Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1446375 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool
« Reply #4040 on: December 22, 2018, 10:32:23 am »
There must be a majority of c**** in our squad then as they voted VD captain. 😜

I know that this is when Hendo sits out but that could be 50% of our games given his injury problems.

Virgil bosses the game no matter who plays. Listen and watch him.

You know what I mean.

Those lads who tweet him saying ‘My captain’.

He’s obviously a respected figure in the squad. That’s brilliant. He’s a leader without a bit of fabric on his arm.

I’m more on about the people who have a continued need to pick on things. To have an agenda against certain players. We haven’t had it so good for years. Literally no LFC fan should be complaining about anything at the moment. Who’s captain, what Lovren said, Nabil Fekir etc...
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4041 on: December 22, 2018, 10:43:18 am »
He’s like a 15 year old playing for the Under 8s. Monster!

Virgil is a golden Rolls Royce running on a terminator chip..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4042 on: December 22, 2018, 10:53:28 am »
He's miles ahead of anyone else for player of the year thus far in the league. He makes everything look so easy. Is there a better defender in the world at the moment?
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4043 on: December 22, 2018, 10:56:15 am »
There must be a majority of c**** in our squad then as they voted VD captain. 😜

I know that this is when Hendo sits out but that could be 50% of our games given his injury problems.

Virgil bosses the game no matter who plays. Listen and watch him.

Well....they voted him as third captain

So assistant to the assistant to the manager....

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4044 on: December 22, 2018, 10:56:59 am »
I honestly think 75m looks like absolute daylight robbery now.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4045 on: December 22, 2018, 11:15:46 am »
Watching him cruise as Traore was busting a lung to get past was just beautiful. So relaxing. Would be so easy to play alongside this guy, absolute Monster... and he had a cold last night too!

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4046 on: December 22, 2018, 11:16:46 am »
Still not convinced.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4047 on: December 22, 2018, 11:56:53 am »
Obviously I'm glad that we waited, but the fact that we had to essentially because of our boasting about tapping him up reflected very poorly on the club, and was very damaging to the team. Don't think anyone can be blamed if they were seething at the time, I certainly was.

See I think people went overboard at the time, we fucked up but at the time the hysteria surrounding it was ridiculous. In hindsight, it looks even more that way.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4048 on: December 22, 2018, 12:01:17 pm »
Still not convinced.
Yeah me neither mate. Needs to do something absolutely outlandish to be considered in the same class as people in this thread seem to think.

Still waiting for that..
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #4049 on: December 22, 2018, 12:08:15 pm »
Watching him cruise as Traore was busting a lung to get past was just beautiful. So relaxing. Would be so easy to play alongside this guy, absolute Monster... and he had a cold last night too!

That was great, wasn’t it? And the look he gave one of his teammates (couldn’t see who it was) afterwards as if to say, ‘I didn’t have to try that hard’.
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4050 on: December 22, 2018, 12:11:10 pm »
Yeah me neither mate. Needs to do something absolutely outlandish to be considered in the same class as people in this thread seem to think.

Still waiting for that..

;D

On a serious note I’m happy to admit I have the manager absolute pelters for going into last season without signing a centre half. Absolutely delighted to be proven wrong. What a fucking player. It tells you how good he is when a centre half is getting similar adulation to our best ever forward players, Fowler, Torres, Suarez, and that’s with Salah in the same team as him.

Honestly I’m gobsmacked. I, like most people knew we were signing a good player when the news broke a year ago, but Jesus Christ.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4051 on: December 22, 2018, 01:13:39 pm »
Was I imagining what I wanted to imagine or when Big Virgil put on the afterburners to beat Traore to the ball did he give that little I-can’t-quite-resist-it cheeky grin that he does sometimes? 😁

I didn’t realise Van Dijk was that quick. There was talk before the game that Traore’s pace would be a challenge. It’s like Virgil always has that extra gear he needs when facing an opponent with a certain skill.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4052 on: December 22, 2018, 01:49:02 pm »
Best player in the Premier League this season. No doubt about it.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4053 on: December 22, 2018, 01:49:55 pm »
Priceless!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4054 on: December 22, 2018, 03:02:09 pm »
One thing he does that cracks me up is when an opponent is shaping to press him he holds out his left hand in the "Stop" position, and it works.  ;D Hes such an alpha male the opposition takes orders from him. i use exactly the same hand signal with my dogs if they say look to want to leave a sit or a stay too soon, it reinforces the original command without having to make another verbal, which you want to avoid if possible.

Basically its all subliminal but hes effectively saying "if you press me im going to casually hold you off with the little finger of my left hand and you are going to look so foolish in front of the whole world, best to rethink your position now before its too late." and they do, they rethink. Its utterly comical, hes beat them in the head so he doesn't even have to do it on the pitch.

He does it almost every game and its nearly 100% effective. His opponents know they cant beat him. truly comical, hes got mad skills but that ones all bluff imo.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: December 22, 2018, 05:15:00 pm »
Will be PFA POTY.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4056 on: December 22, 2018, 05:15:59 pm »
Is there a better defender in the world at the moment?

No.

You have to laugh at the likes of Ramos and Varane ahead of him in the Guardian 100. They've been a clownshow all season.

He's the best the PL has seen in years.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #4057 on: December 22, 2018, 07:09:34 pm »
I didn’t realise Van Dijk was that quick. There was talk before the game that Traore’s pace would be a challenge. It’s like Virgil always has that extra gear he needs when facing an opponent with a certain skill.

People just assumed, especially after Sane burned him when he was completely unfit and in 1st gear in pre-season that he wasn't that quick but I'm pretty sure if he wanted to he could outsprint or match the the likes of Aubameyang over 100m. The thing is, and unlike so many in recent years (even Varane) he chooses to position himself well rather than continually pit himself in footraces.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: December 22, 2018, 07:32:33 pm »
Our most important player for me. I love him and I was never really a fan of defenders. Our favourite players were always midfielders and strikers. He's immense though. Wouldn't change him for anyone.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4059 on: December 22, 2018, 07:43:25 pm »
People just assumed, especially after Sane burned him when he was completely unfit and in 1st gear in pre-season that he wasn't that quick but I'm pretty sure if he wanted to he could outsprint or match the the likes of Aubameyang over 100m. The thing is, and unlike so many in recent years (even Varane) he chooses to position himself well rather than continually pit himself in footraces.

Pace defending. It doesn't really count though, does it?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: December 22, 2018, 07:46:14 pm »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool
« Reply #4062 on: December 22, 2018, 08:36:28 pm »
I bet he smells lovely.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: December 22, 2018, 11:53:34 pm »

I think the likes of Sane and Auba might beat him over 100m but it would be close. Combine this with his outstanding positioning and often it is a no contest except with the absolute best at running the ball, which are the likes of Sane, Sterling etc.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4064 on: December 22, 2018, 11:57:48 pm »
You know what I mean.

He’s obviously a respected figure in the squad. That’s brilliant. He’s a leader without a bit of fabric on his arm.

I’m more on about the people who have a continued need to pick on things. To have an agenda against certain players. We haven’t had it so good for years. Literally no LFC fan should be complaining about anything at the moment. Who’s captain, what Lovren said, Nabil Fekir etc...

I don't get this at all. No one should be inspired by a player this good that they think he should be captain even if there is already a very good captain in the side?

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4065 on: December 23, 2018, 01:01:02 am »
I don't get this at all. No one should be inspired by a player this good that they think he should be captain even if there is already a very good captain in the side?

What's not to get

He's saying he has a problem with people saying 'my captain' to have a dig at Henderson being captain

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4066 on: December 23, 2018, 01:33:19 am »
;D

On a serious note I’m happy to admit I have the manager absolute pelters for going into last season without signing a centre half. Absolutely delighted to be proven wrong. What a fucking player. It tells you how good he is when a centre half is getting similar adulation to our best ever forward players, Fowler, Torres, Suarez, and that’s with Salah in the same team as him.

Honestly I’m gobsmacked. I, like most people knew we were signing a good player when the news broke a year ago, but Jesus Christ.
I can only try and compare him. He is just on another level to anything I've seen sofar. No weaknesses!
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #4067 on: December 23, 2018, 01:33:47 am »
Pace defending. It doesn't really count though, does it?

nope. I mean players who are like that end up fucked later on in their career when their legs can't get them about anymore (Richards) so whats the point in crutching on it if you want a 15 year career at the top .

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4068 on: December 23, 2018, 01:34:28 am »

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4069 on: December 23, 2018, 01:45:53 am »
He's actually as good as what Ramos imagines himself to be.

He's so much better than any CB in the world its almost a joke.

He's better than a prime Rio Ferdinand. Easily.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4070 on: December 23, 2018, 01:48:33 am »
Our most important player for me. I love him and I was never really a fan of defenders. Our favourite players were always midfielders and strikers. He's immense though. Wouldn't change him for anyone.

Agreed. Salah may get the plaudits (and he's a magnificent bastard don't get me wrong), but this fella is fucking aces.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4071 on: December 23, 2018, 02:23:37 am »
Think these were the same lads/lasses who were moaning when Klopp said Milner was like a new midfield signing in summer 2017. This is just before he went and recorded a CL season with the most assists by an individual.

I’m glad I was one of the “trust the manager” folk. Who’d have fucking known. He’s knows more than someone watching the game in their undies in front of the tele.

I have the same attitude with Henderson, Lovren, Lallana. The players the Twitter virgins seem to think they know more about than Klopp.

I suppose the message here is Klopp and his team got things spectacularly right with VvD. He’s earnt our trust massively and his decisions should be trusted implicitly at the moment. He’s earnt it.

VvD is amazing. Anyone calling for him to be captain is a c*nt though

I would have made him captain at the start of this season. With hindsight, it is probably better that Henderson keeps it for this season. I would be very surprised if he isn't captain at the start of next season. I am not a c*** I am just giving you my opinion. I may well be wrong, but that doesn't make me a c*** either.

If you only want to hear people or respect people that have the same views as you, perhaps staying at home and shouting at the mirror might be for you.
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: December 23, 2018, 02:36:16 am »
What's not to get

He's saying he has a problem with people saying 'my captain' to have a dig at Henderson being captain
Maybe it's a dig or maybe it's someone's opinion that Van Dijk should be the captain. I don't even think we should change captains but the hair trigger sensitivity of some actually makes me want to see it happen for a laugh.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4073 on: December 23, 2018, 02:40:10 am »
I would like to see Virgil made captain and Trent or Gomez vice,not arsed though,especially when we're winning.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #4074 on: December 23, 2018, 02:57:05 am »
It's fine to prefer Van Dijk as a captain, but for the people to keep on banging on it after Klopp deliberately revealed he and Gini have been voted in as the 3rd and 4th choice captains, that we have now four acknowledged genuine leaders, is to not listen to the gaffer at all. That the measure of captaincy isn't tied to one individual.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4075 on: December 23, 2018, 03:13:01 am »
Diamond.

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: December 23, 2018, 03:39:55 am »
You know what I mean.

I thought he should be Captain for very different reasons. For starters I like henderson a lot. I think he is instrumental in our press. he leads the press and is excellent at quickly disrupting the oppositions play. His role in that system is key.

I wanted Virgil to be Captain because he will play every game when fit and is a natural leader. I was not sure that henderson would make the team every week with Fab and Keita joining plus Gini's change in role. I personally prefer my captains to be in the side every week.

As it turned out, Fab took a while to adjust and it would have been disruptive to change the Captain, especially as he had had a good world cup too. I have to trust Klopp's judgement, but I still have to ask myself what would Paisley have done? That of course is down to conjecture, but I do know he was ruthless.

I think it is inevitable the Virgil will be Captain sooner rather than later.

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4077 on: December 23, 2018, 03:42:10 am »
Well....they voted him as third captain

So assistant to the assistant to the manager....

Third was the highest position he could have in that vote. One and two weren't up for grabs.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #4078 on: December 23, 2018, 03:52:09 am »
I thought he should be Captain for very different reasons. For starters I like henderson a lot. I think he is instrumental in our press. he leads the press and is excellent at quickly disrupting the oppositions play. His role in that system is key.

I wanted Virgil to be Captain because he will play every game when fit and is a natural leader. I was not sure that henderson would make the team every week with Fab and Keita joining plus Gini's change in role. I personally prefer my captains to be in the side every week.

As it turned out, Fab took a while to adjust and it would have been disruptive to change the Captain, especially as he had had a good world cup too. I have to trust Klopp's judgement, but I still have to ask myself what would Paisley have done? That of course is down to conjecture, but I do know he was ruthless.

I think it is inevitable the Virgil will be Captain sooner rather than later.

That's entirely fair, but Klopp has probably addressed the captaincy issue by making it about a committee of leaders (namely Henderson, Milner, VVD and Gini), making the armband a shared responsibility.

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4079 on: December 23, 2018, 03:56:40 am »
He's actually as good as what Ramos imagines himself to be.

He's so much better than any CB in the world its almost a joke.

He's better than a prime Rio Ferdinand. Easily.

I always read Ramos as "Ramos is a c*nt"

My bad, I guess.