Author Topic: Football Manager 2017  (Read 10505 times)

Offline Y2J

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Believer
  • Best in the world at what he does, Chris Jericho
Re: Football Manager 2017
« Reply #240 on: April 19, 2017, 04:27:52 AM »
First season with Wolves in the Championship, 35 games in the season, sitting first with 75 points, 5 points ahead of Newcastle and 8 points ahead of 3rd placed Leeds.

Board wanted a playoff place so I'd say we're on our way to exceed expectations (fingers crossed) but since I only signed one year contract, and the club's finances are in the gutter, I am not sure that I'd stay with them even if I get them promoted. A lot of the players's contracts end in the summer and the squad need a massive rebuilding job to survive the PL.

Gonna concentrate on the task at hand first, hope I would hit the 80 point mark before the International break.
Quote from: Chris Jericho
You people have been led to believe that mediocrity is excellence, nah Jericho is excellence.

Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2017, 04:04:37 PM »
With Liverpool, 4th season. Won the league every season so far but apart from a couple of Community Shields I've only won the FA Cup on top of it. Champions League is doing my head in though, every single year without fail I get one of Madrid or Barca in the group stages as well as probably the strongest third seed team. It's a fucking nightmare then seeing United swan through their groups playing the likes of Kiev, Anderlecht etc.

Just like real life I suppose but needed to vent!

Play a 4-3-3 and currently I play:

Donnarumma
Clyne  Tah  Sakho  Taylor
             Can
Henderson   Alli
Sane  Origi   Lemar

Bloody hard work though!
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline bailey90

• Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2017, 04:30:53 PM »
I'm playing with a mate at the minute using the January update.

In the first season and Tottenham, Utd and Chelsea (his team) seem to be winning every single game, I just cant keep up.

I'm about 7 points clear of 5th with 5 games left so I'm just looking to qualify for the CL, and then hopefully I'll be able to better strengthen in the Summer.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline BigAl24

• Believer
« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2017, 05:07:06 PM »
I'm playing with a mate at the minute using the January update.

In the first season and Tottenham, Utd and Chelsea (his team) seem to be winning every single game, I just cant keep up.

I'm about 7 points clear of 5th with 5 games left so I'm just looking to qualify for the CL, and then hopefully I'll be able to better strengthen in the Summer.

They all normally have a blip at some point mate so that's mental!

Think in my second season United had dropped 2 points from their first 14 games, somehow clung onto their coat tails and won the league. They had a dreadful last 10 games and finished 4th. Just. Keep dreaming!

Offline bailey90

• Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2017, 05:18:40 PM »
They all normally have a blip at some point mate so that's mental!

Think in my second season United had dropped 2 points from their first 14 games, somehow clung onto their coat tails and won the league. They had a dreadful last 10 games and finished 4th. Just. Keep dreaming!

Looking at this again, it looks like I've just drawn way too many games. I've got a good defence and actually a decent attack, just can't seem to score when it matters I guess.

Offline BigAl24

• Believer
« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »
Looking at this again, it looks like I've just drawn way too many games. I've got a good defence and actually a decent attack, just can't seem to score when it matters I guess.

Yeah a couple of those draws into wins mate and you're right in there. Looks like you could do with a few more goals though to take you to the next level. How do you play if you don't mind me asking?

Offline bailey90

• Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2017, 02:45:40 PM »
Course I don't mind. When I'm playing a top, top team, I play the one on the left. Otherwise, I play the one on the right:

I managed to overtake my friend to finish 3rd with on the last game of the season. We both finished on 79 but I had the better goal difference.

Tottenham and United both finished on 85 points but United won the league on goal difference.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 02:47:52 PM by bailey90 »

Offline BigAl24

• Believer
« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2017, 03:34:08 PM »
Course I don't mind. When I'm playing a top, top team, I play the one on the left. Otherwise, I play the one on the right:

Good base to work from mate and I think 3rd is a good season! I play very similar to your one on the left actually. What has actually worked really well for me is the full backs. I have both wingers on IF-s, but then my left back is a full back attack who gets double figures in assists every season. And my full back is Charlie Taylor as well so not exactly a world beater! Personally, as Liverpool, I also think you could play with a control mentality too, really try and seek the initiative from the off.

One other point (sorry if it sounds critical!) is that I don't think you need two advanced playmakers either, as well as a DLP. There is a lot of focus there on creating opportunities as oppose to getting people in the right positions to take them - if that makes sense?!

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Believer
« Reply #248 on: April 21, 2017, 11:37:02 PM »
Change Moreno to attacking - you're really emphasising width in your tactic but Mane is the only man providing it. Coutinho the way he is with Moreno attacking behind is a great combination in this game

Offline Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Definitely!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #249 on: April 21, 2017, 11:39:22 PM »
End of my 6th season with Liverpool, won the league 5 times in a row and the European Cup twice in that time. Anfield has been at 59k capacity for a while now so asked the board for a new stadium, they said no, I leaked it and complained to the press and now we're going to be moving to a new 77k seater stadium in a few years time!
Earn cashback on all your purchases with Quidco!

http://www.quidco.com/user/3878046/1870622/