Author Topic: General ShitChat thread #2 - back for another round!  (Read 421215 times)

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Believer
Re: General ShitChat thread #2 - back for another round!
« Reply #5920 on: June 19, 2014, 10:42:39 AM »
honestly dont hink we have bid anywhere near the 25millon being banded about, reckon we are offering well short that figure

Online mc_red22

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5921 on: June 19, 2014, 10:45:22 AM »
honestly dont hink we have bid anywhere near the 25millon being banded about, reckon we are offering well short that figure

If the Alberto Moreno offer is anything to go by then I completely agree with you.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5922 on: June 19, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »

So all the reliable papers are wrong? It seems it's just we offered some in bonuses/installments which Southampton don't want.

If the Alberto Moreno offer is anything to go by then I completely agree with you.

What's the Moreno offer then?

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Believer
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #5923 on: June 19, 2014, 10:50:42 AM »
SO the take it or leave it offer for Lallana wasn't a take it or leave it offer at all? No club will believe us when we use that tactic again.
It was take this bid leave it as we will come with another one. 
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
« Reply #5924 on: June 19, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
Bet you wouldnt care if we done exactly the same thing with Barca over Sanchez or Pedro though (who we wont be signing anyway, btw)?

If you do a take it or leave it offer you should be prepared to walk away whoever the player. It doesn't matter. As clubs in the future will remember this.

But this is for Lallana a supposed £30m rated player who can't get ahead of Danny Welbeck in the national team.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Believer
« Reply #5925 on: June 19, 2014, 11:08:26 AM »

But this is for Lallana a supposed £30m rated player who can't get ahead of Danny Welbeck in the national team.

Yeah, but you seem to be forgetting who the England manager is, and the players he classes as good quality. See Poulsen and Konchesky

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #5926 on: June 19, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »
If you do a take it or leave it offer you should be prepared to walk away whoever the player. It doesn't matter. As clubs in the future will remember this.

Well if Hodgson doesn't rate him then he mustn't be very good.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Believer
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #5927 on: June 19, 2014, 11:11:51 AM »

Dont know what the fuck that has to do with anything but you do realise who is manager of the England team?!:D
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
« Reply #5928 on: June 19, 2014, 11:25:23 AM »
No one knows how much money we've bid for these players.

No one here has a clue on what represents "a good deal" or value for money - including me!

Only important fact is that we complete deals for good players than Brendan wants and who fit in.

Good players (for me) include:

Adam Lallana. Shaquiri. Lovren. Alexis Sanchez. Moreno. Rodriguez. Vidal (no chance), Lazar Markovic (not seen him though).

So we wait and see.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Believer
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #5929 on: June 19, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »
 Lazar Markovic (not seen him though).
:o
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Believer
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
    • Some Film Reviews what I dun
« Reply #5930 on: June 19, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »
:P

I know, looked good in the rumour write ups, if only I was an international scout like some on here!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Believer
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #5931 on: June 19, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »
Crazy talk sometimes people will say just about anything and people believe. Sanchez can't play with Suarez and would only work as replacement based on what? Other than they never played together so no one would have one bit of clue.

No one said anything like that. Willfully stupid people who want to be constantly dismissive interpreted it as that.

And in doing so seem to be pigeonholing Lionel Messi as some sort of goal-hanger who doesn't move around the pitch or pass to his teammates. As if that's a less stupid opinion than pointing out that Sanchez's best form has come when he's the big fish. At Udinese, at Chile and at Barcelona. ... And y'know, he wouldn't be at Liverpool.

But hey, it's a nonsense opinion to think some players work best as focal point in their team and Sanchez, like Suarez, is one of them. If it were as simple as sticking as many together as possible, then it wouldn't be Pedro whose been Barcelona's 2nd best attacker the last 5 years. It'd be Henry, or Ibrahimovic, or Villa, or Sanchez, or Neymar.

And before the fucking morons try and tell me what I mean - I'd fucking love to sign Sanchez. I just don't think he'd be as effective personally alongside Suarez as he would be as a replacement. The gall!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:39:08 AM by Juan Loco »
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5932 on: June 19, 2014, 12:09:31 PM »
If we were to do a player exchange for llalana, say with Borini, I guess that wouldn't affect the amount they have to pay the full amount to Bournemouth.....is there a way round that?
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline medicineboy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5933 on: June 19, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »
Bild, Mail and people of twitter saying we're looking likely to sign Shaqiri.... again. People who have seen more of him than youtube vids; How does he rate compared to the likes of Pedro and Sanchez and the likes?

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Believer
« Reply #5934 on: June 19, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
Messi is far more greedy and needy than Suarez though.

I know I'm a bit late to the party but no offence mate but that is utter shit.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Believer
« Reply #5935 on: June 19, 2014, 12:21:20 PM »

And before the fucking morons try and tell me what I mean - I'd fucking love to sign Sanchez. I just don't think he'd be as effective personally alongside Suarez as he would be as a replacement. The gall!

That's a perfectly acceptable opinion to have if you ask me
Question though - would you really love us to sign him considering that opinion ?
Reason I ask, he would command a fairly large fee, and if we were going to spend big on someone, would you not prefer someone who you think would bounce off Suarez and his style of play ?
And I'm not taking the piss or anything, genuine question
Me, I'd love Sanchez and I think the opposite, that he would be incredible linking up with Suarez

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Believer
« Reply #5936 on: June 19, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »
Lads less all chill out a bit here... go for a walk, watch some videos of our stunning football from last season or whatever, but let's be honest NO ONE on this forum is completely clued up as to what is going on with any of our transfer targets. And isn't that how we want it?
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #5937 on: June 19, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »
No one knows how much money we've bid for these players.

No one here has a clue on what represents "a good deal" or value for money - including me!

Only important fact is that we complete deals for good players than Brendan wants and who fit in.

Adam Lallana. Shaquiri. Lovren. Alexis Sanchez. Moreno. Rodriguez. Vidal (no chance), Lazar Markovic (not seen him though).

So we wait and see.

I concur with your thoughts on this matter, seen Markovic though he is just OK
The National Pensioners Convention (NPC) is the principal organisation representing pensioners in the United Kingdom. It is made up of around 1,000 bodies representing 1.5 million members, organised into federal regional units.
The NPC was founded by former Transport and General Workers' Union trade union leader, Jack Jones in 1979

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5938 on: June 19, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »
Bild, Mail and people of twitter saying we're looking likely to sign Shaqiri.... again. People who have seen more of him than youtube vids; How does he rate compared to the likes of Pedro and Sanchez and the likes?
All the best sources then.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #5939 on: June 19, 2014, 12:35:58 PM »
If we were to do a player exchange for llalana, say with Borini, I guess that wouldn't affect the amount they have to pay the full amount to Bournemouth.....is there a way round that?
Buy Lallana for less than market value.
Sell Borini for less than market value.

But where is the Batman? Sorry, but where is this swap talk coming from?
I know about the 10+ hoes a week, and itís something Iím willing to do.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5940 on: June 19, 2014, 12:39:17 PM »
Seriously fucking think about what you're saying here, are you suggesting Roy Hodgson is a better judge of players than Brendan Rodgers?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline J-Mc-

• Just a wanker on a wind-up
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5941 on: June 19, 2014, 12:42:32 PM »
Lads less all chill out a bit here... go for a walk, watch some videos of our stunning football from last season or whatever, but let's be honest NO ONE on this forum is completely clued up as to what is going on with any of our transfer targets. And isn't that how we want it?

This.

Locked so people can calm the fuck down.

Will make a new thread later as this one's ran it's course.