Author Topic: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick  (Read 2702054 times)

Offline Giono

• Believer
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #58240 on: October 9, 2019, 12:10:36 PM »
A lot of states are so red that it doesn't matter if they get independents but as you mention primaries are big factor too. I raise you a Ted Cruz as an example. In a state that is slowly turning Purple, he managed to squeeze out a win. I doubt he won that many independent votes.

Most of them are career politicians, and until they are convinced that going against Trump will help them get re-elected, they won't do a thing.

The problem for them is that even in traditional red or purple states, the urban areas are democrat and the suburban areas are becoming democrat. So those senators who are trying to win state-wide can't totally ignore the suburban vote. Even rural states have big suburban areas, even without large cities.

I don't know if Texas is purple yet. Nobody was calling it purple before Beto. But they have huge sprawling suburbs...that is where the purpling is taking place.

But ai think where the Dems are having their debates is useful. Houston, then Ohio, then Georgia.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2019, 12:14:22 PM by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline demain

• ne sait jamais
  • Kopite
  • 'The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy.'
« Reply #58241 on: October 9, 2019, 12:14:33 PM »
Televangelist Pat Roberston said that President Donald Trump's response to the Jamal Khashoggi killing and the decision to pull support from Kurds in Syria puts Trump "in danger of losing the mandate of heaven."

This more than anything screams to me that Trump is fucked in the election.  :P
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
« Reply #58242 on: October 9, 2019, 12:19:37 PM »
Sharing this from the video thread.  A good watch revealing some of the increasingly desperate maneuvers being deployed by Trump's people. 

Sondland has been subpoenaed; judges are scoffing at the DoJ arguments that Nixon should never have been impeached because the documents used to do so should never have been handed over.  I'm honestly gobsmacked at the number of people burning their careers, risking their very liberty, for a man like Donald J Trump.  Some have no choice, but others must honestly think they can get away with this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XB3XVBAUxq4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XB3XVBAUxq4</a>
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Online Iska

• Believer
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #58243 on: October 9, 2019, 12:28:08 PM »
But senators need independents to win their states. House republicans in gerrymandered districts are safe.
I’ve always found it quite hard to articulate why gerrymandering is so bad, you usually end up with what sounds like a theoretical argument about certain groups being effectively disenfranchised.  But this is a bona fide practical example - it stops people from doing their jobs.

Offline Machae

• Believer
« Reply #58244 on: October 9, 2019, 12:32:06 PM »
Sharing this from the video thread.  A good watch revealing some of the increasingly desperate maneuvers being deployed by Trump's people. 

Sondland has been subpoenaed; judges are scoffing at the DoJ arguments that Nixon should never have been impeached because the documents used to do so should never have been handed over.  I'm honestly gobsmacked at the number of people burning their careers, risking their very liberty, for a man like Donald J Trump.  Some have no choice, but others must honestly think they can get away with this.

This is why I'm hoping if/when Democrats come into power, they go in hard on all those who did President Trumps bidding clearly knowing it was unconstitutional

Online Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #58245 on: October 9, 2019, 12:36:12 PM »
This is why I'm hoping if/when Democrats come into power, they go in hard on all those who did President Trumps bidding clearly knowing it was unconstitutional

They’ll just retire

Offline Giono

• Believer
« Reply #58246 on: October 9, 2019, 12:41:56 PM »
This more than anything screams to me that Trump is fucked in the election.  :P

He was one of the people that would do nothing if he shot someone on 5th ave
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Machae

• Believer
« Reply #58247 on: October 9, 2019, 12:46:31 PM »
They’ll just retire

Well I'm sure they could still be pursued from obstructing justice?

Online Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #58248 on: October 9, 2019, 12:49:40 PM »
Well I'm sure they could still be pursued from obstructing justice?

I doubt it.

Offline Giono

• Believer
« Reply #58249 on: October 9, 2019, 12:54:02 PM »
I’ve always found it quite hard to articulate why gerrymandering is so bad, you usually end up with what sounds like a theoretical argument about certain groups being effectively disenfranchised.  But this is a bona fide practical example - it stops people from doing their jobs.

The interesting thing is that gerrymandering has been about the suburbs. The GoP has designed urban districts that are Dem to be concentrated geographically. But they've paired populous suburban areas where they are strong, but not dominant, with lightly populated rural areas where they are dominant. The general logic is to not have GOP suburban voters drowned out by urban Dem voters.

The problem for the GOP under Trump is they are losing women voters in the suburbs and their rural voters may not be enough of a buffer to keep those districts red. And the suburbs are not as pure white as they used to be.

Offline Giono

• Believer
« Reply #58250 on: October 9, 2019, 12:55:31 PM »
They’ll just retire

Some are retiring but not saying anything out of fear that their hand-picked replacements will be primaried. They may speak up later.

Online Chakan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #58251 on: October 9, 2019, 12:57:44 PM »
Some are retiring but not saying anything out of fear that their hand-picked replacements will be primaried. They may speak up later.

They only grow some balls when they've got nothing to lose, complete cowards the lot of them.

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #58252 on: October 9, 2019, 01:28:59 PM »
I doubt it.

Of course they can.  This situation is far worse than Watergate because Republicans are trying to redefine the constitution and what it actually means to illict corruption.

Retiring from politics doesn't immunise you from prosecution when you've effectively colluded in obstruction of justice.  Parroting to the media that the President was joking about asking China for help isn't illegal - but threatening to leak the identity of the whistleblower, and demanding that Trump has the chance to meet them and question them?  That's collusion in witness intimidation, ergo obstruction.

Stonewalling through the courts is one thing; flat out ignoring subpoenas on the grounds they are "politically motivated" is breaking the law - worse, an attempt to rewrite the law.  The argument will be where the line is drawn between politics and legality, and how much the public interest is served when it comes to determining if the likes of Lindsey Graham or Devin Nunes broke the law, and betrayed the oath of office they took.
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Believer
« Reply #58253 on: October 9, 2019, 01:50:55 PM »
They only grow some balls when they've got nothing to lose, complete cowards the lot of them.

Politicians are only as brave as we allow them to be. And all politics is local.

Offline Giono

• Believer
« Reply #58254 on: October 9, 2019, 01:52:41 PM »
Of course they can.  This situation is far worse than Watergate because Republicans are trying to redefine the constitution and what it actually means to illict corruption.

Retiring from politics doesn't immunise you from prosecution when you've effectively colluded in obstruction of justice.  Parroting to the media that the President was joking about asking China for help isn't illegal - but threatening to leak the identity of the whistleblower, and demanding that Trump has the chance to meet them and question them?  That's collusion in witness intimidation, ergo obstruction.

Stonewalling through the courts is one thing; flat out ignoring subpoenas on the grounds they are "politically motivated" is breaking the law - worse, an attempt to rewrite the law.  The argument will be where the line is drawn between politics and legality, and how much the public interest is served when it comes to determining if the likes of Lindsey Graham or Devin Nunes broke the law, and betrayed the oath of office they took.

Trump is forcing them to ask: "Do we have a king or a president?".

Offline Red Berry

• Believer
« Reply #58255 on: October 9, 2019, 02:43:31 PM »

No.  He's forcing Republicans to ask, "are we okay with having a king, rather than a president?".

It's nice having absolute power when your desires align, but any tyrant will throw you to the wolves (literally in some cases) if they think you've become a problem, or are simply no longer useful.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/50 geek!

• https://soulbearing.home.blog/
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Loves to check his log!
    • 'Soul Bearing' - a very personal blog.
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #58256 on: October 9, 2019, 02:49:31 PM »
Seems more like a choice between a tyrant and a despot.
"Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom." - Rabindranath Tagore.

Offline The Last Known Survivor

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58257 on: October 9, 2019, 09:14:12 PM »
Funnily enough the background theme of growing wealth inequality isn't too different either.  Wealth and land being concentrated in the hands of the few.  Slaves (automation & outsourcing) disrupting employment. 

Hey Trump has even been creating his own proscription list.  Very "fall of the republic".  Though it's probably a great disservice to the senators of the late republic to compare them to the likes of Trump.

Making my way through his podcast series on rome(superb listen¡) and I'm constantly struck at the parallels with the rise of modern populists and Caesar. First as tradegy then as farce eh!

Online ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Believer
« Reply #58258 on: October 9, 2019, 10:12:08 PM »
Democratic presidential hopeful Biden urges Trump impeachment

Former US Vice-President Joe Biden has made his first call for President Donald Trump's impeachment.

The Democratic front-runner in the 2020 presidential race told a rally that Mr Trump had "violated his oath of office" and "committed impeachable acts".

Democrats have launched an impeachment inquiry over claims that Mr Trump illegally pressured a foreign leader to investigate Mr Biden and his son.

Mr Trump denies wrongdoing and has dismissed the probe as a "witch hunt".

On Tuesday the White House said it would not co-operate, arguing that the proceedings were unconstitutional.

Addressing supporters in New Hampshire on Wednesday, Mr Biden said: "President Trump has indicted himself by obstructing justice, refusing to comply with a congressional inquiry. He's already convicted himself."

It was his most forceful response to date.

Previously, the former vice-president had only gone so far as to back an inquiry to gather the facts, even as his top Democratic rivals were calling for impeachment.

Shortly after Mr Biden spoke, Mr Trump hit back at "Sleepy Joe Biden" and his "failing campaign".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49991748

Online ShakaHislop

• Believer
« Reply #58259 on: October 9, 2019, 10:18:46 PM »
Russian trolls' chief target was 'black US voters' in 2016

A Senate inquiry has concluded that a Russian fake-news campaign targeted "no single group... more than African-Americans."

It says Russian operatives used social media to deter black people from voting and planted subtly racist content to incite conflict between ethnicities.

The report comes two years into the Senate Intelligence Committee's investigation into the 2016 election.

Social media firms say they are trying to prevent it from happening again.

Thousands of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and You Tube accounts created by the St. Petersburg-based Internet Research Agency (IRA) were aimed at harming Hillary Clinton's campaign and supporting Donald Trump, the committee concludes.

More than 66% of Facebook adverts posted by the Russian troll farm contained a term related to race.

African-American community voters were discouraged from voting, and from supporting Hillary Clinton.

Posts with the titles "Our Votes Don't Matter," "Don't Vote for Hillary Clinton" and "A Vote for Jill Stein is Not a Wasted Vote" were specifically targeted at black voters, the report says.

An Oxford study cited in the Senate report captures several pictures of Facebook and Instagram posts which it says were created by the Russian operatives.

Oxford's Computational Propaganda Research Project includes pictures of posts which Russian operatives posted on Facebook and Instagram.

In these posts, operatives were told to avoid racial slurs but still post racist content, the report says, in order to evade the attention of social media monitors and not have their ads taken down.

IRA posts like this one, which pictured the confederate flag and included issues connected with the political argument about gun ownership, were meant to create conflict on social media, the report says.

The Senate intelligence report says posts were aimed at making Americans suspicious of one another, and of the US government.

Russian ads aimed at African-Americans mimicked social justice movements that were already active in the black community, and tried to create a negative response from other US ethnic groups, the report says.

The Black Matters Facebook page, created by Russian operatives, was meant to imitate the Black Lives Matters movement, which campaigned against racism.

One of the Black Matters posts, pictured above, advertised a rally for Eric Garner, who was put by police in a chokehold before he died in custody.

Daniel Pantaleo, the policeman involved, lost his job but was not criminally charged.

Garner's dying words "I can't breathe" became a rallying cry for protests against police brutality.

Other IRA ads and social media did not contain any political content at all. They were meant to go viral and gain followers.

This post by IRA account @blackstagram_ _ used a picture of a prominent social media influencer, Janee Allure. It received 111,102 likes with the hashtags, #blackexcellence and #blackgirlmagic.

Another image posted on Instagram featured a young girl in a rainbow dress with hashtags that mentioned community pride and Black History Month. It was shared 168,998 times.

Facebook users engaged 11.2 million times with a top-performing page, "Blacktivist", which was created by the Russian agency.

Almost 100% of its YouTube content involved videos of violence perpetrated against African-American men, says the report.

Alleged police brutality against African-Americans featured on Blacktivist video and Instagram posts as well as news stories with racial undertones, like the NFL kneeling protests.

Facebook says it has doubled the number of people working on safety and security, and just last month met several government agencies including the FBI, as well as academics, to prevent Russian influence in the 2020 elections.

The social media site says it takes down millions of fake accounts a day, and has improved its response results across all of its teams.

"We have stepped up our efforts to build strong defences on multiple fronts...We have also invested in technology and people to block and remove fake accounts; find and remove co-ordinated manipulation campaigns; and bring unprecedented transparency to political advertising." Facebook said.

Google said: "Videos on YouTube are viewable by anyone. Users can create videos intended for certain audiences, but there is no way to target by race".

Twitter said that it received no information from the US government before the 2016 election about a state-sponsored operation.

Since "discovering the issue," a spokeswoman from Twitter said it was working with law enforcement and the FBI as well as the Department of Homeland Security, and had conducted a public investigation into the events of 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49987657

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #58260 on: October 9, 2019, 10:20:15 PM »

And in video form:
https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1182037763648036867

Really makes you think. Specifically it makes you think 'He's dumber than my stupid dumb cat, and he's been dead 7 years'.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Believer
« Reply #58261 on: October 9, 2019, 10:21:51 PM »
Making my way through his podcast series on rome(superb listen¡) and I'm constantly struck at the parallels with the rise of modern populists and Caesar. First as tradegy then as farce eh!

All these Roman analogies just make me imagine how Trump would manage Latin grammar. "Ego no... es una pupae... Vobis, er, sum... pupa..."

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58262 on: October 9, 2019, 10:37:03 PM »

Online ShakaHislop

• Believer
« Reply #58263 on: October 9, 2019, 10:53:57 PM »
Harry Dunn crash: Mum appeals for US suspect's return

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-49945461

Harry Dunn crash: Parents 'let down' by UK and US governments

The family at the centre of a row over diplomatic immunity after their son died in a car crash described a meeting with Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab as feeling like a "publicity stunt".

Harry Dunn, 19, died in a crash with a Volvo in Northamptonshire on 27 August.

American diplomat's wife Anne Sacoolas, suspected of driving the other vehicle, later left the UK to return to the US.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has spoken to President Trump who told a press briefing Harry's death was a "terrible accident".

Police have said CCTV of the crash which killed the teenager shows the Volvo travelling on the wrong side of the road.

Speaking after his conversation with the prime minister, President Trump said: "The woman was driving on the wrong side of the road, and that can happen.

"You know, those are the opposite roads, that happens. I won't say it ever happened to me, but it did.

"So a young man was killed, the person that was driving the automobile has diplomatic immunity, we're going to speak to her very shortly and see if we can do something where they meet.

"It was an accident, it was a terrible accident."

After meeting the foreign secretary, Harry's mother Charlotte Charles said she felt "let down" by both the UK and US governments.

She said: "I can't really see the point as to why we were invited to see Dominic Raab. We are no further forward than where we were this time last week.

"Part of me is feeling like it was just a publicity stunt on the UK Government side to show they are trying to help.

"But, although he is engaging with us, we have no answers. We are really frustrated that we could spend half an hour or more with him and just come out with nothing."

Together with Harry's father Tim Dunn, she met Mr Raab in the hope he would urge the US to waive Ms Sacoolas' diplomatic immunity.

Mr Dunn said: "I felt extremely let down by the Government today, or by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

"I'm deeply, deeply disappointed that they think it's okay to kill a young lad on his bike and they can just walk away.

"I don't think the government or the Commonwealth Office have any clout to do anything."

Number 10 said the Prime Minister urged US President Donald Trump to reconsider its decision to allow Ms Sacoolas immunity so "the individual involved can return to the UK, cooperate with police and allow Harry's family to receive justice".

Downing Street said the "leaders agreed to work together to find a way forward as soon as possible" during their conversation on Wednesday evening.

Following the meeting with Harry's parents, the foreign secretary said: "I share the frustration of Harry's mother and father.

"They have lost their son and the justice process is not being allowed to properly run its course."

Meanwhile, Ms Charles urged Ms Sacoolas to do the "humane thing to do and get on a plane and come back".

Their lawyer Radd Seiger said they were in talks to launch a civil case against Ms Sacoolas and they were "going to Washington soon to help us get that justice for Harry".

He also invited the US President to meet the family about the case.

"If meeting with President Trump would help us get a step closer to seek justice for Harry, to get justice for that boy who died that night needlessly, one of the most wonderful kids in our community, if that's what it takes then I will extend an invitation now to President Trump.

"Meet us. Let's have a chat. Nobody wants to litigate."

Mr Johnson had already urged the US to reconsider its decision to allow Ms Sacoolas immunity, while Mr Raab has previously spoken to the US ambassador and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

Northamptonshire's chief constable and its police and crime commissioner have also urged the Americans to waive Ms Sacoolas's diplomatic immunity.

About 23,000 individuals in the UK have diplomatic immunity, a status reserved for foreign diplomats and their families, as long as they don't have British citizenship.

It is granted by the 1961 Vienna Convention and means that, in theory, diplomats cannot face court proceedings for any crime or civil case.

The convention also states that those entitled to immunity are expected to obey the law.

Where crimes are committed, the Foreign Office can ask a foreign government to waive immunity where they feel it is appropriate.

Diplomatic immunity is by no means restricted to those named on the Diplomatic List from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

Drivers, cooks and other support staff whose names do not appear, but have been accredited to Britain ("the receiving state") have the same diplomatic status and immunity as those who are listed.

Equally, there are a number of foreign nationals in Britain attached to international organizations who have the same status and protection.

Harry Dunn died after his Kawasaki motorcycle was in a crash with a black Volvo XC90 in Croughton, close to an RAF base.

He was taken to Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford where he died.

Chief Constable Nick Adderley said "based on CCTV evidence", officers knew that "a vehicle alighted from the RAF base at Croughton" and was "on the wrong side of the road".

He said the suspect, Ms Sacoolas, had "engaged fully" following the crash and said "she had no plans to leave the country in the near future".

However, she then left for the United States and has not returned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-49986700

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #58264 on: October 9, 2019, 11:07:53 PM »
Speaking after his conversation with the prime minister, President Trump said: "The woman was driving on the wrong side of the road, and that can happen.

"You know, those are the opposite roads, that happens. I won't say it ever happened to me, but it did."
"I have the best words." ::)

Fucking ape.

Offline mallin9

• Believer
« Reply #58265 on: October 9, 2019, 11:20:32 PM »

The History of Rome podcast, so so good
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse "Ridiculously cool" -TAW-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice for Neda
« Reply #58266 on: October 10, 2019, 01:09:34 AM »
FOX News
Fox News Poll: Record support for Trump impeachment
 Dana Blanton
2 hrs ago

Just over half of voters want President Trump impeached and removed from office, according to a Fox News Poll released Wednesday.

A new high of 51 percent wants Trump impeached and removed from office, another 4 percent want him impeached but not removed, and 40 percent oppose impeachment altogether. In July, 42 percent favored impeachment and removal, while 5 percent said impeach but don’t remove him, and 45 percent opposed impeachment.

Since July, support for impeachment increased among voters of all stripes: up 11 points among Democrats, 5 points among Republicans, and 3 among independents. Support also went up among some of Trump’s key constituencies, including white evangelical Christians (+5 points), white men without a college degree (+8), and rural whites (+10).

Among voters in swing counties (where Hillary Clinton and Trump were within 10 points in 2016), support for impeachment increased to 52 percent, up from 42 percent in July.

A lot has happened since the July Fox poll on impeachment -- namely, the launch of an impeachment inquiry in the House following allegations Trump improperly pressured Ukraine to investigate the Bidens’ dealings in that country. The 9-point increase in support for impeachment since July, however, doesn’t appear to be based solely on the latest allegations. To that point, more Democrats favor impeaching Trump (85 percent) than consider his call with Ukraine’s president an impeachable offense (76 percent). The same holds true among independents: 39 percent favor impeachment, while 30 percent describe the Ukraine call as impeachable.

The 4-in-10 voters opposing impeachment give a variety of reasons, including: Trump did nothing wrong (21 percent), it is politically motivated (20 percent), and don’t believe allegations (15 percent).

Approval of Trump’s job performance is down a couple points to 43 percent, while 55 percent disapprove. Last month, it was 45-54 percent.  Currently, 86 percent of Republicans approve compared to 89 percent in September.

Some 51 percent of voters think the Trump administration is more corrupt than previous administrations, up from 46 percent last month.

By a 66-25 percent margin, voters say it is generally inappropriate for Trump to ask foreign leaders to investigate political rivals.

When asked about Trump’s phone call with his Ukrainian counterpart that is at the heart of the impeachment inquiry, 17 percent believe it was appropriate. Most either describe it as an impeachable offense (43 percent) or as inappropriate but not impeachable (27 percent).

Trump has called the Ukraine phone call “perfect.” Even some Republicans aren’t convinced: 9 percent say it was an impeachable offense, 38 percent inappropriate but not impeachable, and 36 percent appropriate.

Overall, by an 11-point margin, more voters believe Trump is “getting what he deserves” rather than that the impeachment inquiry is driven by “people out to get him.”

During President Bill Clinton’s 1998 impeachment, by a 3-point margin, more thought “people were out to get” him than believed Clinton was “getting what he deserved.”

Meanwhile, voters think President Trump is just out for himself. Fifty-five percent overall and 18 percent of Republicans say he is doing what’s best for Trump. Thirty-nine percent think he puts the country first.

Thirty-eight percent find the situation surrounding Trump’s dealings with Ukraine extremely troubling, while 19 percent say the same about the allegations about Biden and his son’s business dealings in Ukraine.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s personal favorability rating is under water by 6 points (42 percent favorable vs. 48 percent unfavorable). Still, that’s a new high, and gives her the highest favorable rating of Capitol Hill leadership tested in the poll.

House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-CA) is also viewed more negatively than positively by 6 points (27-33), although 4 voters in 10 are unable to rate him.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is in negative territory by 23 points (26-49) and 25 percent can’t rate him. Voters have a negative view of both Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani by 22 points (31-53) and Attorney General William Barr by 14 points (24-38).

Trump’s popularity ticked up a point since the inquiry: 43-56 percent vs. 42-56 percent in August.

Hillary Clinton’s ratings roughly match Trump’s:  41 percent favorable, 54 percent unfavorable. The previous Fox News poll showed her at 40-57 percent in June 2017.

Vice President Mike Pence stands at 40-49 percent compared to 39-48 percent two months ago.

Trump has an 84 percent favorable among Republicans compared to 70 percent for Pence and 43 percent for McConnell, while 69 percent of Democrats have a favorable view of Pelosi.

More have a positive rather than a negative view of the Democratic Party by 2 points (49 favorable vs. 47 unfavorable), while the Republican Party is under water by 15 (40-55).  Part of that is explained by more Democrats (85 percent favorable) viewing their party positively than Republicans do theirs (79 percent favorable).

Voters are inclined to see the motives of Republican lawmakers as more political. By a 3-point margin, more think congressional Democrats truly believe Trump committed an impeachable offense than say Democrats just want to hurt him politically.

On the other side, by a 23-point margin, more think congressional Republicans just want to protect Trump politically than say GOP lawmakers sincerely believe what he did is not impeachable.

Overall, voters remain dissatisfied with the job Congress is doing: 21 percent approve, while 63 percent disapprove.  In May, it was 21-66 percent.

Conducted October 6-8, 2019 under the joint direction of Beacon Research (D) and Shaw & Company (R), this Fox News Poll includes interviews with 1,003 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide who spoke with live interviewers on both landlines and cellphones. The poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points for all registered voters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fox-news-poll-record-support-for-trump-impeachment/ar-AAIxxhs?ocid=spartandhp
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”

― Ronald Wright, A Short History of Progress

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #58267 on: October 10, 2019, 01:57:37 AM »

And in video form:

Really makes you think. Specifically it makes you think 'He's dumber than my stupid dumb cat, and he's been dead 7 years'.

FFS

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer
« Reply #58268 on: October 10, 2019, 02:23:18 AM »

And in video form:

Where were the South Korean's and the Japanese during Normandy?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Chakan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #58269 on: October 10, 2019, 02:27:29 AM »

Don’t even bother mate, seriously it’ll do your head in.

Has to be one the stupidest comments he’s ever made and that’s saying something

Offline leroy

• Believer
« Reply #58270 on: October 10, 2019, 05:03:35 AM »

Death Throes of the Republic by Dan Carlin amazing on that front mate.

This kind of thing is so depressing and the perfect answer to people who don't think they cant get anything valuable from learning about our collective history. 

Offline leroy

• Believer
« Reply #58271 on: October 10, 2019, 05:08:26 AM »

Maybe that's why he's got such a problem with China.  Nowhere to be seen in the European theatre those slackers!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer
« Reply #58272 on: October 10, 2019, 07:37:24 AM »
Harry Dunn crash: Parents 'let down' by UK and US governments

"You know, those are the opposite roads, that happens. I won't say it ever happened to me, but it did.

"So a young man was killed, the person that was driving the automobile has diplomatic immunity, we're going to speak to her very shortly and see if we can do something where they meet.

"It was an accident, it was a terrible accident."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-49986700

Jabin Botsford
@jabinbotsford
#trumpnotes @realDonaldTrump (If Raised) Note, as @SecPompeo told Foreign Secretary @DominicRaab that the spouse of the U.S. Government employee will not return to the United Kingdom. @SkyNews

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Believer
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #58273 on: October 10, 2019, 08:20:04 AM »

I`m reminded of this story, doesnt matter if it`s true or not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Kyoungjong
"Nobody knows anything..." William Goldman.

XB1 Gamertag: BrothersYork

Offline 24/50 geek!

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #58274 on: October 10, 2019, 09:31:26 AM »
"Accident"?!?! It's criminal negligence!!!!! Fucking hell......

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer
« Reply #58275 on: October 10, 2019, 09:36:14 AM »
"Accident"?!?! It's criminal negligence!!!!! Fucking hell......

Be interesting the next time an undocumented immigrant is involved in a fatal car crash in the US.

Offline 24/50 geek!

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #58276 on: October 10, 2019, 10:02:50 AM »
Be interesting the next time an undocumented immigrant is involved in a fatal car crash in the US.
They'll be fine if they have............

Offline Andy82lfc

• Believer
« Reply #58277 on: October 10, 2019, 10:13:44 AM »
They'll be fine if they have............

Haha - everytime I see or read about it the past week all I hear in my head is that actor  ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #58278 on: October 10, 2019, 10:51:25 AM »
Haha - everytime I see or read about it the past week all I hear in my head is that actor  ;D

Same. But I also think of his spunky backpack.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Iska

• Believer
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #58279 on: October 10, 2019, 10:58:07 AM »
FOX News
Fox News Poll: Record support for Trump impeachment
 Dana Blanton
2 hrs ago

Just over half of voters want President Trump impeached and removed from office, according to a Fox News Poll released Wednesday.

A new high of 51 percent wants Trump impeached and removed from office, another 4 percent want him impeached but not removed, and 40 percent oppose impeachment altogether. In July, 42 percent favored impeachment and removal, while 5 percent said impeach but don’t remove him, and 45 percent opposed impeachment.
These numbers are incredible, for a process that’s only just started.  And it’s not like anything he’s doing right now is likely to reduce them.