Author Topic: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).  (Read 147788 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Believer
Re: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).
« Reply #880 on: January 8, 2019, 11:34:11 AM »
According to Klopp, Virgil's injured but he didn't seem too worried.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online tubby

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #881 on: January 8, 2019, 11:36:35 AM »

Don't do this to me.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Kopite
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #882 on: January 8, 2019, 11:49:03 AM »

::)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Believer
« Reply #883 on: January 8, 2019, 11:50:42 AM »
Don't do this to me.
I'm surprised non of the big sides are reporting this (I found this on 101goals), but it's still a direct quote:

Klopp said: “I had to make these [9] changes. A few players were really ill and then in the last session we lost Lallana with a minor thing, but it’s enough [to rule him out]. Hendo had something from the Man City game. Virg cannot play; he is at home and hopefully it is nothing but he has played all the games so far.”.”

Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #884 on: January 8, 2019, 11:52:30 AM »
In other words, it's code for: We didn't want Van Dijk to be anywhere near this game so he has a 'knock'.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #885 on: January 8, 2019, 11:53:32 AM »
Klopp has said he’s not signing a CB for the sake of a couple of weeks until Gomez and Matip are back.

If VVD has any kind of issue worth being concerned about, he’d probably feel differently.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #886 on: January 8, 2019, 11:55:49 AM »
Couldn’t hurt to sign an experienced CB on loan or short term deal. We’re short there and both Matip and Lovren pick up constant injuries.

Fabinho shouldn’t be an option as weakens midfield drastically.

Did I read Pepe is available? Could he do a job?

I'd rather play Fabinho at centre back for what is likely to be 1 game, 2 at the most, than bring in a makeshift centre back. Fabinho knows the system and the league. Something Pepe might struggle with. Also would you give someone like Pepe an 18 month contract on 80k p/w for what might amount to 1 or 2 games? He'd be surplus to requirements by the end of January.

Fabinho at centre back isn't ideal. But we'd still have Wijnadlum and Henderson, Keita, Milner, Lallana, Shaqiri to play in the 3 nominal midfield positions.

It's be for BHA away and Palace at home at the most. Also Matip, broke his collarbone so he should still be able to do certain fitness work and stay in reasonable shape. Integration back into the team shouldn't be to bad. Gomez might be slightly different since a leg injury means he might not have trained for weeks and lack a bit of match fitness.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #887 on: January 8, 2019, 11:56:04 AM »
In other words, it's code for: We didn't want Van Dijk to be anywhere near this game so he has a 'knock'.

Yep. If last night was a Premier League game, you can bet that Van Dijk would have played.

Klopp also made a point last night of saying that Gomez is already back doing full fitness work, so once he's back in team training he'll be able to play straight away basically as he'll be at full fitness.

And really, this is the best possible time to have a crisis in defence. We only have three games left this month. Brighton on Saturday, then a full week till Palace and then 10/11 days until Leicester. The worst case scenario is probably that Fabinho has to play CB in two of those, but more likely just Brighton. Any other time of the season, the worry would be that by dropping Fabinho into CB, it limits our rotation options in midfield. But we don't have to rotate there since we have significant rest periods.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2019, 12:01:09 PM by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline Linudden

• Believer
« Reply #888 on: January 8, 2019, 11:59:42 AM »
Fabinho had none of the starting four players that will be available for Brighton around him (Alisson, Trent, van Dijk, Robertson) and aside from overcompensating with the tackle after a horrific pass from another player, he did look assured. It'll be much easier for him to play with one, if not the best, centre-back in the world in the next game. Also add that Wijnaldum plays a huge role in the collective defence with his insane amount of running and covering of spaces in front of the back four, not to mention him being extremely reliable as a possession-carrier. If the others do their normal job against Brighton in that regard, Fabinho won't be put in positions where he has to make decisions he's not used to do. If that's the case, I think he'll be fine.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #889 on: January 8, 2019, 12:06:01 PM »
Sky saying that Tammy Abraham has turned down a loan move to Wolves. Complete speculation, but wonder if they could turn their attention to Origi? They apparently wanted him in the summer and (I think) he turned them down. But they're a much more attractive prospect now that they've proven they're a top eight side.

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #890 on: January 8, 2019, 12:22:59 PM »
I'd rather play Fabinho at centre back for what is likely to be 1 game, 2 at the most, than bring in a makeshift centre back. Fabinho knows the system and the league. Something Pepe might struggle with. Also would you give someone like Pepe an 18 month contract on 80k p/w for what might amount to 1 or 2 games? He'd be surplus to requirements by the end of January.

Fabinho at centre back isn't ideal. But we'd still have Wijnadlum and Henderson, Keita, Milner, Lallana, Shaqiri to play in the 3 nominal midfield positions.

It's be for BHA away and Palace at home at the most. Also Matip, broke his collarbone so he should still be able to do certain fitness work and stay in reasonable shape. Integration back into the team shouldn't be to bad. Gomez might be slightly different since a leg injury means he might not have trained for weeks and lack a bit of match fitness.

You say at most, but Matip and Lovren pick up constant injuries, and Gomez picks up the odd few too.

I’d think it would be silly to not at least explore who is available as cover. Better to have them than not.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Believer
« Reply #891 on: January 8, 2019, 12:42:47 PM »
Sky saying that Tammy Abraham has turned down a loan move to Wolves. Complete speculation, but wonder if they could turn their attention to Origi? They apparently wanted him in the summer and (I think) he turned them down. But they're a much more attractive prospect now that they've proven they're a top eight side.

They can have him in the summer then.  That goal he scored against them should add about 10m on to the price though. 

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #892 on: January 8, 2019, 02:00:14 PM »
I’d think it would be silly to not at least explore who is available as cover. Better to have them than not.

Defo not Pepe. Just signed for Porto.

I'd be surprised if there is a short term replacement, with on loan or permanent, who is available in January that could step straight into our 1st team and then be a genuine option going forward over the next 12-18 months.

I'm struggling trying to think of anyone who fits that bill. They'd need to be pretty good (i.e. Lovren or Matip level) or there's literally no point. Even with the injury prone centre backs we have, we've gone through ~30 games before we have to go to our 5th choice centre back in an important game.

If there's some one available then great. Let's explore it. Genuinely doubt there is. Feel exactly the same about our forward options. Players out there who could bolster the squad and be long term additions. However, the pool of players is quite small and I doubt many, if any, would be available this month.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online jizzspunk

• Kopite
« Reply #893 on: January 8, 2019, 02:13:17 PM »
We ain't signing a centre back

Next?
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Jeieli

• Gino Oh Gino Gin-nel-leee
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #894 on: January 8, 2019, 03:06:56 PM »
testing

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #895 on: January 8, 2019, 03:18:22 PM »
testing

I agree - it is a testing time coming to thread and knowing there will be no signings.

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
« Reply #896 on: January 8, 2019, 03:22:29 PM »
testing
Danish wonder kid we are signing?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #897 on: January 8, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »
I'm surprised non of the big sides are reporting this (I found this on 101goals), but it's still a direct quote:
That doesn't say Van Dijk is injured. It just says he cannot play, two sentences after Klopp says players are really ill.

So he may just have man flu.

Offline Babelcopter

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #898 on: January 8, 2019, 09:48:47 PM »
That doesn't say Van Dijk is injured. It just says he cannot play, two sentences after Klopp says players are really ill.

So he may just have man flu.

van flu?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #899 on: January 8, 2019, 10:14:09 PM »
van flu?
;D

and we need to hold a Virgil Vigil until he is healthy.

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #900 on: January 8, 2019, 10:15:34 PM »
testing
First we were teased with Fekir Friday, now it's Testing Tuesday :no

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #901 on: January 8, 2019, 10:35:38 PM »
would chelsea sell hudson-odoi to us if we outbid bayern?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Believer
« Reply #902 on: January 8, 2019, 10:36:06 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no.

Online darragh85

• Kopite
« Reply #903 on: January 8, 2019, 10:46:36 PM »
Pavard anyone?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #904 on: January 8, 2019, 10:48:43 PM »

Absolutely non starter. Besides he's not been linked

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #905 on: January 8, 2019, 10:55:25 PM »
Pavard anyone?

wouldn'd help right now, he's injured too!

Good young player though for sure.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • Believer
« Reply #906 on: January 9, 2019, 12:49:26 AM »
Bit of a random thought, but I wouldn't mind seeing us try to buy a few of the best 16 year olds in Europe (no idea who they are, mind) before Brexit happens and fucks everything up. Read somewhere that British clubs will probably not be able to buy foreign players that young after we gloriously reassert our  independence.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Believer
« Reply #907 on: January 9, 2019, 03:36:05 AM »
Hoever up before the shop closes, amirite?

Online Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #908 on: January 9, 2019, 06:29:21 AM »
Bit of a random thought, but I wouldn't mind seeing us try to buy a few of the best 16 year olds in Europe (no idea who they are, mind) before Brexit happens and fucks everything up. Read somewhere that British clubs will probably not be able to buy foreign players that young after we gloriously reassert our  independence.
regardless of that it’s a good idea as they’d become club trained after a few years and I think the only first teamers that are likely to be in the CL squad next season are Trent, Gomez and wilson

Offline latortuga

• Believer
« Reply #909 on: January 9, 2019, 06:37:56 AM »
Not up to speed with the latest transfer speculation, but any truth to us signing that Turkish youngster from Trabzonspor?  His name escapes me.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Offline Agent99

• Believer
« Reply #911 on: January 9, 2019, 09:47:02 AM »
Not up to speed with the latest transfer speculation, but any truth to us signing that Turkish youngster from Trabzonspor?  His name escapes me.
James Pearce said we have no interest in signing him.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Anny Roader
« Reply #912 on: January 9, 2019, 10:07:49 AM »
Regarding CBs, on the face of it we are fine for numbers ie 4, and quality wise if Matip is the worst of the 4 then we can have no complaints. However that 4 is effectively 3 or less in terms of availability. I think we have seen the patterns for long enough to know that we can't rely on Matip and Lovren being available. I am with Klopp in not signing someone as emergency cover right now - that would be pointless, but I think in the summer he needs to look at getting rid of Matip or Lovren and bringing in someone who is not necessarily another VVD, but at least as good as either of those two but with a much better injury record.

I won't even say we should regret selling Klavan - it is literally only going to be 2 weeks where we need him (hopefully) and that wouldn't have been fair. And even he might have been injured as he had a sketchy injury record too.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #913 on: January 9, 2019, 10:55:27 AM »
Regarding CBs, on the face of it we are fine for numbers ie 4, and quality wise if Matip is the worst of the 4 then we can have no complaints. However that 4 is effectively 3 or less in terms of availability. I think we have seen the patterns for long enough to know that we can't rely on Matip and Lovren being available. I am with Klopp in not signing someone as emergency cover right now - that would be pointless, but I think in the summer he needs to look at getting rid of Matip or Lovren and bringing in someone who is not necessarily another VVD, but at least as good as either of those two but with a much better injury record.

I won't even say we should regret selling Klavan - it is literally only going to be 2 weeks where we need him (hopefully) and that wouldn't have been fair. And even he might have been injured as he had a sketchy injury record too.

I agree with you,Matip and Lovren are both quality defenders with experience but both,particularly Matip seem to pick different types of injuries throughout the seasons and end up not being available for selection for periods and yeah it seems to be a recurring pattern with them.
Thing is finding that indestructible cb with enough ability and experience for a reasonable fee as well to replace either would be a difficult task.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #914 on: January 9, 2019, 11:30:48 AM »
Bayern have just announced they've signed him.

https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/1082923640545574914

Worst kept secret in football. I think this has been pretty much in the works since the World Cup

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #915 on: January 9, 2019, 11:32:14 AM »
Fuck it, let us just get Koulibaly to show our intent in this business.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #916 on: January 9, 2019, 11:38:08 AM »
Bayern have just announced they've signed him.

https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/1082923640545574914

that a throne Brazzo is sitting on? :lmao
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Jeieli

• Gino Oh Gino Gin-nel-leee
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #917 on: January 9, 2019, 02:12:42 PM »
woeful

Offline Henry Gale

• Believer
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #918 on: January 9, 2019, 03:18:16 PM »
James Pearce said we have no interest in signing him.

Said the same about Alisson, I wouldn't take any notice of what journalists say.

Offline xbugawugax

• Believer
« Reply #919 on: January 9, 2019, 03:44:42 PM »
whats Caulker up to these days? ;D

I do think we will sign a few players. but more for the youth team. or hopefully announce a player that will shock us all(eg werner) that will join probably during the summer.