Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1088729 times)

Offline Wigan Red

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #11120 on: November 11, 2019, 12:20:54 PM »
As good as iv heard it for quite a while yesterday, was bouncing in 109. Heavy fall for the first goal though, covered in bruises here as it should be  ;D

Online Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Believer
« Reply #11121 on: November 11, 2019, 12:24:37 PM »
I read that Fergie was at that game.

This must have been pre black eyed peas.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Andy @ Allerton

• Official Agent Provocateur working for the Tory Party. Also kids parties with balloon animals catered for
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Duckie McDuckFace
« Reply #11122 on: November 11, 2019, 12:25:36 PM »
Cracking atmosphere yesterday. Even the Kop wasn't shite for a change :P
Brexit. As stupid as you can imagine.

The poor voting to make themselves worse off and their masters richer.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Believer
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #11123 on: November 11, 2019, 11:51:59 PM »
As good as iv heard it for quite a while yesterday, was bouncing in 109. Heavy fall for the first goal though, covered in bruises here as it should be  ;D

Same over the way in 108. Must have been impressive, got a text from a Utd supporting mate asking why we were copying Greek and Turkish small club derbies by whistling and booing. Prick..
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline disgraced cake

• Believer
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11124 on: November 12, 2019, 12:01:21 AM »
Was very good, still a big hint of nerves throughout the ground though, when City were attacking mainly. Great performance on and off the field though, hopefully can retain some amount of noise when we play the weaker teams.
Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
« Reply #11125 on: November 12, 2019, 12:14:17 AM »
Same over the way in 108. Must have been impressive, got a text from a Utd supporting mate asking why we were copying Greek and Turkish small club derbies by whistling and booing. Prick..
That is so bizarre, particularly from a United fan. You expect it from an Abu Dhabi bandwagon jumper who knows nothing of European football, but you expect more knowledge from the red three quarters of Manchester.

Whistling and booing when the opposition have the ball has been a major thing in big European grounds throughout my entire lifetime. You'd think these people had never seen a big game in Europe, ever.
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Online free_at_last

• Kopite
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11126 on: November 12, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »
The YNWA at the end boomed out of the T.V...only downside was that it speeded up a bit..just imagine that Shankly, Paisley and Fagan are in the stands watching(they probably are) and it will come out loud and slow :)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Believer
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #11127 on: November 12, 2019, 07:11:11 PM »
That is so bizarre, particularly from a United fan. You expect it from an Abu Dhabi bandwagon jumper who knows nothing of European football, but you expect more knowledge from the red three quarters of Manchester.

Whistling and booing when the opposition have the ball has been a major thing in big European grounds throughout my entire lifetime. You'd think these people had never seen a big game in Europe, ever.

To be fair to them, they only know booing from when their own team leaves the pitch after a shite game... ;)

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Believer
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #11128 on: November 13, 2019, 12:49:41 PM »
Where does that one rank in terms of Premier League atmospheres? Only watched on TV but sounded as good as I've heard in the past 10 years. Intimidating and genuinely hostile for 90% of the game.
I think it is up there. Chelsea and Spurs last season was good in spells but not as consistently as good as on Sunday. Sunday was arguably better than Dortmund imo, there's a lot of revisionism about the atmosphere of that game because of the result/ending. Dortmund had a good 10-20 minute spell of a drop-in atmosphere post-reus goal. The intensity of the crowd on Sunday, much like the team, didn't drop at all and was akin to the Barca game. I was in pretty much the same seats for all the games (304 for European and 208 for leagues). Only game I can't compare it to is City 13/14 as I couldn't get a ticket for that.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.