Author Topic: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).  (Read 147739 times)

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register.
  • Believer
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
Re: General Thread - Winter Window 2019 (No Fekir coming, No Capon).
« Reply #1240 on: January 13, 2019, 11:01:11 PM »
Are you trolling?  ;D

I'm afraid I can't answer that on the grounds that I may incriminate myself m'lud.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1241 on: January 13, 2019, 11:05:54 PM »
You know its a quiet transfer window for us when people resort to talking about Hazard and Son. Comparing Chelsea and Spurs to Arsenal when it comes to selling to rivals is a funny one, Wenger was always happy to allow players to go to rivals and helped out Man U numerous times like a fool

As for Anderson, they would likely want over 60 million for him.
Wenger got his own back with letting Sanchez go there though ☺️
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Believer
« Reply #1242 on: January 13, 2019, 11:06:56 PM »
The difference is with van Dijk and Alisson we paid big fees for world class players but they weren't disproportionately large fees. With Son we'd have to pay what he's worth plus a hefty "rival fee" on top. There's top talent in other leagues that would suit us well, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if we brought in someone young who isn't as well known rather than an established player.

You may well be right about there being top talent in other leagues that would suit us, but I don't know about them. My football knowledge is limited to watching occasional matches on TV, bit like Alan Shearer and Danny Murphy.

I still think Son is worth going for in the summer. With him there would be minimal drop in quality if we wanted to rest Mane.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Believer
« Reply #1243 on: January 13, 2019, 11:11:45 PM »
We arenít signing Hazard.

(God it feels good to do the classics again once in a while)

I disagree.

So there.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1244 on: January 14, 2019, 12:03:54 AM »
Ideally I think you get a versatile, hard working, and proven  wide forward who could start on the left or right in the 4231 (just as examples, Anderson or Brandt) and then a cheaper player to replace Sturridge/Origi, both of which really need to be moved on. Iíll give you that we donít really like to sign players older than about 20 who havenít already proven themselves in a top league, so fair enough, but itís going to be very, very tough to find a striker with upside,  fits with our style, and is reasonably priced. (In fairness I suppose you could just play someone like Anderson at striker if Salah and Firmino were both out.)

Good to see you back.

Offline Redcap

• Believer
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1245 on: January 14, 2019, 04:44:46 AM »
You may well be right about there being top talent in other leagues that would suit us, but I don't know about them. My football knowledge is limited to watching occasional matches on TV, bit like Alan Shearer and Danny Murphy.

I still think Son is worth going for in the summer. With him there would be minimal drop in quality if we wanted to rest Mane.

Levy would literally ask for about 150m for him. He's perfect for us but thus far we haven't ever splashed out crazy money for an attacker. The biggest bucks we've paid have been on a GK and CB, and I'm fairly sure that's in part because they're relatively a lot cheaper than attackers. Can you imagine how much VVD would have set us back if he was a forward?

With that said, I didn't think we would pay a world record fee for VVD either, so stranger things have happened. It's a shame United seems to have got it together, because I think Martial would have been another really good option for us, and we could have picked him up for maybe 'only' around 80-90m, inclusive of the 'rivals fee'.

Offline Kansti

• Believer
  • Stargazer
« Reply #1246 on: January 14, 2019, 04:56:19 AM »
Isco. We need someone to take on the mantle of being a handsome bastard after Emre Can left.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Believer
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #1247 on: January 14, 2019, 05:23:35 AM »
Ronnie Rosenthal
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #1248 on: January 14, 2019, 05:29:37 AM »
Felipe Anderson would immediately (or maybe after a bedding in period) slot into the first XI in a 4231, so no need to argue about whether we can have an expensive attacker as depth. Werner or another versatile striker, on the other hand, wouldnít, which is why I have a hard time imagining we would spend big money on a player like that. The big difference is that Anderson does a ton of defensive work, so we could have 4 attackers on the pitch without really giving up anything defensively.

Maybe the 4231 would be more natural but when you look at his defensive stats/actions he seems made for a #8 in our system.  Granted he's good at everything so in a way I don't think it would much matter as long as he's on the field. 

Anderson was a risk for West Ham though.  People might forget when he went to Napoli he ballooned up like a whale for a while as he couldn't stop himself from eating the food and then he had some injury issues as well.  When he was in shape and played he put up numbers but it wasn't always consistent.  Though for us I think the one concern is adding another player in the same age bracket as the majority of the squad. 

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Believer
« Reply #1249 on: January 14, 2019, 06:17:31 AM »
Isco. We need someone to take on the mantle of being a handsome bastard after Emre Can left.
Alisson's far better looking.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1250 on: January 14, 2019, 06:44:37 AM »
I disagree.

So there.
Iíve never called one of these wrong ;)

;D
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1251 on: January 14, 2019, 07:23:51 AM »
Pablo Sarabia
Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1253 on: January 14, 2019, 09:14:50 AM »

I agree, I think Neves would fit that bill after watching him against us last week. We're unlikely to sign anyone this window but we can still dream.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Rick-40

• Might be missing a 'p'. If found, please return to RAWK Towers in a stamped SAE for a reward.
  • Believer
« Reply #1254 on: January 14, 2019, 10:45:29 AM »
Alisson's far better looking.

Aye, Alisson is beautiful.
P

Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly,
The Fields of Anfield Road,
We are loyal supporters,
And we come from around the world!

Allez, Allez, Allez...

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #1255 on: January 14, 2019, 11:05:22 AM »
Ideally I think you get a versatile, hard working, and proven  wide forward who could start on the left or right in the 4231 (just as examples, Anderson or Brandt) and then a cheaper player to replace Sturridge/Origi, both of which really need to be moved on. Iíll give you that we donít really like to sign players older than about 20 who havenít already proven themselves in a top league, so fair enough, but itís going to be very, very tough to find a striker with upside,  fits with our style, and is reasonably priced. (In fairness I suppose you could just play someone like Anderson at striker if Salah and Firmino were both out.)

if we ship out origi and sturridge after solanke surely we have to spend a decent whack to get a comparable talent in?

unless we know of a cheeky buyout clause that can be activated.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
« Reply #1256 on: January 14, 2019, 11:11:37 AM »
Well, the other discussions here are about established players from rival teams in their late 20s who will cost 50m+, while there is talk of wanting players who are on the verge but haven't made the step that would make them unaffordable. The kind of player you're talking about would be failures at the mega clubs (Bayern, Real, Barca, Juve, PSG) in order for us to be able to afford them. Any names?

Memphis Depay.

Doing brilliantly again in the French league. Sure, he didn't thrive in a turgid shit-fest of a team at United but we can see throrugh that, surely?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Henry Gale

• Believer
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #1257 on: January 14, 2019, 11:13:43 AM »
Memphis Depay.

Doing brilliantly again in the French league. Sure, he didn't thrive in a turgid shit-fest of a team at United but we can see throrugh that, surely?

Oh god no. Have you seen his latest music video? Yes he does music videos.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #1258 on: January 14, 2019, 11:16:02 AM »
I agree, I think Neves would fit that bill after watching him against us last week. We're unlikely to sign anyone this window but we can still dream.

pep saying that they won't spend £100m on him in the summer. similar comments from pellegrini when they were targeting sterling.

he will go to city, i think.

Offline Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1259 on: January 14, 2019, 11:31:14 AM »
pep saying that they won't spend £100m on him in the summer. similar comments from pellegrini when they were targeting sterling.

he will go to city, i think.

Maybe. I'll be honest, I was just rating the superhunks. But yeah, I think he'd be a strong addition to our side, particularly as Lallana can't seem to stay fit (Klopp loves him but it's an issue that doesn't seem to be going away). Neves would cost an arm and a leg though and from looking at our squad, a player who can play in the front three positions seems to be a more vital area we should be targeting - I have no idea who but let's say Dybala because I can't think of anyone else - and then supplementing other areas (ideally every other area for one reason or another aside from maybe right back) because they're all relatively stronger.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Believer
« Reply #1260 on: January 14, 2019, 11:36:14 AM »
Iíve never called one of these wrong ;)

;D

I absolutely disagree with that!   ;D

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Believer
« Reply #1261 on: January 14, 2019, 11:43:32 AM »
Levy would literally ask for about 150m for him. He's perfect for us but thus far we haven't ever splashed out crazy money for an attacker. The biggest bucks we've paid have been on a GK and CB, and I'm fairly sure that's in part because they're relatively a lot cheaper than attackers. Can you imagine how much VVD would have set us back if he was a forward?

With that said, I didn't think we would pay a world record fee for VVD either, so stranger things have happened. It's a shame United seems to have got it together, because I think Martial would have been another really good option for us, and we could have picked him up for maybe 'only' around 80-90m, inclusive of the 'rivals fee'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roma and Southampton quote us much higher fees initially? With a bit of negotiation we got it down a bit. I agree with you that Levy will be a bastard to deal with, he always has been. And fair play to him as it's his club. But last summer we bought Fab, Alisson and Shaq for around £120m so I'd like to think we could spend a similar amount on a player who could be with us for the next five or six years.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1262 on: January 14, 2019, 11:44:26 AM »
Memphis Depay.

Completely the opposite mentality to the one we want in the dressing room - apparently no one at Lyon can stand him either. I'd still say Werner looks the best bet long term.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1263 on: January 14, 2019, 01:06:52 PM »
Atleast I'm not suggesting we would use 60M+ on a backup forward.

;D

Why not? In terms of market value, that forward would be below our current front three. What do you propose?
ďWe aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.ď Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline Dazzer23

• Main Stander
« Reply #1264 on: January 14, 2019, 01:14:47 PM »
Alisson is beautiful.

It was an Alisson that first broke my Heart.

She was Beautiful. Very small, but beautiful.

This Alission isn't going to do that, this one is going to stay true and faithful and give me years and years of pride and joy.

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1265 on: January 14, 2019, 01:36:14 PM »
I'll only love Allison when he plays the acoustic version of YNWA on his guitar.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1266 on: January 14, 2019, 01:51:16 PM »
How's this Son bid coming along?
I know about the 10+ hoes a week, and itís something Iím willing to do.

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1267 on: January 14, 2019, 01:57:21 PM »
I've not bid mate.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1268 on: January 14, 2019, 02:02:55 PM »
I've not bid mate.
Hello Samie mate. Just couldn't resist, knew you would be back.  :wave
ďIf you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.Ē - muhammad ali

Offline Garnier

• Believer
  • there is no old firm
« Reply #1269 on: January 14, 2019, 03:00:23 PM »
Not happening but i'd be very interested to see how Callum Hudson-Odoi would develop here
"What sounds great if you don't know what it actually means?

- Friendly Fire
- Athlete's Foot
- Outstanding Debt

Offline RedForeverTT

• Believer
  • Vitamin D surplus gives crows feet - Kylie Jenner
« Reply #1270 on: January 14, 2019, 03:26:50 PM »
Maybe the 4231 would be more natural but when you look at his defensive stats/actions he seems made for a #8 in our system.  Granted he's good at everything so in a way I don't think it would much matter as long as he's on the field. 

Anderson was a risk for West Ham though.  People might forget when he went to Napoli he ballooned up like a whale for a while as he couldn't stop himself from eating the food and then he had some injury issues as well.  When he was in shape and played he put up numbers but it wasn't always consistent.  Though for us I think the one concern is adding another player in the same age bracket as the majority of the squad.

I watched Anderson and find him an amazing playing on or off the ball. Anytime Arsenal lose the ball, we was always ready to launch a counter. I would take him over Coutinho now.

As for why he ballooned at Napoli. I would have too eating nice pizzas in Naples. But coming to Liverpool should be alright, like, you wouldn't eat Five Guys would you?  :lickin

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer