Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 179980 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Doesn't like those 'Klopp lovers' NON-
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #2360 on: January 11, 2017, 10:08:45 PM »
Sleep in horse placenta please lad.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Kashinoda

• and in the attic - gets biy wath a luttle halp frum hes friends
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2361 on: January 11, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »
Desperately missing his sideway passing and the lack of anything he brings to the team.
:D

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2362 on: January 11, 2017, 10:12:24 PM »
Aye, kiddies, super fans, people who don't know what they're watching, people who don't understand the English language etc.

Henderson would have run more/backtracked more and be more of a physical presence than Lucas was today.

In terms of passing, short/long and between the lines - Lucas was better today than a normal Henderson performance.

Would you agree ?
Itís not even about individuality, itís about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Eel Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I'm hot for you Patricia
« Reply #2363 on: January 11, 2017, 10:12:35 PM »
Yep he's the best choice with what we have. Despite critics of him on the ball, how many in this thread want him benched? I think I counted 2 posters. The constant arguments are more tilting at windmills and poster politics than a concerted effort against our captain.

Certain posters have suggested we play Can in his position.
Hodgson was a decent manager, without doubt in the top 1% of Football managers

Offline Eel Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2364 on: January 11, 2017, 10:15:25 PM »
Henderson would have run more/backtracked more and be more of a physical presence than Lucas was today.

In terms of passing, short/long and between the lines - Lucas was better today than a normal Henderson performance.

Would you agree ?

Nah.

But then it's all been said about Hendersons passing. We've seen Lucas and Can utterly stink the position out in the last few games, there's absolutely no argument to be had anymore that Henderson is head and shoulders our best player in that position.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ďWe murdered them 0-0.Ē
« Reply #2365 on: January 11, 2017, 10:18:48 PM »
Certain posters have suggested we play Can in his position.

As of this season? How many? There are over 40,000 RAWK members, I don't see any visible group of posters consistently coming here and proclaiming Can as his replacement.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Eel Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2366 on: January 11, 2017, 10:23:31 PM »
As of this season? How many? There are over 40,000 RAWK members, I don't see any visible group of posters consistently coming here and proclaiming Can as his replacement.

Certain posters have suggested we play Can in his position, I really couldn't be clearer Halcyon.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2367 on: January 11, 2017, 10:26:56 PM »
Nah.

But then it's all been said about Hendersons passing. We've seen Lucas and Can utterly stink the position out in the last few games, there's absolutely no argument to be had anymore that Henderson is head and shoulders our best player in that position.

Did you honestly think Lucas stink the position out today ? I saw a fair few interceptions and tackles today; good passing - including some quick set-up of for instance lallana. At the same time - the sheer running and physical presence would preferably be better..

I would have prefered henderson playing today of course, but that would have been at the expense of either can or winaldjum..
Itís not even about individuality, itís about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2368 on: January 11, 2017, 10:37:38 PM »
How much had we missed him tonight? The only other player that has Henderson's passing range is Coutinho and its bad enough when we had one of them out.

Offline Eel Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2369 on: January 11, 2017, 10:42:44 PM »
Did you honestly think Lucas stink the position out today ? I saw a fair few interceptions and tackles today; good passing - including some quick set-up of for instance lallana. At the same time - the sheer running and physical presence would preferably be better..

I would have prefered henderson playing today of course, but that would have been at the expense of either can or winaldjum..

Everyone apart from Karius stank the place out tonight.

Lucas is a relic from a time where that sort of player thrived in top leagues, they don't anymore. He'd be cracking in a slower league like Serie A and Turkey so it's no surprise clubs like Gala and Inter have looked at him, but he's not got the mobility to play anywhere other than at CB against very weak sides for us.

Can much the same doesn't have anywhere near the skill set to play there.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• annoying person, right sometimes, often types shite though but never boring
  • Believer
  • Hates Scapegoating in Politics, Culture, Football.
« Reply #2370 on: January 11, 2017, 10:44:19 PM »
We need him badly right now
Klopp - Heavy Metal Genius
Are you not Entertained ?

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Believer
« Reply #2371 on: January 11, 2017, 10:52:26 PM »
Lucas in possession this game was better than Henderson in about 90% of his games. Off the ball as you say he is a big miss though. He is an iron man with the amount of pitch he covers.

Oh lord... you just know this is gonna be posted on some RAWK meltdown thread.  :-\

I did mean our player of the season.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline DanA

• Believer
« Reply #2372 on: January 11, 2017, 11:00:43 PM »
As of this season? How many? There are over 40,000 40 RAWK members that are active in this thread, I don't see any visible group of posters consistently coming here and proclaiming Can as his replacement.

Fixed for you
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 96
« Reply #2373 on: January 11, 2017, 11:03:49 PM »
Such a big miss.  Hopefully the nay-sayers are beginning to wake-up to just how important he is to the system.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2374 on: January 11, 2017, 11:31:57 PM »
Lucas in possession this game was better than Henderson in about 90% of his games. Off the ball as you say he is a big miss though. He is an iron man with the amount of pitch he covers.

Football isn't played in a vaccum, nor is it judged on aesthetics like diving or gymnastics. If football was simply about what you do with the ball then Rooney last season would be considered a world class centre midfielder and Gerrard would be starting for us. Your physical ability, and footballing/tactical ability off the ball is important. Probably more so in Klopp's teams than any other top manager in england.

Looking nice in possession isn't the fundamental requirement for the Henderson role in Klopp's team. If it was, Lucas would probably start every week. We'd probably be doing so well and looking so nice that his inability to keep up after 65 minutes wouldn't be a problem.

The point you make about today being better than Henderson 90% of the time is nonsense to be fair though
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:37:27 PM by Classycara »

Offline DanA

• Believer
« Reply #2375 on: January 11, 2017, 11:51:51 PM »
This is where comments like "there is no Henderson role" and that "we could change things around to allow Lucas to play the role" miss the mark. Henderson is a physical beast, you can't fill his role with a guy that has average Premier League athleticism, the way things are setup a special athlete with pace, power and a monster work rate is required.  That's not Can, it's not Lucas and it's not one of these 5' nothing guys from the Italian league that are pretty passing the ball.

Offline harryc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #2376 on: January 12, 2017, 12:02:13 AM »
This is where comments like "there is no Henderson role" and that "we could change things around to allow Lucas to play the role" miss the mark. Henderson is a physical beast, you can't fill his role with a guy that has average Premier League athleticism, the way things are setup a special athlete with pace, power and a monster work rate is required.  That's not Can, it's not Lucas and it's not one of these 5' nothing guys from the Italian league that are pretty passing the ball.

We get your point buddy but no need to go over the top, pace and Henderson don't really equate, maybe you meant stamina?

Offline DanA

• Believer
« Reply #2377 on: January 12, 2017, 12:19:34 AM »
We get your point buddy but no need to go over the top, pace and Henderson don't really equate, maybe you meant stamina?

To me good acceleration is the ability to change speed quickly, pace is the ability to maintain a high top speed. I think pace is an asset of Henderson's along with stamina. We've seen Henderson go stride for stride with guys like Wilfred Zaha, we saw Lucas struggle trying to get his body across the Southampton RW tonight, giving up a good chance for a cut back.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Believer
« Reply #2378 on: January 12, 2017, 12:59:55 AM »
This is where comments like "there is no Henderson role" and that "we could change things around to allow Lucas to play the role" miss the mark.

To be fair, I think only one poster actually said that, and it was in an attempt to backtrack and cover another nonsense comment they'd made. And he actually said we WOULDN'T have to change things around and Lucas could just fill in.

Henderson is probably the most important cog in our midfield, in that we don't have another player that even comes close to his physical dominance or his ability to play those long, raking passes to our fullbacks.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 01:03:20 AM by Frizzo »

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Believer
« Reply #2379 on: January 12, 2017, 01:02:20 AM »
Henderson is fast, particularly over a 40-50 yard sprint. And particularly when compared to Lucas.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Believer
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #2380 on: January 12, 2017, 02:21:25 AM »

Would you agree ?

I thought he did nothing that henderson doesnt do on a regular basis...and im a long time admirer of lucas's particular brand of midfieldery. Midfield wasnt even the issue tonight..apart from emre giving it away alot but this happens he's young.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Believer
« Reply #2381 on: January 12, 2017, 02:33:57 AM »
Although not really Lucas' fault considering the form of the players ahead of him, we didn't exactly create much at all with our 62% possession despite Lucas being apparently more "progressive" with his passing into the guys head of him. What it gave to our play was not substantial anyway.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Believer
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #2382 on: January 12, 2017, 04:19:19 AM »
Although not really Lucas' fault considering the form of the players ahead of him, we didn't exactly create much at all with our 62% possession despite Lucas being apparently more "progressive" with his passing into the guys head of him. What it gave to our play was not substantial anyway.

The.fullbacks(our outball all season) were marshalled really well, we really needed someone to run the channels to help them out with providing width and pulling the cbs apart allowing the midfield to attack the vacuum, sturridge wasnt that man. Puels tatics were spot on..never allowing milner to dictate on his right..id of told sturridge to sit on that left flank behind the fullback forcing the fb to make a decision..but hey im nobody so who gives a fuck. When you have that much possession midfield is rarely the problem...although emre gave the ball away in some good positions for us.

To keep this slightly on topic Hendo wouldnt of made much of a difference. Maybe he might of had a shot or two from range....they bottleneck'd us well limiting us to a.few hopeful crosses to a bunch of short arses. All opinion like...im sure many will disagree.

Offline DanA

• Believer
« Reply #2383 on: January 12, 2017, 04:44:15 AM »
The.fullbacks(our outball all season) were marshalled really well, we really needed someone to run the channels to help them out with providing width and pulling the cbs apart allowing the midfield to attack the vacuum, sturridge wasnt that man. Puels tatics were spot on..never allowing milner to dictate on his right..id of told sturridge to sit on that left flank behind the fullback forcing the fb to make a decision..but hey im nobody so who gives a fuck. When you have that much possession midfield is rarely the problem...although emre gave the ball away in some good positions for us.

To keep this slightly on topic Hendo wouldnt of made much of a difference. Maybe he might of had a shot or two from range....they bottleneck'd us well limiting us to a.few hopeful crosses to a bunch of short arses. All opinion like...im sure many will disagree.

There were several plays where Lucas' lack of pace compared to Henderson was noticeable. The counter attack from our corner and the attack down the right wing spring to mind without having rewatched it.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Believer
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #2384 on: January 12, 2017, 06:23:14 AM »
There were several plays where Lucas' lack of pace compared to Henderson was noticeable. The counter attack from our corner and the attack down the right wing spring to mind without having rewatched it.

I agree mate...Lucas isn't in the same category as hendo when is comes to legs, no debate to be had.

Offline Bullet Riddled Alfredo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #2385 on: January 12, 2017, 06:29:07 AM »
Need him back quickly our midfield looks very pedestrian at the moment.

Really don't rate Can as a central midfielder in a side like ours hoping to challenge for honours.
Same can be said for Lucas.

Can & Lucas are just not good enough.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Johnny Boy

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #2386 on: January 12, 2017, 09:35:42 AM »
We'll rush him back in for Sunday and he'll look poor for it I think.

United are in very good form, have very good attacking players and Hendo has no rhythm/training/games behind him going in to it.

But what can we do? Not as if any of the other options can hold a candle.

Offline suede lady

• Believer
« Reply #2387 on: January 12, 2017, 09:43:43 AM »
We must absolutely play him in the weekend if he is fit. Lucas was decent enough but Henderson's range of passing was clearly missed. There were times when a cross to either fullback would have opened the field up but Lucas played it to Can or the nearest centre half.

And Can just stank the place out. He is so out of form it is unbelievable. Lets hope he picks up because we all know how good he can be when in the groove.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2388 on: January 12, 2017, 09:53:07 AM »
Will he be ready for Sunday ?
SOS No.1406

Offline Greek Ern

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2389 on: January 12, 2017, 09:54:04 AM »
We'll rush him back in for Sunday and he'll look poor for it I think.

United are in very good form, have very good attacking players and Hendo has no rhythm/training/games behind him going in to it.

But what can we do? Not as if any of the other options can hold a candle.
Lucas is better defensively and calmer receiving and on the ball under pressure. Even if selected, I personally hope Henderson plays further forward.

Offline harryc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #2390 on: January 12, 2017, 09:54:28 AM »
Will he be ready for Sunday ?

Him and Matip both in full training today probably wont we match sharp thats for sure.

Offline gatcliffe

• Believer
« Reply #2391 on: January 12, 2017, 09:54:45 AM »
Really can't see him being back for United game but hope I am wrong.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Eel Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2392 on: January 12, 2017, 10:03:38 AM »
Lucas is better defensively and calmer receiving and on the ball under pressure. Even if selected, I personally hope Henderson plays further forward.

:lmao

You're not even slightly well disguised GrkStav

Offline thelinnen

• Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2393 on: January 12, 2017, 10:06:05 AM »
Him and Matip both in full training today probably wont we match sharp thats for sure.
I think Klopp needs to make a judgement call, he likes to take his time bringing players back in but lose this match and I think we'll be out of the title race and dragged into a battle for Champions League football. The fact is we look like a team of strangers without Henderson in midfield and Klavan is an average centre back.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #2394 on: January 12, 2017, 10:12:39 AM »

Henderson has only been out for what, 12 days? You'd hope he hasn't lost too much match sharpness in that little time.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2395 on: January 12, 2017, 10:23:34 AM »
Lucas is better defensively

It's not 2010 mate. He's done unfortunately, it happens. There's a reason Klopp usually avoids playing him in midfield, probably because he had enough of games like Watford, Newcastle etc. Last night was a strange move and didn't work.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2396 on: January 12, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »

I'd take the risk  with Henderson probably both
SOS No.1406

Offline Greek Ern

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2397 on: January 12, 2017, 10:54:19 AM »
It's not 2010 mate. He's done unfortunately, it happens. There's a reason Klopp usually avoids playing him in midfield, probably because he had enough of games like Watford, Newcastle etc. Last night was a strange move and didn't work.
It wasn't him in goal against Watford, mate! (He played next to Henderson & Can). And against Newcastle he was our best player, winning 8 tackles out of 8.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Believer
« Reply #2398 on: January 12, 2017, 11:07:41 AM »
Most important player?

He hasn't played in a while but you have to think his natural fitness and professional attitude will make him ready for Sunday.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2399 on: January 12, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »

Hm. Hm. Sure.
FSG are prepared to back Klopp with as many as 5/6 high profile signings, with more dead wood shipped out in the summer.

Pennant was pretty good.