Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426164 times)

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Solskjaer is STILL the manager of Manchester United!!
« Reply #25480 on: April 15, 2019, 12:25:00 pm »
Solkjaer is small time by pandering to Fergie and constantly talking about the past, clinging to past glory. Focus on the now and the future Ole or otherwise, you have no future
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25481 on: April 15, 2019, 12:43:37 pm »
Utd need something positive from city and chelsea games. They can't put all their eggs in one basket and try and get something from stamford bridge.

Home advantage might just do it but the team look like mid table mediocrity and their defence is hopeless.

We beat utd to give Leeds the title many years ago so anything is possible.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25482 on: April 15, 2019, 12:55:41 pm »
Utd need something positive from city and chelsea games. They can't put all their eggs in one basket and try and get something from stamford bridge.

Home advantage might just do it but the team look like mid table mediocrity and their defence is hopeless.

We beat utd to give Leeds the title many years ago so anything is possible.

Both games are at home

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25483 on: April 15, 2019, 12:59:14 pm »
If they just surrender and miss out on CL, it can have much bigger consequences for them. Their best player wants to leave them because he wants to win trophies(or get paid Sanchez money). If they don't have CL, they will definitely risk losing De Gea and few others. They will also have harder time recruiting players too.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #25484 on: April 15, 2019, 01:00:30 pm »
Solkjaer is small time by pandering to Fergie and constantly talking about the past, clinging to past glory. Focus on the now and the future Ole or otherwise, you have no future

To be fair to him, his knowledge and experience comes from the Fergie era. And with Phelan on his side, I can see why he is clinging on to the past. He wants to recreate the same environment of invincibility in 2019/20 as 1999/00.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25485 on: April 15, 2019, 01:01:02 pm »
Fucking hell, Baldrickesque quote from Solskjaer!!!

“We have a decent plan. I hope it’s decent – it’s a plan anyway.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/apr/15/premier-league-talking-points-weekend-action
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25486 on: April 15, 2019, 01:07:44 pm »

Both games are at home

Forgot about the Everton game aswell.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25487 on: April 15, 2019, 01:09:32 pm »
 ;D He's a lunatic. He's 50% Hodgsonesque quotes and the other 50% is banging on about Ferguson and the "Manchester United way". I'll take a wild guess at his plan. Barely leave their own half and wait to concede, they may get forward enough after for Rashford to have a few aimless 40 yard punts.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #25488 on: April 15, 2019, 01:17:15 pm »
If they just surrender and miss out on CL, it can have much bigger consequences for them. Their best player wants to leave them because he wants to win trophies(or get paid Sanchez money). If they don't have CL, they will definitely risk losing De Gea and few others. They will also have harder time recruiting players too.

They may have a tough enough time recruiting even with CL. Sure, money will sway a lot of players, but given the choice, I doubt a lot of top players would choose to play for Solskajaer. He comes across as such a weak character devoid of personality.  Let alone the fact he has proven nothing as a coach yet. 

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25489 on: April 15, 2019, 01:26:37 pm »
They may have a tough enough time recruiting even with CL. Sure, money will sway a lot of players, but given the choice, I doubt a lot of top players would choose to play for Solskajaer. He comes across as such a weak character devoid of personality.  Let alone the fact he has proven nothing as a coach yet. 

Proven that he doesn't know where to park...

Unless it's the bus...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25490 on: April 15, 2019, 01:32:37 pm »
One of my two Man Utd supporting mates was also desperarte for us to beat Chelsea. He really doesn't want Man City to win the treble/quadruple. He also doesn't see a rivalry between Man Utd and Liverpool.

One of my best Manc mates, just texted me saying that they'll take Europa League just as long as we don't win the title.

But then one of the lads I play footie with, is a life long Manc as well and he wants us to beat City to the title.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25491 on: April 15, 2019, 01:38:34 pm »
They need CL footie rather than Thursday Europa. That hinges on transfers and any possibility of top 4.

Still in it and near Spurs.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #25492 on: April 15, 2019, 02:06:54 pm »
My Manc mate says they'd rather see us win the league than see City win the quadruple, as do most of their fans by now, apparently.

Problem is, they've gone shite right at the wrong moment. So even if they try and win this one now, I just can't see it happening.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25493 on: April 15, 2019, 03:02:40 pm »
Three of my best workmates support Everton, Arsenal and Yernited, naturally the Bitter Blue and Yinited supporters want Abu Dhabi PR to win out of spite, but the Arsenal fan wants us to win, simply because we're a proper club.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25494 on: April 15, 2019, 03:09:27 pm »
I expect this lot to bend over for City and say "How long and how deep sir?"

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25495 on: April 15, 2019, 03:59:26 pm »

Sounds like Ole and Fergus...

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25496 on: April 15, 2019, 04:33:26 pm »
He wants to recreate the same environment of invincibility in 2019/20 as 1999/00.
Which shall be his undoing ...
coitus will occur

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25497 on: April 15, 2019, 04:40:53 pm »
If we have to choose between CL or helping Utd win the league, I am certain what would be our priority. Not sure about Utd though ... the auld fans would go for CL but the more bitter youger set of fans would rather see their team slog in Europa as long Liverpool is denied the League

Small time fairweather fans ...
coitus will occur

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25498 on: April 15, 2019, 04:47:24 pm »
Not denying what you’re saying mate, but are there actually Yernited fans out there who would prefer a City title to them finishing top 4?

They are effectively wanting that to happen by hoping to lose to City, they are not in a strong enough position for top 4 if they keep dropping points.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #25499 on: April 15, 2019, 05:11:56 pm »
Yeah, I'd never give up on the prospect of CL qualification to stop anyone winning the league. There might be a silver lining in losing (i.e. it stops a rival winning the league) but I'd never want my team to lose. I can't bring myself to do it. I think truly, that's one of the biggest things that makes us different from a lot of fans.

And other fans are so weird. I was watching the Palace v City game yesterday and what I found so odd was that City was 2-0 up, coasting and all I could hear was them singing their rip off version of Allez, Allez and the Gerrard song. And yesterday during our game, all we sang about was ourselves, our team and our players. I dunno, I can't think of a time I've seen us or heard us be that obsessed with another team.

It is something that makes me immensely proud to be a Liverpool fan.

Agree with your sentiments primarily, although we do like a good rousing version of "Fuck off Chelsea FC" whenever we play them. At least we're singing about the team we're actually playing at the time though.
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25500 on: April 15, 2019, 05:27:06 pm »
They are effectively wanting that to happen by hoping to lose to City, they are not in a strong enough position for top 4 if they keep dropping points.

They probably NEED to win all their remaining games to get top 4. Because they have to play Chelsea, if Chelsea win all 4 remaining games, Utd cannot top them. Same if Arsenal can manage to win their remaining 6 games, they cannot top them.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #25501 on: April 15, 2019, 05:31:50 pm »
Fucking hell, Baldrickesque quote from Solskjaer!!!

“We have a decent plan. I hope it’s decent – it’s a plan anyway.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/apr/15/premier-league-talking-points-weekend-action
Who the fuck is Baldrick?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25502 on: April 15, 2019, 05:37:39 pm »
They probably NEED to win all their remaining games to get top 4. Because they have to play Chelsea, if Chelsea win all 4 remaining games, Utd cannot top them. Same if Arsenal can manage to win their remaining 6 games, they cannot top them.

If United don’t get anything from the City game then don’t think they have any option but to beat Chelsea or they’ll probably be out of the running for 4th. That’s far from a guarantee.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25503 on: April 15, 2019, 05:48:39 pm »
If United don’t get anything from the City game then don’t think they have any option but to beat Chelsea or they’ll probably be out of the running for 4th. That’s far from a guarantee.

Arsenals maximum is 81, Chelsea have a maximum of 78 pts and the Mancs is 79.All 3 of them have no choice but to look at winning every game.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #25504 on: April 15, 2019, 05:53:49 pm »
They won't have a say in who or where they want the league to go, simply put, they're shit and city will trounce them, not a problem. Our only 'hope' is Leicester or Spurs, which, says more abar man united than it does about controlling our own destiny.

They're shit, and they will stay shit for some time.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25505 on: April 15, 2019, 05:59:38 pm »
Thing is Solskjaer doesn't want to finish Top 4 as he feels those positions belong to Ferguson
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25506 on: April 15, 2019, 06:05:18 pm »
Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker has equalled David de Gea's single season Premier League clean sheet record of 18, and still has four games left in the season to top it.

The Brazilian goalkeeper equalled the record - also held by former Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart - after preventing Chelsea from scoring during Liverpool's 2-0 win over the Blues on Sunday at Anfield.

The clean sheet was not easy to come by though, with Alisson forced to save from close range a number of times as momentum switched after the home side had grabbed their second.

The record holder for the most clean sheets in a single Premier League season is Petr Cech's record of 24 in 38 games, while former Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has the second best record, with 20.

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/alisson-clean-sheets-de-gea-227767
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #25507 on: April 15, 2019, 06:13:37 pm »
Thing is Solskjaer doesn't want to finish Top 4 as he feels those positions belong to Ferguson

:lmao

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
« Reply #25508 on: April 15, 2019, 06:20:01 pm »
They won't have a say in who or where they want the league to go, simply put, they're shit and city will trounce them, not a problem. Our only 'hope' is Leicester or Spurs, which, says more abar man united than it does about controlling our own destiny.

Pretty much agree with this. I actually think that Burnley will give City a tougher game.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25509 on: April 15, 2019, 06:20:37 pm »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25510 on: April 15, 2019, 06:26:18 pm »

Someone's changed Ole's name to Baldrick...

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #25511 on: April 15, 2019, 06:33:34 pm »

Surely not ...
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #25512 on: April 15, 2019, 06:59:17 pm »
Agree with your sentiments primarily, although we do like a good rousing version of "Fuck off Chelsea FC" whenever we play them. At least we're singing about the team we're actually playing at the time though.

Half of that song is about us, to be fair.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25513 on: April 15, 2019, 07:06:42 pm »

I knew there was a reason there was that dildo at Old Trafford at the weekend.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25514 on: April 15, 2019, 07:08:39 pm »
I knew there was a reason there was that dildo at Old Trafford at the weekend.

He's their manager. Show some respect.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25515 on: April 15, 2019, 07:10:15 pm »
He's their manager. Show some respect.

:D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25516 on: April 15, 2019, 07:10:39 pm »

Even shit teams upset the odds at times.

I do think City will drop points and it will be Burnley, Spurs and Leicester who they do it against.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #25517 on: April 15, 2019, 07:15:24 pm »
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #25518 on: April 15, 2019, 07:26:11 pm »
Three of my best workmates support Everton, Arsenal and Yernited, naturally the Bitter Blue and Yinited supporters want Abu Dhabi PR to win out of spite, but the Arsenal fan wants us to win, simply because we're a proper club.
Yeah Arsenal supporters are proper. Most Arsenal supporters I know would want us to win the league- however they are mostly focussed on their own season.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25519 on: April 15, 2019, 08:41:36 pm »
Saw a post on the caf the other week asking what fans would want in the following scenario:
1. PL final positions: 1st Liverpool, 2nd City, 3rd Arsenal, 4th Man U, 5th Spuds, 6th Chelsea
2. Chelsea win the Europa
3. Liverpool are playing Spurs in the CL final - who do you want to win?

Quite funny.  ;D