Author Topic: Spurs  (Read 706542 times)

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #12400 on: May 17, 2018, 07:51:09 PM »
who the flying feck cares what those London evertonians think?

This.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12401 on: May 17, 2018, 07:53:42 PM »
In fairness, I am perpetually obsessed with taking Anfield up to and beyond the capacity of Megalane. Keeps me up at nights, it does. Well, a combination of that and weeping about how poor our style of football is compared to theirs, and how we finished below them in the league. I'm so depressed about it all I can't find an ounce of enjoyment in my entire being for our upcoming European Final.

Same goes for the rest of you, you just can't admit it to yourselves.

At least your head hasn't fallen off, yet.

Offline The North Bank

• Believer
« Reply #12402 on: May 17, 2018, 09:45:26 PM »
Liverpool fans are deluded, thinking that getting to a CL final is bigger than finishing 3rd and being the best 2nd best team over the last 3 years (Excluding August , October, and March)

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
« Reply #12403 on: May 17, 2018, 09:56:57 PM »
Liverpool fans are deluded, thinking that getting to a CL final is bigger than finishing 3rd and being the best 2nd best team over the last 3 years (Excluding August , October, and March)

and finishing 3rd in a two horse race

Offline darragh85

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12404 on: May 17, 2018, 10:14:52 PM »

and failing to win when leicester was your challenger.

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12405 on: May 17, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »

And losing an FA Cup semi final at home.
I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

Offline Son of Spion

• Believer
  • Siempre, Antifa, Antifascista.
« Reply #12406 on: May 17, 2018, 10:40:07 PM »
Since when have Spurs ever been relevant to us?

I couldn't give a shit about them. They aren't even the biggest club in North London. I'll always respect Arsenal, but Spurs have never been on the radar.

Are they another club trying to drum up a plastic 'rivalry' with us when we actually don't give a crap about them?

It's laughable.  :D
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12407 on: May 17, 2018, 10:44:41 PM »

But they beat Real Madrid!

Offline Old Saint Nick Wants An Xmas 69!

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12408 on: May 17, 2018, 11:48:48 PM »

Offline Red_Rich

• Believer
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #12409 on: May 18, 2018, 12:05:07 AM »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12410 on: May 18, 2018, 12:55:42 AM »
And losing an FA Cup semi final at home.

Lol.

Online Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Believer
« Reply #12411 on: May 18, 2018, 09:24:28 AM »
Are they another club trying to drum up a plastic 'rivalry' with us when we actually don't give a crap about them?

It's laughable.  :D

Says the man posting a message about the team he doesn't give a crap about on a 300+ page topic  ;D

Offline Raaphael

• Teenaage Mutaant Ninjaa Tuurtle..
  • Believer
  • Poetry in Motion
« Reply #12412 on: May 18, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »
The Everton of London. I like that. Should be the only name used about them from now on.

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12413 on: May 18, 2018, 09:52:20 AM »
Says the man posting a message about the team he doesn't give a crap about on a 300+ page topic  ;D

A topic that is 4 years old at this point though on a site with thousands of posters doesn't seem that busy. It probably puts you at a similar rate as Chelsea, City and Newcastle, even now your numbers were obviously boosted when primatroll was around too.  ;D

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12414 on: May 18, 2018, 10:17:23 AM »
I like the casual "finished above them what is it 8 out of the last 9 seasons?" as if he doesn't slice a notch into his arm every season with a carving knife  ;D

Nice bonus of winning the CL would be able to shut down all these small time bragging points they're clinging to like attendance, top scorer, finishing 3rd or 4th, best wage bill etc.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12415 on: May 18, 2018, 10:56:06 AM »

Who do you think you’ll be signing this summer Tommy?

And any departures? Will Alderweireld be off and if so, who to?

Online Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Believer
« Reply #12416 on: May 18, 2018, 11:24:42 AM »
Who do you think you’ll be signing this summer Tommy?

And any departures? Will Alderweireld be off and if so, who to?

No idea to the first part - we desperately need some kind of alternative to Kane though. I'd like to see some quality competition brought in for Lloris too - he had a very dodgy season by his standards. Mostly squad improvements needed though I think.

I imagine Toby will leave unfortunately. Llorente and Janssen will go too I'd have thought. And hopefully Sissokko  :D I'd have fancied Rose to go as well, but he had such a mare of a season after gobbing off last year that I'm not sure too many clubs will be interested now unless he has an amazing World Cup.

I'd like to think we'll get another year out of Dembele as for my money he's our best midfielder - certainly my favourite player in a Spurs shirt. Think his career is coming to an end though because of his injuries so he might look for one last pay day.

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12417 on: May 18, 2018, 11:29:03 AM »
Cheers. Must be hard to get a quality striker in because they know they’ll play second fiddle to Kane so you end up either taking a punt on someone looking to take a step up (Janssen) or an experienced pro happy to have less game time (Llorente).

We need more attacking options but hopefully it’s easier to persuade someone who can cover all the front three that they’ll still get plenty of game time.

I can see United going for Rose and/or Alder...Toby, they’re hardly out off by paying big fees and wages for the short term.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12418 on: May 18, 2018, 11:32:17 AM »

;D ;D

You guys have done well over the past few years, but getting aspirations of rising above your station....time to wind your neck in, i'm pretty sure we've more league titles against all your trophies.... ever.

You're Everton 'lite' - time to get back in your box.

Offline Kekuleyule y'all!

• Believer
« Reply #12419 on: May 18, 2018, 11:37:55 AM »
Imagine referring to your new stadium as "mega" when they are at least three in the same city that are significantly larger.

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12420 on: May 18, 2018, 11:44:08 AM »
Imagine referring to your new stadium as "mega" when they are at least three in the same city that are significantly larger.

Wembley and Twickenham? And the Olympic Stadium? Thought that was down to about 60k now.

Offline Kekuleyule y'all!

• Believer
« Reply #12421 on: May 18, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »
Wembley and Twickenham? And the Olympic Stadium? Thought that was down to about 60k now.

66k now isn’t it?

Point remains though, it’s hardly “mega”.

Offline Jookie

• Believer
« Reply #12422 on: May 18, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »
Why do Spurs and City fans seem to want a generate a rivalry with us? Looking at their fans on social media (i know that's a dangerous thing) there seems to be an incredible amount of sniping at Liverpool at the moment.

I'm literally not arsed about Spurs or City. No Liverpool supporter should be. OK they are a rival for Top 4 or maybe even trophies but they aren't someone we need to have a fierce rivalry with.

Everton and United are our rivals. The team we should dislike the most. Argument could be made for Chelsea as the 3rd team. But that's based on a number of factors -  oil money, right wing supporter base, Mourinho, players you could despise (John Terry, Lampard, Joe Cole, Robben) being from London, playing them in the CL KO stages 4 out of 5 seasons, plastic flags etc.. They were for a time the complete opposite to what we value about our club and rivalry built up very quickly. Spurs and City have 1 or 2 elements of those things at most. They aren't important to us in terms of rivalry though we may compete for some of the same things occasionally,

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12423 on: May 18, 2018, 12:08:17 PM »
66k now isn’t it?

Point remains though, it’s hardly “mega”.

Depends on your definition of 'mega' - to the spuds, watching Liverpool compete for their 6th European Cup is 'Mega' - well so long as Harry big bollocks doesn't claim it as his own....

Online Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #12424 on: May 18, 2018, 12:57:16 PM »
The Everton of London. I like that. Should be the only name used about them from now on.

As I have said many times, they wish they were Everton. Everton have won the league nine times.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA
www.twitter.com/AndrewNessy

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #12425 on: May 18, 2018, 12:59:46 PM »
;D ;D

You guys have done well over the past few years, but getting aspirations of rising above your station....time to wind your neck in, i'm pretty sure we've more league titles against all your trophies.... ever.

You're Everton 'lite' - time to get back in your box.

Aspirations above their station? What are they supposed to do? Not dream? Not have ambitions of being a top club? I'm not a big fan of Spurs, but come on.
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12426 on: May 18, 2018, 01:34:25 PM »
Aspirations above their station? What are they supposed to do? Not dream? Not have ambitions of being a top club? I'm not a big fan of Spurs, but come on.

Let them win something silver - then shout about it..... before even daring to being in a hairs breath of the word 'Liverpool football club' yes they should dream, they should imagine 18 league trophies and 5 European Cups....that's what dreams are made of.  :wave :wave

Shite insignificant club.... still are.

Offline Jookie

• Believer
« Reply #12427 on: May 18, 2018, 02:07:38 PM »
Let them win something silver - then shout about it..... before even daring to being in a hairs breath of the word 'Liverpool football club' yes they should dream, they should imagine 18 league trophies and 5 European Cups....that's what dreams are made of.  :wave :wave

Shite insignificant club.... still are.

I get being proud of Liverpool's achievements .

I get no being arsed about Spurs.

I don't get Spurs fans looking to creating rivalry with us.

But don't get the above. Just because Spurs haven't won as much as us doesn't make them an 'shite insignificant club'. They have been and still are one of the biggest clubs in this country. They've won 15 major honours. Not looked but doubt there's many teams who have won more.

Online sms1986

• Seemingly Mindless Extremely Lippy Twat. Comes from Preston so is a bad fucking ted. Wool. RAWK Spoilsport.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12428 on: May 18, 2018, 02:10:12 PM »

But don't get the above. Just because Spurs haven't won as much as us doesn't make them an 'shite insignificant club'. They have been and still are one of the biggest clubs in this country. They've won 15 major honours. Not looked but doubt there's many teams who have won more.

They're the seventh most successful in England - https://www.totalsportek.com/list/most-successful-clubs-in-english-football-history/.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12429 on: May 18, 2018, 02:11:57 PM »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12430 on: May 18, 2018, 02:15:09 PM »

:lmao

Offline Jookie

• Believer
« Reply #12431 on: May 18, 2018, 02:37:58 PM »
They're the seventh most successful in England - https://www.totalsportek.com/list/most-successful-clubs-in-english-football-history/.

I'm really not arsed about Spurs but I'd say 7th most successful club is quite good personally.

If that's an insignificant shite club then I'm not sure how you would describe the other 90 or so professional clubs in England.

Whilst not being arsed about Spurs I will rally against the attitude that they are a shit club. In the same way I'd rally against Chelsea, City supporters saying we are no longer a big club because we've won 1 trophy in nearly 12 seasons.

Online Djozer

• Believer
« Reply #12432 on: May 18, 2018, 02:50:43 PM »

This may get me labelled a "Spurs-lover" or something similar, but I agree with the above. Spurs are a club with a proud history, a "big" club if you will. Not as "big" as us historically, but to be honest I find all the footy club cock-measuring stuff tedious as fuck, whoever it's coming from. We're Liverpool, we're great. Actually we're better than that, we're fucking ace, but we don't need to go trumpeting it all the time, we should just know it and accept it. Other clubs can believe what they like about their relative "size," whether historically or by some other intangible metric that I don't really understand. If they also want to regard themselves as "big," then why should it matter to us? Who gives a fuck really?

Yeah, the manufacturing a rivalry is weird as anything, but if it makes them happy they can go for it. We can just ignore them. We don't, judging by the size of this thread (and I'm as guilty as anyone), and it's probably indicative of them having genuinely become a good side over the last few years, but maybe we should. I think it's amusing that some on that board that screenshots were posted of genuinely seem to believe that we're massively bothered by them, but if it makes them happy then so be it. Don't really care.

Personally, I like to give them a modicum of respect, in the same way that I'll give respect to any team whose style of play I like. Them and City are the only other English clubs whose games I'll happily watch out of choice if we're not playing, and I think there's something to be said for that. I think they've also done pretty well over the past few years with a relatively small transfer budget and a wage budget half of most other top six clubs, so kudos there too. Yeah, their diving and snidery at Anfield was shitty and some of their fans are hugely irritating, but our players go down softly too at times (not as frequently, but it happens) and I'm sure loads of their fans find us irritating too.

Generally though, I just can't find it within myself to care too much one way or the other about Spurs. As Jookie said, the rivalry, for me at least, is pretty much: Everton/Utd--------------Chelsea----------------the rest. Spurs don't come into it, and I doubt they ever will.

With all that said, it still bothers me hugely that Megalane will be bigger than Anfield. I mean, one stadium being bigger than another? Awful, awful stuff for the club which has the smaller stadium, incredibly embarrassing, devastating, a modern tragedy in three parts. Might as well get it over with and commit collective Seppuku now.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:03:11 PM by Djozer »

Offline Jookie

• Believer
« Reply #12433 on: May 18, 2018, 03:04:43 PM »
snip

Sounds like you should go and support Spurs if you love them so much  ;)

Well said and exactly how I feel.

Online Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #12434 on: May 18, 2018, 03:14:00 PM »
I'm really not arsed about Spurs but I'd say 7th most successful club is quite good personally.

If that's an insignificant shite club then I'm not sure how you would describe the other 90 or so professional clubs in England.

Whilst not being arsed about Spurs I will rally against the attitude that they are a shit club. In the same way I'd rally against Chelsea, City supporters saying we are no longer a big club because we've won 1 trophy in nearly 12 seasons.

The other 90 or so aren't giving it Billy Big Balls after a draw in Turin.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA
www.twitter.com/AndrewNessy

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #12435 on: May 18, 2018, 03:14:33 PM »
This may get me labelled a "Spurs-lover" or something similar, but I agree with the above. Spurs are a club with a proud history, a "big" club if you will. Not as "big" as us historically, but to be honest I find all the footy club cock-measuring stuff tedious as fuck, whoever it's coming from. We're Liverpool, we're great. Actually we're better than that, we're fucking ace, but we don't need to go trumpeting it all the time, we should just know it and accept it. Other clubs can believe what they like about their relative "size," whether historically or by some other intangible metric that I don't really understand. If they also want to regard themselves as "big," then why should it matter to us? Who gives a fuck really?

Yeah, the manufacturing a rivalry is weird as anything, but if it makes them happy they can go for it. We can just ignore them. We don't, judging by the size of this thread (and I'm as guilty as anyone), and it's probably indicative of them having genuinely become a good side over the last few years, but maybe we should. I think it's amusing that some on that board that screenshots were posted of genuinely seem to believe that we're massively bothered by them, but if it makes them happy then so be it. Don't really care.

Personally, I like to give them a modicum of respect, in the same way that I'll give respect to any team whose style of play I like. Them and City are the only other English clubs whose games I'll happily watch out of choice if we're not playing, and I think there's something to be said for that. I think they've also done pretty well over the past few years with a relatively small transfer budget and a wage budget half of most other top six clubs, so kudos there too. Yeah, their diving and snidery at Anfield was shitty and some of their fans are hugely irritating, but our players go down softly too at times (not as frequently, but it happens) and I'm sure loads of their fans find us irritating too.

:puke2

Offline Old Saint Nick Wants An Xmas 69!

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12436 on: May 18, 2018, 03:14:36 PM »
Spurs and Man City don't like us because we are direct rivals and at the moment they've had better seasons than us (Many City for sure, Spurs I'd say they have not, but their fans probably disagree). However, we could prove to have better season than either of them 8 days from now.  They're desperate for us to lose.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12437 on: May 18, 2018, 03:18:19 PM »

Spot on.

Offline Raaphael

• Teenaage Mutaant Ninjaa Tuurtle..
  • Believer
  • Poetry in Motion
« Reply #12438 on: May 18, 2018, 03:18:55 PM »
Spurs and Man City don't like us because we are direct rivals and at the moment they've had better seasons than us (Many City for sure, Spurs I'd say they have not, but their fans probably disagree). However, we could prove to have better season than either of them 8 days from now.  They're desperate for us to lose.

I think some of their fans have started to pretend that they are somewhat on our level when it comes to being big clubs. Which they are nowhere near.

Offline Jookie

• Believer
« Reply #12439 on: May 18, 2018, 03:22:40 PM »

Why are you arsed about that? And are you talking about Spurs fans on social media?

Because if you are taking about Spurs fans on Twitter etc. then they may not be representative of the entire fanbase. In the same way most of the vocal meffs who support us on Twitter are not representative of our match going fans.

I don't get this one upmanship about absolutely everything in football nowadays. I'm only arsed about us, United and Everton. All other teams mean fuck all to me. I can't get het up about them at all. However, I'm self aware enough to know that not every club that is smaller than us (basically everyone apart from united) is an 'insignificant shite club'.

What would you think if Real Madrid fans said that about us? Compared to 33 league titles, 19 domestic cups & 12 European cups we've not won anything like them. Should we be giving it the 'billy big bollocks' because we beat Roma. Of course we fucking should. And so should Spurs when they beat Juve. It was a bug thing for me. The key is to take no fucking notice of them because they don't matter.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:28:55 PM by Jookie »