Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1063402 times)

Online Felch Aid

• Believer
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5600 on: February 11, 2019, 08:51:59 AM »
The fear so to speak is you see most teams bending over for a dry bumming with city.

I think we've almost got over our injury and blip.

The four matches on paper that are hard to predict are Everton away, Spurs home, Chelsea home and Utd away. You could see 4 draws. You could see 4 wins. Win 3 and draw 1 and dare I say it its ours. Fuck it!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #5601 on: February 11, 2019, 08:52:05 AM »
Would you play hendo again at right back?

And I am a big fan of hendo. I personally wouldn’t.

What has that got to do with what PoP asked you? So because you can't come up with a reasonable answer you just ignore the questions and ask something totally unrelated?

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5602 on: February 11, 2019, 08:52:09 AM »
That Clyne lad.. must be some player, eh?
Available for nowt at the end of the season, I believe

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5603 on: February 11, 2019, 08:52:45 AM »
That Clyne lad.. if our season hinged on his future, he must be some player, eh?

Better than Alisson, van Dijk, Fabinho and Salah

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Believer
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5604 on: February 11, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »
We had double the shots they had. They had two shots in the 6-yard box that went well wide of the goal.

Define a "clear-cut chance" please.

https://understat.com/team/Leicester/2018

Liverpool xG (expected goals) was 0.55
Leicester xG was 1.09
Basically, each one of our and Leicester's shots were analyzed and a percentage given to the quality of shot and Leicester's percentage was higher than ours. If you want to dispute that because you value chances in a different way to how the stat is collected, fine.

Offline Ravishing Rick Rude

• Cut the music!
  • Believer
« Reply #5605 on: February 11, 2019, 08:55:35 AM »
What has that got to do with what PoP asked you? So because you can't come up with a reasonable answer you just ignore the questions and ask something totally unrelated?

He's got a point. If everything is that good, then play Henderson there week in and out.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks
I'm a knob

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #5606 on: February 11, 2019, 08:55:51 AM »

Suitable answer? We played hendo at right back. The next match we had lallana and keita in the midfield and they got over run because one midfielder got injured playing right back and another one is now playing right back.

How is that not a logical answer, is the idea of playing players in their natural position lost on you?

Like I said, agree to disagree.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
« Reply #5607 on: February 11, 2019, 08:57:33 AM »
Better than Alisson, van Dijk, Fabinho and Salah

Are all your 38,000+ posts as insightful as this?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #5608 on: February 11, 2019, 08:59:56 AM »
https://understat.com/team/Leicester/2018

Liverpool xG (expected goals) was 0.55
Leicester xG was 1.09
Basically, each one of our and Leicester's shots were analyzed and a percentage given to the quality of shot and Leicester's percentage was higher than ours. If you want to dispute that because you value chances in a different way to how the stat is collected, fine.

I know what Understat is, I just asked what a "Clear-Cut Chance" was defined as.

Expected Goals has more than one model that I know of. It's not the be-all and end-all. However, what IS a fact, is that shots that go high or wide can never be goals. Shots on target, though - no matter whether it's a missile or a daisy-cutter - all have the potential to be goals.

If you think Leicester deserved to win based on someone's arbitrary model, by all means do so. But I'd really like it to be explained how a team that only got two shots on target had more of a chance to win than a team that had three shots on target.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5609 on: February 11, 2019, 09:01:43 AM »
Would you play hendo again at right back?

And I am a big fan of hendo. I personally wouldn’t.

That still doesn't answer what Clyne would have done to help us score a winning goal in either or both of those two drawn games?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5610 on: February 11, 2019, 09:03:19 AM »
Suitable answer? We played hendo at right back. The next match we had lallana and keita in the midfield and they got over run because one midfielder got injured playing right back and another one is now playing right back.

How is that not a logical answer, is the idea of playing players in their natural position lost on you?

Still doesn't answer PoPs questions.

Are all your 38,000+ posts as insightful as this?

That's the most insightful thing I've ever said. About as insightful as a bunch of idiots crying about Clyne being the reason we haven't won the league in February.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5611 on: February 11, 2019, 09:06:40 AM »
Still in our hands lads.

Clyne just text me to say.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
« Reply #5612 on: February 11, 2019, 09:06:55 AM »
That still doesn't answer what Clyne would have done to help us score a winning goal in either or both of those two drawn games?

Well... he would run down the wing, turn Chilwell inside out then meg McGuire on his way to calmly setting mane up with a pass across.

How the hell are you meant to answer that stupid question without going into some fantasy land, we would have had a right back playing right back. 🤦‍♂️ He could have hit a 40 yard screamer for all you know, what the hell is that question meant to prove?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5613 on: February 11, 2019, 09:10:51 AM »
Well... he would run down the wing, turn Chilwell inside out then meg McGuire on his way to calmly setting mane up with a pass across.

How the hell are you meant to answer that stupid question without going into some fantasy land, we would have had a right back playing right back. 🤦‍♂️ He could have hit a 40 yard screamer for all you know, what the hell is that question meant to prove?

So you admit that having Clyne would likely have no known effect on us winning those two games, right?

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Believer
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #5614 on: February 11, 2019, 09:11:28 AM »
Yes he has had injury problems but Clyne has played 10 games over the past 2 seasons scoring 0 goals and assisting 0 goals. How have we missed that player?

He played 1 decent game against a very ordinary Man Utd side. Hardly a bench mark for making the case for not loaning him out.

It’s done now so we need to move on from the conversation and focus on the players that are available to play and can influence the games we have left.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
« Reply #5615 on: February 11, 2019, 09:16:52 AM »
So you admit that having Clyne would likely have no known effect on us winning those two games, right?

Is that what you read? 🤦‍♂️

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #5616 on: February 11, 2019, 09:18:23 AM »
If Man City win the title, and they do it without Clyne in the team, it beats Leicester’s achievement for me.

Actually laughed out loud there. :D
Thoroughly mediocre player.

Regrettably not seen anything in him. Neither for us nor from watching lots of youtube videos after a few on here said he looked good.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Believer
« Reply #5617 on: February 11, 2019, 09:18:46 AM »
Seriously ... we are still fretting over the draw against Leicester and West Ham?
"We decide when the game is over"

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #5618 on: February 11, 2019, 09:19:07 AM »
10 days of this folks. I seriously recommend buying a book that teaches you how to learn crochet or something. Do yourself a Liverpool FC tea cosy.

Regrettably not seen anything in him. Neither for us nor from watching lots of youtube videos after a few on here said he looked good.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5619 on: February 11, 2019, 09:21:34 AM »
Is that what you read? 🤦‍♂️

That's what you said, right?

I asked how a right-back would help us score a second goal. You said you couldn't answer without getting into some "fantasy land". So I'm just assuming that you admit that having Clyne wouldn't have changed our fortunes up front, in all likelihood. Especially a right-back with a whole 5 goals and 10 assists in an 8 year career.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Believer
« Reply #5620 on: February 11, 2019, 09:23:08 AM »
Pops back in to RAWK to gauge the mood. First page i glance and i see someone asking for bans for posters who mention a subject they do not like. El Lobo backing the request up. The same El Lobo who once criticised me for suggesting this place was sometimes a bit like North Korea. Laters.

Offline pathetic

• Believer
« Reply #5621 on: February 11, 2019, 09:23:19 AM »
Clyne won't have won us the game on his own that's for sure, but maybe Milner and Hendo in the middle would have helped us create more chances or control the game better. We will never know so we move on. Two draws aren't a disaster anyway.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
« Reply #5622 on: February 11, 2019, 09:26:06 AM »
That's what you said, right?

I asked how a right-back would help us score a second goal. You said you couldn't answer without getting into some "fantasy land". So I'm just assuming that you admit that having Clyne wouldn't have changed our fortunes up front, in all likelihood. Especially a right-back with a whole 5 goals and 10 assists in an 8 year career.

More to Football than just Assists and Goals my friend, Did Naby get any assists on Saturday?

Offline Ravishing Rick Rude

• Cut the music!
  • Believer
« Reply #5623 on: February 11, 2019, 09:27:03 AM »
Clyne won't have won us the game on his own that's for sure, but maybe Milner and Hendo in the middle would have helped us create more chances or control the game better. We will never know so we move on. Two draws aren't a disaster anyway.

That's what i said in one of my previous posts, but PoP decided to ignore that part.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks
I'm a knob

Offline pathetic

• Believer
« Reply #5624 on: February 11, 2019, 09:28:57 AM »
That's what i said in one of my previous posts, but PoP decided to ignore that part.

Unless Milner and Henderson have turned to shit in the middle on here, wouldn't be surprised if it suited an agenda ;D.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
« Reply #5625 on: February 11, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »

She/He has a habit of ignoring solid points in favour of hypotheticals

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5626 on: February 11, 2019, 09:30:56 AM »
More to Football than just Assists and Goals my friend, Did Naby get any assists on Saturday?

When you need to win a game, you need assists and goals.

And no - the game is all about goals. Always was.

Attack - Transition from Attack to Defence - Defence - Transition from Defence to Attack

That's the game. Anything else is overcomplication.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5627 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:40 AM »

We could have played Camacho there, in that case. No?

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
« Reply #5628 on: February 11, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »
When you need to win a game, you need assists and goals.

And no - the game is all about goals. Always was.

Attack - Transition from Attack to Defence - Defence - Transition from Defence to Attack

That's the game. Anything else is overcomplication.

What Robbo’s stats? I consider him to be the best left back in the world so he must be hitting double figures

Offline lukeb1981

• Believer
« Reply #5629 on: February 11, 2019, 09:35:08 AM »
Wish Gary Neville would disappear up his own hole, fairly sick of his twisted opinion being splashed over every site and paper. An avarage footballer and shit manager giving advice to someone of Klopps caliber on how to win a league. He is a poisonous little bastard and listening to the sly digs from him and Tyler is getting worse the closer we get . To ram it down their throats in May will be a great feeling.They know we are just about to peak and are petrified of the thought of us mauling every team from now on in .

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5630 on: February 11, 2019, 09:36:19 AM »
What Robbo’s stats? I consider him to be the best left back in the world so he must be hitting double figures

Robertson has 2 less assists THIS SEASON ALONE than Clyne has in his entire career so far.

And for the record - 13 goals, 32 assists in the past 6.5 years.

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #5631 on: February 11, 2019, 09:36:39 AM »
Pops back in to RAWK to gauge the mood. First page i glance and i see someone asking for bans for posters who mention a subject they do not like. El Lobo backing the request up. The same El Lobo who once criticised me for suggesting this place was sometimes a bit like North Korea. Laters.

Thanks, you've been helpful, and don't in any way have a fragile ego. :)

Offline Kansti

• Believer
  • Stargazer
« Reply #5632 on: February 11, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »
Man how do you guys stay so positive? Our next 3 fixtures in the league are really tough as compared to City.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Believer
« Reply #5633 on: February 11, 2019, 09:43:12 AM »
Thanks, you've been helpful, and don't in any way have a fragile ego. :)
Fragile ego ? Nah, the irony made me laugh thats all.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
« Reply #5634 on: February 11, 2019, 09:45:03 AM »
1 goal and 11 assists during our most successful 2 seasons in 5 years.

2 goals and 3 assists when we weren’t that great mostly over a 2 years period. Who knows what that number could have been had he been playing with Salah over his time.

Ones world class, undoubtedly. The other would have been a worse option than Jordan Henderson and James Milner in your mind.

Look, I can see and respect your point, I don’t agree but I can sympathise, surely there is a tiny bit of you that can see where I am coming from, hopefully a part that is willing to say agree to disagree and move on.

I was more annoyed with lallana in midfield to be honest, one I’m okay with but not two struggling midfielders and I seen Hendo injury as the reason for it... and Milner at rb that games as well.

Good talk 👍

Offline pathetic

• Believer
« Reply #5635 on: February 11, 2019, 09:46:26 AM »
Man how do you guys stay so positive? Our next 3 fixtures in the league are really tough as compared to City.

I think we're gonna beat the mancs personally. Going in overconfident against us is a recipe for disaster and I believe they are arrogant enough to do it at home. Everton will be a tough one as they will play the game of their lives knowing fully well that if they lose there's a chance we win the league. We have to beat tests like these if we want to win the league though. That's what champions are made of.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Believer
« Reply #5636 on: February 11, 2019, 09:47:09 AM »

This is the best team we have had in 30 years, without a doubt. We have challenged for the league properly just twice in those 30 years and unlike those two times, we have a club in the most healthiest position it has been, both on and off the field.

You cannot be anything other than positive. If we dont win it this season then we will challenge again next season.

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #5637 on: February 11, 2019, 09:48:42 AM »
Fragile ego ? Nah, the irony made me laugh thats all.

The same El Lobo who once criticised me for suggesting this place was sometimes a bit like North Korea. Laters.

If it's North Korea, are you Kim Il Sung? ;)

People are criticising each other, the side, howling at the moon, whatever. If you have a problem with another poster's contribution you're free to report that problem - there's a wee tool that lets you do that right in front of your eyes. The moderators aren't mind readers. Or message El Lobo and make friends with him or something. Maybe El Lobo will turn out to be the romantic partner of your dreams and you'll scamper off through a field of thistles into the sunset together.

If you're interested, maybe go and watch the Palin documentary on North Korea and see how much criticism there is there, even off the woman whose family was decimated by famine. This is a daft wee football website.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Believer
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #5638 on: February 11, 2019, 09:49:01 AM »
We are Redmen. It's in our DNA.
Dalglish - Barnes - Beardsley - McManaman - Fowler - Owen - Gerrard - Torres - Suarez - Salah - Mane - Firmino

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk
  • Believer
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #5639 on: February 11, 2019, 09:59:51 AM »
Seriously ... we are still fretting over the draw against Leicester and West Ham?
Yep. Perfection is the new expectation, didn’t you know? Perfectly reasonable.