Author Topic: General ShitChat thread #2 - back for another round!  (Read 421157 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• Just a wanker on a wind-up
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
General ShitChat thread #2 - back for another round!
« on: May 27, 2014, 07:42:12 AM »
Keep it clean, any low blows and it's stopped, headbutting is fine aslong as the refs don't see it...but we will.

No racism, homophobia, sexism or bullying otherwise you WILL be banned.

Have a nice day :wave

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: General ShitChat thread #2 - back for another round!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 07:45:20 AM »
Or spurs ;)
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Believer
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 07:46:15 AM »
Buy everyone, but walk away if they want a penny over a penny.

I am just waiting to see if we are going to do any business pre World Cup.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Online lamonti

• Believer
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 07:55:32 AM »
I mainly think it's funny that after such a good season, where we made so many leaps forward on the pitch, maybe even as a fan base you might say, where the whole club got together and created a massive positive feedback loop... the transfer threads remain resolutely unreconstructed mires of utter nonsense. Good old football, nothing ever really changes!

Offline audioedge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What would Buddha do?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:12:34 AM »
Looking forward to us making that first summer signing whoever it is.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 08:20:57 AM »
Gutted, thought we could make history and only have 1 general chat thread :(

Offline Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 08:27:01 AM »
Gutted, thought we could make history and only have 1 general chat thread :(

5 moderators and 18 General Shitchat threads,
That's what we call history
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 08:27:50 AM »
5 moderators and 18 General Shitchat threads,
That's what we call history
Happy days........!
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 08:43:47 AM »
No racism, homophobia, sexism or bullying otherwise you WILL be banned.
How are we supposed to have fun?

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 08:44:23 AM »
Just pity it appears that the team that holds the registration of potentially 3 of our targets is more than likely losing their manager.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Redric1970

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 08:46:53 AM »
Not someone we have really had any links with, but someone who is being widely reported to be available, cesc fabregas still only 26, he would be a fantastic signing.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 08:53:08 AM »
Not someone we have really had any links with, but someone who is being widely reported to be available, cesc fabregas still only 26, he would be a fantastic signing.

He wouldn't be abe to adjust to playing in the PL at a packed Anfield after his time @ The Emirates.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Redric1970

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 08:55:37 AM »
He wouldn't be abe to adjust to playing in the PL at a packed Anfield after his time @ The Emirates.  ::)

Playing in front of noisy fans might inspire him. :)

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 10:22:37 AM »
Transfer news: Several Premier League clubs chasing Ever Banega
Last Updated: 27/05/14 9:48am

Valencia playmaker Ever Banega is a target for a number of Premier League clubs this summer, Sky Sports understands.

Banega is back at Valencia after a spell on loan back in his native Argentina with Newell's Old Boys.

The 25-year-old started his career with Boca Juniors in his homeland before moving to Valencia in 2008 and he established himself as one of the most exciting playmakers in Europe during his time in Spain.

The skilful attacker has been linked with a move to England in the past with the likes of Manchester United, Everton and Sunderland credited with an interest in his services.

Banega's, UK representative, Jonathan Hope, has confirmed a number of Premier League clubs have expressed an interest in signing the South American.

"We have had immense interest in the Argentinian international," Hope told Sky Sports. "I can confirm I am personally speaking to two top clubs who have expressed real intent in capturing the player."

"He is a top quality player and he is still only 25 and I believe he would be a major success in the Premier League."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ng-ever-banega

Offline Phineus

• Believer
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »
Has fallen on the wayside the last few years after seemingly getting his act together.

He's an immense talent though no doubting that. Reckon it'll be Everton and someone else interested though.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 10:27:33 AM »
Yannick Bolasie being linked in the Guardian.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Believer
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 10:29:47 AM »

This lad makes Moses look like Ronaldinho on the ball  ;D

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 10:43:11 AM »
''Liverpool have bid for Bayern Munich's Xherdan Shaqiri as an alternative to Lallana, but remain in dialogue with their Premier League rivals.''

Paul Joyce.

''Shaqiri is seen as a cheaper alternative should Lallana deal not come off''

Domonic King
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:45:59 AM by clinical »

Offline pjshaun

• Believer
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 10:43:51 AM »
So just to recap. The players we have been linked with so far:

1) Vorm
2) Lovern
3) Caulker
4) Clyne
5) Moreno
6) A. Cole
7) Emre Can
8 ) Lallana
9) Shaqiri
10) Bolasie
11) Remy
12) Bony
13) Bolatelli

Let me know if I'm missing anyone. We also need Raul to start one of his hilarious transfer update threads. :D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 10:45:08 AM »
I am just waiting to see if we are going to do any business pre World Cup.

If the player is going to the World Cup then I'd be surprised if we do

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 10:46:33 AM »
''Liverpool have bid for Bayern Munich's Xherdan Shaqiri as an alternative to Lallana, but remain in dialogue with their Premier League rivals.''

Paul Joyce.

Domonic King

Who is Paul Joyce? Link to the article or whatever?

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 10:48:18 AM »

Paul Joyce.

Domonic King

Where is the link to the Joyce article?

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 10:48:57 AM »

Original source is the daily star. That's just the guardian rumour mill

Offline clinical

• Believer
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 10:50:09 AM »
Who is Paul Joyce? Link to the article or whatever?

Journo from Liverpool, from the express. He's usually quite reliable I think. Don't hold me to that though.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/478346/Brendan-Rodgers-continues-transfer-search-to-boost-Liverpool-s-Champions-League-strength

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Believer
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »
This lad makes Moses look like Ronaldinho on the ball  ;D
We made him look like a combination of Messi and Yaya Toure agaisnt us
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 10:50:32 AM »
Liverpool have identified a number of targets, headed by Adam Lallana. Negotiations continue for the England midfielder, who has his heart set on a move to Anfield, but they are taking time because Southampton are looking to command £30milllion.

Bayern Munich’s Xherdan Shaqiri is an alternative to Lallana, while Liverpool are working on a deal to sign Emre Can, the £12million-rated Germany Under 21 midfielder, who was at Bayer Leverkusen last season.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/football/article-2640328/Adam-Lallana-Xherdan-Shaqiri-Emre-Can-Brendan-Rodgers-wish-list.html

Offline clinical

• Believer
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 10:50:40 AM »
Original source is the daily star. That's just the guardian rumour mill

oh ok, just what a mate text me, not looked at it myself, because it's got to be made up, right.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 10:56:29 AM »
Journo from Liverpool, from the express. He's usually quite reliable I think. Don't hold me to that though.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/478346/Brendan-Rodgers-continues-transfer-search-to-boost-Liverpool-s-Champions-League-strength

Thanks. Hope we get both to be honest

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 10:56:44 AM »
Shaqiri although a very good player doesn't strike me as a like for like alternative. He is more of a winger.

Offline clinical

• Believer
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 10:58:43 AM »
Shaqiri although a very good player doesn't strike me as a like for like alternative. He is more of a winger.

As said before last year our alternative to an attacking midfielder (mkhitaryan) was a striker (costa)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 11:09:23 AM »
As said before last year our alternative to an attacking midfielder (mkhitaryan) was a striker (costa)
The difference then was that Rodgers said he can move Coutinho to the AM role which is what he done.

If he is looking to strengthen the AM area then we need an attacking midfielder unless he is thinking of converting another of our wingers to play the role. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
    • Save Liverpool FC
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2014, 11:15:26 AM »
The difference then was that Rodgers said he can move Coutinho to the AM role which is what he done.

If he is looking to strengthen the AM area then we need an attacking midfielder unless he is thinking of converting another of our wingers to play the role. 

But he's looking to add a quality, versatile 'attacking' player, not specifically one position or another - we already have mostly versatile players, who can all pretty much interchange depending on exactly who we bring in). Besides which (HD's point), Shaqiri has played in a number of positions, too.

Though we mostly 'hoped' differently, the reports have all been that it's Lallana or Shaqiri (rather than both), ever since the reports emerged, really.
We Are Liverpool.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 11:31:24 AM »
But he's looking to add a quality, versatile 'attacking' player, not specifically one position or another - we already have mostly versatile players, who can all pretty much interchange depending on exactly who we bring in). Besides which (HD's point), Shaqiri has played in a number of positions, too.

Though we mostly 'hoped' differently, the reports have all been that it's Lallana or Shaqiri (rather than both), ever since the reports emerged, really.
At the moment Coutinho is out only attacking midfield option. Allen can do a job there but he hasn't got the creativity you need from that position.

When I say we need to strengthen that position I don't necessarily mean a player who only plays there. That is where Lallana is perfect as he can play that role really well but can also play wide if we want to change things around.

Shaqiri can also play the AM role but from what I've seen of him his best position is out wide, although the same could have been said about Coutinho until recently.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline telekon

• Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Believer
  • ★★★★★★
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 11:37:16 AM »
At the moment Coutinho is out only attacking midfield option. Allen can do a job there but he hasn't got the creativity you need from that position.

When I say we need to strengthen that position I don't necessarily mean a player who only plays there. That is where Lallana is perfect as he can play that role really well but can also play wide if we want to change things around.

Shaqiri can also play the AM role but from what I've seen of him his best position is out wide, although the same could have been said about Coutinho until recently.

Sterling played there this season, and he was awesome. Suso also played there.

I'd like us to have Lallana too, I just think that positions are more dynamic today than just looking at it from a FM perspective.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 11:43:18 AM »

Yeah but I think this summer there's a decent amount of evidence we want both an alternative at the head of the diamond / AM of a 3 AND another forward. We certainly should want both looking at the make up of the squad

Offline clinical

• Believer
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 11:44:51 AM »

And Sterling is our only winger.

Shaqiri can play both too. The ideal situation would be to get both.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »
Sterling played there this season, and he was awesome. Suso also played there.

I'd like us to have Lallana too, I just think that positions are more dynamic today than just looking at it from a FM perspective.
Sterling played at the tip of a diamond, I am talking about an AM in a 4-3-3 formation as one of the midfield three.

Coutinho is the only option there. Suso hasn't really shown enough yet to play that position.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2014, 11:48:06 AM »
And Sterling is our only winger.

Shaqiri can play both too. The ideal situation would be to get both.
Do we play with wingers or wide forwards? Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling can all play as wide forwards.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2014, 11:49:57 AM »
It will be one or the other.

We could be looking at north of 40m for both, do we think we have enough left in the pot to strengthen where we need to ?

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline telekon

• Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Believer
  • ★★★★★★
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2014, 11:50:44 AM »
Sterling played at the tip of a diamond, I am talking about an AM in a 4-3-3 formation as one of the midfield three.

Coutinho is the only option there. Suso hasn't really shown enough yet to play that position.

Fair enough, I just think it's more dynamic than that. Player's can generally serve more than one purpose, tip of diamond or tip of a triangle (or whatever).
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!