Author Topic: How many points do you expect in the next 5 matches 2018-19 edition  (Read 20307 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: How many points do you expect in the next 5 matches 2018-19 edition
« Reply #280 on: December 7, 2018, 04:39:14 AM »
15 and be done with it.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline the_red_pill

• Marvin the Alphabetically Challenged Android, loves to lowball...
  • Believer
« Reply #281 on: December 7, 2018, 04:48:01 AM »
I think we’re going to win all 5.  15 points and top of the table after these 5. 

A Bournemouth - 3
H Man Utd - 5
A Wolves - 3
H Newcastle - 3
H Arsenal WIN - 3

Oi - that's 17pts! ;D

In any case- usually you'd want to try and get through Christmas intact, but if anything- this is the right "environment" for a man such as Klopp: thriving in chaos.

Its now the perfect time to strike a blow. Not only getting through, but to win every game.

15 pts from the next 5!
« Last Edit: December 7, 2018, 04:53:40 AM by the_red_pill »
Let's drink to him once more. He was a good Stalker.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online kcbworth

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: December 7, 2018, 06:08:43 AM »
Random comment... I just noticed our 3 draws vs Man City's 2, so I went back and thought I'd check all the games we dropped points we shouldn't have. Fuck me... there were none (unlike Man City).

Our dropped points:
* Draw vs Man City
* Draw vs Chelsea
* Draw vs Arsenal

Their dropped points:
* Draw vs Liverpool
* Draw vs Wolves

Wowo

Offline Didi_ram

• Believer
  • The Stebie.
« Reply #283 on: December 7, 2018, 07:11:03 AM »
The way we are going, anything less than 15 points would mean that we lose ground to City. And these days 15/15 is the norm, so ya.
Ideally I'd see us getting 11-13 points here. Bournemouth could be tricky. The c*nts from Manchester will come here to play for a draw.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #284 on: December 7, 2018, 07:32:59 AM »
Ok with anything over 10 points.
This period is just too tricky.

We’ll catch up with City at Etihad.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #285 on: December 7, 2018, 09:56:20 AM »
The Arsenal game is a good opportunity for us. Arsenal have a League Cup game against Spurs soon and thus they will be playing an extra game. With Emery implementing a high press they looked pretty leggy against Man Utd and I reckon by the time they play us, they will be shattered.

We can obviously rotate heavily for the game against Newcastle, whilst having a nice mini-break between Utd - Wolves.

Likewise, City also have a League Cup game at Leicester, plus play Leicester away in the league before our game with them and they will have one less day rest.

I know those fixtures seem a distance away yet, but as this thread is about future planning then, yeah.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2018, 09:59:05 AM by a treeless whopper »

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
« Reply #286 on: December 8, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »
I think it goes without saying that our fixture list compared to City or Chelsea has been much more difficult so far and I see this continuing for the next two sets of 5 games each.

If we look at our first 20 fixtures of the season, we seem to have a tough match after every 2 or 3 matches and by tough I mean either a top 6 side or a difficult away where we have struggled in recent seasons or a traditional rivalry like the Ev or Yernited..

In the next 2 sets of 5 matches, we have Watford away (Seem to have rediscovered their early season  form) Arsenal away.. Everton and home and Yernited at home.

At no stage have we had 5 bankable wins against bottom half teams.

But in a way it's a good thing and means we have been focussed and on it from the get go.. No room for complacency, not that Klopp would allow any anyway..

Now coming to my predictions for the upcoming set of 5:

Arsenal A - 1 (Both will settle for a draw if offered a point now)
Fulham H - 3 (Can't defend for their lives.. We will smash them)
Watford A - 3 (Very tough.. But we'll pull through)
Everton H - 3 (Depends how the ref does.. and we'll do these)
Burnley A - 3 (These are shite again.. we'll pick up the win)

13/15

First time I have managed to get all 5 results correct in this thread.. Here's hoping I can repeat the trick with the next set of 5:

A Bournemouth  W  3 points
H Man Utd  W W 3 points
A Wolves  W  3 points
H Newcastle  W  3 points
H Arsenal  D 1 point

13/15 again..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #287 on: December 8, 2018, 09:50:57 AM »

Offline BobPaisley3

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #288 on: December 8, 2018, 09:57:35 AM »
The Arsenal game is a good opportunity for us. Arsenal have a League Cup game against Spurs soon and thus they will be playing an extra game. With Emery implementing a high press they looked pretty leggy against Man Utd and I reckon by the time they play us, they will be shattered.

We can obviously rotate heavily for the game against Newcastle, whilst having a nice mini-break between Utd - Wolves.

Likewise, City also have a League Cup game at Leicester, plus play Leicester away in the league before our game with them and they will have one less day rest.

I know those fixtures seem a distance away yet, but as this thread is about future planning then, yeah.
Two very important developments over the next ten days, our game against Napoli and City’s league cup quarter final. Dropping into the Europa would be a massive hinderance so hopefully that can be avoided. City getting into the semis would give them two extra games in January in all probability against strong opposition and then if they make the final, they have a league game rearranged. Despite the fact they will rotate, a fixture pile up like that would still cause headaches.