Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL QF 2nd Leg City 0 v Liverpool 3 [10 April 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 92860 times)

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
No Aguero  8)

Up the fucking Reds
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
Pep going all out attack, suppose he doesn't have much choice. Fancy our chances down the sides with Mane and Salah.

But their best striker isn't playing.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
We will score within the first five minutes.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • VAR is shite.
There's some things you can't buy....

Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Pep's practically put all his eggs in one basket (minus Aguero) and he's going all out attack.

He has a history of doing odd things post Barca in semi finals of this competition with Bayern.

This is a system they have hardly played,this plays right into our hands.

As it's been written on here a few times Pep's teams are all about control and Klopp teams are all about disrupting control.

I am really confident now,that line up from City is really  unbalanced.

Fuck knows who's marking Salah at LWB. ;D

He doesn't really play on the wing though. Mane v sterling at rwb?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Jesus was nailed on

Even he can't save them now! ;D

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Jesus barely got a look in last week, I'd expect more from him this week, but he's still no Aguero, who can seemingly score from anywhere
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline scouseman

• Believer
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
We will score within the first five minutes.

would be wonderful and ease my nervous tension no end if that were the case. 

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • VAR is shite.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Believer
The 5-0 at City earlier in the season is a blessing in disguise. At least we are aware that this tie is not actually done.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Believer
There's some things you can't buy....

For everything else, there's plastic
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
As you can see from the speculation on here, he can play a variety of shapes, sure, but every variation there has plenty for us to aim at. Play Sterling and Sane as wing-backs, you already limit your most potent 1v1 players, alleviate one of our major worries by giving them a defensive brief, by giving us a chance to go behind and pin them back. You play someone like B. Silva wider, that works as someone weaker defensively to target. The wider take from that line-up is he's gone for bust with possession there, as usual, so we don't have to drastically change anything. Within that framework, of course you'll need to observe and adapt to their shape changes, their little tweaks in game.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Jesus was nailed on

*Insert life of Brian image
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Believer
Given Agueros record in this fixture we have to be pleased he doesn't start.

It looks like Pep has basically set them up for an all or nothing performance.

One thing is for sure, we will get chances on the break.

Especially with Mo starting. He will get chances tonight. No question

Come on Redmen! Don't let the Mrs down who is even watching tonight (she watched last week as well and that was the first time in a few years she has watched a game all the way through - is she like lucky socks....?)
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
I expect Pepe thinks Kompany is a liability against ar Mo and perhaps he wants to unleash Aguero from the bench, but overall considering their line-up and them flags it's not looking like a classic European night in Manchester is it  ;D

Good job the Reds are involved.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Cheers mate.

Pep was clearly worried about how easily we isolated Fernandinho and then exposed their split center backs in January. That will still be on his mind and I think. He will probably go with something a bit out of left field with 3 at the back (Walker, Kompany, Danilo), Sane & Sterling at wing backs, Gundogan, Silva & De Bruyne in midfield and Aguero + Jesus up front.

Gini is due a goal away from home. So why not him :D Would love Gini, Lovren, Milner, Moreno, Trent, Ings or Solanke to grab a goal. Someone who has taken stick and would enjoy even more than Salah & Firmino the chance to go and scream their lungs out at the travelling kop. I worry about Mane scoring simply because Firmino hasn't scored for a bit and he won't know how to celebrate the goal. His last one he just stoof there and got mobbed. Worried his head might explode if he scores again.

This looks pretty left field from him. Again, I think Pep is over thinking this as I mentioned he tends to do when up against it. Curious to see what his actual plan is here but if we are looking at a back 3 then I expect Salah and Mane to have some joy against them.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
That attack they got could easily put them 3nil up half time, however it could also concede the same amount. Pep wants goals quickly to try and make us fuck up equally quickly I reckon. Im very nervous about this one now

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Believer
  • Pretty fly for a white guy

I said to Loris Karius, "Do you like toast, Loris?"
He said "Yes i do, James. Why?"
I said "Because i've brought my toaster, Loris". It was hilarious.

Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
The 5-0 at City earlier in the season is a blessing in disguise. At least we are aware that this tie is not actually done.

Yep agree

Offline scouseman

• Believer
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Especially with Mo starting. He will get chances tonight. No question

Come on Redmen! Don't let the Mrs down who is even watching tonight (she watched last week as well and that was the first time in a few years she has watched a game all the way through - is she like lucky socks....?)

you have started a superstition now. She will have to watch all our games till we win the CL. sit in the same spot etc.

Offline Classycara

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Wondering if Guardiola is having Sane and Sterling play in more orthodox wide midfielder/winger starting positions, so they can arrive later into moves and build up a head of steam before challenging our full backs?

Liking the 3 vs 3. If we can isolate Fernandinho on an early counter, and get him on a yellow, it might force an even more ‘loose’ choice from them

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
I think our boss is ready... ;D

Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Believer
  • No Murdoch in our house
For everything else, there's plastic
Thank you, very, very good.
For some reason I got it in my head this starts at 6.45. It means I am peaking early, first can down and samosas eaten.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Believer
It doesn't matter what way man city plays. Get the ball to one of our forwards, get them running at that defence and it's game over inside the first 20 minutes.

A Bobby no look goal is happening. Empty their fucking stadium by half time.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the Trophy

That bloke and then especially that bird there: those are pretty darn hard stares they are directing at our bus. Should be referred for UEFA investigation. Was this flash mob pre-planned? where are the police? Is that a half and half? Shocking.
Damn that Mane's good!

"Bend it like Atkinson": Now on screens worldwide.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
This looks pretty left field from him. Again, I think Pep is over thinking this as I mentioned he tends to do when up against it. Curious to see what his actual plan is here but if we are looking at a back 3 then I expect Salah and Mane to have some joy against them.

also: didn't sterling ask to leave us because rogers played him as a WB?

guessing they want to push right up on to us knowing we will want to sit in MF but there should be acres of space on the break.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Believer
you have started a superstition now. She will have to watch all our games till we win the CL. sit in the same spot etc.

Well if she comes up trumps tonight I will assure you that nowt will change between now and the final. You have my word
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • VAR is shite.
Absolutely bouncing before kick off....

Offline idontknow

• i_know_use's_for_apostrophes',,_see
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
So looking forward to this.
The beers are flowing, people are talking shit, there are people in the pub to pretty much see their first game, and I'm gonna shout all over them, drink beer after beer after beer and celebrate Liverpool FC on another brilliant night.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthreadw.php?t=2084026

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Believer
  • ...All the best
No better cure for nerves than the best player in the world starting  8)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Awkward Squad

City fans welcome their bus... https://streamable.com/e8dti

Announcer: "Pep said we need your support! It starts now! So please make some noise... Manchester City!" cue a couple of claps and a cheer.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:01:36 PM by oojason »
a Useful Links post to help follow the RedMen & football in general for 2019/20; info for tv, streams, IPTV, goal videos, incidents, highlights & full game replays - as well as news, line-ups, latest scores, & more.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Believer

LMFAO!!! THEY HAVE AN ANNOUNCER FOR THEIR BUS EXIT!!!

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
What the fuck is that City line-up. Laporte left back and Fernandinho cb? We know they're not long-balling at least!

They will go back 3 with Sane and Sterling as wing backs..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
So looking forward to this.
The beers are flowing, people are talking shit, there are people in the pub to pretty much see their first game, and I'm gonna shout all over them, drink beer after beer after beer and celebrate Liverpool FC on another brilliant night.

show em how we roll ;D

Offline scouseman

• Believer
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Well if she comes up trumps tonight I will assure you that nowt will change between now and the final. You have my word

good man. enjoy it and lets hope we go all the way and RAWK is a happy place post match tonight. As kevin bacon in that EE ad goes "lets go over to Klopp for a overreaction

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Announcer: Pep said we need your support! It starts now! So please make some noise... Manchester City!' cue a couple of claps and a cheer.

:lmao

"Make some noise. Please I beg you, make this look less contrived"

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Absolutely bouncing before kick off....

Reminds me of games played against Turkish teams in Istanbul.

Offline Red Raw Burp!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Klopptimistic
Man, the tension has been almost unbearable today.  Funnily enough I think we will win the match but I am still shitting it here!

Up the Fucking Reds!  :scarf  :scarf

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Believer
Who are these weapons on the tv with half and half scarves on. FFS