Author Topic: Spanish Football 2019/2020  (Read 256682 times)

Offline Liverlee

• Daddy Discord
  • Believer
Re: Spanish Football 2019/2020
« Reply #5720 on: September 29, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »
Just installed an app called football 8k which has good quality coverage of game, as long as you can put up with American commentary.

Thats a great app  :)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5721 on: September 29, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »
I was baffled reading articles talking about Atleticos new attacking style with their new signings.

Simeone is still there and he ain't changing what has brought him success, all his teams he's managed have played that dour keep the shape regimented drilled defensive style.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Believer
« Reply #5722 on: September 30, 2019, 11:57:07 AM »
I was baffled reading articles talking about Atleticos new attacking style with their new signings.

Simeone is still there and he ain't changing what has brought him success, all his teams he's managed have played that dour keep the shape regimented drilled defensive style.

The best managers constantly evolve and add new strings to their bow.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Believer
« Reply #5723 on: September 30, 2019, 12:51:18 PM »
Decent match between Real Sociedad and Sevilla yesterday.  Both teams are off to a great start in the league this year.

Sevilla plays Barcelona on Sunday and I won't be surprised to see them win.   

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Awkward Squad
« Reply #5724 on: October 1, 2019, 01:51:06 AM »
Decent match between Real Sociedad and Sevilla yesterday.  Both teams are off to a great start in the league this year.

Sevilla plays Barcelona on Sunday and I won't be surprised to see them win.   

Quality game that was mate. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7lx5ws

Real Madrid vs 2nd place Granada on Saturday too, 3pm ko - c'mon Granada :)  The game is live on the 'Premier Player' from Premiers Sports in the UK.
a Useful Links post to help follow the RedMen & football in general for 2019/20; info for tv, streams, IPTV, goal videos, incidents, highlights & full game replays - as well as news, line-ups, latest scores, & more.

Online DelTrotter

• Believer
« Reply #5725 on: October 6, 2019, 04:53:52 PM »
It will surprise absolutely no one that Atletico just drew 0-0 with 1 shot on target. Thankfully I wasn't stupid enough to watch this one!

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5726 on: October 6, 2019, 04:55:11 PM »
It will surprise absolutely no one that Atletico just drew 0-0 with 1 shot on target. Thankfully I wasn't stupid enough to watch this one!

They started the season exciting but have went backwards, league wise recently. 
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #5727 on: October 6, 2019, 05:18:00 PM »
Simeone at various points overachieved with them, but he's starting to massively underachieve with the talent he has.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
« Reply #5728 on: October 6, 2019, 08:33:53 PM »
That Luis Suarez bloke was "finished" a week ago.

Online DelTrotter

• Believer
« Reply #5729 on: October 6, 2019, 09:53:56 PM »
Pique got his deliberate yellow card I see so will be safe for the Clasico.

Online Dim glas yn siaced Santa

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #5730 on: October 8, 2019, 01:06:14 AM »
Atletico Madrid must be one of the dullest 'big clubs' in Europe

Atlético Madrid have scored 0.875 goals per match this season in the league.
Out of UEFA’s club coefficients, the highest-ranked side that has scored fewer goals per league match this season is #61 Galatasaray.

From here:
https://twitter.com/ZachLowy/status/1181355892706553856?s=20

Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #5731 on: October 8, 2019, 09:41:55 AM »
Atletico Madrid must be one of the dullest 'big clubs' in Europe

Atlético Madrid have scored 0.875 goals per match this season in the league.
Out of UEFA’s club coefficients, the highest-ranked side that has scored fewer goals per league match this season is #61 Galatasaray.
Joao Felix will save their ass this year.
From here:
https://twitter.com/ZachLowy/status/1181355892706553856?s=20

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #5732 on: October 8, 2019, 11:40:54 AM »
The fans must not care at Atletico for the paint drying on the wall football with the trophies they have won under Simeone.

I hope the draw ABPRFC in the CL and knock them out.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ChristChristMooseMooseMasMas

• A cow, a moose and a dog walk into a bar.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.
« Reply #5733 on: October 8, 2019, 11:45:18 AM »
Gareth Bale: Real Madrid forward 'angry' and wants to leave - Guillem Balague
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49953230

Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale is "angry" and "fed up" at the Spanish giants and wants to leave the club, according to BBC Radio 5 Live's Guillem Balague.

Bale had been set to join Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning on a three-year contract in the summer - earning a reported £1m a week - but Real cancelled the deal because they wanted a transfer fee.

In July, Real manager Zinedine Zidane said "we hope he leaves soon", a comment to which Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett replied: "Zidane is a disgrace - he shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid."

Bale has won four Champions Leagues, one La Liga title, a Copa del Rey and three Uefa Super Cups and Club World Cups during his time at Real, scoring more than 100 goals.

After the collapse of his move to China, the 30-year-old Wales international pulled out of a pre-season game in Munich - understood to be because he was not in the right mental state to play.

He has returned to the Real team this season, scoring twice in seven matches as they have moved to the top of La Liga.

But he was left out of the squad for last week's Champions League game against Club Bruges, before returning to the starting line-up for the 4-2 win against Granada on Saturday.

"Gareth Bale is fed up," said Balague. "He can do this no longer. At a time when he began to stand out, knowing that as he plays matches his fitness would be sharpened, he suddenly had to watch the game against Bruges in the stands. Nobody knows why.

"He is angry, confused. When Zidane returned to the club, he decided he did not want Bale, without anyone having offered a clear reasoning.

"Bale was told that Zidane, with whom he has a professional relationship, had made an unequivocal decision and was preparing for his departure.

"His agent, Jonathan Barnett, set out to find him alternative options, but Bale preferred - ahead of any other possibility - to remain at the club.

"What the Welshman does not quite understand is why the doors were opened, and then they did not let him go. Madrid agreed not to charge a transfer fee to the Chinese side Jiangsu Suning, but ultimately they backed down because they believed that another Chinese team were willing to pay a large amount for James Rodriguez, a rumour that ended up being false.

"Bale has played well in recent weeks - partly because he is angry - in response to the distance and coldness with which the coach treats him, and he has finally rebelled at his situation.

"It is said that he likes golf more than football, and it is true that he does not live the profession with the intensity of others, either on or off the pitch.

"He only asks for minutes to be able to give his best and to be able to offer goals to the team, something they lack.

"Leaving him out of the game against Bruges is difficult to understand, and has been the last straw.

"For the first time since he arrived at Real Madrid in the summer of 2013, the Welshman wants to leave. He feels that it is not fair what is being done with him."

Online Dim glas yn siaced Santa

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #5734 on: October 8, 2019, 11:46:53 AM »
The fans must not care at Atletico for the paint drying on the wall football with the trophies they have won under Simeone.

I hope the draw ABPRFC in the CL and knock them out.

that's the thing, if he's winning trophies, it's easier to put up with! I can imagine there is frustration at their own rather average start considering that Real and Barcelona haven't been firing either.  Still, they did make a lot of changes this summer. No excuse for that team scoring less than a goal a game though! 
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer