Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 714413 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Believer
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #12480 on: January 28, 2020, 03:24:06 PM »
So will I only get 16/17 games now?

Will I have to ballot for the other two?

Why not set aside so many tickets each game for a ballot and you get a ticket to one home game a season.

This wont suit everyone...but then there is no answer that will.
Well you are only guaranteed 16/17 already, the last couple will just be sold differently

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca CaminarŠs Solo.
« Reply #12481 on: January 28, 2020, 03:25:23 PM »
Think it will have come via "Your Voice" that the club send out? Think it is only sent to random selected members, not everyone.

I get those Your Voice things asking my opinion on all manner of shite, so sod's law the important one I won't get! ;D

Given that it is effectively random now as to whether you are one of the people lucky enough to get on before these tickets sell out, then using a ballot to replace the free-for-all sales is probably not a bad move on balance.

I'd still rather have my fate in my own hands I think. I'd prefer a pre-login before a ballot.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:27:22 PM by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12482 on: January 28, 2020, 03:26:47 PM »
Just thinking more about this, it's going to mean more people applying for tickets.  The sheer pain in the arse of the process as it is acts as a deterrent for some people.  I definitely know a couple of people that will probably buy a membership and have a punt if it doesn't mean getting up at daft o'clock and firing up 20 browsers.

Exactly, I imagine more daytrippers would be thinking they may as well have a go at them all in the hope of getting something. If you actually have to put the effort in to get your tickets there's loads that can't be arsed and just say it's impossible to get tickets.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline viewing only

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12483 on: January 28, 2020, 03:28:12 PM »
I think it's a bad idea and have said as such in the survey

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline TeddyTime33

• Believer
« Reply #12484 on: January 28, 2020, 03:28:19 PM »
Exactly, I imagine more daytrippers would be thinking they may as well have a go at them all in the hope of getting something. If you actually have to put the effort in to get your tickets there's loads that can't be arsed and just say it's impossible to get tickets.
Think this why there should be a certain number set aside for unique members

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #12485 on: January 28, 2020, 03:28:32 PM »
I get those  Your Voice things asking my opinion on all manner of shite, so sod's law the important one I won't get! ;D

I'd still rather have my fate in my own hands I think. I'd prefer a pre-login before a ballot.

I'm in the 13+ club and I missed out on Villa (unsurprisingly, Sheffield United wasn't hard to get). I know that a ballot probably will make it even less likely that I'll get all 19 in future, but I am not sure what a 'perfect' solution looks like.

Offline scouser102002

• Believer
« Reply #12486 on: January 28, 2020, 03:30:36 PM »
Maybe only sending to a select few, haven't got it myself either

Looks like it's just 13+ people who have it

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12487 on: January 28, 2020, 03:31:46 PM »

I haven't.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Believer
« Reply #12488 on: January 28, 2020, 03:32:01 PM »
I guess it makes sense considering those who don't get tickets will most likely complain about it

Offline VVM

• Anny Roader
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #12489 on: January 28, 2020, 03:32:32 PM »
There's a ballot for Wales euro 2020 tickets and you put all the games you want and if successful you must buy them all, can't just pick and choose and if you don't buy all the ones you applied for, you don't get any.

Offline scouser102002

• Believer
« Reply #12490 on: January 28, 2020, 03:33:26 PM »
Well you are only guaranteed 16/17 already, the last couple will just be sold differently

It would piss me off no end that.

Fail in the ballot for a game I know I would have defo got in the late sale/F5 game.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #12491 on: January 28, 2020, 03:34:02 PM »
I've had the e-mail and I'm not 13 plus

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #12492 on: January 28, 2020, 03:35:09 PM »
The greedy gits should just put a cap on memberships !
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT96

SOS member 11059

Offline scouser102002

• Believer
« Reply #12493 on: January 28, 2020, 03:35:10 PM »
I guess it makes sense considering those who don't get tickets will most likely complain about it

But it doesn't apply to the 13+ people as they're guaranteed anyway

Looks like I was wrong anyway and its just random

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12494 on: January 28, 2020, 03:37:08 PM »
But it doesn't apply to the 13+ people as they're guaranteed anyway

Looks like I was wrong anyway and its just random

We're not guaranteed for all 19 games.

Offline Tommypig

• Believer
« Reply #12495 on: January 28, 2020, 03:38:25 PM »
What an excellent and fair process hopefully they will allow you to pair applications to allow more families and friends to attend together.

If everyone who applies gets at least one or two successful applications the more people will get to enjoy Anfield and will help cut down on people who are desperate for tickets but have to rely on the secondary market.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Believer
« Reply #12496 on: January 28, 2020, 03:40:05 PM »
It would piss me off no end that.

Fail in the ballot for a game I know I would have defo got in the late sale/F5 game.
No mention of removing late sales anywhere. Unless they are binning the STH exchange?

Offline scouser102002

• Believer
« Reply #12497 on: January 28, 2020, 03:43:47 PM »
No mention of removing late sales anywhere. Unless they are binning the STH exchange?

I think I'm misunderstanding this. The ballot is replacing the bulks sales but the late sales will continue as normal?

Ok, that's not as bad as I thought, but then I haven't been entirely unsuccessful in the bulk sales the last 2 years, 10+ of my tickets have come from the bulks so I'm still not totally convinced.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Believer
« Reply #12498 on: January 28, 2020, 03:46:29 PM »
I think I'm misunderstanding this. The ballot is replacing the bulks sales but the late sales will continue as normal?

Ok, that's not as bad as I thought, but then I haven't been entirely unsuccessful in the bulk sales the last 2 years, 10+ of my tickets have come from the bulks so I'm still not totally convinced.
That's what the email seems to say, they could easily be introducing a ballot for late sales too 

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #12499 on: January 28, 2020, 03:49:02 PM »
They should just offer a seasie to anyone who has had all 19 on their cards for say a minimum of 8 years.

;)
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT96

SOS member 11059

Offline jskyner

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12500 on: January 28, 2020, 03:55:24 PM »
How will people decide where to sit or will you get what your given?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Believer
« Reply #12501 on: January 28, 2020, 03:58:15 PM »
How will people decide where to sit or will you get what your given?
Probably won't have the option too, you'll get offered a seat somewhere take it or leave it

Offline scouser102002

• Believer
« Reply #12502 on: January 28, 2020, 04:00:24 PM »
Probably won't have the option too, you'll get offered a seat somewhere take it or leave it

Nah it will be like the Wembley cup final ballots probably.

Ballot is drawn two weeks before, you get a yes or no.

If you get a yes you can buy in the sale when it goes live and pick your seat.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 96.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12503 on: January 28, 2020, 04:02:57 PM »
Is that the ladder removed from anyone below 13+ at the end of the season?

to be honest, if I got an equal chance to every game, rather than just all or nothing that would probably be better than the current system - but then doesn't look like it's gonna be easy to get back to above 4+ this season. I had 11 last season, and I'm on 2 for this season - so just as this ballot comes in I'll be with every other person who has just registered for a membership. Looks like that would have been the case anyway though unless I managed to get two more.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 96. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12504 on: January 28, 2020, 04:03:33 PM »

That makes more sense. If you're in early you'll choose where you go - in later and you might have to get singles for your group.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Believer
« Reply #12505 on: January 28, 2020, 04:06:52 PM »

Yeah I see, makes sense

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #12506 on: January 28, 2020, 04:07:34 PM »

This will probably answer my question from earlier.  I presume you get a yes or a no then choose your tickets so anyone who has a yes but then can't afford an extra game, their ticket will go back into the pot for a late availability sale.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12507 on: January 28, 2020, 04:08:49 PM »
This will probably answer my question from earlier.  I presume you get a yes or a no then choose your tickets so anyone who has a yes but then can't afford an extra game, their ticket will go back into the pot for a late availability sale.
Yeah late availability would tend to make a lot more sense than having a waiting list for the game like they do for finals.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #12508 on: January 28, 2020, 04:10:21 PM »
[ The Club is exploring removing the Ď1st come 1st servedí sales for matches where the Club cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all that apply, and introducing a ballot process as the alternative. ]

The club doesnít currently do a  Ď1st come 1st servedí sale

The time given in the queue is not 1st come, 1st served.

Then once your in, you could be beaten to a ticket to someone who gets on the site 10 minutes later due to the timing of a basket drop and/or refresh timing.  Again, far from Ď1st come 1st servedí

Offline TeddyTime33

• Believer
« Reply #12509 on: January 28, 2020, 04:11:04 PM »
Yeah late availability would tend to make a lot more sense than having a waiting list for the game like they do for finals.
Late availability sales are good for people who can organise short-notice travel, waiting lists might not be feasible for some 

Offline TeddyTime33

• Believer
« Reply #12510 on: January 28, 2020, 04:11:59 PM »
[ The Club is exploring removing the Ď1st come 1st servedí sales for matches where the Club cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all that apply, and introducing a ballot process as the alternative. ]

The club doesnít currently do a  Ď1st come 1st servedí sale

The time given in the queue is not 1st come, 1st served.

Then once your in, you could be beaten to a ticket to someone who gets on the site 10 minutes later due to the timing of a basket drop and/or refresh timing.  Again, far from Ď1st come 1st servedí
Still a 1st come 1st serve concept

Offline aspi1989

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12511 on: January 28, 2020, 04:14:38 PM »
How it would work

Those Members not guaranteed a ticket would be able register for the ballot for every game they wish to attend.
There would be two ballot registration periods, one for games to be played up to 31 December, the other for all remaining games until the end of the season.  Both registration periods would take place well in advance of each ticket sale, a minimum of 2 weeks prior.
In each registration period, there would be separate ballots for selected matches based on eligibility criteria , ie the 2019/20 sale in place to Members with 4+ games, and the sale in place to all Members.
Members would be randomly selected via an independent ballot process undertaken by Civica Election Services, (formerly Electoral Reform Services), who the Club used for last seasonís cup final ticketing ballots.
Those successful in the ballots would be guaranteed a ticket.

Offline scouser102002

• Believer
« Reply #12512 on: January 28, 2020, 04:15:51 PM »

Yeah, if you get a yes but then don't buy your ticket when the sales comes around it goes back into the pot, probably for the late availability sale, or if they do a waiting list then it goes to that

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #12513 on: January 28, 2020, 04:20:38 PM »
What happens if youíre successful in the ballot and the match gets scheduled (ie Monday night) and you canít attend.  Does the ticket go into the late sale and you get a refund/credit?

Offline scouser102002

• Believer
« Reply #12514 on: January 28, 2020, 04:23:54 PM »
What happens if youíre successful in the ballot and the match gets scheduled (ie Monday night) and you canít attend.  Does the ticket go into the late sale and you get a refund/credit?

It's just the same as when you buy a ticket in the bulk and the game gets re-arranged.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #12515 on: January 28, 2020, 04:24:25 PM »
I canít decide whether itís a good thing or a bad thing.

I just have visions of it being like Wimbledon (Tennis Ballot) and itís easier for people to think Iím not really that much into them, but because itís a two second click of a button. Iíll do it.

Although it looks like they will use the same ballot system, with that you have to be on the electoral roll and they only allow one entry per household for a maximum of two tickets. Wonder if it will be the same, say one entry per household for a maximum of four tickets? Obviously each one would need a membership number

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12516 on: January 28, 2020, 04:26:02 PM »
I canít decide whether itís a good thing or a bad thing.

I just have visions of it being like Wimbledon (Tennis Ballot) and itís easier for people to think Iím not really that much into them, but because itís a two second click of a button. Iíll do it.

Although it looks like they will use the same ballot system, with that you have to be on the electoral roll and they only allow one entry per household for a maximum of two tickets. Wonder if it will be the same, say one entry per household for a maximum of four tickets? Obviously each one would need a membership number

to be honest all of this just makes me happier I've got cup games on my card going back years because at least I've got some form of guaranteed games each season and I know roughly when they will be.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Believer
« Reply #12517 on: January 28, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »
If this is the case you've no chance of ever getting 19.

So after working your arse off for years to build up your credits, they now want to throw you in with 100,000 others for some games

So if like this season we could possibly win a league for the first time in 30 years, or win the league again against a Villa or other Cat C game, you're not there coz you missed out on a ballot to somebody who's just bought a membership

I'd rather take my chances for Cat C on the current system than have a 1 in 11 or more chance in a ballot
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:39:29 PM by Tiz Lad »

Offline gordo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12518 on: January 28, 2020, 04:32:05 PM »
I have said it before in various places including to the club that the refreshing for a drop is the issue.

The way it should work is:
Bulk sales as per usual.
Locals as per usual.
Additional sale as per usual.

Still havenít got one?
Join the ballot by 5pm day of the additional sale (timeframe doesnít have to be 5pm) and then you get allocated a number like you would for a cup final.
Once a return comes in it gets allocated to ballot position number 1, 2, 3 etc... 
24 hours to buy it otherwise you lose it.

This works better for those who canít spend all day refreshing and in my eyes it is the fairest way.
Obviously others wonít agree.

Edit: criteria of 4+ and 13+ (subject to change) still apply for certain games.
Edit 2: I only have 2 credits this season from bulk sales.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:46:30 PM by gordo »

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #12519 on: January 28, 2020, 04:32:38 PM »
It's just the same as when you buy a ticket in the bulk and the game gets re-arranged.

Never been successful in the bulk sales. How does it work?