Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1367005 times)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #2840 on: December 27, 2018, 05:18:58 pm »
Another assist yesterday, how many does he have now?

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2841 on: December 27, 2018, 05:51:57 pm »
Another assist yesterday, how many does he have now?

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2842 on: December 27, 2018, 05:58:36 pm »
He looks every bit a player who is going to win everything here at the club, intelligent as well as talented under Klopp and around these players and already with the experience he has, he’s going to have an incredible career, (touch wood).

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #2843 on: December 27, 2018, 06:07:45 pm »
Still looks about 13 to me but the lad is soo good at soo young. Staggering how far he could go if he kept that up.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2844 on: December 27, 2018, 06:11:30 pm »
Still looks about 13 to me but the lad is soo good at soo young. Staggering how far he could go if he kept that up.

He's doing really well. Must be all that abuse that some cleaver thinks improves him.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2845 on: December 27, 2018, 07:14:01 pm »
He was brilliant yesterday. His crossing was really on point.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2846 on: December 27, 2018, 09:45:19 pm »
He overpowered quite a few, I thought, but that was expected coming back from an injury. He's now fine-tuned for Arsenal. :)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2847 on: December 27, 2018, 10:30:28 pm »
I've defended him against criticism at times. Just turned 20 and part of one of the greatest defenses ever seen. What the fuck am I defending??

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #2848 on: December 27, 2018, 11:58:23 pm »
Can’t believe this has not been linked before.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-46685018

A true measure of this young man.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2849 on: December 28, 2018, 12:09:36 am »

He crosses far too much though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2850 on: December 28, 2018, 04:15:49 am »
haha he does have a baby face

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2851 on: December 28, 2018, 12:01:29 pm »
He crosses far too much though.
Considering how often he plays and how quickly he was straight back into the team. Maybe, they dont mind him crossing a lot.

It would be interesting to know just how many goals are scored not just directly from Robertson and Trent crosses. But when those crosses are half cleared and we score from keeping the pressure on.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2852 on: December 28, 2018, 12:03:31 pm »
What's the story of the picture with him with an Everton top and a blue wig on?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2853 on: December 28, 2018, 03:46:09 pm »
Ten Daleks Underarm-hold...

That’s his name.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2854 on: December 28, 2018, 08:17:45 pm »
Born in 1998. Christ I feel old

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2855 on: December 29, 2018, 08:15:45 pm »
Even Keown is putting him in centre mid now :D (for England)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2856 on: December 29, 2018, 08:17:48 pm »
Mentioned it in the post match thread but that calm piece of control in our box early in the second half when there were a lot of players in the box was just sublime

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2857 on: December 29, 2018, 09:23:19 pm »
Mentioned it in the post match thread but that calm piece of control in our box early in the second half when there were a lot of players in the box was just sublime
Shown his class on and off the pitch recently

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2858 on: December 30, 2018, 03:16:59 am »
There was people seriously questioning this lad just a few short weeks ago ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2859 on: December 30, 2018, 08:23:50 am »
Well done lad!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2860 on: December 30, 2018, 08:53:40 am »
There was people seriously questioning this lad just a few short weeks ago ;D

Who the fuck was questioning him?

The guy is magnificent.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2861 on: December 30, 2018, 08:58:03 am »
A real class act.
YNWA

Offline Dansphinx

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2862 on: December 30, 2018, 09:19:02 am »
Anyone see his interview with BT sports after the game? Showing maturity beyond his years

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2863 on: December 31, 2018, 12:31:37 pm »
He played a first time ball from the back to Firmino or Shaqiri that beat Arsenal’s press that was just amazing. What a player.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2864 on: January 2, 2019, 04:35:54 am »
Who the fuck was questioning him?

The guy is magnificent.

There was loads in here.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #2865 on: January 3, 2019, 10:08:19 pm »
The kid makes me nervous, looks like he doesn’t know what to do out there at times.

Can’t be easy playing next to Lovren but I commented the other week that he looks to be getting stronger defensively, looks like he’s getting weaker going by today. Got fleeced twice by Rashford last year but this was a worse overall performance than that in my eyes.

All the big teams target him and there is a reason, he is going to have to address that on the training track and improve. It definitely won’t stop after today.

Mental strength is the only thing missing and a few less diagonal Hollywood balls when a good option is on down the line.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2866 on: January 3, 2019, 10:09:21 pm »
He’s playing next to Lovren, what do you expect

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2867 on: January 3, 2019, 10:13:41 pm »
He’s playing next to Lovren, what do you expect

Lovren is a train wreck and every decent Liverpool supporters have known that for years, probably his worst performance for a year or so and I hope we make marginal improvements in the summer.

But in TAA’s case I hope he improves because normally attacking wise he is good. Many negatives in his performance tonight that were not Lovren related.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2868 on: January 3, 2019, 10:14:54 pm »
The kid makes me nervous, looks like he doesn’t know what to do out there at times.

Can’t be easy playing next to Lovren but I commented the other week that he looks to be getting stronger defensively, looks like he’s getting weaker going by today. Got fleeced twice by Rashford last year but this was a worse overall performance than that in my eyes.

All the big teams target him and there is a reason, he is going to have to address that on the training track and improve. It definitely won’t stop after today.

Mental strength is the only thing missing and a few less diagonal Hollywood balls when a good option is on down the line.

Eh? He essentially created that goal we scored. He had all the play down his side and did well. Its not Sane did much apart from the goal.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2869 on: January 3, 2019, 10:16:58 pm »

A few less Hollywood balls and we don't score tonight. Thought he showed balls of steel second half
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2870 on: January 3, 2019, 10:17:06 pm »
It was a 2 v 1 overload for Sane goal. You always prepare for it but it happens, and City are one of the best positional play sides with a excellent winger in Sane. He wasn't brilliant but he held his own, again. Can't fault him. The lad is still 20.

Wish he was whipping the balls in with 10 minutes to go, Robertson and Henderson's delivery was very poor.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2871 on: January 3, 2019, 10:17:09 pm »
Eh? He essentially created that goal we scored. He had all the play down his side and did well. Its not Sane did much apart from the goal.

I guess if you just concentrate on the highlights he was great, 2nd worse player on the pitch for me.

I’m not judging him on the second goal either, not his fault, had two men to cover.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2872 on: January 3, 2019, 10:18:24 pm »
What a player.

He's an absolute diamond, he's going to develop into a player of the highest quality.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2873 on: January 3, 2019, 10:19:10 pm »
He's brilliant. Bizarre some get on his case so badly but it always happens with the local lads.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2874 on: January 3, 2019, 10:23:22 pm »
Thought he was fantastic tonight - once his positioning improves and he learns how to take a throw-in he'll take some stopping

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2875 on: January 3, 2019, 10:23:35 pm »
I like him, there is massive scope for improvement and he will score free kicks, he will assist goals, he is also in my fantasy side but you cannot change the fact that his defending, mentality(needs to get that Jamie carragher bastard attitude about him) and if Liverpool played liverpool I could bet Jurgen would be trying to exploit the right.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2876 on: January 3, 2019, 10:25:23 pm »
Sane was killing him in the second half.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2877 on: January 3, 2019, 10:26:00 pm »
Had a shit game, very wasteful and got done by Sane many times. Brilliant cross for the goal though.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2878 on: January 3, 2019, 10:26:38 pm »
Part of one of the best defences in the world at 20 and people question him after a game in which we gave up few chances to probably the best attack in the world. Ours fans are mental.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2879 on: January 3, 2019, 10:26:43 pm »
I like him, there is massive scope for improvement and he will score free kicks, he will assist goals, he is also in my fantasy side but you cannot change the fact that his defending, mentality(needs to get that Jamie carragher bastard attitude about him) and if Liverpool played liverpool I could bet Jurgen would be trying to exploit the right.

There generally is when a player is a couple of months past his 20th birthday.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his attitude and he's a far better defender than you're giving him credit for.  And he'll get much, much better with a bit of patience - his manager will give him that because Klopp knows when he's got a special player on his hands and that's what Trent is.