Author Topic: Liverpool news thread  (Read 27595 times)

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool news thread
« Reply #280 on: July 23, 2019, 11:30:58 AM »
I was interested to see the story in the Echo about a new station to serve the Baltic Triangle that sounds like it's going to happen - always good to hear about new rail infrastructure.

I'm not convinced (like many I think) that Bramley Moore is going to happen - but if it does I assume Sandhills would be close enough or is there talk / plans for any new investment up there too?

Offline L8Craig

• Believer
« Reply #281 on: July 23, 2019, 01:35:40 PM »
I was interested to see the story in the Echo about a new station to serve the Baltic Triangle that sounds like it's going to happen - always good to hear about new rail infrastructure.

I'm not convinced (like many I think) that Bramley Moore is going to happen - but if it does I assume Sandhills would be close enough or is there talk / plans for any new investment up there too?

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/l/liverpool_st_james/

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2019, 12:25:26 AM »
^ nice one. Some great pictures on that site. I must have travelled through and over it thousands of times and never knew it was there.

Offline Bigly Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2019, 08:23:33 PM »
It would be good for the local location if the station was reopened, but there seems a lot of if's, but's, and maybe's, and no end dates in the Echo article.

It's like they're floating it out there to get opinions, with no concrete plans or timescale.

They've been floating the idea of this station reopening for over a decade or more.  And it's still just talk.

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #284 on: July 25, 2019, 07:17:54 PM »
St James station is in Merseyrail's long term analysis. Not sure about BMD, but there's long been talk of a new Vauxhall station. That would come before Sandhills.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #285 on: August 21, 2019, 10:08:38 PM »
I see Walkers Crisps and Linekar inadvertently used Purple Ackie's likeness in a CL final promo video?  Only just seen this on the Metro website, is it old news?

https://metro.co.uk/video/walkers-celebrate-purple-aki-1471489/?ito=video.mweb.share.top.facebook
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2019, 10:14:53 PM »
Finally news on funding approval for two new train stations on Merseyside - St James Place at the Baltic Triangle and Headbolt Lane in Kirkby, which could open the way for a rail link to Skelmersdale.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/new-merseyrail-stations-could-help-16842626

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art