Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 2469084 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Mr Negativity here, Iím worried about... Everything. In no danger of saying anything positive about anyone or anything any time soon.....
  • Believer
  • I live!
Re: SolSeks is STILL the manager of Manchester United!!
« Reply #25800 on: April 17, 2019, 03:16:34 AM »
About half a billion quid spent since Fergie left and they started the same defense that lost to Basel in 2011. That's absolutely shocking. They are an awfully run club.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25801 on: April 17, 2019, 03:24:19 AM »
About half a billion quid spent since Fergie left and they started the same defense that lost to Basel in 2011. That's absolutely shocking. They are an awfully run club.

4 of the back 5 were brought in by Ferguson. Maybe Ole is keeping them in honour of the gaffer.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Believer
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #25802 on: April 17, 2019, 03:27:20 AM »
2nd highest wage bill in Europe. Highest in England. 3rd most expensively assembled squad in Europe. 2nd highest in England. Not a single clue whatsoever. None.

:lmao :lmao

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice is coming for the 96 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Caligula?

• Mr Negativity here, Iím worried about... Everything. In no danger of saying anything positive about anyone or anything any time soon.....
  • Believer
  • I live!
« Reply #25803 on: April 17, 2019, 04:29:32 AM »
Glazer channeling his inner Gollum with that hair style

Online Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25804 on: April 17, 2019, 05:39:50 AM »
2nd highest wage bill in Europe. Highest in England. 3rd most expensively assembled squad in Europe. 2nd highest in England. Not a single clue whatsoever. None.

Christ, they look like they've been let out for the day. Like some kind of crappy Manc Morecombe and Wise tribute act. "Bring me Solskjaer..."
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #25805 on: April 17, 2019, 06:15:03 AM »
I missed the opener tonight, just by chance i was putting the game on just after it had gone in so missed the build up

How hilariously bad is Youngs play in this :lmao :lmao

https://twitter.com/UnitedRedscom/status/1118255501509320705

Awful. Entirely down to an inability to read the game and make decisions based on the level and direction of pressure.

And it's glorious for us to watch :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Ravishing Rick Rude

• Cut the music!
  • Believer
« Reply #25806 on: April 17, 2019, 06:26:51 AM »
I missed the opener tonight, just by chance i was putting the game on just after it had gone in so missed the build up

How hilariously bad is Youngs play in this :lmao :lmao

https://twitter.com/UnitedRedscom/status/1118255501509320705

That's Ole's tiki-taka for you.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks
I'm a knob

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #25807 on: April 17, 2019, 06:28:36 AM »

Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra started last night?! He really is pandering to the old guard isnít he?
Or he could read Babu's Twitter threads, which is where I get my opinions from

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25808 on: April 17, 2019, 06:38:29 AM »
It's only because PSG choked, plus a dodgy penalty, awarded via VAR they got this far. :no

No no no, there is no need for the :no  Without that famous win against all the odds, they might not have given him the job permanently and actually gone and got a manager who knows what he is doing

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #25809 on: April 17, 2019, 06:42:02 AM »
You mean Cantona?

;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Felch Aid

• Believer
« Reply #25810 on: April 17, 2019, 06:44:06 AM »
Very reminiscent of when Busby was in the stands and now Fergie is there watching the club regress.

Beautiful

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25811 on: April 17, 2019, 06:44:35 AM »
They should be, but who knows?

Lets face it, Abu Dhabi are a far superior collection of mercenaries team than Oleh's boys, but the Mancs will be smarting from their Barcelona humiliation and will need to raise their game in order to keep top four hopes alive. If they have any pride left whatsoever, they really have to bust a gut against the franchise.

Liverpool are vastly superior to Everton and the table currently boasts a 39 point gap between the clubs, which should be over 40 points by the end of the season. Despite the chasm in quality and class between us and our bitter neighbours, they did manage the moral victory of a 0-0 draw against us at their place. Derbies are weird games. Abu Dhabi should wipe the floor with their neighbours because they are far better than them, but weaker teams can sometimes get a result. The Mancs actually really need to turn up for this one. Their top four aspirations and any remaining self-respect they have depends on it.

Far too many writing them off. They had (unrealistic) dreams of winning the CL, now they really need to get their fingers out to get Europa never mind CL next season. Unless things go horribly wrong next season, Us, the other Mancs and Spurs will finish top 4, so that leaves Arsenal and Chelsea scrapping with them for the last spot. They at least need Europa as an alternative path to the 2021 CL. They cannot afford to fail to qualify for the CL.

Offline farawayred

• Believer
« Reply #25812 on: April 17, 2019, 06:46:17 AM »

Well then, you can do the math:
2 x 3 = ?

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Believer
« Reply #25813 on: April 17, 2019, 06:51:26 AM »
I'm starting to think Ole got the job on a technicaliteh.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #25814 on: April 17, 2019, 07:10:44 AM »
Quality trolling from the Guardian

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #25815 on: April 17, 2019, 07:18:40 AM »
So basically they've flushed a season or two down the toilet by appointing Ole.
What a weird club they are, feeding on fumes of Ferguson like junkies, stuck in a creative vacuum with suits making football decisions and everyone passing the responsibility around. It's great fun to watch, but I've stopped assuming they will find their way through money, They could remain lost in this forest of Messiah hunting for a good long while.

Offline farawayred

• Believer
« Reply #25816 on: April 17, 2019, 07:22:00 AM »
I think that Ole should be given 6 years to rebuild and bring them to the top just like Fergie was afforded. Ole needs time! And if it doesn't work, they can bring in Cantona on the same terms.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #25817 on: April 17, 2019, 07:26:24 AM »
Just throw another £200 million at the problem lads.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #25818 on: April 17, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »
Just throw another £200 million at the problem lads.

I was just having a peruse of the Caf's Utd threads, and the threads that have sprung up about spending are just too cute. To be fair there are some posters who recognise that some problems run really deep, but there's enough of them that just want to spaff (thanks Boris) hundreds of millions on new players.

One states something like "200m could fix us. It could get Salah, Van Dijk and Fabinho in. There, we're challenging for the title." To fans like that, the idea of coaching a team to excel organically is an alien concept. The 'Utd way' is now:

Spend tens of millions per player because they were good at another club, watch them play like strangers, blame manager, demand a new manager, get a new manager, start making a shopping list.
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #25819 on: April 17, 2019, 08:00:29 AM »

One states something like "200m could fix us. It could get Salah, Van Dijk and Fabinho in.
Apart from the inconvenient fact that Salah, Van Dijk and Fabinho won't want to go there to be coached by Ole. And the inconvenient fact we'd never sell to them. And the inconvenient fact that 200m wouldn't be enough even if you ignore one and two. It would have been like one of us proposing to buy Messi for 50m when Hodgson was manager.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25820 on: April 17, 2019, 08:07:36 AM »
Appointing the manager of a Norwegian league side to manage the richest club in the world.

Who knew that would fail?  Who could have predicted?

They will get absolutely slaughtered by city.  They are fucking terrible.  Canít attack, canít defend, canít control midfield apart from sideways passes....
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Believer
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #25821 on: April 17, 2019, 08:10:15 AM »
Apart from the inconvenient fact that Salah, Van Dijk and Fabinho won't want to go there to be coached by Ole. And the inconvenient fact we'd never sell to them. And the inconvenient fact that 200m wouldn't be enough even if you ignore one and two. It would have been like one of us proposing to buy Messi for 50m when Hodgson was manager.

I'm beginning to think that maybe Solskjaer wasn't the wisest appointment for Manchester United.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team.
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #25822 on: April 17, 2019, 08:11:45 AM »
His press conferences are like down a chalkboard.

Moyes and Van Gaal were funny, and it was satisfying seeing the toll the job took on Mourinho, but this guy is just incredibly annoying

Online The North Bank

• Believer
« Reply #25823 on: April 17, 2019, 08:16:45 AM »
No point keep changing managers, "this club" was built on getting behind the manager , "sir Alex" got backed in difficult times , "if you want to play for Man utd" you keep fighting till the end, "the United way" is how you bounce back from adversity.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #25824 on: April 17, 2019, 08:16:48 AM »
His press conferences are like down a chalkboard.

Moyes and Van Gaal were funny, and it was satisfying seeing the toll the job took on Mourinho, but this guy is just incredibly annoying

Itís like listening to a little boy who got the job.

Fresh out of his Man Utd pyjamas

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall

Mitch Hedberg

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25825 on: April 17, 2019, 08:41:02 AM »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline mkingdon

• Believer
« Reply #25826 on: April 17, 2019, 09:04:16 AM »
Very wise to appoint an unproven manager off the back of a new manager bounce following the departure of the most poisonous manager in football history. You could have put Luke Chadwick or any other random ex player in as temporary boss and got better performances and morale after Jose.

They get a flukey VAR assisted win against PSG and boom, he gets a contract.

The folly of that was exposed last night. The squad is awful and they need a proper proven coach (their Klopp) to sort it out over a good few years. Instead Ole and Phelan are brought in to do a Fergie tribute act and I can't wait to see which Galacticos they bring in this summer. I mean, which top level player wouldn't want to play in Azbekistan on a Thursday night under a manager they never heard of. Their wage bill may become even more comedic to attract any player of note.

I'm expecting a post peak Bale to arrive on a gajillion pounds a week but they'll still be picking Jones at CB.....remember when United were crowing when they "beat us" to his signing?

Good times.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25827 on: April 17, 2019, 09:05:06 AM »
Phil Jones is Championship level.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #25828 on: April 17, 2019, 09:06:43 AM »

I think their point was that £200m would have seen them sign for Utd instead of Liverpool at the time of their transfers. I refuse to believe any Utd supporter is thick enough to think they'll ever be raiding Liverpool for our best players (likewise us in for theirs. We're no Everton, who bully Barca these days).
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #25829 on: April 17, 2019, 09:09:16 AM »
I think their point was that £200m would have seen them sign for Utd instead of Liverpool at the time of their transfers. I refuse to believe any Utd supporter is thick enough to think they'll ever be raiding Liverpool for our best players (likewise us in for theirs. We're no Everton, who bully Barca these days).

The problem is that youíd also need good scouting and someone competent in charge of negotiating those deals - they have neither. Which is why they continue to waste hundreds of millions.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25830 on: April 17, 2019, 09:11:49 AM »

In their dreams they would have. The lure of Klopp was irresistable.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25831 on: April 17, 2019, 09:14:59 AM »
"We know there's work to be done," said Solskjaer.

"I've said all along this isn't going to change overnight and the next few years are going to be massive to get to the level of Barcelona.

What?? Ole says rebuild could take years? The inbreeds arenít going to be happy.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-united/story/3827766/manchester-united-rebuild-could-take-years-solskjaer

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25832 on: April 17, 2019, 09:21:01 AM »
4 of the back 5 were brought in by Ferguson. Maybe Ole is keeping them in honour of the gaffer.

I wouldn't even be surprised if he was playing them because they're players from Ferguson's tenure. He doesn't park in the manager's car park space because its still "Mr Ferguson's". What a snivelling little lickspittle.
ďWe aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.ď Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Believer
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #25833 on: April 17, 2019, 09:23:58 AM »
I wouldn't even be surprised if he was playing them because they're players from Ferguson's tenure. He doesn't park in the manager's car park space because its still "Mr Ferguson's". What a snivelling little lickspittle.

Is this actually true? 😳

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Believer
« Reply #25834 on: April 17, 2019, 09:28:26 AM »
I honestly can see him buy Kane for £250m or more this summer, he's a traditional 1990's type of striker Solskjaer understands. Ole is twenty years behind the times.

And you know what I could see Spurs agree to it.

Probably another £80m on Maguire as well, £60m to £75m on Declan Rice too.

A British backbone "who understand the Utd way" for around £400m.

Fucking joke of an appointment. ;D

And can you imagine the media fawning that would bring. There is already six stories a day about them on the BBC Salford website and they are shite.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #25835 on: April 17, 2019, 09:30:31 AM »
They've finally given him his own spot in the car park

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #25836 on: April 17, 2019, 09:31:14 AM »
The parking space thing is amazing if true. It surely isn't?

This guy turned nasty when managing Cardiff. His bullshit like 'United way' are a myth.

Would you trust this guy to spend £200 million? They genuinely need a whole new spine barring GK.

They have lost 5 from 7.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Mister men

• Believer
« Reply #25837 on: April 17, 2019, 09:32:09 AM »
Phil Jones is Championship level.

Norwegian championship?

Online Mister men

• Believer
« Reply #25838 on: April 17, 2019, 09:34:57 AM »
Like i said weeks ago they haven't a single player i'd have in our starting 11. De Gea and Martial as bench warmers that's it.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Believer
« Reply #25839 on: April 17, 2019, 09:37:55 AM »

He has fully lodged himself right up inside his arse. This picture is only from a few months ago. They even gave Palpatine his own training gear. OGS and AF at wheel...driving over a cliff. A joy to watch.

At least they won their cup final 0-0 against us. That's the main thing.