Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754477 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3360 on: November 7, 2019, 04:02:42 pm »
He wasn’t was he?  He was in the one before that but not the last one...

Ah yeah. That's the one, got my wires crossed there

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3361 on: November 7, 2019, 04:34:05 pm »
guess he may get in the first game with Hendo suspended and sit the second out. that would be perfect for us really

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #3362 on: November 7, 2019, 06:31:38 pm »
He is on a goal-scoring streak, so I hope he plays significant minutes against City. He loves to score against them.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3363 on: November 7, 2019, 08:20:40 pm »
Klopp really handles player rehabilitation after injury so well. Keeps them out of the firing line and eases them in only when he is 100% certain they are ready. Same with new signings. Our rivals whine about us not having too many injuries but there's a reason for it. We just dont risk players like most teams. All that said *touch wood* *no jinx*.

Its the same with new signing. We show patience in getting players ready and they almost always reap rewards because when they finally do start regularly they can perform at close to their best levels and not invite unwarranted pressure. I am sure Naby is still in his pre-season phase to getting back and is maybe only a step or 2 behind Ox, but he is slowly getting there if he can stay fit and improve his match sharpness.

And again, its not like we dont get injuries. We've had Ox out for a whole season, we had Alisson miss the first 3 months of the season to injury but we handle it with calmness now. Take the injured players out of the conversation and media attention and focus on who's available. It all sounds too simplistic but there are very few managers who can do that and our fans buy into the same. A few extra games missed has allowed our players much better longevity than the rest of the league and that's a big compliment to our medics too.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3364 on: November 8, 2019, 12:55:31 am »
Ox is getting there. I’d like to see him start on the weekend. I think he’s the next level this team takes - another attacking threat. This team’s already bursting with them - the FBs are legit attackers now, so that’s 5 players with the front 3. But if Ox is good enough defensively to be one of the 8s, we’ve also got another attacking threat, from a different area of the pitch. His ball carrying skills and long range shooting ability are key here. It’s another dimension to the attack, and actually makes up the last bit of what we miss of Coutinho; the threat he gave with his long range shots. He’s not supposed to score them all - he’s just supposed to get accurate shots off from deep areas. That threat is tactical; if it’s there, then a CB / deep midfielder *has* to cover him. That makes space for the front 3 and 2 attacking fullbacks. The bonus is, he’s got a world class shot from range. I loved how he buried three from outside the box in the last couple of weeks. So the threat’s more credible - those CBs and CMs will have to cover his forays towards the box. He’s scored enough of them now where it’s dangerous not to. It’s the kind of level we can’t really reach with our current 8s. Gini, Milner and Henderson are proven world class footballers and are still operating at the very highest level. But there’s that attacking threat that isn’t there on the level Ox brings. The best thing about it is he might not even need to be as good as those defensively. Because he’s so dangerous in the attack he’ll pin back the opposition. Something this team is doing very aggressively already these. It’s awesome to watch the team constrict the opponent into their own defensive third when they’re at full tilt. Ox in the middle of that adds a bigger attacking threat, and that should lead to more goals. I would love to see him start on Sunday - he’s scored some massive goals against them already. Would be fitting for that run to continue.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3365 on: November 8, 2019, 08:38:26 am »
He was played as a winger at Arsenal and kept away from the goal. In hindsight, that seems madness. Klopp and his staff didn't have the hindsight we have now, they just figured it out and changed his position to suit his skill-set.

I remember him having a spectacular game at centre-mid for Arsenal against Bayern I think (before either of those hosings they got) and always assumed he would end up there, but it didn't go that way. I suppose Arsenal were in a bit of a state. I don't think he's a particularly good winger, but his lack of goals before joining was certainly a concern. Great to see him scoring more regularly. The Genk one was a striker's goal which I hadn't seen from him before.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3366 on: November 14, 2019, 08:17:55 pm »
Another thunderbastard for England.
At this point he isn't knocking on the first-team door, he's almost destroying it with Thor's hammer.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3367 on: November 14, 2019, 08:27:03 pm »
At this point he isn't knocking on the first-team door, he's almost destroying it with Thor's hammer.

A genuine goalscorer from midfield is one of the only things we are missing. He will get plenty of minutes over the busy period I am sure.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: November 14, 2019, 08:37:29 pm »

He's in great form goal wise, but his performance and his pressing needs to be up to the standard in our midfield. This is what he's admitted himself and so has Klopp. He'll get his chance, people forget what kind of injury he's had, and that he can't play 3 matches in a week's time.

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: November 14, 2019, 09:19:49 pm »
He's in great form goal wise, but his performance and his pressing needs to be up to the standard in our midfield. This is what he's admitted himself and so has Klopp. He'll get his chance, people forget what kind of injury he's had, and that he can't play 3 matches in a week's time.

I agree with that. Not expecting to see him play every game but I do think he should start coming into the midfield rotation now like he did in his first season. Still needs to improve on the defensive side and bring stamina up to scratch to last the full 90, but he needs more game time to do some of that.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3370 on: November 14, 2019, 09:27:11 pm »
I agree with that. Not expecting to see him play every game but I do think he should start coming into the midfield rotation now like he did in his first season. Still needs to improve on the defensive side and bring stamina up to scratch to last the full 90, but he needs more game time to do some of that.

Luckily for him, we have loads of games coming  :D

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3371 on: November 15, 2019, 10:05:45 am »
I remember him having a spectacular game at centre-mid for Arsenal against Bayern I think (before either of those hosings they got)

I saw him play in one of the subsequent hosings and he really stood out to me. He and Sanchez were the only players whose heads didn't drop. He ran himself into the ground and looked dangerous on the ball.

I was at Wembley last night and he was really good. Brave and tricky on the ball, clever movement, very industrious and took his goal really well. He is some player this lad and there is still so much more to come too.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3373 on: November 17, 2019, 06:31:31 pm »
Off safe and sound

60 mins & 73 mins

Week off now. Could work well for us

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3374 on: November 17, 2019, 06:31:46 pm »
Agreed.  He needed the game time.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3375 on: November 28, 2019, 10:53:13 am »
Anyone got a gif of him doing "4-2-3-1" with his fingers?

A mate of mine whatsapped and said, "Is Dusty Bin coming on?".
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3376 on: November 28, 2019, 11:50:06 am »
Anyone got a gif of him doing "4-2-3-1" with his fingers?

A mate of mine whatsapped and said, "Is Dusty Bin coming on?".

ha ha

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3377 on: November 30, 2019, 05:08:33 pm »
He showed today again why he's our by far the best option for the most advanced AM position against the dross.

I thought he was fantastic, was a huge goal threat (as anyone should be in that role for us), created a couple of good chances and most importantly we looked like we had 4 attacking players on the pitch which is what we need to beat bottom 14 teams much easier than what we did this season.

Really hope Klopp keeps using him there , it would make our life so much easier against the dross - fair enough if he doesn't trust him there yet against the big boys.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3378 on: November 30, 2019, 05:19:10 pm »
Thought he did some good defensive work and battled well in midfield - good to see again his mobility is not greatly reduced from his injuries, but he was pretty anonymous from an attacking perspective. As were all of our forward players - we were flat going forwards throughout the game.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3379 on: November 30, 2019, 05:20:20 pm »
Did Serbian and nornandbred watch the same game?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3380 on: November 30, 2019, 05:23:22 pm »
He can do better. He gave the ball away at times in needless situations, but I like his drive from midfield and maybe on another day he'd have a goal or two.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3381 on: November 30, 2019, 05:26:26 pm »
Did Serbian and nornandbred watch the same game?

I’ve a feeling SerbianScouser was watching the incredible Chelsea playing, just for their wet dream midfield. Maybe mistook Ox for someone else? Wouldn’t be the first time.

Played alright today, no more. The nice thing is he’s always a threat and you feel like he could get you something even when he’s not playing great.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3382 on: November 30, 2019, 05:27:38 pm »
I’ve a feeling SerbianScouser was watching the incredible Chelsea playing, just for their wet dream midfield. Maybe mistook Ox for someone else? Wouldn’t be the first time.

Played alright today, no more. The nice thing is he’s always a threat and you feel like he could get you something even when he’s not playing great.

I agree. He needed to get on the ball more in the first half, the half seemed to pass him by for most of it. But he needs the minutes and there's a chance he plays in midweek.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3383 on: November 30, 2019, 05:31:24 pm »
I agree. He needed to get on the ball more in the first half, the half seemed to pass him by for most of it. But he needs the minutes and there's a chance he plays in midweek.
He provides most of the initiative in midfield in a way Bobby does further upfront (not the same but still). But I agree that he lost too many balls unnecessarily. That along is not unlike Bobby, but lost balls in midfield can hurt the team more that those lost upfront. Ox does need the minutes and he'll get them. It's been a slow progress in his game, but I'm happy that there is no regress. 
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3384 on: November 30, 2019, 05:36:36 pm »
He can do better. He gave the ball away at times in needless situations, but I like his drive from midfield and maybe on another day he'd have a goal or two.
Agree. Needlessly too casual at times. Those two chances were big misses
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #3385 on: November 30, 2019, 05:41:27 pm »
I’ve a feeling SerbianScouser was watching the incredible Chelsea playing

Not great losing at home to West Ham, but at least they started a midfield three that made sense on paper, most important thing.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3386 on: November 30, 2019, 06:30:11 pm »
Not great losing at home to West Ham, but at least they started a midfield three that made sense on paper, most important thing.

While the team with midfield that doesn't make sense on paper has 40 points in 14 games.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3387 on: November 30, 2019, 06:34:24 pm »
My MOTM behind Virgil today, never stopped pressing.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3388 on: November 30, 2019, 06:40:26 pm »
Thought he was excellent

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3389 on: November 30, 2019, 07:56:05 pm »
I think he will have a big part to play against Everton. He seems a big game player , he's got skills and a fantastic appreciation of the game.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3390 on: November 30, 2019, 08:17:25 pm »
Sometime I curse the loss of Fabinho and Allison, and then I remind myself that everything’s okay as this guy is starting to step up to the plate.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3391 on: November 30, 2019, 08:40:31 pm »

Think he is a bit too keen to impress at times but he offers such a different threat.

Two big chances today.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3392 on: November 30, 2019, 09:03:59 pm »

Positive players who look to make things happen are always going to give the ball away though. It is all about risk versus reward. We play in a way which means we look to make the most of transitions and exploit the opposition being momentarily out of shape. It looks bad when it doesn't work but it is the way Klopp wants us to play.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3393 on: November 30, 2019, 09:13:27 pm »
Sometime I curse the loss of Fabinho and Allison, and then I remind myself that everything’s okay as this guy is starting to step up to the plate.

He's a big lad, and a cracking footballer. But I'm not sure he can play in nets and central mid at the same time?!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3394 on: November 30, 2019, 09:15:37 pm »
I don’t know if he’s back to his best, but he’s certainly back to a good standard.

Just incredible, his injury was so serious that he’s lucky to not be waking with a limp let alone playing professional football at the highest level.

It cannnot be understated what an achievement it is, his injury was so much more serious than just an acl
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3395 on: November 30, 2019, 10:48:31 pm »
I don’t know if he’s back to his best, but he’s certainly back to a good standard.

Just incredible, his injury was so serious that he’s lucky to not be waking with a limp let alone playing professional football at the highest level.

It cannnot be understated what an achievement it is, his injury was so much more serious than just an acl

I am pretty sure you can get some little blue pills for that.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: November 30, 2019, 10:51:13 pm »
It cannnot be understated what an achievement it is

OVERSTATED
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: November 30, 2019, 11:12:23 pm »
Nah.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: November 30, 2019, 11:15:43 pm »
OVERSTATED
Oh fuck.... you’re right... ;D

I’m really really tired to be fair... ;D
W

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3399 on: November 30, 2019, 11:41:29 pm »
OVERSTATED

I reckon I could understate it.

Oxlade Chamberlain's injury, or rather 'injury', was a trivial little thing. A wee knock on the knee. He made a right meal of it. Any other player would have been back for the Final in Kiev.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.