Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" Man City Supporters Club (HQ: Torquay)  (Read 1941892 times)

Offline Stevie93

• Believer
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32520 on: August 13, 2019, 09:59:08 AM »
It makes me laugh how good our defensive work and record was last season, i suppose that was despite trent being in the side for most of the season as opposed to him contributing massively. I love how underrated the lad is defensively, some of the positioning and challenges i've seen from him are top class, but so many talk about Trent as if he's an average defender which he's far from

There seems to be some strange idea among some football fans who seem to think if you're a great attacking fullback (or at least better offensively than defensively), they you just can't defend. I remember this critique being levelled at Dani Alves in his Barca days, he was an incredible defender then.

Offline DelTrotter

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32521 on: August 13, 2019, 10:01:33 AM »
Bissaka's clanger where Chelsea hit the woodwork the second time was worse than anything I've seen Trent do defensively but he's in that stage where anything bad is glossed over totally and his appalling use of the ball totally ignored, led by the Manc cheerleaders Neville, Tyler and Carragher.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32522 on: August 13, 2019, 10:01:54 AM »
Appearances can be deceiving, pre-PSV injury Shaw was absolutely rapid.  Even now, don’t recall Shaw getting beaten for pace often.
This isn’t about appearances.

Lukkaku shared a photo of sprint speeds at Manchester United .... Shaw was bottom.

He was slower than Matic.

He’s fat, he’s unfit and he’s not very good.  Manchester United player of the year.  :lmao
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #32523 on: August 13, 2019, 10:31:19 AM »
I’ve now spoke to 3 United fans since Sunday

They all believe they are ‘Back’ and all believe a title challenge is incoming. Top 4 is a given

How you can watch that Sunday and take all that from it is mystifying. It was a 4-0 that was the furthest thing from a 4-0 I’ve ever seen.

Equally if they lose or draw to Wolves you’ll have other United fans who are drenched in negativity now saying ‘top 10’

This isn’t confined to United. It’s a good 50% of football fans who literally live by singular goals and results. It’s pretty weird way to go on
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall

Mitch Hedberg

Offline Suedehead

• Main Stander
  • Respectful MUFC fan // Long-time lurker
« Reply #32524 on: August 13, 2019, 11:34:54 AM »
If we'd beaten Chelsea 4-0 at home, then I think Klopp would have had a big grin as well.

As poor as Chelsea were and as fortunate as Manchester United were - 4-0 against someone expected to be easily among the top four is an excellent result.

Manchester United have an opportunity to learn lessons, use the result in their favour and press on. The worst thing they can do is think they have cracked it and they are the best team in the league. That might kick them up the arse sooner rather than later..

Christ. That's the most rational post I've ever seen from you.  :o :D
"Why do you come here? And why do you hang around?"

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BKJj6oRguqU/maxresdefault.jpg

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Believer
« Reply #32525 on: August 13, 2019, 11:37:19 AM »

They all believe they are ‘Back’ and all believe a title challenge is incoming. Top 4 is a given

How you can watch that Sunday and take all that from it is mystifying. It was a 4-0 that was the furthest thing from a 4-0 I’ve ever seen.

My Man Utd supporting mate was almost the opposite in his opinion about Sundays game. He wasn't impressed with hi steam overall, reckons the defence has improved massively, the midfield is lightweight and needs improving and they were fortunate that Chelsea were disorganized and gave them too much space. 
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32526 on: August 13, 2019, 11:39:16 AM »
Trent is a generational talent who will win the Balon d'or someday.
WB is a solid defender who offers little or nothing going forward.
Shaw was blowing chunks after 20 mins yesterday.

Any questions?

All fair. In fact, their signing of AWB is very similar to our signing of Clyne (albeit a lot more expensive).

We were desperate for a fullback who was athletic, good at defending, and functional with the ball. Back then our front three meant that was all we needed (but that developed..). I'm not sure their attack is good enough to get by this way, but we'll see. To be clear, Clyne was better on the ball than AWB is currently though.

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #32527 on: August 13, 2019, 11:43:47 AM »
There seems to be some strange idea among some football fans who seem to think if you're a great attacking fullback (or at least better offensively than defensively), they you just can't defend. I remember this critique being levelled at Dani Alves in his Barca days, he was an incredible defender then.

Definitely the case in England - would also throw in that English football fans have always been quite dubious and suspicious of extremely talented players who aren't square pegs in a square hole.

eg Barnes, Fowler, McManaman, Scholes, Gerrard

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Believer
« Reply #32528 on: August 13, 2019, 11:44:59 AM »

Equally if they lose or draw to Wolves you’ll have other United fans who are drenched in negativity now saying ‘top 10’

This isn’t confined to United. It’s a good 50% of football fans who literally live by singular goals and results. It’s pretty weird way to go on

I even heard someone say last night "you had Busby's babes, Fergie Fledglines and now Solsjkaer's schoolkids" - seriously. I didn't know whether to throw up or piss myself laughing.
It's mental really, and you can think its the younger generation or whatever but it isn't really. My brother in law is 50, he's a massive knob....sorry Chelsea fan, and he literally changes his opinion on the team, players and management after or during every single game. Before the start of the season, he didnt care if Chelsea get relegated as long as Lampard go time, after the game he thinks they should bring Ancelotti back

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #32529 on: August 13, 2019, 02:04:17 PM »

Ahh, thats maybe overhyping the lad.

no its not. I made that call more than a year ago.  You didnt notice that Prem record for assists at age 20? or the trajectory hes on?  The skys the limit on this lad imo. He's the Moores law of defenders his ability doubles every 18 months.
Damn that Mane's good!

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
« Reply #32530 on: August 13, 2019, 02:47:50 PM »

It's the way of the world for many a modern football fan these days. It's the same on here too. We win a game by a few goals and we are going to win the league. We draw against someone and our chances are wrote off. For some, seeing the bigger picture seems impossible.

I never watch United, so have no idea if they were flattered by the scoreline the other day, but this kind of hype and hysteria around anything and everything they do is nothing new. It was an endless stream of hilarity for us all back in the 70s and 80s when United were always 'back' and always just about to sweep everyone aside. There is no club or fanbase with a bigger ego and no club in the world with a bigger fawning, bullshitting media machine attached to them.
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32531 on: August 13, 2019, 03:31:46 PM »
It's the way of the world for many a modern football fan these days. It's the same on here too. We win a game by a few goals and we are going to win the league. We draw against someone and our chances are wrote off. For some, seeing the bigger picture seems impossible.

I never watch United, so have no idea if they were flattered by the scoreline the other day, but this kind of hype and hysteria around anything and everything they do is nothing new. It was an endless stream of hilarity for us all back in the 70s and 80s when United were always 'back' and always just about to sweep everyone aside. There is no club or fanbase with a bigger ego and no club in the world with a bigger fawning, bullshitting media machine attached to them.

My favourite was the 43 year old fella on here the other day crying because mancs he knew would be taking the piss out of him

for being above us

after one game

on gd

when there shouldn't even be a league table ;D

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Go CryptoWise
« Reply #32532 on: August 13, 2019, 03:44:54 PM »
I love the fact not a single person was reeling off these lines just a few months ago. No calls for Wan Bissaka to step into the national side for the side nations league as first choice RB, no criticism of Trents defensive capabilities in comparison, one £50 million move and all of a sudden, best RB in the league

The best thing about Parkers comments are he goes on to make some feeble attempt at brushing off Wan Bissakas shit attacking play by simply saying, it can be coached... funny that he isn't insistent that Trents already great defensive ability will also improve with coaching, or is defending something you just have or dont from the start :lmao

It makes me laugh how good our defensive work and record was last season, i suppose that was despite trent being in the side for most of the season as opposed to him contributing massively. I love how underrated the lad is defensively, some of the positioning and challenges i've seen from him are top class, but so many talk about Trent as if he's an average defender which he's far from

Can't agree more. It's pitiful actually.

If we'd have one of our former players doing something in media giving those praises and turning a blind eye to what is obvious, TAA is already very good at defending and will get even better, plus a much superior attacking fullback I'd be embarrassed reading that.

Just because you are biased doesn't mean you have to be an idiot. And just because you are a fan of the club doesn't mean you can't cringe when reading comments like that. Fucking grow up.
Trustworthy and relevant crypto and blockchain content - https://gocryptowise.com/

Offline xbugawugax

• Believer
« Reply #32533 on: August 13, 2019, 04:23:45 PM »

they are back just like when ole had a good run when he took over. Celebrating a draw with us like it was a victory.

they are back just like when they beat psg.

and now they are back after smashing Chelsea by 4.

Lets see how they deal with wolves who actually didn't look too good vs a decent side led by brendan. but surely more organized than a work in progress chelsea side with a transfer ban.

Think TAA doesn't get much praise defense wise due to him being exposed a bit more compared to Robbo with the help of Mane.  Salah of course does his share of defensive work but is more entrusted to being the main goal scoring threat naturally will be a bit more lapse in his defensive duties in covering for TAA.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #32534 on: August 13, 2019, 04:24:20 PM »
Hopefully the end result of this AWB v TAA debate is Trent getting to sit out a lot of pointless internationals.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #32535 on: August 13, 2019, 04:36:58 PM »
Did everyone except our fans miss TAA's pass to Origi on Friday?

This narrative is just hilarious to me. Basically every highly rated fullback over the past 5-10 years has been elite on the ball.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Funk is the problem. And the solution.
« Reply #32536 on: August 13, 2019, 05:10:54 PM »

This narrative is just hilarious to me. Basically every highly rated fullback over the past 5-10 years has been elite on the ball.

“You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #32537 on: August 13, 2019, 07:13:05 PM »

To be fair, from the broadcast angle it looks nothing special (except accurate).
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland for Liverpool Football Club Worrying times.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
« Reply #32538 on: August 13, 2019, 07:37:57 PM »
Just see Gary Neville interviewing his brother, Scholes and Butt there at the Salford game. Nauseating "class of 92" love in.

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #32539 on: August 13, 2019, 07:39:15 PM »
Hopefully the end result of this AWB v TAA debate is Trent getting to sit out a lot of pointless internationals.

De....bate?
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #32540 on: August 13, 2019, 08:07:39 PM »
De....bate?

Which three-letter acronym trips off the tongue better.
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland for Liverpool Football Club Worrying times.

Offline Bread

• Kopite
« Reply #32541 on: August 13, 2019, 09:06:15 PM »
Which three-letter acronym trips off the tongue better.

Come on, there's a three syllable letter in there, it's actually easier to say "Wan-Bissaka".

TAA takes it, easy.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #32542 on: August 13, 2019, 11:32:45 PM »
TAA has had an assist in our last 5 Premier League fixtures in a row.

One more in the match v Soton and he'll tie the record of 6 in 6 for the Premier League. Of course those who hold the record are all attackers. He's the only defender in the group.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Something Worse

• Believer
« Reply #32543 on: August 14, 2019, 06:29:12 AM »
I don't really know enough about the Salford Guardian/BBC comments you guys make, but this match report is fucking wild.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/13/salford-city-leeds-united-carabao-cup-match-report

It's like Chelsea's twitter account.

Online JC the Messiah

• Kopite
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #32544 on: August 14, 2019, 07:07:17 AM »
I don't really know enough about the Salford Guardian/BBC comments you guys make, but this match report is fucking wild.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/13/salford-city-leeds-united-carabao-cup-match-report

It's like Chelsea's twitter account.

That is a very strangely written match report. Was it written by Giggseh?
"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005         

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Online Something Worse

• Believer
« Reply #32545 on: August 14, 2019, 07:14:58 AM »

I'm glad I'm not just imagining it

Online fredfrop

• IWOOT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • After Truth comes Justice
I'm glad I'm not just imagining it
That truly looks like a match report from a Salford Manchester City fan site.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32547 on: August 14, 2019, 10:07:31 AM »
Rumour is that Pogba is off to Juve as Fernandes is guaranteed to them in January by his agent...

All seems very disorganised if true
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
« Reply #32548 on: August 14, 2019, 10:15:33 AM »

Salford got a lot of corners didn't they?  Plucky minnows against the might of footballing giants Leeds.
He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Believer
« Reply #32549 on: August 14, 2019, 10:19:34 AM »
Rumour is that Pogba is off to Juve as Fernandes is guaranteed to them in January by his agent...

All seems very disorganised if true

Wouldn't expect any less.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #32550 on: August 14, 2019, 10:19:55 AM »
De....bate?

It still counts as a debate even if it's a bunch of morons doing the debating right?

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer