Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk PFA Player of the Year, UEFA Player of the Year  (Read 633853 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
Re: Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool
« Reply #4040 on: December 22, 2018, 10:00:30 AM »
Iím guessing that those who wanted Klopp/Edwards to sign an alternate CB when we werenít able to get Southampton to sell him to us are pretty happy that Klopp was willing to wait.  Must be one of the top 2-3 CBís in the world today. 

Think these were the same lads/lasses who were moaning when Klopp said Milner was like a new midfield signing in summer 2017. This is just before he went and recorded a CL season with the most assists by an individual.

Iím glad I was one of the ďtrust the managerĒ folk. Whoíd have fucking known. Heís knows more than someone watching the game in their undies in front of the tele.

I have the same attitude with Henderson, Lovren, Lallana. The players the Twitter virgins seem to think they know more about than Klopp.

I suppose the message here is Klopp and his team got things spectacularly right with VvD. Heís earnt our trust massively and his decisions should be trusted implicitly at the moment. Heís earnt it.

VvD is amazing. Anyone calling for him to be captain is a c*nt though
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline redtel

• Believer
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #4041 on: December 22, 2018, 10:07:38 AM »
Think these were the same lads/lasses who were moaning when Klopp said Milner was like a new midfield signing in summer 2017. This is just before he went and recorded a CL season with the most assists by an individual.

Iím glad I was one of the ďtrust the managerĒ folk. Whoíd have fucking known. Heís knows more than someone watching the game in their undies in front of the tele.

I have the same attitude with Henderson, Lovren, Lallana. The players the Twitter virgins seem to think they know more about than Klopp.

I suppose the message here is Klopp and his team got things spectacularly right with VvD. Heís earnt our trust massively and his decisions should be trusted implicitly at the moment. Heís earnt it.

There must be a majority of c**** in our squad then as they voted VD captain. 😜

I know that this is when Hendo sits out but that could be 50% of our games given his injury problems.

Virgil bosses the game no matter who plays. Listen and watch him.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4042 on: December 22, 2018, 10:17:20 AM »
If we can win one of the big two this year then he has to go down as one of the biggest signings in our history.

Alisson, Gomez, Trent, Robertson, even Matip and Lovren deserve credit for our defensive improvement but what this bloke has done since signing is absolutely unbelievable. Best centre half in the world at the moment. The way he just bullies people off the ball and then walks away, his whole demeanor says he's always got a situation under control and that has to spread confidence.

People get bogged down talking about captains, at the moment we are growing a team of leaders with captains all over the pitch. It's what we've been asking for since the Benitez era really. As exciting as we were in the early months of Klopp this team is currently unrecognisable from the one he inherited. His coaching deserves all the credit in the world but sometimes you just have to cough the money up for the very best, that's what we've done and it is paying off in a way I don't think any of us really believed it would.

Level with that Chelsea team of 2004/5 is remarkable, especially considering that defending was such a huge part of what they were all about. We are still fundamentally an attacking team, all about creating opportunities and scoring goals. The style has changed from last season but we are still an exciting team to watch, it's just that all of a sudden we have this ability to look like once we're in the lead, nobody can lay a glove. Like I said,everyone deserves credit for that but Virgil has been the spearhead of it. What a fucking signing, what a fucking defender.

Offline You'll Never Walk Alone

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys...
« Reply #4043 on: December 22, 2018, 10:26:49 AM »
Heís like a 15 year old playing for the Under 8s. Monster!
Quote from: Youll Never Walk Alone on September  2, 2007, 12:38:14 PM
Voronin = Bargain.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock.
  • Believer
  • Bring on the Champions! Bring on the Champions!
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4044 on: December 22, 2018, 10:29:39 AM »

Indeed he is, Mr Bennell.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #4045 on: December 22, 2018, 10:32:23 AM »

I know that this is when Hendo sits out but that could be 50% of our games given his injury problems.

You know what I mean.

Those lads who tweet him saying ĎMy captainí.

Heís obviously a respected figure in the squad. Thatís brilliant. Heís a leader without a bit of fabric on his arm.

Iím more on about the people who have a continued need to pick on things. To have an agenda against certain players. We havenít had it so good for years. Literally no LFC fan should be complaining about anything at the moment. Whoís captain, what Lovren said, Nabil Fekir etc...
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
« Reply #4046 on: December 22, 2018, 10:43:18 AM »

Virgil is a golden Rolls Royce running on a terminator chip..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Mister men

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4047 on: December 22, 2018, 10:53:28 AM »
He's miles ahead of anyone else for player of the year thus far in the league. He makes everything look so easy. Is there a better defender in the world at the moment?

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #4048 on: December 22, 2018, 10:56:15 AM »

Well....they voted him as third captain

So assistant to the assistant to the manager....

Or he could read Babu's Twitter threads, which is where I get my opinions from

Offline Mister men

• Believer
« Reply #4049 on: December 22, 2018, 10:56:59 AM »
I honestly think 75m looks like absolute daylight robbery now.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Believer
« Reply #4050 on: December 22, 2018, 11:15:46 AM »
Watching him cruise as Traore was busting a lung to get past was just beautiful. So relaxing. Would be so easy to play alongside this guy, absolute Monster... and he had a cold last night too!

Online Jm55

• Would drive you round the bend but his car won't start.
  • Believer
« Reply #4051 on: December 22, 2018, 11:16:46 AM »
Still not convinced.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4052 on: December 22, 2018, 11:56:53 AM »
Obviously I'm glad that we waited, but the fact that we had to essentially because of our boasting about tapping him up reflected very poorly on the club, and was very damaging to the team. Don't think anyone can be blamed if they were seething at the time, I certainly was.

See I think people went overboard at the time, we fucked up but at the time the hysteria surrounding it was ridiculous. In hindsight, it looks even more that way.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Believer
« Reply #4053 on: December 22, 2018, 12:01:17 PM »
Still not convinced.
Yeah me neither mate. Needs to do something absolutely outlandish to be considered in the same class as people in this thread seem to think.

Still waiting for that..
Let's drink to him once more. He was a good Stalker.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline El_Macca_17

• Believer
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #4054 on: December 22, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »
Watching him cruise as Traore was busting a lung to get past was just beautiful. So relaxing. Would be so easy to play alongside this guy, absolute Monster... and he had a cold last night too!

That was great, wasnít it? And the look he gave one of his teammates (couldnít see who it was) afterwards as if to say, ĎI didnít have to try that hardí.
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Online Jm55

• Would drive you round the bend but his car won't start.
  • Believer
« Reply #4055 on: December 22, 2018, 12:11:10 PM »
Yeah me neither mate. Needs to do something absolutely outlandish to be considered in the same class as people in this thread seem to think.

Still waiting for that..

;D

On a serious note Iím happy to admit I have the manager absolute pelters for going into last season without signing a centre half. Absolutely delighted to be proven wrong. What a fucking player. It tells you how good he is when a centre half is getting similar adulation to our best ever forward players, Fowler, Torres, Suarez, and thatís with Salah in the same team as him.

Honestly Iím gobsmacked. I, like most people knew we were signing a good player when the news broke a year ago, but Jesus Christ.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4056 on: December 22, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
Was I imagining what I wanted to imagine or when Big Virgil put on the afterburners to beat Traore to the ball did he give that little I-canít-quite-resist-it cheeky grin that he does sometimes? 😁

I didnít realise Van Dijk was that quick. There was talk before the game that Traoreís pace would be a challenge. Itís like Virgil always has that extra gear he needs when facing an opponent with a certain skill.
ďWe aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.ď Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline mattD

• Believer
« Reply #4057 on: December 22, 2018, 01:49:02 PM »
Best player in the Premier League this season. No doubt about it.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4058 on: December 22, 2018, 01:49:55 PM »
Priceless!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4059 on: December 22, 2018, 03:02:09 PM »
One thing he does that cracks me up is when an opponent is shaping to press him he holds out his left hand in the "Stop" position, and it works.  ;D Hes such an alpha male the opposition takes orders from him. i use exactly the same hand signal with my dogs if they say look to want to leave a sit or a stay too soon, it reinforces the original command without having to make another verbal, which you want to avoid if possible.

Basically its all subliminal but hes effectively saying "if you press me im going to casually hold you off with the little finger of my left hand and you are going to look so foolish in front of the whole world, best to rethink your position now before its too late." and they do, they rethink. Its utterly comical, hes beat them in the head so he doesn't even have to do it on the pitch.

He does it almost every game and its nearly 100% effective. His opponents know they cant beat him. truly comical, hes got mad skills but that ones all bluff imo.

Damn that Mane's good!

"Bend it like Atkinson": Now on screens worldwide.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4060 on: December 22, 2018, 05:15:00 PM »
Will be PFA POTY.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4061 on: December 22, 2018, 05:15:59 PM »
Is there a better defender in the world at the moment?

No.

You have to laugh at the likes of Ramos and Varane ahead of him in the Guardian 100. They've been a clownshow all season.

He's the best the PL has seen in years.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chalky Boots

• Believer
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #4062 on: December 22, 2018, 07:09:34 PM »
I didnít realise Van Dijk was that quick. There was talk before the game that Traoreís pace would be a challenge. Itís like Virgil always has that extra gear he needs when facing an opponent with a certain skill.

People just assumed, especially after Sane burned him when he was completely unfit and in 1st gear in pre-season that he wasn't that quick but I'm pretty sure if he wanted to he could outsprint or match the the likes of Aubameyang over 100m. The thing is, and unlike so many in recent years (even Varane) he chooses to position himself well rather than continually pit himself in footraces.

Offline pathetic

• Believer
« Reply #4063 on: December 22, 2018, 07:32:33 PM »
Our most important player for me. I love him and I was never really a fan of defenders. Our favourite players were always midfielders and strikers. He's immense though. Wouldn't change him for anyone.
My Betfair referral code: Y6R6JF3PG

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4064 on: December 22, 2018, 07:43:25 PM »
People just assumed, especially after Sane burned him when he was completely unfit and in 1st gear in pre-season that he wasn't that quick but I'm pretty sure if he wanted to he could outsprint or match the the likes of Aubameyang over 100m. The thing is, and unlike so many in recent years (even Varane) he chooses to position himself well rather than continually pit himself in footraces.

Pace defending. It doesn't really count though, does it?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4065 on: December 22, 2018, 07:46:14 PM »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • The first five yards........
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Believer
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!
Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool
« Reply #4067 on: December 22, 2018, 08:36:28 PM »
I bet he smells lovely.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4068 on: December 22, 2018, 11:53:34 PM »

I think the likes of Sane and Auba might beat him over 100m but it would be close. Combine this with his outstanding positioning and often it is a no contest except with the absolute best at running the ball, which are the likes of Sane, Sterling etc.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4069 on: December 22, 2018, 11:57:48 PM »
You know what I mean.

Those lads who tweet him saying ĎMy captainí.

Heís obviously a respected figure in the squad. Thatís brilliant. Heís a leader without a bit of fabric on his arm.

Iím more on about the people who have a continued need to pick on things. To have an agenda against certain players. We havenít had it so good for years. Literally no LFC fan should be complaining about anything at the moment. Whoís captain, what Lovren said, Nabil Fekir etc...

I don't get this at all. No one should be inspired by a player this good that they think he should be captain even if there is already a very good captain in the side?

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Bakez0151

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4070 on: December 23, 2018, 01:01:02 AM »
I don't get this at all. No one should be inspired by a player this good that they think he should be captain even if there is already a very good captain in the side?

What's not to get

He's saying he has a problem with people saying 'my captain' to have a dig at Henderson being captain

Offline the_red_pill

• Believer
« Reply #4071 on: December 23, 2018, 01:33:19 AM »
;D

On a serious note Iím happy to admit I have the manager absolute pelters for going into last season without signing a centre half. Absolutely delighted to be proven wrong. What a fucking player. It tells you how good he is when a centre half is getting similar adulation to our best ever forward players, Fowler, Torres, Suarez, and thatís with Salah in the same team as him.

Honestly Iím gobsmacked. I, like most people knew we were signing a good player when the news broke a year ago, but Jesus Christ.
I can only try and compare him. He is just on another level to anything I've seen sofar. No weaknesses!
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Chalky Boots

• Believer
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #4072 on: December 23, 2018, 01:33:47 AM »
Pace defending. It doesn't really count though, does it?

nope. I mean players who are like that end up fucked later on in their career when their legs can't get them about anymore (Richards) so whats the point in crutching on it if you want a 15 year career at the top .

Offline the_red_pill

• Believer
« Reply #4073 on: December 23, 2018, 01:34:28 AM »

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Believer
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4074 on: December 23, 2018, 01:45:53 AM »
He's actually as good as what Ramos imagines himself to be.

He's so much better than any CB in the world its almost a joke.

He's better than a prime Rio Ferdinand. Easily.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Believer
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4075 on: December 23, 2018, 01:48:33 AM »
Our most important player for me. I love him and I was never really a fan of defenders. Our favourite players were always midfielders and strikers. He's immense though. Wouldn't change him for anyone.

Agreed. Salah may get the plaudits (and he's a magnificent bastard don't get me wrong), but this fella is fucking aces.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Believer
« Reply #4076 on: December 23, 2018, 02:23:37 AM »

I would have made him captain at the start of this season. With hindsight, it is probably better that Henderson keeps it for this season. I would be very surprised if he isn't captain at the start of next season. I am not a c*** I am just giving you my opinion. I may well be wrong, but that doesn't make me a c*** either.

If you only want to hear people or respect people that have the same views as you, perhaps staying at home and shouting at the mirror might be for you.
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4077 on: December 23, 2018, 02:36:16 AM »
What's not to get

He's saying he has a problem with people saying 'my captain' to have a dig at Henderson being captain
Maybe it's a dig or maybe it's someone's opinion that Van Dijk should be the captain. I don't even think we should change captains but the hair trigger sensitivity of some actually makes me want to see it happen for a laugh.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #4078 on: December 23, 2018, 02:40:10 AM »
I would like to see Virgil made captain and Trent or Gomez vice,not arsed though,especially when we're winning.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Believer
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #4079 on: December 23, 2018, 02:57:05 AM »
It's fine to prefer Van Dijk as a captain, but for the people to keep on banging on it after Klopp deliberately revealed he and Gini have been voted in as the 3rd and 4th choice captains, that we have now four acknowledged genuine leaders, is to not listen to the gaffer at all. That the measure of captaincy isn't tied to one individual.