridiculous, we should 100% take a look.

So, in terms of my definite ins:

Elite Forward
Elite AM/Forward
Very good Centre Back
Backup left back
Backup keeper.
Backup right back.

That's on the assumption that Lallana, Lovren/Matip, Moreno, Mignolet and Clyne leave.

You think we're signing six players in one window, two of them costing 50 million plus? We're not going to be able to spend as much as we did this summer every summer.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn.
  • Kopite
« Reply #969 on: January 10, 2019, 05:36:51 PM »
I'd really be surprised if we ended up signing more than three players in the summer.  At an absolute push we might sign four like we did last summer, but we're more in the fine-tuning stage and adding one or two more finishing pieces to what we have.

An attacking signing would ideally be a priority and take up the majority of our spending.  Otherwise we're probably looking at a replacement for Moreno, which I think will be a young player, and a backup goalkeeper to replace Mignolet.  We're looking in strong shape besides that with a few players who can cover various positions beyond our strongest eleven.

I'd guess direct replacements for Migs, Moreno and Matip. As in those players won't play regularly but will offer more. Matip is unavailable through injury too often. I think there will be two big signings this summer. An AM to go straight into the first team and play the role Bobby is now. And that will mean the end of Lallana. And then a front 3 player to replace Origi and Sturridge and provide real competition/cover. So I think 5 players.

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #970 on: January 10, 2019, 05:42:51 PM »
I'd guess direct replacements for Migs, Moreno and Matip. As in those players won't play regularly but will offer more. Matip is unavailable through injury too often. I think there will be two big signings this summer. An AM to go straight into the first team and play the role Bobby is now. And that will mean the end of Lallana. And then a front 3 player to replace Origi and Sturridge and provide real competition/cover. So I think 5 players.

Unless Matip wants to leave, I don't think we're moving him on.

In terms of an AM, we've got Shaqiri, Oxlade-Chamberlain will be back and Keita - how many more do we need?  Lallana barely gets on the pitch these days so I'm struggling to see why we need to pay more money for another midfielder if he goes.  That still leaves us with the three mentioned, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner, so seven players for three positions.  And that's discounting the possiblity that we might have plans for Grujic next season.

We need a front three player given Sturridge and Origi are likely gone, we're otherwise strong in terms of our attacking options.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn.
  • Kopite
« Reply #971 on: January 10, 2019, 06:18:54 PM »
Shaq isn't really an AM and Keita is an 8. Klopp wanted Fekir to fill that 10 role in our first team and that need hasn't gone away. A new AM and Ox to share the number 10 role and Fab, Hendo, Gini and Keita for the two midfield roles. Milner providing cover at RB and midfield. If Grujic is to come back into the squad it will be as an option for one of two the midfield roles but he'll have to do something miraculous to displace anyone who is already here considering how little Klopp has played him.

I think there is enough smoke there to suggest we want a CB, and I suspect that will at the expense of Matip.

Online Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #972 on: January 10, 2019, 06:24:10 PM »
Shaq isn't really an AM and Keita is an 8. Klopp wanted Fekir to fill that 10 role in our first team and that need hasn't gone away. A new AM and Ox to share the number 10 role and Fab, Hendo, Gini and Keita for the two midfield roles. Milner providing cover at RB and midfield. If Grujic is to come back into the squad it will be as an option for one of two the midfield roles but he'll have to do something miraculous to displace anyone who is already here considering how little Klopp has played him.

He is. 

We don't need another midfielder, not unless a couple of our current options are moving on in the summer or will be happy to not get on the bench unless we have some pretty awful luck with injuries.

I think there is enough smoke there to suggest we want a CB, and I suspect that will at the expense of Matip.

What smoke? 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:25:53 PM by Djimi Smicer34 »

Offline Floop

• Main Stander
« Reply #973 on: January 10, 2019, 06:25:14 PM »
I would imagine our outgoings in the summer will be something like:
Mignolet
Clyne
Moreno
Lallana
Origi
Sturridge
and maybe Milner if he wants to go back to Leeds
Signings would have to be made to replace Mignolet and moreno directly, with Origi effectively getting replaced as our left wing cover by a big money attacker.
Clyne could probably just be replaced by Camacho/Hoever, as Fabinho, Gomez and Milner can all play there. Lallana could be replaced by Jones and Sturridge by Brewster. That leaves Milner and if he leaves we would need to buy a replacement unless we feel Grujic is ready.
So in terms of incomings
backup keeper
backup leftback
big money left sided attacker
maybe a midfielder if Milner leaves
Otherwise I feel like our squad is strong enough and versatile enough that we can afford to have youth players fill in the gaps.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Red since '64
« Reply #974 on: January 10, 2019, 06:54:57 PM »
I love the lad, but counting on Ox being the player he was is wishful thinking given the nature of his injury. Everyone, me included, hope he makes it, that goes without saying. And Klopp would only ever make the right noises publicly. But given the evidence of those who have gone before, having suffered similarly, it’s a very big ask.

Shaqiri and Sturridge are exceptionally talented, but do they offer enough “without the ball” for a Klopp team? I have to say I doubt it - In Daniel’s case age and injuries add to the doubt, in Shaq’s, it’s fair to ask whether it’s possible to teach old dogs new tricks - sufficient to enable him to be anything other than a bench player or a starter against dross. He was a bargain price, and worth buying, but I think he’s the very definition of squad player.

With Milly, it’s a different story. He’s got the physical and mental capabilities to play at a high level for a few more years - he’s a model pro in every sense and has looked after himself. The Leeds links - are they concrete? I suspect it might boil down to playing time with him, as it was when he joined us from City.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Klopp and Edwards push the boat out in the summer for a Fekir type - an established mid-20s versatile attacker/midfielder with the skill set to play in a number of positions.

So far as talk of a backup ‘keeper and left back, I agree with the consensus - we need better than what we’ve got.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #975 on: January 10, 2019, 06:58:10 PM »
Let's have some transfer gossip.
"There have been enquiries from English sides and if Ramsey was to remain in the Premier League he would favour a move to Liverpool."
Full story here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46829986
Klopp on next year’s final being in Istanbul… I told UEFA already: we will be there! Give me a few minutes!

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #976 on: January 10, 2019, 07:05:07 PM »
"There have been enquiries from English sides and if Ramsey was to remain in the Premier League he would favour a move to Liverpool."
Full story here:

The attacking midfielder.

But we don't seem to be interested.

If we sell the players mooted, will we need replacement English trained players in the 25?

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #977 on: January 10, 2019, 07:06:17 PM »
Full story here:

Hasn't he agreed to go to Juventus?

Offline RedG13

• Kopite
« Reply #978 on: January 10, 2019, 07:11:51 PM »
Nothing is official until it pen to paper and the club confirms, that seems his likely where he will end up though

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #979 on: January 10, 2019, 07:21:36 PM »
According to Ornstein: The 28-year-old's current preference is to join the Italian champions but, contrary to some reports, he has yet to make a final decision and will continue to consider offers from a number of Europe's leading clubs.
It doesn't say whether we are interested, merely that he rather fancies us.
Klopp on next year’s final being in Istanbul… I told UEFA already: we will be there! Give me a few minutes!

Offline Sangria

• Ally Machoist
  • Believer
« Reply #980 on: January 10, 2019, 07:31:45 PM »
The attacking midfielder.

But we don't seem to be interested.

If we sell the players mooted, will we need replacement English trained players in the 25?

Titi's list has 13 non-homegrowns including Werner but not including Grujic. You're allowed 17.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline RedG13

• Kopite
« Reply #981 on: January 10, 2019, 07:44:26 PM »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Squad
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keepers
Alisson Becker
Simon Mignolet
Caoimhin Kelleher

DEFENDERS
Virgil van Dijk
Dejan Lovren
Joe Gomez
Alberto Moreno
Andy Robertson
Joel Matip
Nathaniel Phillips
Trent Alexander-Arnold

MIDFIELDERS
Fabinho
Georginio Wijnaldum
James Milner
Naby Keita
Jordan Henderson
Adam Lallana
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Xherdan Shaqiri
Curtis Jones
Lazar Markovic
Connor Randall
Rafael Camacho
Pedro Chirivella

FORWARDS
Roberto Firmino
Sadio Mane
Mohamed Salah
Daniel Sturridge
Rhian Brewster
Divock Origi

ON LOAN
Loris Karius
Nathaniel Clyne
Marko Grujic
Danny Ings
Adam Bogdan
Ryan Kent
Ovie Ejaria
Sheyi Ojo
Ben Woodburn
Harry Wilson
Kamil Grabara
Allan
Taiwo Awoniyi

Outs (Sales and Contracts Expiring)
Simon Mignolet
Alberto Moreno
James Milner
Lazar Markovic
Connor Randall
Adam Lallana
Daniel Sturridge
Divock Origi
Loris Karius
Nathaniel Clyne
Marko Grujic
Danny Ings
Adam Bogdan
Ryan Kent
Ovie Ejaria
Sheyi Ojo

Ins
Step Up From Youth Set Up
Ki-Jana Hoever

Loan to First Team Set Up
Kamil Grabara
Harry Wilson

Questions
Do we resign Milner or extend his contract before this happens?
Does this depend on Leeds' push for promotion?
Are Grabara and Kelleher realistically enough cover for Alisson?

Key Purchases Required
Back up keeper, prefereably someone with experience who would not impede the progress of Grabara and Kelleher.
Ryan Sessegnon or a player of his ilk, young left back with the ability to play further forward.
Timo Werner or a player of his ilk, able to cover and rotate in the front three or play as a striker in 4-2-3-1.
Someone to take up Lallana's place in the side. A combination of buying Timo Werner, the Ox returning and potentially a youth player stepping up may be enough to nullify this requirement?

Squad on 1st September 2019
Keepers
Alisson Becker
Back Up Keeper
Kamil Grabara/Caoimhin Kelleher

DEFENDERS
Virgil van Dijk
Dejan Lovren
Joe Gomez
Joel Matip
Andy Robertson
Ryan Sessegnon
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Ki-Jana Hoever
Nathaniel Phillips

MIDFIELDERS
Fabinho
Georginio Wijnaldum
James Milner
Naby Keita
Jordan Henderson
James Milner
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Xherdan Shaqiri
Curtis Jones
Harry Wilson
Rafael Camacho
Pedro Chirivella

FORWARDS
Roberto Firmino
Sadio Mane
Mohamed Salah
Timo Werner
Rhian Brewster

Still an offensive player short?
I highly doubt Sessognon is going to be a LB in the future. He has a higher XG+A then Zaha per understat at .21 xg per 90 with .19 Xa per 90 and his 18 and playing LB at times. https://understat.com/player/6837

Also no Adam Lewis step up? he been training with first time. Also Camacho we want to develop as a RB if we keep him I believe.
I would think we go like Lloyd Kelly or similar type to him that can play LB but future is CB(so left sided Joe Gomez).

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #982 on: January 10, 2019, 07:45:41 PM »
Titi's list has 13 non-homegrowns including Werner but not including Grujic. You're allowed 17.
Squad on 1st September 2019
Keepers
Alisson Becker
Back Up Keeper
Kamil Grabara/Caoimhin Kelleher

DEFENDERS
Virgil van Dijk
Dejan Lovren
Joe Gomez
Joel Matip
Andy Robertson
Ryan Sessegnon
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Ki-Jana Hoever
Nathaniel Phillips

MIDFIELDERS
Fabinho
Georginio Wijnaldum
James Milner
Naby Keita
Jordan Henderson
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Xherdan Shaqiri
Curtis Jones
Harry Wilson
Rafael Camacho
Pedro Chirivella
Marko Grujić

FORWARDS
Roberto Firmino
Sadio Mane
Mohamed Salah
Timo Werner
Rhian Brewster
I think that's looking tight. No need to add players for the sake of it. Quality not quantity and all that :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:49:13 PM by Titi Camara »
I know about the 10+ hoes a week, and it’s something I’m willing to do.

Offline blacksun

• Believer
« Reply #983 on: January 10, 2019, 08:14:44 PM »
Chirivella will be gone, we tried to sell him last summer but he turned down the move. He's not getting close to the first team.

Also think we will look for an experienced option for front 3 if Sturridge goes.

Online Agent99

• Believer
« Reply #984 on: January 10, 2019, 08:28:37 PM »
Full story here:
Wouldn't surprise me if we enquired but told him to do one when he asked for astronomical wages. Sounds like he wants us to come back to the table.

An injury prone 28 year old playing in one of our most physical positions is not a deal I think we will go for even if he is free (to an extent!).

Offline cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #985 on: January 10, 2019, 08:34:16 PM »
Full story here:

That just reads like an agent bumping how much he can get paid.

I highly doubt Sessognon is going to be a LB in the future. He has a higher XG+A then Zaha per understat at .21 xg per 90 with .19 Xa per 90 and his 18 and playing LB at times. https://understat.com/player/6837

Also no Adam Lewis step up? he been training with first time. Also Camacho we want to develop as a RB if we keep him I believe.
I would think we go like Lloyd Kelly or similar type to him that can play LB but future is CB(so left sided Joe Gomez).

I think Sessegnon and Werner as a pair could be good signings in terms of quality and balance in the squad. Werner can play all across the frontline whilst Sessegnon splits his time between rotation in for Robertson at LB and providing another option as the left forward.

I guess the question is are they the best quality you can get for how much they would cost?

Offline HARD AS HELL

• Main Stander
  • Hitachi
« Reply #986 on: January 10, 2019, 09:09:05 PM »
Any discussion of next season's squad sadly needs to take into account the fact that some of our better players might leave. Our scintillating front three and our world class centre back will surely be on the radars of those mega rich clubs with oil money and the like to burn.
I absolutely hate the thought but it has happened to us before and it will happen again.  Sure, our star players make all the right noises now but they all left a trail of broken hearted fans behind them when they joined us.
It's a fun academic exercise but a lot can happen before August 2019.

PS,  So let's get a world class forward in this month, just in case ☺

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer