Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 2499274 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Believer
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O12e from Molde!" Mighty Conquerors of Rochdale!
« Reply #36720 on: October 18, 2019, 12:52:53 PM »
BBC doing the traditional Combined XI article before the big game... Except this year it's 2019 Liverpool vs. 2013 Man Utd. I guess they can't bear to have their precious darlings humiliated by a contemporary poll.

Offline Sharado

• SAVAGE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36721 on: October 18, 2019, 12:55:37 PM »
Martial has only just returned to training this week after being out for 2 months. Would be crazy to play him so soon.

Some talk that De Gea and even Pogba could feature too. Pogba starting would be absolutely terrible. For them.
No heavy-metal football. Uninspiring team selections. Playing like a team closer to relegation worries

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #36722 on: October 18, 2019, 12:58:01 PM »
That is criminal by United's owners.
No it`s not, it`s fucking brilliant

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36723 on: October 18, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »
Ole presser is hilarious. Journos finally calling him out on his bullshit.

He was comparing Utd's injuries to when Klopp came in and how he had a lot of injuries too, but now he doesn't. What?
He looked absolutely shook and floundering like a drowning puppy.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 01:07:56 PM by kennedy81 »

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #36724 on: October 18, 2019, 01:09:28 PM »
Ole presser is hilarious. Journos finally calling him out on his bullshit.

He was comparing Utd's injuries to when Klopp came in and how he had a lot of injuries too, but now he doesn't. What?
He looked absolutely shook and floundering like a drowning puppy.

Yeah, because our injured players coming back is the reason why we are where we are...

Offline Andy @ Allerton

• Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • “That is not dead which can eternal lie..."
« Reply #36725 on: October 18, 2019, 01:18:32 PM »
I can see Ole throwing De Gea and Martial into the game and both having to leave early due to injury/lack of match fitness
1st Law : A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2nd Law : A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3rd Law : A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the other 2 laws

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36726 on: October 18, 2019, 01:23:38 PM »
Jürgen Klopp: "They (Manchester United) said that we are the perfect opponent. I don't think there are a lot of teams who would love to play us at the moment, it looks like Man United are the only team who does. We have to make sure that is a misunderstanding!"
bollocks

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Tories.
« Reply #36727 on: October 18, 2019, 01:24:52 PM »
Jürgen Klopp: "They (Manchester United) said that we are the perfect opponent. I don't think there are a lot of teams who would love to play us at the moment, it looks like Man United are the only team who does. We have to make sure that is a misunderstanding!"
I love that man.
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Phil M

• RAWK’s most prolific poster. (NB. Hit 50k posts and someone at the top didn't like it!) Currently the subject of a Rawk mod conspiracy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • “Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #36728 on: October 18, 2019, 01:27:50 PM »

Haha brilliant retort that.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Tories.
« Reply #36729 on: October 18, 2019, 01:35:30 PM »
Haha brilliant retort that.

It is.  :D

Although I can see United's point. If they lose, everyone will say it was expected, so they move on. If they fluke a win, they are ''back'' and so is the ''swaggah''. It kick-starts their season and gives them all a lift, something to crow about and boosts their confidence. They'd even continue to follow in Everton footsteps by declaring a draw as some sort of moral victory.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Believer
« Reply #36730 on: October 18, 2019, 01:59:50 PM »
It's hilarious, my Man Utd supporting friend is adamant that their current position is entirely down to not spending enough even though over the past 5 years they have the 3rd highest gross spend and 2nd highest net spend in the PL.

Apparently we've been lucky with signings, no acceptance or acknowledgement that it's down to proper scouting. 
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36731 on: October 18, 2019, 02:14:28 PM »
It is.  :D

Although I can see United's point. If they lose, everyone will say it was expected, so they move on. If they fluke a win, they are ''back'' and so is the ''swaggah''. It kick-starts their season and gives them all a lift, something to crow about and boosts their confidence. They'd even continue to follow in Everton footsteps by declaring a draw as some sort of moral victory.
Yeah, they'd celebrate a draw like they won the league.

Offline Andy @ Allerton

• Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • “That is not dead which can eternal lie..."
« Reply #36732 on: October 18, 2019, 02:38:00 PM »
It's hilarious, my Man Utd supporting friend is adamant that their current position is entirely down to not spending enough even though over the past 5 years they have the 3rd highest gross spend and 2nd highest net spend in the PL.

Apparently we've been lucky with signings, no acceptance or acknowledgement that it's down to proper scouting. 

They have the highest wage bill in the league too
1st Law : A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2nd Law : A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3rd Law : A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the other 2 laws

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36733 on: October 18, 2019, 03:33:57 PM »
They have been in Pur slow mode for the best part of seven years now. Long live Ed.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #36734 on: October 18, 2019, 04:08:37 PM »

Hilarious. You can look at almost all of our purchases the past three years or so and think "this makes absolute sense."
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #36736 on: October 18, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »
Some talk that De Gea and even Pogba could feature too. Pogba starting would be absolutely terrible. For them.

It’s the type of game he would turn up for though thanks to his kings size ego. It’s against the lower teams he can’t be arsed for. I still expect them to have the likes of Pogba and De Gea back risking Marsial would be mad, but they probably have little choice.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Raid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36737 on: October 18, 2019, 05:24:34 PM »
It’s the type of game he would turn up for though thanks to his kings size ego. It’s against the lower teams he can’t be arsed for. I still expect them to have the likes of Pogba and De Gea back risking Marsial would be mad, but they probably have little choice.

Not sure. Utter headless chicken in a 1-1 there a couple of years ago. Don’t remember much of note from him against us since

Offline jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Believer
« Reply #36738 on: October 18, 2019, 05:49:09 PM »
Not sure. Utter headless chicken in a 1-1 there a couple of years ago. Don’t remember much of note from him against us since

I'm not saying he was brilliant, but he will be demanding the ball a bit more hopefully we will run over the top of him though.  ;D

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Believer
« Reply #36739 on: October 18, 2019, 06:11:06 PM »

Need that on a t-shirt. Brilliant.

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #36740 on: October 18, 2019, 07:08:49 PM »
Been sent this.Think it's from From WhoScored's match preview

"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

• Kopite
« Reply #36741 on: October 18, 2019, 07:13:39 PM »
Bit cocky from Klopp here. But if you play trash like these it must feel so optimistic around the place. Bet Jurgens army is buzzin. Everybody wants to play unlike De Gea who rather made himself injured.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Believer
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #36742 on: October 18, 2019, 07:21:47 PM »
Bit cocky from Klopp here. But if you play trash like these it must feel so optimistic around the place. Bet Jurgens army is buzzin. Everybody wants to play unlike De Gea who rather made himself injured.

It wasn't cocky at all. Watch the conference and listen to the question he was asked and how he replied. The opposite of cocky.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Tories.
« Reply #36743 on: October 18, 2019, 07:25:56 PM »

They've certainly spent, but spent badly.

I read something this morning that said since Ferguson left they've spent £800m to get into the mess they are currently in. Also, if it was only about spending money, Everton wouldn't be in the relegation zone. They have the highest spend in Europe for any side that hasn't won a trophy in years. Spending is only half the battle. Spending well is the key.

Offline jillc

• Believer
« Reply #36744 on: October 18, 2019, 07:28:25 PM »

Nothing cocky about it, a good answer to a leading question.

• Kopite
« Reply #36745 on: October 18, 2019, 08:42:36 PM »
It wasn't cocky at all. Watch the conference and listen to the question he was asked and how he replied. The opposite of cocky.
So now I need to watch the whole conference to find out what Jurgen really meant? In between the lines? That line I quoted strikes me as cockines. We have a poor record at Old Trafford as you know. I definitely would not boast before the match over there, despite the fact we are amazing and them utter shite.

Online afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #36746 on: October 18, 2019, 08:47:59 PM »
So now I need to watch the whole conference to find out what Jurgen really meant? In between the lines?

No, you should ignore the context and interpret it in line with your own preconceptions...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jillc

• Believer
« Reply #36747 on: October 18, 2019, 08:48:37 PM »
So now I need to watch the whole conference to find out what Jurgen really meant? In between the lines? That line I quoted strikes me as cockines. We have a poor record at Old Trafford as you know. I definitely would not boast before the match over there, despite the fact we are amazing and them utter shite.

Lighten up, it was a stupid question and there was nothing wrong with what he said. As you would have been aware had you actually listened to him answering it.

• Kopite
« Reply #36748 on: October 18, 2019, 09:04:37 PM »
Lighten up, it was a stupid question and there was nothing wrong with what he said. As you would have been aware had you actually listened to him answering it.
Thank you Jill :) Stupid question, sorry for stupid answer from me. Have a great weekend, cant wait for Sunday. Sunday morning is going to be tough for most of us I reckon :)

Offline jillc

• Believer
« Reply #36749 on: October 18, 2019, 09:07:19 PM »
Thank you Jill :) Stupid question, sorry for stupid answer from me. Have a great weekend, cant wait for Sunday. Sunday morning is going to be tough for most of us I reckon :)

Enjoy the build up and don't stress about it. We will find a way to win this.  ;D

• Kopite
« Reply #36750 on: October 18, 2019, 09:46:34 PM »
find a way  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki7EoH31UkM
(no idea how to embeed but great track. cheers for inspiration Jill)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Believer
« Reply #36751 on: October 18, 2019, 09:57:06 PM »
Cocky for stating the facts? They're fucking shite, and are in zero position to be bigging themselves up as to be one of the "big boys" anymore.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Believer
« Reply #36752 on: October 18, 2019, 10:01:09 PM »
Thing is, they bent over for City last season and took a fisting. We owe the shit c*nts for that.

Online Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36753 on: October 18, 2019, 10:04:33 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ki7EoH31UkM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ki7EoH31UkM</a>
(no idea how to embeed but great track. cheers for inspiration Jill)
There you go mate.
[flash=500,300]https://www.youtube.com/v/Ki7EoH31UkM[/flash   ]
Here's how I've altered things to embed the video; just take out the spaces after the last 'flash'  :thumbup

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 10:07:17 PM by Tesco tearaway »
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #36754 on: October 19, 2019, 07:27:05 AM »
Whisky nose accused of taking bribes and match fixing.

Mr. Ferguson accused of "fixing game with agent who gave him £30,000 gold Rolex"

An ongoing trial is investigating football agent Giuseppe Pagliara, who is accused of paying and facilitating a bribe.

A football agent accused of corruption bragged about giving then Manchester United manager Mr. Ferguson a £30,000 Rolex in exchange for fixing a Champions League match, a court heard.

Giuseppe Pagliara, 64, also told an undercover reporter posing as a businesswoman that Sir Alex worked with agents to make money from transfer deals, a jury was told.

The claims were heard during the opening of the bribery trial of Pagliara, fellow agent Dax Price, 48, and Scot Tommy Wright, 53, the former assistant head coach of Barnsley.
Describing one meeting in Manchester in June 2016, prosecutor Brian O’Neill QC told Southwark Crown Court yesterday: “Pagliara launched into what could only be described as a diatribe of Mr. Ferguson… He claimed that he had paid Ferguson before.”

The trial also heard claims about other football figures, including former England manager Steve McLaren, ex-Portsmouth and Spurs boss Harry Redknapp and Cardiff manager Colin Wanker.

Prosecutor Brian O'Neill QC said: "Towards the end of the meeting Pagliara launched into what could only be described as a diatribe of Mr. Ferguson, accusing him of having conspired with Pagliara to fix the result of a football match between Juventus , a club which Pagliara was associated with, and Manchester United in the Champions League for which Pagliara had thanked him with a gold 30 grand Rolex watch.

"Pagliara went on to accuse Mr. Ferguson of having taken money as part of transfer deals. He claimed that he had paid Ferguson before."

Mr O’Neill said that the prosecution did not seek to “malign” other individuals who were not on trial.

Ferguson is widely regarded as one of the best football managers of all time, and has won more trophies than any other manager in the history of football.

During his 26 years at United he won 38 trophies, including 13 Premier League titles, two Champions Leagues and five FA Cups.
Wright, of Barnsley, denies two counts of accepting a bribe.

Pagliara, of Bury, Greater Manchester, and Price, 48, of Sittingbourne, Kent, deny two counts of paying and facilitating a bribe.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sir-alex-ferguson-accused-fixing-20643613

Offline lobsterboy

• Believer
« Reply #36755 on: October 19, 2019, 08:17:26 AM »
Whisky nose accused of taking bribes and match fixing.

Mr. Ferguson accused of "fixing game with agent who gave him £30,000 gold Rolex"

An ongoing trial is investigating football agent Giuseppe Pagliara, who is accused of paying and facilitating a bribe.

A football agent accused of corruption bragged about giving then Manchester United manager Mr. Ferguson a £30,000 Rolex in exchange for fixing a Champions League match, a court heard.

Giuseppe Pagliara, 64, also told an undercover reporter posing as a businesswoman that Sir Alex worked with agents to make money from transfer deals, a jury was told.

The claims were heard during the opening of the bribery trial of Pagliara, fellow agent Dax Price, 48, and Scot Tommy Wright, 53, the former assistant head coach of Barnsley.
Describing one meeting in Manchester in June 2016, prosecutor Brian O’Neill QC told Southwark Crown Court yesterday: “Pagliara launched into what could only be described as a diatribe of Mr. Ferguson… He claimed that he had paid Ferguson before.”

The trial also heard claims about other football figures, including former England manager Steve McLaren, ex-Portsmouth and Spurs boss Harry Redknapp and Cardiff manager Colin Wanker.

Prosecutor Brian O'Neill QC said: "Towards the end of the meeting Pagliara launched into what could only be described as a diatribe of Mr. Ferguson, accusing him of having conspired with Pagliara to fix the result of a football match between Juventus , a club which Pagliara was associated with, and Manchester United in the Champions League for which Pagliara had thanked him with a gold 30 grand Rolex watch.

"Pagliara went on to accuse Mr. Ferguson of having taken money as part of transfer deals. He claimed that he had paid Ferguson before."

Mr O’Neill said that the prosecution did not seek to “malign” other individuals who were not on trial.

Ferguson is widely regarded as one of the best football managers of all time, and has won more trophies than any other manager in the history of football.

During his 26 years at United he won 38 trophies, including 13 Premier League titles, two Champions Leagues and five FA Cups.
Wright, of Barnsley, denies two counts of accepting a bribe.

Pagliara, of Bury, Greater Manchester, and Price, 48, of Sittingbourne, Kent, deny two counts of paying and facilitating a bribe.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sir-alex-ferguson-accused-fixing-20643613

I almost fell of my chair with surprise.
Fergie bent? 
Who would have thought it!

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #36756 on: October 19, 2019, 09:13:40 AM »
This one time at band camp.

But do they got cheese??

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36757 on: October 19, 2019, 09:48:35 AM »
To be fair that guy sounds like a bit of a blagger

Offline PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #36758 on: October 19, 2019, 10:06:24 AM »
That's nearly as daft as saying grobelaar was involved in fixing that 3-3 with united.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this is golden...
« Reply #36759 on: October 19, 2019, 10:22:24 AM »
Strikes me as flinging dung.

But is it a sign of how far the armour has slipped that not only is this being raised in court but it is being reported in the mainstream media even though the prosecution 'did not seek to “malign” other individuals who were not on trial'?
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gérard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jürgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007