Author Topic: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick  (Read 1916909 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Ill Douche - The Dorito Benito
« Reply #43240 on: July 14, 2018, 02:29:03 AM »
Seems they’ll do anything in their power to protect their golden c*nt nugget

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43241 on: July 14, 2018, 06:18:16 AM »
I think the poll is current to June 2018. Don't know whether it reflects the recent immigration fiasco, but am not surprised to see an increase because his followers like his racist immigration policies. But certainly nothing i that poll backs up Shaka's claim that Trump is gaining supporters from outside his base. He appears to be hovering around 42% with some dips and upticks depending on the issue.

In keeping with what you're saying.

I suspect the uplift occurred on the cusp of the North Korea stuff before the meeting. There was a bit of positivity about Trump denuclearizing North Korea. I suspect he's dropped back down and it just hasn't been reflected in the stats yet.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:20:45 AM by DanA »
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Red Raw Burp!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #43242 on: July 14, 2018, 08:33:16 AM »

Bastard.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43243 on: July 14, 2018, 09:09:16 AM »
Trump's ambassador lobbied Britain on behalf of jailed right-wing activist Tommy Robinson

(Reuters) - Sam Brownback, the U.S. Ambassador for International Religious Freedom, complained to the British ambassador in Washington D.C. about the treatment of an English right-wing activist who is in jail for disrupting a trial, according to three sources familiar with the discussion.

Brownback raised the case of the activist known as Tommy Robinson in a June meeting with Sir Kim Darroch, Britain's Ambassador to the United States, according to a British official and two sources close to the organizers of a pro-Robinson demonstration planned for London on Saturday.

Brownback raised the jailing of Robinson during a meeting with Darroch that covered a range of "religious freedom issues", the British official confirmed earlier this week.

Brownback told Darroch that if Britain did not treat Robinson more sympathetically, the Trump administration might be compelled to criticize Britain's handling of the case, according to the two sources in contact with organizers of the planned pro-Robinson demonstration.

The sources said Robinson's supporters, who have also been in touch with the Trump administration about the issue, were concerned that he could be attacked by other prisoners.

Reuters was unable to determine why the top U.S. official responsible for defending religious freedom would try to intervene with the British government on behalf of an activist who has expressed ant-Islamic views.

Brownback, who is a former governor of Kansas and former U.S. senator, was not available for comment. However, on Thursday a U.S. State Department spokesman said the "characterizations" of Brownback's meeting with Darroch by Reuters sources were "completely false" but the spokesman did not elaborate further.

Holy fucking shit. White Supremacist gonna white supremacist I guess.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43244 on: July 14, 2018, 11:26:44 AM »
What caused the massive spike for Bush?

Throwing a great first pitch at the baseball. High water mark

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Believer
  • Dungeness cracked, brains for you. Garlic butter!
« Reply #43245 on: July 14, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »

He's now called his on-the-record, taped interview with the rag as fake news.

:D

Online Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43246 on: July 14, 2018, 08:18:29 PM »
Blimey, his hands really are so very tiny.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #43247 on: July 14, 2018, 10:20:29 PM »
Blimey, his hands really are so very tiny.

Not small..... Far away.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #43248 on: July 14, 2018, 10:39:07 PM »

This is good stuff. Not that Trump will accept it, but it's good to get some comparisons out. Everything he says gets attention. It works like that. Everyone needs to report what the President says. But it's possible to publish facts too. It's a way to tell people the Emperor is naked/a liar.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43249 on: July 14, 2018, 10:50:44 PM »
The worrying thing is that despite putting children in cages, labelling entire populations rapists, casually using white supremacist language and happily being endorsed by them, lifting sanctions on Russia, furthering the divide in the middle east by moving the american embassy to Jerusalem, starting a costly trade war with every major trading partner, attempting to roll back affordable healthcare, having a dysfunctional government with crooks in charge of every department, he still has a respectable approval rating about on par with Obama and Clinton at the same stage.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed
  • Believer
« Reply #43250 on: July 15, 2018, 12:19:40 AM »
The worrying thing is that despite putting children in cages, labelling entire populations rapists, casually using white supremacist language and happily being endorsed by them, lifting sanctions on Russia, furthering the divide in the middle east by moving the american embassy to Jerusalem, starting a costly trade war with every major trading partner, attempting to roll back affordable healthcare, having a dysfunctional government with crooks in charge of every department, he still has a respectable approval rating about on par with Obama and Clinton at the same stage.

Clinton expanded safe and legal abortions days into office and spent his first two years trying to create a National Healthcare System. And Obama is black. These are the important issues in America.

Offline Giono

• Believer
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #43251 on: July 15, 2018, 05:45:56 AM »
Seth Abramson has had some time to digest the new indictmemts and is connecting some serious dots in his twitter feed. Looks like Roger Stone is toast. I would love to see that asshole in prison. More seriously, it looks like Trump’s campaign altered ad buys coinciding with the DNC hacks. These indictments are going to definitely turn up the heat on anyone that worked for that campaign. Hopefully we see more flipping as a byproduct.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline halfpoundcheesy

• [insert witty comment]
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #43252 on: July 15, 2018, 06:12:48 AM »

Arrived in Las Vegas this evening. Taxi driver couldn't believe "all those idiots in your country protesting our President".

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts
« Reply #43253 on: July 15, 2018, 08:34:11 AM »
Never known a President of any country speak to the press on an almost daily basis.

What a horrible man.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Bigly Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43254 on: July 15, 2018, 08:47:59 AM »
Has the orange one fucked off yet?

Just to quote myself again.

All of this cosying up to Putin and Russia, is very odd.

Is it just me, or is anyone else here thinking it's all a bit,  Manchurian Candidate.

I recon he's going home to be debriefed..... and I'm not talking about the hookers in his hotel room.  ;)

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
« Reply #43255 on: July 15, 2018, 09:01:20 AM »
Arrived in Las Vegas this evening. Taxi driver couldn't believe "all those idiots in your country protesting our President".

They don't get democracy, do they?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43256 on: July 15, 2018, 09:57:21 AM »
May just said he told her to sue the EU  :wanker

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Main Stander
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #43257 on: July 15, 2018, 10:19:23 AM »

A real, first class toss pot at work. He's now on his way to Helsinki to debrief his daddy Putin apparently.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #43258 on: July 15, 2018, 10:28:20 AM »
A real, first class toss pot at work. He's now on his way to Helsinki to debrief his daddy Putin apparently.

If this last two years was written up as a political thriller three years ago people would bin it after two chapters as been insane...
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #43259 on: July 15, 2018, 10:38:20 AM »
This is good stuff. Not that Trump will accept it, but it's good to get some comparisons out. Everything he says gets attention. It works like that. Everyone needs to report what the President says. But it's possible to publish facts too. It's a way to tell people the Emperor is naked/a liar.

More importantly, it drives home the fact that Trump is STILL the worst polling first term president in history.

Apart from rampant gerrymandering, the Democrats' biggest worry is getting their vote out and avoiding complacency.  If the Democrats go out and vote and the GOP has defeatist apathy, there could be a major sea change in November.

And remember, it's not all about Senators and Congresspeople.  We need those State house floors to switch hands as well.

The only real concern now is what Trump and the GOP will pull between now and November to disrupt the situation as they become increasingly desperate.  And what could happen between November and January before the new houses are sworn in.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #43260 on: July 15, 2018, 10:40:12 AM »

Probably Putin's idea...
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #43261 on: July 15, 2018, 10:48:07 AM »
Apparently Trump didn't rehearse for his visit to see the Queen.  ::)

Bowed too early so the press only saw him shaking her hand; then as they inspected the guard he walked on her inside, basically blocking it from her view.  ;D

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
« Reply #43262 on: July 15, 2018, 10:51:24 AM »
If this last two years was written up as a political thriller three years ago people would bin it after two chapters as been insane...

Yeah, all that's missing is the disgruntled, ex alcoholic New York cop who redeems himself by saving the First Lady's life from a Muslim Democrat transgender illegal Mexican immigrant and dies heroically in the process.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Main Stander
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #43263 on: July 15, 2018, 10:54:14 AM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44838028

Gwan Theresa  ;D ;D ;D
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Online Iska

• Believer
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #43264 on: July 15, 2018, 11:16:39 AM »
More importantly, it drives home the fact that Trump is STILL the worst polling first term president in history.
That doesn’t translate though.  Previous presidents have tried to be presidents of all Americans, but Trump’s strategy is to be president of half of Americans.  In that context 40odd%, plus enough voters who’ll hold their nose and vote for him anyway, might as well be much higher.  I don’t know how you get yourselves out of such a polarised situation, but you’ve got to.

Online Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #43265 on: July 15, 2018, 11:29:52 AM »
That doesn’t translate though.  Previous presidents have tried to be presidents of all Americans, but Trump’s strategy is to be president of half of Americans.  In that context 40odd%, plus enough voters who’ll hold their nose and vote for him anyway, might as well be much higher.  I don’t know how you get yourselves out of such a polarised situation, but you’ve got to.

He's at 42%.  He's still below the worst polling numbers of previous presidents at this stage - and this is arguably his HIGH point.

As things stand he has 90% support amongst 38% of his numbers; the rest is wiggle room via independents.  Now he can try to play Thatcher's game of propping up 45% of the people at the expense of the rest, but the US isn't the UK.  He's effectively head of state of 52 countries, each with their own economy and unique needs.  And most of his policies will hurt his own support most, who will vote for him regardless.  So the damage can conceivably be contained within these states and still leave the rest to play for in an election.

He's not really winning over anybody.  His poll numbers will fluctuate certainly but if you look at that graph the long term trend for Trump can only be downwards.  He'd have to do something epically historic, in a manner unheard of in recent history to turn this around.  He wont get that from starting a war.

As I understand it, no presidential candidate of recent times has won the presidency without winning Ohio?  So I guess you just look at Ohio.

Plus I imagine the next Democrat candidate wont forget to campaign in certain states and assume they're a shoe in to win...

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online Iska

• Believer
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #43266 on: July 15, 2018, 11:57:28 AM »
if you look at that graph the long term trend for Trump can only be downwards.
He can keep going sideways, and that might be enough.  God help us all if that’s how politics works now though.
So I guess you just look at Ohio.
How is Ohio?  The other side effect of the internet age, other than the polarisation, is that anything with an angle, you don’t feel you can get accurate information anymore.  I don’t even know which actual news sources to trust.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43267 on: July 15, 2018, 12:45:35 PM »
Meanwhile the other walking heart attack was with his mate nige today on lbc, lovely fella

https://twitter.com/theousherwood/status/1018452436057513984?s=21

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #43268 on: July 15, 2018, 12:56:30 PM »
He's quite clearly a cringeworthy bell end but equally cringeworthy is some of the supposed defiant protests against him in recent days in the UK. They had that big baby balloon up in Scotland and a young hipster leftist was asked to explain it. He said something along the lines of, "We have a right to mock and deride Trump." But that was the end of his political reasoning. Of course, it is a cherished right to mock useless politicians as it is a powerful tool in spreading progressive messages but if that's all you can do then quite simply it will achieve fuck all against the Republican puppet masters in Washington and their prize show pony.

Instead of getting kids to scrawl barely literate posters against Evil Mr. Trump, it would be better if parents actually became politically active. The number of protestors at the demonstrations who are actually doing nothing in face of political turmoil is bordering on preposterous. I'm from Northern Ireland so I avoid the mainstream political parties like the plague but I do get involved in community groups and things which genuinely benefit those who are getting truly screwed over by the system of governance in the UK and the USA. I'm a teacher as well so I like to think I gently prevent young minds swinging to extremes.

I have no time for people who are all talk and do nothing. They are easy fodder for corporate and political America. If these protests were actually full of people who want to make a difference, I might think about going to one of them. As it stands, though, hot air is easily blown away by the distorted democracies we live in. Just my opinion, though.

Online Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #43269 on: July 15, 2018, 01:12:07 PM »
He can keep going sideways, and that might be enough.  God help us all if that’s how politics works now though.

No president goes sideways forever.  As I said, right now his absolute best is matching the absolute worst of previous presidents.  Given his current form his rating cannot remain static for two years; it will either go up or down.  And going up would be upsetting at least 30 years of historical precedent. 

But then, Trump's entire presidency is built on upsetting historical precedent, and upsetting a whole lot of other things too....

How is Ohio?  The other side effect of the internet age, other than the polarisation, is that anything with an angle, you don’t feel you can get accurate information anymore.  I don’t even know which actual news sources to trust.

I have no idea how Ohio is.  I'm just saying it is probably the best yardstick to measure by, based on past elections.

If Trump and his people manage to successfully push the narrative that "he's going to win anyway, so just accept it," he might generate enough defeatist apathy to hold onto power, but he has to fight the mid terms first.

"You're a puppet."
"No, YOU'RE the puppet."

"The Republicans are facing a Blue Wave."
"No, there's going to be a RED Wave."

The media have to work harder to prevent Trump from controlling the agenda.  In the meantime though, Trump continues to gaslight his entire country.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse "Ridiculously cool" -TAW-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice for Neda
« Reply #43270 on: July 15, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »
Didn't know who Jerry Nadler was a few hours ago. Now straight up love the guy. He nailed the Chairman to the wall at the start of that hearing with is hypocrisy bullshit. Don't know any more of him than what I saw and heard in these hearings, so if he previously took a mini-gun to a schoolbus or something, I will retract my above glowing endorsement of him.
He's a solidly entrenched liberal, orthodox Jewish Brooklyn Congressman who will always speak his mind.  A decent guy.
Entitlement: the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Online ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Believer
« Reply #43271 on: July 15, 2018, 02:06:39 PM »
Regarding the approval ratings (for all presidents), I think this is quite an interesting resource.

https://news.gallup.com/interactives/185273/r.aspx?g_source=WWWV7HP&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

Offline Djozer

• Believer
« Reply #43272 on: July 15, 2018, 02:27:02 PM »
No president goes sideways forever.  As I said, right now his absolute best is matching the absolute worst of previous presidents.  Given his current form his rating cannot remain static for two years; it will either go up or down.  And going up would be upsetting at least 30 years of historical precedent. 

But then, Trump's entire presidency is built on upsetting historical precedent, and upsetting a whole lot of other things too....

I have no idea how Ohio is.  I'm just saying it is probably the best yardstick to measure by, based on past elections.

If Trump and his people manage to successfully push the narrative that "he's going to win anyway, so just accept it," he might generate enough defeatist apathy to hold onto power, but he has to fight the mid terms first.

"You're a puppet."
"No, YOU'RE the puppet."

"The Republicans are facing a Blue Wave."
"No, there's going to be a RED Wave."

The media have to work harder to prevent Trump from controlling the agenda.  In the meantime though, Trump continues to gaslight his entire country.
I think the sideways - and even slightly upwards - trend in terms of polling will continue as long as the economy is doing well and the employment rate keeps falling, provided there are no major scandals (minor ones seem to come and go every week for this administration, and people don't bat an eyelid anymore) and Mueller finds no incontrovertible evidence of conspiracy with Russia regarding the election.

It seems unlikely to me that the economy will continue to improve - at some point his trade war will probably start to bite, jobs will likely start to rise and/or the inflation of prices in some goods and services may lead to a recession. Should this happen I think he's likely to start slipping again, and even without his stupid tariff bullying spree some form of economic downturn seems likely in the not too distant future (in my totally inexpert opinion only, of course).

Like you say though, he seems to buck all historical precedent, so none of this may happen and he'll somehow sail on through regardless, wrecking international peace treaties, reciprocal trade agreements and the environment in general, and entirely rejigging the US judiciary with regressive conservatives. I've pretty much resigned myself to a second term of this human horror show and all the associated fucking up of the world that such an event would likely bring. It's not so much that I expect it, more that I no longer have any clue what to expect, so I might as well mentally prepare myself for the worst and then anything else is a pleasant surprise.

Online ShakaHislop

• Believer
« Reply #43273 on: July 15, 2018, 02:27:25 PM »
Puerto Rico flag row prompts hate crime case for Illinois man

A man who was recorded haranguing a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico flag shirt at an Illinois park has been charged with a hate crime.

Timothy Trybus, 62, was previously charged with disorderly conduct and assault.

He allegedly demanded to know if a Latina picnicker was a US citizen in last month's incident.

A police officer who was filmed standing by as Mia Irizarry, 24, pleaded for his help has quit.

Mr Trybus faces a bail hearing on Friday on two counts of felony hate crime.

Ms Irizarry used her mobile phone to film the confrontation, which unfolded on 14 June as she set up a picnic for her birthday at Caldwell Woods in the Chicago suburbs.

In the viral clip a white man approaches her and demands to know why she is wearing her shirt, which had "Puerto Rico" written on it.

"You should not be wearing that in the United States of America," he shouts, repeatedly jabbing his finger at her.

"Are you a citizen? Are you a United States citizen?"

Ms Irizarry calls on a nearby park police officer for help.

But the officer, Patrick Connor, turns his back and walks towards his patrol car.

The suspect continued to harangue Ms Irizarry for about 10 minutes before other officers arrived and arrested him.

The Forest Preserve District of Cook County Police Department - where Mr Connor worked for 12 years - announced he had resigned late on Wednesday.

At a press conference on Thursday, Superintendent Arnold Randall said Mr Connor was "very remorseful" when he resigned.

But he said the officer considered it "an unfortunate incident" and felt he was not "given a fair shake".

Mr Randall added that Mr Connor's personnel file will say that he did not leave "in good standing", and will include a note that he left "with discipline pending".

He added that officials will review the mandatory diversity training that officers are required to take. Mr Connor had taken the course a year ago, officials say.

In an earlier statement, the police said that an investigation had been launched and the officer had been placed on desk duty.

In the unedited video, Mr Connor is seen trying to reassure the victim that Mr Trybus does not pose a threat to her safety.

Supt Randall said that Ms Irizarry deserved to be praised for her response amid a national trend of "racially charged, abusive incidents we're seeing throughout the country".

"We might start with the fine example presented by Mia Irizarry and her family, who handled this ugly incident with great composure, never stooping to the level of the man who attacked her," he said in a written statement.

He added that the park staff had apologised directly to Ms Irizarry and refunded the money she paid for her permit.

The video had angered public officials in the state of Illinois, as well as the governor of Puerto Rico.

The island of Puerto Rico is a US territory.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44802126

Ms Irizarry tells him Puerto Rico is part of the US, politely addressing the man as "sir".

"We don't own Puerto Rico," the man replies. "Are you educated?"

She asks a park police officer to help, saying: "I am renting this area and he's harassing me about the shirt that I'm wearing."

But the policeman does nothing.

She says: "Officer, I'm renting, I paid for a permit for this area."

"I do not feel comfortable with him here, is there anything you can do?"

But the officer walks away.

Coming closer, the man says: "You're not gonna change us, you know that?"

"OK, OK," Ms Irizarry says, trying to placate him.

Pointing at her, the man says: "You're not American, if you were American you wouldn't wear that.

"Why is she wearing that [expletive]?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44788850

Online ShakaHislop

• Believer
« Reply #43274 on: July 15, 2018, 02:31:43 PM »
Woman arrested for allegedly beating 92-yr-old with brick

Authorities arrested Laquisha Jones, 30, on Tuesday night for assault with a deadly weapon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44797913

Meanwhile, a 30-year-old woman has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly using a brick to bludgeon a 92-year-old man near Los Angeles.

Laquisha Jones was also charged with elder abuse over the 4 July attack.

A witness said Ms Jones told the victim, Rodolfo Rodriguez: "Go back to your country."

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said the assault may have been triggered by Mr Rodriguez bumping into a young girl who was with Ms Jones.

He suffered a broken jaw, broken cheekbones, two broken ribs and bruises on his face, back and abdomen, US media report.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44802126

Online Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #43275 on: July 15, 2018, 02:32:51 PM »
Regarding the approval ratings (for all presidents), I think this is quite an interesting resource.

https://news.gallup.com/interactives/185273/r.aspx?g_source=WWWV7HP&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

Interesting.  Shows that only on a handful of occasions did Obama's approval rating dip as low as Trump's absolute best - 40-43% compared to Trump's 45%.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online ShakaHislop

• Believer
« Reply #43276 on: July 15, 2018, 02:38:51 PM »
US claims all eligible migrant toddlers reunited with parents

A majority of migrant children age five and under who were detained under the US immigration "zero-tolerance" policy have been reunited with their families.

Officials say 57 of the 103 children separated at the US-Mexico border were returned to parents as of Thursday.

But 46 children were ineligible for reunification, including some whose parents had already been deported.

Another 2,000 to 3,000 migrant children ages five to 17 must be reunited by 26 July, a US judge has ordered.

"As of this morning, the initial reunifications were completed. Throughout the reunification process our goal has been the well-being of the children and returning them to a safe environment," Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a joint statement on Thursday.

"Of course, there remains a tremendous amount of hard work and similar obstacles facing our teams in reuniting the remaining families. The Trump administration does not approach this mission lightly, and we intend to continue our good faith efforts to reunify families."

The announcement comes two days after a court-ordered deadline to return the youngest of the children.

Officials said on Thursday that 22 children were unable be reunited with the adults that brought them illegally across the US border due to safety concerns.

Other children were determined to be ineligible to be returned to their parents for reasons including:
  • 11 adults were found to have serious criminal histories
  • Seven were determined not to be the child's parent
  • One adult had a communicable disease
  • One adult allegedly abused a child while another planned to house the child with someone who had been charged with child abuse

Another 24 children were not eligible because parents were in custody for other criminal offences, officials were unable to locate them or they had already been deported back to their country of origin.

When asked about the deported parents in a conference call with reporters, federal officials said they are under "no obligation to bring people who have no lawful status in this country back into this country for reunification".

"These individuals had the opportunity to take the child with them when they were removed in the first place," said Matthew Albence, an official with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

The parents are now being contacted through their embassies, he said, and will be given the option of having their children sent back to them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44813033

Online ShakaHislop

• Believer
« Reply #43277 on: July 15, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »
China trade surplus with US hits record high in June

China's monthly trade surplus with the US hit a record high of nearly $29bn (£22bn) in June as exports to America remained strong.

The figures come a week after the trade war between the two began, with the US imposing tariffs on $34bn of Chinese goods, and China retaliating.

This week, Washington threatened to impose 10% tariffs on another $200bn of Chinese imports.

Analysts expect to see the impact of the tariffs in July's figures.

"We expect the trade numbers for July to disappoint since that's when the first round of US tariffs took effect," said Amy Zhuang, China analyst at Nordea Bank in Singapore.

"Still, we do not expect a plunge because those tariffs only targeted $34bn worth of goods which is fairly small compared to China's total trade", she said.

In the first six months of the year, China's exports to the US rose 13.6% from a year earlier, while imports from the US increased by 11.8%. Its trade surplus with the US over the same period was $133.76bn, up from $117.51bn last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44818316

US lifts order against China's ZTE

The US has lifted an order that blocked Chinese tech giant ZTE from doing business with US companies, forcing the firm to halt major operations.

US President Donald Trump had intervened to end the ban, which was imposed in April and tied to ZTE violations of US sanctions against Iran and North Korea.

Instead the US said ZTE would be fined and forced to shake up its management.

The US Commerce Department said the firm had now complied with all steps.

ZTE paid a $1bn penalty last month and has now placed an additional $400m in a holding account against further violations, the Commerce Department said on Friday.

"While we lifted the ban on ZTE, the Department will remain vigilant as we closely monitor ZTE's actions to ensure compliance with all US laws and regulations," US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said.

ZTE, China's second largest telecoms manufacturer, depends on American-made components for the production of its handsets.

It suspended major operations this spring after the US imposed the ban. The US said the firm had lied about punishing employees involved in violating US sanctions against North Korea and Iran.

President Trump asked the US Commerce Department to reconsider the ban in May at the request of Chinese President Xi Jinping.

The decision was controversial in the US. Some politicians in Congress are trying to take action to reinstate the original penalty, citing national security concerns about the company.

"ZTE should be put out of business," Senator Marco Rubio, a Republican from Florida, said on Friday.

"We must put American jobs and national security first, which is why I have urged NDAA conferees to ensure the bipartisan provision to reinstate penalties against ZTE is included in the final bill."

The US has said the new penalty is significant. ZTE also paid the US almost $900m in 2017 for the sanctions violations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44825878

Online ShakaHislop

• Believer
« Reply #43278 on: July 15, 2018, 02:52:46 PM »
US lawmaker caught speeding tells cop he often does so

An Arizona state lawmaker bragged to a police officer that he sometimes drives more than double the speed limit - after he was pulled over for speeding.

Police stopped Representative Paul Mosley for going 97mph (156km/h) in a 55mph zone near Parker, Arizona, on 27 March in a filmed incident.

Mr Mosley said he would go "130, 140" mph on his way home and told the cop he had legislative immunity.

The lawmaker has posted an apology on his Facebook page.

In the video, first reported by KLPZ, Mr Mosely tells the officer who pulled him over that he "didn't even notice" his speed because of his "nice" car.

"I'm trying to surprise my wife," he said, adding that he only speeds "as long as it's safe".

Mr Mosley also tells the La Paz County officer he does not break the law because he can, but "because I'm just trying to get home".

The deputy's written report also stated that the Republican lawmaker said they should not waste time on the incident since he has legislative immunity.

In his apology, Mr Mosley said: "My desire to get home to see my family does not justify how fast I was speeding nor my reference to legislative immunity when being pulled over."

He adds: "In addition, my jokes about frequently driving over 100 miles per hour during my 3-hour commute to and from the capitol were entirely inappropriate and showed extremely bad judgement on my part, for which I am truly sorry."

Mr Mosely was elected in 2016 and is running for re-election in November.

A top Arizona lawmaker, Speaker J D Mesnard, said in a statement he was "disturbed" by the video.

"Nothing short of an emergency justifies that kind of speeding, and assertions of immunity in that situation seem outside the intent of the constitutional provision regarding legislative immunity," said Mr Mesnard.

CBS News reported the Arizona Fraternal Order of Police has revoked its endorsement of Mr Mosley due to his speeding.

In a statement, John Ortolano, the order's president, condemned the lawmaker's "recklessness, his demeanor and his utter disregard for the safety of the public".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44827135

Online ShakaHislop

• Believer
« Reply #43279 on: July 15, 2018, 03:01:25 PM »
Congress Moves to Force Trump to Come Clean on North Korea Talks

A bipartisan group of lawmakers has introduced a bill that would, in the words of an aide involved in the process, give the administration some diplomatic “training wheels” and ensure that officials don’t agree to give away more concessions before North Korea’s nuclear capabilities are fully evaluated.

The North Korea Policy Oversight Act would require the administration to report every 30 days to Congress on the progress of denuclearization talks, and it mandates that the director of national intelligence and the secretary of state brief lawmakers after each round of talks between the two countries. It would also express Congress’ will that any final deal be submitted to the Senate for approval through the treaty process, and that economic sanctions remain in place until Pyongyang takes verifiable steps toward scrapping its nukes. Notably, the legislation also aims to prevent Trump from withdrawing forces from the region—something he has privately mulled.

On Wednesday, Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA), the vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, wrote a letter to Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, asking whether the president’s optimistic statements about Pyongyang’s overall posture are in line with U.S. intelligence assessments.

“I want to get reassured that the intelligence community has not changed its view that North Korea is a threat, because I believe it is still a threat. We have no indication that we’re going to have a verifiable agreement on how we denuclearize,” Warner told The Daily Beast. “We need to make sure responsible folks in the government are telling us as an equal branch of government the full facts and truth.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/congress-moves-to-force-trump-to-come-clean-on-north-korea-talks

Warner's letter

https://www.scribd.com/document/383672861/2018-07-11-Warner-to-Coats-Re-North-Korea