Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 2617415 times)

Online S

• pineless
  • Believer
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O14e from Molde!" - Thursday Wankers
« Reply #37640 on: November 14, 2019, 01:45:00 PM »
I read the politics thread on there occasionally as they have some really good posters tbf if you steer clear of the footy discussions. From what I can remember he is an enthusiastic brexiteer and police officer in real life (when not venting angrily about Liverpool obviously).
Is this Redcafe we're talking about? I never used to visit opposing forums, but I have a look every so often now.

On the whole I like the level of discussion and general tone of posts on Redcafe. There are obviously a few outlying morons, as there always will be on such a massive site. In general everything seems well reasoned and good natured though. They have a thread called something like "Strange feelings of football" which is hilarious.

The reason I mention this is because there's another rival club forum - which I won't even namecheck - that's vile. The sort of terms thrown about are the kind you usually see on the worst parts of Twitter. No rational discussion, no civility, just endless pages of poisonous name calling.

Online jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #37641 on: November 14, 2019, 01:46:40 PM »
My kingdom for a few midfielders who aren't Fred or Pereira. Sky are tipping us for top 4 now because we beat Norwich and Brighton. feels like I'm in a time loop

Never mind Tony, the rumours are you are going to buy Zaha for 70m. That you should make everything better.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline tonysleft

• Believer
  • A manc
« Reply #37642 on: November 14, 2019, 01:48:39 PM »
Never mind Tony, the rumours are you are going to buy Zaha for 70m. That you should make everything better.  ;D
actually kinda wanted him in the summer, if we could as I guessed get him for 60-70m as we had the sell on clause. been a fan for years. Splurging 70m on him would mean sancho has said no thanks and is going to Madrid or Liverpool. Zaha is very good but has had his best days as a striker now and he wouldn't be any better than Dan James. Needless signing now to be honest. think mandzukic is the same - used to be very good, Ole probably fancies him as a Sheringham type signing, to me he's completely spent though.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Online S

• pineless
  • Believer
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #37643 on: November 14, 2019, 01:50:17 PM »
Sky are tipping us for top 4 now because we beat Norwich and Brighton. feels like I'm in a time loop
I usually never write United off. Yes, even post-Ferguson.

I just can't see them getting in the top four though. Chelsea have a very un-Chelsea togetherness that I think will see them through. While Leicester having no European distractions is huge.

The most realistic chance of a CL spot is a run to the EL final.

Online jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #37644 on: November 14, 2019, 01:55:19 PM »
actually kinda wanted him in the summer, if we could as I guessed get him for 60-70m as we had the sell on clause. been a fan for years. Splurging 70m on him would mean sancho has said no thanks and is going to Madrid or Liverpool. Zaha is very good but has had his best days as a striker now and he wouldn't be any better than Dan James. Needless signing now to be honest. think mandzukic is the same - used to be very good, Ole probably fancies him as a Sheringham type signing, to me he's completely spent though.

I have to admit to being not that impressed with Zaha, way to inconsistent for a player of his ability. One of those who only seems able to turn it on, on a good day.

His motivation seems suspects as well, not sure he is the answer for any top six side.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Believer
  • Do you want to build a snowman?
« Reply #37645 on: November 14, 2019, 03:22:23 PM »
The reason I mention this is because there's another rival club forum - which I won't even namecheck - that's vile. The sort of terms thrown about are the kind you usually see on the worst parts of Twitter. No rational discussion, no civility, just endless pages of poisonous name calling.

I've narrowed it down to two...

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "  Isaac Asimov

Offline rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37646 on: November 14, 2019, 03:24:24 PM »
The Liverpool Corner
39 mins ·
Klopp's wife prevented Klopp taking the Man Utd job 👀

Thompson: “I interviewed Klopp for Sky, & I asked if he & Liverpool were created for each other. He looked at me & asked why. Then Klopp told me he could have taken over Manchester United, but his wife said it wasn’t right.”

Buy her a watch Jurgen

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37647 on: November 14, 2019, 03:27:10 PM »
Nabbed from the comments

He can always go into acting

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #37648 on: November 14, 2019, 03:34:33 PM »
Nabbed from the comments

Not to piss on the good mood in here, but why if they're in league 1 in 2037 are they playing us to secure promotion back to the championship?  :o
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • Believer
« Reply #37649 on: November 14, 2019, 03:51:49 PM »
Not to piss on the good mood in here, but why if they're in league 1 in 2037 are they playing us to secure promotion back to the championship?  :o

EFL Trophy I'd imagine.  They'll be coming up against, and getting pasted by, our U21s.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37650 on: November 14, 2019, 04:08:00 PM »
He can always go into acting

“Aye up Van Persie lad”

Offline Something Worse

• Believer
« Reply #37651 on: November 14, 2019, 04:11:32 PM »
EFL Trophy I'd imagine.  They'll be coming up against, and getting pasted by, our U21s.

I assumed the meme was made before our game a few weeks back
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #37652 on: November 14, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »

They have drawn us in the FA Cup.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37653 on: November 14, 2019, 08:55:42 PM »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37654 on: November 14, 2019, 09:19:48 PM »
EFL Trophy I'd imagine.  They'll be coming up against, and getting pasted by, our U12s.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Believer
  • CHANT , CHANT . Just fucking CHANT. Om ♡
« Reply #37655 on: November 15, 2019, 02:33:05 AM »
😁

If United is to even stand a chance at getting back where it should be (Especially if the club is to get new ownership that is willing to invest in the squad), raiding fellow PL sides (i.e. club's that are not Man City or Liverpool) like Leicester is pretty much the best way do it. After all one could argue that one of the reasons why both Tottenham have done well under Poch and Leicester have done well this season is mainly because both teams have obtained player after player that United should have obtained instead of either club.

Had the Glazers not let that happen, we could have had a team that consisted of this (and still could in the next few transfer windows):

De Gea/Schmeichel
AWB/R.Pereira - Alderweireld/D.Sanchez - Vertonghen/Maguire - Chilwell/Shaw
Erriksen/Tielemans - Ndombele/Ndidi - Pogba/Maddison
Moura/James - Kane/Martial - Son/Rashford

With the right manager, it would not be too hard to do well in both the PL & CL with such a side. Especially if Sancho was also added to such a team as well as the youth prospects we currently have.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

He who expects freedom of speech should allow others to speak .  Me - Now.

He who sees twats really is a twat themselves - Me - Now .

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer