328 (74.7%)
Don't Know
5 (1.1%)
Don't Care
8 (1.8%)
I don't live in the UK
49 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 439

Author Topic: Brexit thread with Lefties, Tories, bloods, wastoids, Dweebs & dickheads.....?  (Read 302318 times)

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
Re: Brexit thread with Lefties, Tories, bloods, wastoids, Dweebs & dickheads.....?
« Reply #13800 on: February 11, 2019, 08:16:23 PM »
I did read it. I have made my views on the dumbing down and lack of neutrality (sometimes in the spurious name of balance) of the Beeb, and my utter dislike of Neil, on more than one occasion.

There are very knowledgeable and fair minded posters on here who have defended both the BBC and Andrew Neil.

Reading that might prompt them to change their minds.

He has been on dodgy ground for a long time.

Offline John C

• Check 24/7's site - https://soulbearing.home.blog/
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
Re: Brexit thread with Lefties, Tories, bloods, wastoids, Dweebs & dickheads.....?
« Reply #13801 on: February 11, 2019, 08:20:59 PM »
https://medium.com/@carole_cadwalladr/andrew-neil-brexit-the-bbc-f4a569f6516a

Just reading this, it's lengthy, but beggars belief.
What a horrible snide c*nts Andrew Neil and his mate Banks are.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #13802 on: February 11, 2019, 08:24:09 PM »
Any comment from Starmer on this yet?
think Milne has locked him in the supplies closet

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #13803 on: February 11, 2019, 08:30:16 PM »
https://medium.com/@carole_cadwalladr/andrew-neil-brexit-the-bbc-f4a569f6516a

Just reading this, it's lengthy, but beggars belief.

Neil's always come across as a greasy slime ball to me.

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #13804 on: February 11, 2019, 08:59:48 PM »
It's being reported that May is seriously contemplating a No Deal Brexit because she is placing party unity above the country.

The substantive article is in the Huffington Post (which I won't link or visit because of their Oath system) but someone here might be OK with it and see what the evidence is. Apparently internal polls and focus groups indicate she is more popular when flagging no-deal.

Not very surprising, if true. What a catastrophe.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Online Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice.
« Reply #13805 on: February 11, 2019, 09:07:30 PM »
It's being reported that May is seriously contemplating a No Deal Brexit because she is placing party unity above the country.

The substantive article is in the Huffington Post (which I won't link or visit because of their Oath system) but someone here might be OK with it and see what the evidence is. Apparently internal polls and focus groups indicate she is more popular when flagging no-deal.

Also rumours of a May election now too. So meh.

Here's the HuffPost for you though. (It's long.)

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Trim0582

• Believer
« Reply #13806 on: February 11, 2019, 09:10:20 PM »
Just watched the 2nd episode of Inside Europe on BBC. Fascinating and in my opinion a credit to the BBC. I will say though, it is renewing my anger and disappointment over leaving the EU. I had calmed down for a while, but I am back to square one.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Red since '64
« Reply #13807 on: February 11, 2019, 09:15:50 PM »

Not very surprising, if true. What a catastrophe.

Can’t be true. First, she voted Remain. Second, she hates the idea of the E.R.G getting their way. Third, she’s a deeply religious and therefore moral, individual.

In all seriousness, her loyalty is and always has been to Party. She’s an exceptionally blinkered and stubborn person - as well as being a true lightweight as a politician.

She’ll probably salve her own conscience by telling herself she’s saving the country from the disaster of a Corbyn government. (And conveniently ignore that her husband’s murky business interests would best be served by a No Deal Brexit).
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #13808 on: February 11, 2019, 09:28:48 PM »
If we get a No Deal then Remainers like Rudd, Clark, Hammond, Gauke and co are as much to blame as anyone.

Add to that those Labour MP’s who voted against and abstained from Coopers bill. They had a chance to take control and they didnt.

These MP’s need hounding and a reckoning. They need a No Deal for the public to really turn on the lot of them.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13809 on: February 11, 2019, 09:39:38 PM »

The Lancaster House speech that Chris Wilkins wrote didn't have the intended effect. For many people, it's the moment when she set out her red lines that screwed the whole negotiations. They don't recall it for its supposedly carefully written wording with regards to a/the customs union/arrangement.

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #13810 on: February 11, 2019, 09:50:06 PM »
If we get a No Deal then Remainers like Rudd, Clark, Hammond, Gauke and co are as much to blame as anyone.

Add to that those Labour MP’s who voted against and abstained from Coopers bill. They had a chance to take control and they didnt.

These MP’s need hounding and a reckoning. They need a No Deal for the public to really turn on the lot of them.

They wont be though.

I want to say that if we end up with a No Deal then this country deserves everything it's got coming to it, but no - millions of people suffering as our economy is butt fucked by the likes of Trump's America is a frightening prospect all on its own.  Throw in No Deal and we're staring into the abyss, and the most vulnerable will be hit fastest and hardest. :'(
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #13811 on: February 11, 2019, 09:58:33 PM »
No-deal is just madness, buit that's what happens when you bow to extremists.

Online Ghost Town

• Main Stander
  • "A silent stillness louder than the loudest shout"
« Reply #13812 on: February 11, 2019, 10:09:00 PM »

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil c*nts in government is for good MPs to do nothing"

(As some burke never actually said)
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Online Ghost Town

• Main Stander
« Reply #13813 on: February 11, 2019, 10:11:26 PM »
No-deal is just madness, buit that's what happens when you bow to extremists.
And yet even now seemingly intelligent people are saying that we need to appease the thickies and the racists and the ignorant and the thugs because 'they might riot' or something.

Fuck 'em! Just revoke A50 now, already! Let the the trogs and the racists and the mewling Brexit quims do their worst, and sit back and watch the armed forces deal with them.

#catharsis
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13814 on: February 11, 2019, 10:24:41 PM »
I am told @Keir_Starmer is not the happiest member of the frontbench.  According to multiple sources, he had agreed that the final part of Corbyn’s letter to May would say “if you do not accept this [Brexit offer] there will be a People’s Vote”. One source...

tells me “LOTO [the leader of the opposition] agreed to this. But then Keir discovered after the letter had been sent and published that the People’s Vote para had gone”. Starmer “called LOTO and was told ‘oh we must have forgotten that paragraph’”. Apparently Starmer’s...

“Forgotten”

Fucking liars.
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

• Believer
« Reply #13815 on: February 11, 2019, 10:25:17 PM »
And yet even now seemingly intelligent people are saying that we need to appease the thickies and the racists and the ignorant and the thugs because 'they might riot' or something.

Fuck 'em! Just revoke A50 now, already! Let the the trogs and the racists and the mewling Brexit quims do their worst, and sit back and watch the armed forces deal with them.

#catharsis

I think intelligence is in short supply.

You have Labour MP’s tweeting about why May wont rule out No Deal and they were the ones that abstained from extending Article 50.

These are the supposed sensible ones as well and not the Corbyn followers.

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #13816 on: February 11, 2019, 10:29:30 PM »
Theresa May hopes to convince the House of Commons on Tuesday to give her another fortnight’s grace to keep pushing for changes to the Irish backstop – despite the insistence of Michel Barnier that it is Britain that must compromise.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/11/may-to-ask-mps-for-further-fortnights-grace-in-brexit-talks

Running the ball into the corner when you're 1 nil down from an own goal.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Believer
« Reply #13817 on: February 11, 2019, 10:36:33 PM »
Running the ball into the corner when you're 1 nil down from an own goal.

May’s hopes of cobbling together a majority were boosted on Monday as Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson said he would be willing to accept a deal with a time-limited backstop. The former foreign secretary told a meeting in parliament: “I think it must be pretty obvious that if you are going to have a time limit to the backstop – and I think that would be very good – it has got to fall before the next election.”

How is she "boosted" by Johnson agreeing to back her as long as she gets something that's not on offer?

It emerged on Monday that an earlier draft of Corbyn’s letter to the prime minister last week, which was initially drawn up by Starmer, included a reference to a referendum, but it was removed during the editing process.

Asked about the claim by journalists in Dublin on Monday, Starmer said: “The letter was an agreed letter that went out. We’ve now got a response from the prime minister. The critical question is: is she, in her response, indicating a willingness to drop her red lines or not?”

Oh, get a spine Keir.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • Campaigns
  • Believer
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #13818 on: February 11, 2019, 10:39:12 PM »

It seems to confirm our worst fears and what some of us have been saying and known all along, that there are some in the inner circle who would undoubtedly prefer a hard brexit than offering the slightest chance of a peoples vote that would stop the whole thing.

This is their opportunity, a Win Win for Milne & the others that see and have always seen the EU as the big bad Capitalist anti-worker bogeyman, we'll be out of Europe with no ties so a year zero opportunity for the  Anarcho-Corbynism project, while the deleterious results of a hard Brexit itself can be (and obviously will be by the usual truth benders) wholly be blamed on the Tories.

Bastards seems a wholly inadequate word to describe these people.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  - Sagan
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley
Law of Logical Argument   Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Believer in the Light Demons of Chunder-Upon-Tits - Corkboy
Very sad man with too much time on your hands - ghost1359

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #13819 on: February 11, 2019, 10:43:57 PM »
How is she "boosted" by Johnson agreeing to back her as long as she gets something that's not on offer?

Oh, get a spine Keir.

It's amazing watching them fail to acknowledge that the whole purpose of the backstop is protection against the UK acting in bad faith, like y'know, spending 18 months negotiating something in line with self-imposed red lines and then attempting to renegotiate it at the 11th hour while playing chicken over no deal...

Watching the unjustified arrogance from this side, against the consistent straight-talking from the likes of Weyand and Barnier, really is kids vs adults stuff. May would have to have been playing a blinder of Corbynesque-proportions for this shitshow to somehow turn out OK now. Don't see how this ends well at all.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13820 on: February 11, 2019, 10:44:28 PM »
It seems to confirm our worst fears and what some of us have been saying and known all along, that there are some in the inner circle who would undoubtedly prefer a hard brexit than offering the slightest chance of a peoples vote that would stop the whole thing.

This is their opportunity, a Win Win for Milne & the others that see and have always seen the EU as the big bad Capitalist anti-worker bogeyman, we'll be out of Europe with no ties so a year zero opportunity for the  Anarcho-Corbynism project, while the deleterious results of a hard Brexit itself can be (and obviously will be by the usual truth benders) wholly be blamed on the Tories.

Bastards seems a wholly inadequate word to describe these people.
Yep.

The Tories want a hard Brexit because it boosts their share of the vote and don’t give a fuxk.

About want a hard Brexit because thye just don’t give a fuck.

Female Farage, bearded Farage.
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Believer
« Reply #13821 on: February 11, 2019, 10:49:27 PM »
So on JC's Dear-Theresa letter, per @Peston am told there *was* a reference to a referendum, at an earlier stage of the drafting process - which was then removed. @Keir_Starmer saw *and approved* the final draft - but "it was Jeremy's letter".

https://twitter.com/GuardianHeather/status/1094967253462933506

Sorry for the awful grammar in the previous tweet. Anyway... Senior Labour source insists that reports of LOTO making late changes to the Brexit letter are "wrong" and its content was "agreed more widely" On suggestions that Starmer wrote it, they said: "it was Jeremy's letter"

https://twitter.com/adampayne26/status/1094959415256629248

So is this more lies from Milne a "senior Labour source" or is Starmer knowingly playing the role of Remain good cop?

Online Ghost Town

• Main Stander
« Reply #13822 on: February 11, 2019, 10:50:29 PM »
bearded Farage.
Not beach-body ready, then?  8)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Believer
« Reply #13823 on: February 11, 2019, 10:50:55 PM »

#catharsis
I think there is very serious underestimation of the extremely negative reaction from Remainers (and disillusioned Brexiteers) if we leave the EU, and in particular, with No-Deal. Remainers will tend to exact their revenge politically. But I think there is a very volatile, sizeable minority who will react very violently to what will come. I expect that most of these will have have actually voted Leave, but that will not subdue them. There is no reason to expect that most Leavers voted that way out of some deep conviction. They will flip as soon as they experience the slightest inconvenience; never mind the coming shit storm.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Believer
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #13824 on: February 11, 2019, 11:06:25 PM »
Theresa May - The kind of negotiator to come out of DFS with a full priced sofa.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online Ghost Town

• Main Stander
« Reply #13825 on: February 11, 2019, 11:08:59 PM »
I think there is very serious underestimation of the extremely negative reaction from Remainers (and disillusioned Brexiteers) if we leave the EU, and in particular, with No-Deal. Remainers will tend to exact their revenge politically. But I think there is a very volatile, sizeable minority who will react very violently to what will come. I expect that most of these will have have actually voted Leave, but that will not subdue them. There is no reason to expect that most Leavers voted that way out of some deep conviction. They will flip as soon as they experience the slightest inconvenience; never mind the coming shit storm.
If true, that means that trouble, and possibly violence, is on the way, whatever happens...

[Commence Ode to Joy.mp3]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:19:44 PM by Ghost Town »

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream
  • Believer
  • Five Times, Baby...
« Reply #13826 on: February 11, 2019, 11:12:10 PM »
It's amazing watching them fail to acknowledge that the whole purpose of the backstop is protection against the UK acting in bad faith, like y'know, spending 18 months negotiating something in line with self-imposed red lines and then attempting to renegotiate it at the 11th hour while playing chicken over no deal...

I'm not sure that you're right and I'm also not sure that it's a good idea to make it look like the backstop has anything to do with a "bad" relationship between the EU and the UK or that is about mistrust. The backstop would be there even if the negotiations had gone smoothly and everything was fine.

Online oldfordie

• Believer
« Reply #13827 on: February 11, 2019, 11:36:51 PM »

Am shocked our MPs think they can get away with this, am shocked Corbyn seems to think all the Brexit issue will end when we leave next month.
We will want serious problems solved, there is no way to solve these problems, many can only be solved by being members of the EU,many can only be solved with co-operation agreements and trade deals. trade deal not going to happen for aprox, 7yrs.
I wouldn't mind but it's obvious what Farage and ERG will do, they will argue our government should have respected the result of the referendum and prepared for a no deal 2 yrs ago. bol.. they are saying a no deal is nothing to fear now while knowing were not prepared.
"Never has so much been lost by so many, to satisfy so few" - Nicola Sturgeon on the impact of Brexit

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #13828 on: February 11, 2019, 11:46:54 PM »
I'm not sure that you're right and I'm also not sure that it's a good idea to make it look like the backstop has anything to do with a "bad" relationship between the EU and the UK or that is about mistrust. The backstop would be there even if the negotiations had gone smoothly and everything was fine.

Happy to be corrected and "whole purpose" is wrong - there are good reasons for the backstop - but the fact we are tied into it doesn't speak to there being a lot of faith in our ability to not do something stupid down the line. It feels like protection against further bad decision making while we agree the future relationship. Either way, the fact we are trying to make a guarantee temporary at this stage - rather than go into later negotiations in good faith - is a bad look.

Online Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #13829 on: February 11, 2019, 11:47:12 PM »
Theresa May - The kind of negotiator to come out of DFS with a full priced sofa.
lucky for her that her opponent does that but also buys the insurance on it

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #13830 on: February 11, 2019, 11:51:38 PM »

Thank you Zeb, much appreciated.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #13831 on: February 12, 2019, 12:49:46 AM »
From skimming QT/Political programmes over the last few years I suppose Leavers/Brexiters won't mind going on a register to acknowledge their view.
When/If a war starts due to Brexit - they, and their kin wont mind being drafted first.

Online cress

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13832 on: February 12, 2019, 02:55:16 AM »
From skimming QT/Political programmes over the last few years I suppose Leavers/Brexiters won't mind going on a register to acknowledge their view.
When/If a war starts due to Brexit - they, and their kin wont mind being drafted first.
Why would a war start over brexit?

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13833 on: February 12, 2019, 10:03:07 AM »
The incompetence of Chris Grayling knows no bounds - the process to let the shipping contract was flawed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47206303

Online Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice.
« Reply #13834 on: February 12, 2019, 10:04:27 AM »

Simon Wren-Lewis suggests that the government send a debt collector round to every Leaver's house to ask for their £2000 contribution towards Brexiting.

(Since the Brexit vote: "That roughly translates into the average household losing almost £2000 worth of resources (mainly lower private consumption, but also lost public spending and investment).") His blog

Should have done it for austerity too.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Machae

• Believer
« Reply #13835 on: February 12, 2019, 11:08:04 AM »
Simon Wren-Lewis suggests that the government send a debt collector round to every Leaver's house to ask for their £2000 contribution towards Brexiting.

(Since the Brexit vote: "That roughly translates into the average household losing almost £2000 worth of resources (mainly lower private consumption, but also lost public spending and investment).") His blog

Should have done it for austerity too.

When the results came in, I did suggest that we separate as an Island and put all the Leavers on one and Remain on the other.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #13836 on: February 12, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
Ledsom on the radio this morning trying pin all the blame on the NI border on the EU. Blame shifting c*nt.

On breakfast telly, the Mail Editor muppet was saying may will likely quit soon but wants to leave a legacy and Brexit will be it. What a fucking legacy that will be.

Offline Trim0582

• Believer
« Reply #13837 on: February 12, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »
Ledsom on the radio this morning trying pin all the blame on the NI border on the EU. Blame shifting c*nt.

On breakfast telly, the Mail Editor muppet was saying may will likely quit soon but wants to leave a legacy and Brexit will be it. What a fucking legacy that will be.

Rather unbelievably, for 17mil voters, it will be seen as a legacy. That is the issue with all of this.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #13838 on: February 12, 2019, 12:46:36 PM »
When the results came in, I did suggest that we separate as an Island and put all the Leavers on one and Remain on the other.

You mean like the Irish and Scots plan A post brexit - unfortunately some of you all will be left behind!

NI border backstop, if their "precious union" is so important why are they are working tooth and nail to worsen the economic stability and undermine the peace accord/GFA. Beggars believe that they or the dupers think this will resolve something or set them on a path that they want to be on - of course the other option is that the dupers have overplayed their card and the tories want rid of them and the state, no votes to be won so why bother.

Also I suppose the BBC "journalist" didn't ask if Ledsom was advocating a hard border and going back on the red lines - strange how that one seems flexible but all others are not.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:13:08 PM by BobOnATank »

Offline Devon Red

• Believer
« Reply #13839 on: February 12, 2019, 02:00:32 PM »
May just ruled out a customs union and close single market ties in her HoC speech. That's every other option off the table then, I look forward to Corbyn's letter calling for a People's Vote.