Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O12e from Molde!" Mighty Conquerors of Rochdale!  (Read 2175152 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O12e from Molde!" Mighty Conquerors of Rochdale!
« Reply #36320 on: October 10, 2019, 06:59:11 AM »
ďWe have to win trophies, we have to play attacking, dynamic football with X factor players, and we have to give youth a chance"

By god, why haven't anyone thought of that before? It's genius!
"JŁrgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #36321 on: October 10, 2019, 07:06:55 AM »
The United PR machine has been in full force since the last game. Canít go on any sports related site without some positive fluff piece.

Also, didnít realise super £350k a week Rashford had only scored 1 in his last 9. It doesnít surprise me, just didnít realise.

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36322 on: October 10, 2019, 07:18:07 AM »
Itís good to know that their extensive recruitment team did a deep dive to come up with exactly the same players that youíd buy if your only interaction with football was watching MOTD and Soccer Saturday.
If you canít understand it without an explanation, you canít understand it with an explanation.

Offline fredfrop

• IWOOT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • After Truth comes Justice
« Reply #36323 on: October 10, 2019, 08:00:24 AM »
Itís good to know that their extensive recruitment team did a deep dive to come up with exactly the same players that youíd buy if your only interaction with football was watching MOTD and Soccer Saturday.
and reading the tabloids sports pages.

Offline PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #36324 on: October 10, 2019, 08:12:20 AM »
I'm a wee bit concerned about that piece in the times. It looks like the dreaded vote of confidence.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupť Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #36325 on: October 10, 2019, 08:57:30 AM »

It's like scouring the Internet for a girlfriend, rejecting all the Ukrainian and Thai beauties and settling for the plain girl next door.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36326 on: October 10, 2019, 09:23:18 AM »

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #36327 on: October 10, 2019, 09:25:38 AM »
United have been overhauling their recruitment department and process, trying to play catch-up with more sophisticated operations at Liverpool and Manchester City. The recruitment of Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace for £50 million was an extensive process, with United looking at hundreds of right backs around the world, taking input from their 32 scouts in more than 30 countries, with data on each player being analysed by 15 people.

Sounds like they discovered Moyes' iPad room!

The England Under-21 international was particularly liked from the start by Solskjaer because of his ďrecoveryĒ strengths, getting back into position when the opposition turned the ball over, guarding against counterattacks.

The hell? The most important thing in Ole's mind is what happens when they lose the ball? Such a winning mentality.
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland for Liverpool Football Club Worrying times.

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #36328 on: October 10, 2019, 09:28:19 AM »
So they exstensivly scouted hundreds players, and finally settled on spending wayyyy over the odds on a non-attacking (given they want an attacking playing side) fullback from a PL club.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #36329 on: October 10, 2019, 09:55:18 AM »
Lol that Times article talking about their Scouts watching 100's of right backs and deciding on Wan Bissaka, someone so awful on the ball who's also utter shite in the attacking phase, all that extensive scouting and they bought a fullback with traits that look way out if place in modern day football with attacking fullbacks.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Believer
  • Yeah right..
« Reply #36330 on: October 10, 2019, 10:11:49 AM »
..deserves a place in both threads.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Believer
  • Meh sd
« Reply #36331 on: October 10, 2019, 10:14:13 AM »
Comedy stuff that the best they could find was the most obvious choice. Could be laziness, but I think not. I think it's nostalgia, which after all is the principle behind all changes since Mou left.

Wan-Bissaka could make a good CB I think, but he's never gonna be a top RB. Reminds me of Joe Gomez, although Gomez is better.

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupť Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #36332 on: October 10, 2019, 10:17:51 AM »
..deserves a place in both threads.

The only thing missing is the fantasy undersea stadium.

Offline Sharado

• SAVAGE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36333 on: October 10, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »

Fucking great that. Looks like they'll keep him even if we twat them. Just want him in the job till we've played them twice.
No heavy-metal football. Uninspiring team selections. Playing like a team closer to relegation worries

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36334 on: October 10, 2019, 11:05:21 AM »
The hell? The most important thing in Ole's mind is what happens when they lose the ball? Such a winning mentality.

So they exstensivly scouted hundreds players, and finally settled on spending wayyyy over the odds on a non-attacking (given they want an attacking playing side) fullback from a PL club.

Lol that Times article talking about their Scouts watching 100's of right backs and deciding on Wan Bissaka, someone so awful on the ball who's also utter shite in the attacking phase, all that extensive scouting and they bought a fullback with traits that look way out if place in modern day football with attacking fullbacks.

Leave Aaron alone will yers, yer gang of insensitive c*nts ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/s0OiDkxj4KI?start=0&amp;end=14" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/s0OiDkxj4KI?start=0&amp;end=14</a>

Offline tuaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36335 on: October 10, 2019, 11:55:21 AM »
"... we have to play attacking, dynamic football with X factor players"

Bizarre.  If that is your goal, why appoint Ole?

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O10e from Molde!" Mighty Conquerors of Rochdale!
« Reply #36336 on: October 10, 2019, 12:18:55 PM »
They did. But when were they getting 100 and 98 points a season?

Didn't say they were? I clearly said they werent as dominant. That doesn't change the fact that they won 2 league titles, and finished 2nd a couple of times in the period prior to Guardiola. So clearly they won't drop off the face of the earth with Guardiola leaving.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36337 on: October 10, 2019, 12:20:42 PM »

:lmao

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Believer
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #36338 on: October 10, 2019, 12:23:26 PM »
nice to see the PR machine (aka that Times article) going full steam ahead ;D ;D ;D

#SaveOle #OleIn #FiveMoreYears #OlesAtTheWheel

Online JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Believer
« Reply #36339 on: October 10, 2019, 12:48:32 PM »

This is a scouting team that also pulled off the Fred transfer for 50m.

Iím not sure what the key attributes were that made Fred stand out from the hundreds of players the famed scouting team looked at but that is a story I would also like to hear.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault!
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #36340 on: October 10, 2019, 01:06:56 PM »
This is a scouting team that also pulled off the Fred transfer for 50m.

Iím not sure what the key attributes were that made Fred stand out from the hundreds of players the famed scouting team looked at but that is a story I would also like to hear.

In the 90's United were famous for tapping up youth players by putting their dad's on the payroll as scouts. I wonder if they are starting to reap the benefits of that particular Fergie masterstroke? 

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36341 on: October 10, 2019, 01:13:19 PM »
United have been overhauling their recruitment department and process, trying to play catch-up with more sophisticated operations at Liverpool and Manchester City. The recruitment of Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace for £50 million was an extensive process, with United looking at hundreds of right backs around the world, taking input from their 32 scouts in more than 30 countries, with data on each player being analysed by 15 people

lol what bollox.

If that's true and the best they could do is AWB for £50m, they truly are fucked.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #36342 on: October 10, 2019, 01:15:02 PM »
Neither should be managing the club. Ljinders is a good coach but he failed miserably in Holland as a manager. Whoever replaces Klopp needs to be proven at a higher level than either of those two, we can't afford to have another period of poor managerial choices and going in cycles of mistake after mistake.

Not really the thread for it, but a totally different situation. From all accounts the difficulties he had over there were because he was trying to get Dutch second division players playing high intensity football they were not capable of. Not an issue here.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA
www.twitter.com/AndrewNessy

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #36343 on: October 10, 2019, 01:17:24 PM »

I find it particularly funny that they specifically targeted Wan Bissaka for his recovery pace, but still spent a wodge on Harry Maguire, who has none.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA
www.twitter.com/AndrewNessy

Offline PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #36344 on: October 10, 2019, 01:23:08 PM »
I find it particularly funny that they specifically targeted Wan Bissaka for his recovery pace, but still spent a wodge on Harry Maguire, who has none.
Maybe they were planning for WB to compensate for HM?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dazzer23

• Main Stander
« Reply #36345 on: October 10, 2019, 01:43:06 PM »
"Humble and arrogant"  ???

That is an absolute beaut. I'm no English language Professor but isn't that a complete contradiction in terms?

A bit like 'Seth Rogan comedy'

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #36346 on: October 10, 2019, 01:51:33 PM »
World wide scouting network of 32 scouts over 30 countries which looks at hundreds of players per position and they sign...

Wan-Bissaka from Palace.
Maguire from Leicester.
James from Swansea.

I mean Iím not saying that story is complete and utter bullshit from the United PR machine, but...

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36347 on: October 10, 2019, 01:58:24 PM »
World wide scouting network of 32 scouts over 30 countries which looks at hundreds of players per position and they sign...

Wan-Bissaka from Palace.
Maguire from Leicester.
James from Swansea.

I mean Iím not saying that story is complete and utter bullshit from the United PR machine, but...
And James was a tip from Giggseh. So basically two PL players that anyone on the Caf might have suggested.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
« Reply #36348 on: October 10, 2019, 02:05:51 PM »
L'equipe saying Pogba could be out for 4 weeks.

Offline Romford_Red

• Believer
« Reply #36349 on: October 10, 2019, 02:06:48 PM »
"Humble and arrogant"  ???

That is an absolute beaut. I'm no English language Professor but isn't that a complete contradiction in terms?

A bit like 'Seth Rogan comedy'

The only example I can think where humble and arrogant fit together, are those people who 'never read books' and state that like it's a badge of honour and something to be proud of.

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • Nullius in verba, omnia probate, sapere aude
« Reply #36350 on: October 10, 2019, 02:26:00 PM »
Seems like the players and manager have taken a 'deep dive' approach as well...
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • Nullius in verba, omnia probate, sapere aude
« Reply #36351 on: October 10, 2019, 02:26:51 PM »

"... we have to play attacking, dynamic football with X factor players"
Finally their poor start makes sense. The new series of X Factor hasn't started yet. Once it's finished in a few months, they'll have found the new stars they need and we'll all be singing a different tune :(

Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne will see them right
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36352 on: October 10, 2019, 02:54:25 PM »
Finally their poor start makes sense. The new series of X Factor hasn't started yet. Once it's finished in a few months, they'll have found the new stars they need and we'll all be singing a different tune :(

They should sign Chico. He looked like Luis Garcia.

Offline Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #36353 on: October 10, 2019, 02:56:55 PM »
They should sign Chico.

He used to play for them didnít he?

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #36354 on: October 10, 2019, 02:58:52 PM »
They should sign Chico. He looked like Luis Garcia.

I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and thatís being very conservative. So thatís £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head thatís £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Believer
« Reply #36355 on: October 10, 2019, 03:12:24 PM »

Iím starting to wonder if his ankle injury is similar to Coutinhoís back injury.

Online Kekuleyule y'all!

• Believer
« Reply #36356 on: October 10, 2019, 03:35:02 PM »

A chronic bout of canít-be-arseditis.  Apparently heís been suffering from it for a couple of years now, but itís really taken hold since the summer. 

In these severe cases the patient generally needs to move to a warmer climate and/or get given £150,000 a week extra in order to make a return to health.  A full recovery is rarely achieved, though they might have short term improvements for a month in the summer every two years,  but long term the prognosis is usually fairly bleak.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:39:01 PM by Kekuleyule y'all! »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #36357 on: October 10, 2019, 03:44:51 PM »

See, they can't even get that right. Its been binned this year, instead its a celebrity wanna be famous no marks version, so they'll end up with worse than what they have ;D

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #36358 on: October 10, 2019, 03:47:31 PM »
See, they can't even get that right. Its been binned this year, instead its a celebrity wanna be famous no marks version, so they'll end up with worse than what they have ;D

Pogba metaphor...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline johnny74

• Believer
« Reply #36359 on: October 10, 2019, 04:02:03 PM »
I didn't follow anything about them this week, any chance they are sacking Ole or they give him time until summer?

Well since they have us coming up they will need the new manager bounce.