Author Topic: Chelsea Football Circus  (Read 1281340 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #15840 on: February 11, 2019, 09:29:10 AM »
Primed for Mourinho to come back till the end of the season and to put a brake on our title challenge, yet again. c*nt.  :no

Proper bed wetter you  ;D

Offline toe punt

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15841 on: February 11, 2019, 09:42:23 AM »
Chelsea are almost at the point where no top manager or player would really want to go there except for a short term pay day like Conte or older players like Higuaín. If they sell Hazard (and why would he want to stay after this season?) they need a decent rebuild albeit that would give them cash to do so. Hopefully they spend it on more shite like Drinkwater, Barkley and Jorginho. At this stage does Abramovich have the appetite to get them back to the top after plowing over a billion into the club? Him wanting that money back if he was to sell, together with the restrictions of Stamford bridge and cost of any new stadium could all deter a potential buyer, so they better hope so.
Ah well never mind eh. Fingers crossed it's a slow fade back to being a flashy West Ham for racists and Tories (not mutually exclusive).

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Main Stander
« Reply #15842 on: February 11, 2019, 10:30:58 AM »
Wow.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15843 on: February 11, 2019, 10:41:44 AM »
Ah the 'one person = entire fanbase' generic twitter post.

1. No one here gives a fuck about this. This person. Or his opinion.
2. Soccer AM, really? #bantzmate fuck off.
3. What was your thinking behind posting that? Whatever it was. Don't.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Believer
« Reply #15844 on: February 11, 2019, 10:43:36 AM »
Chelsea are almost at the point where no top manager or player would really want to go there except for a short term pay day like Conte or older players like Higuaín.

I think that's what they're seen as at the mo anyway, and managers (and players) are happy to go. They'll get paid well, have a chance to compete for trophies, and when they get sacked it won't affect their reputation as everyone knows that's what Chelsea do.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried for Lampard soon though. They don't seem to have any sort of plans in place the way Liverpool or City do for recruitment etc., but could see Abramovich getting caught up in the romanticism of an ex-player coming in and winning the title.

And then sacking him

Offline red vinyl

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15845 on: February 11, 2019, 10:43:44 AM »
A flashy West Ham haha,never heard that before but it’s spot on. Anyone who went there in the 80s knows what a sh*t hole of a place it was.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
« Reply #15846 on: February 11, 2019, 11:20:42 AM »
Kepa and Jorginho. £125m.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15847 on: February 11, 2019, 11:47:15 AM »

Kepa is dreadful. He's not even Mignolet level. Never seen him make a save beyond a regulation one, and he misses a lot of those.
Jorginho has been found out too. Stick one guy on him and not only does he disappear, the whole system collapses.

A coach's greatest ability beyond man-management should be his pragmatism. If you're going to a new club it's obvious that it's going to take a few transfer windows to get your ideal style of player in. Until then, you've got to make do with what you have. Sarri is a fundamentalist, which is why he shunts his best two players, Kante and Hazard, out of position and takes away their best work. They'll probably sack him before the summer, and to be honest, it's not like his CV warrants keeping him. A couple of runners-up places in Italy doesn't butter any parsnips with me.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15848 on: February 11, 2019, 11:53:55 AM »
Kepa is dreadful. He's not even Mignolet level. Never seen him make a save beyond a regulation one, and he misses a lot of those.
Jorginho has been found out too. Stick one guy on him and not only does he disappear, the whole system collapses.

A coach's greatest ability beyond man-management should be his pragmatism. If you're going to a new club it's obvious that it's going to take a few transfer windows to get your ideal style of player in. Until then, you've got to make do with what you have. Sarri is a fundamentalist, which is why he shunts his best two players, Kante and Hazard, out of position and takes away their best work. They'll probably sack him before the summer, and to be honest, it's not like his CV warrants keeping him. A couple of runners-up places in Italy doesn't butter any parsnips with me.

They have United in the FA Cup next week, ten City in be League Cup Final. Maybe Europa in there too. Lose both domestic cup games and knowing Chelsea could they sack him then? Or will they give him the chance to make top 4?

Personally hope they don’t make any changes before we play them.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
  • 禍津
« Reply #15849 on: February 11, 2019, 11:55:12 AM »
I'm sure when they beat Malmo 8-0 on thursday night everything will be fine again
PSN: Level-Frontier

Offline Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
  • Es wird wieder passieren
« Reply #15850 on: February 11, 2019, 12:05:04 PM »

and splashing 60 mill on Pulisic seems a bit mad too. Yes, could end up being great for them - but it's a big risk. 60 mill for potential, for a team who changes coaches on a regular basis and hardly has a good reputation for bringing through younger players. Pulisic's young career already took a bit of a nosedive last 2 seasons when Dortmund where in flux changing managers on a regular basis.

For all the talk of the owner losing interest, they have still thrown an absolute fortune at new signings, but their business has been Everton levels of poor. Morata, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, Zappacosta, Emerson, Barkley, Giroud, that's another 250+ mill on players who they already disgarded, or who are very average squad players for them. And that's just in the last 2 or 3 seasons.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Nitramdorf

• Believer
« Reply #15851 on: February 11, 2019, 12:07:50 PM »
and splashing 60 mill on Pulisic seems a bit mad too. Yes, could end up being great for them - but it's a big risk. 60 mill for potential, for a team who changes coaches on a regular basis and hardly has a good reputation for bringing through younger players. Pulisic's young career already took a bit of a nosedive last 2 seasons when Dortmund where in flux changing managers on a regular basis.

For all the talk of the owner losing interest, they have still thrown an absolute fortune at new signings, but their business has been Everton levels of poor. Morata, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, Zappacosta, Emerson, Barkley, Giroud, that's another 250+ mill on players who they already disgarded, or who are very average squad players for them. And that's just in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Do you know if Pulisic was on a big wage in Germany? Other than him getting a massive pay rise I cant see how any player would want to go to Chelsea, particuarly now their day in the sun looks to be ending.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:17:41 PM by Nitramdorf »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15852 on: February 11, 2019, 12:11:19 PM »
They have United in the FA Cup next week, ten City in be League Cup Final. Maybe Europa in there too. Lose both domestic cup games and knowing Chelsea could they sack him then? Or will they give him the chance to make top 4?

Personally hope they don’t make any changes before we play them.

Might be the lack of structure at the club that'll save him until the summer. They still don't have a DoF after Emenalo left 18 months ago, and Abramovich might be mentally checked out with his visa issues.
Is Guus Hiddink working anywhere at the moment?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesligas shit
  • Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #15853 on: February 11, 2019, 12:12:48 PM »
Wonder if Carragher still thinks Hazard is the league's best player.

I wonder if everyone else still thinks Kante is the league's best player.

Couldn't trap a bag of cement yesterday.

Offline Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
« Reply #15854 on: February 11, 2019, 12:13:30 PM »
Do you know if Pulisic was on a big wage in Germany? Other than him getting a massive pay rise I cant see how any player would want to go to Chelsea, particuarly now there day in the sun looks to be ending.

No he wasn't one of the big earners.  Reported as about 25k week. So yes, he'll be getting quite the payrise!

Another prem team was in for him according to Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc, but he wouldn't say who. But it was widely reported it wasn't the one everyone thought (i.e. LFC), so if it was Man Utd, which would make sense, strange he turned them down for Chelsea really! But maybe it was someone else...

But yeah, not sure the attraction above money, and the whole boring 'London' thing.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Online Felch Aid

• Believer
« Reply #15855 on: February 11, 2019, 12:14:59 PM »
Zola to take over and emulate Di Matteo.  ;)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #15856 on: February 11, 2019, 12:28:11 PM »

Remember when loads of our fans wanted Jorginho and Kovacic and for us to bin Henderson/Wijnaldum.

Both have been relatively poor in the Premier League. Not the boss players they where made out to be. You need to physical presence in this league. You need to earn you right to play in midfield. Jorginho, and to a lesser extent Kovacic, just haven't consistently got to grips with the pace and power of our league. To different degrees you could argue the same for Fred, Keita and other talented, but less physical, midfielders who have joined Premier league clubs recently.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
« Reply #15857 on: February 11, 2019, 12:35:16 PM »
Remember when loads of our fans wanted Jorginho and Kovacic and for us to bin Henderson/Wijnaldum.

Both have been relatively poor in the Premier League. Not the boss players they where made out to be. You need to physical presence in this league. You need to earn you right to play in midfield. Jorginho, and to a lesser extent Kovacic, just haven't consistently got to grips with the pace and power of our league. To different degrees you could argue the same for Fred, Keita and other talented, but less physical, midfielders who have joined Premier league clubs recently.

Jorginho has gone the opposite way of our new midfielders. He started off pretty well when the team where on that great early run. Can't pretend I saw a lot of them, so not sure how influential he was to that run.

Whereas our new boys where eased in, Fab found his feet within 3 or 4 months and is now one of our most important players, and now Keita is finding his too. Both with confidence intact I would think from not being thrown to the lions!

Not like Jorginho is a young pup either. That whole situation is so odd though, they had Kante who was so good in his role, yet he gets shifted, and Jorginho hardly excelleing in his.  It's like they just bought him as a 'gift' to the new coach, when there where other more important needs.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
« Reply #15858 on: February 11, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »

I quite liked the idea of Jorginho when Joyce linked him here. But after that I watched him a few times at Napoli. I saw Lucas outpace in and that was that for me. Far too slow and yes Alonso wasn't quick. But he was quite strong with it as well as a good reader of the game. Jorginho is weak too.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesligas shit
  • Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #15859 on: February 11, 2019, 01:01:43 PM »
I quite liked the idea of Jorginho when Joyce linked him here. But after that I watched him a few times at Napoli. I saw Lucas outpace in and that was that for me. Far too slow and yes Alonso wasn't quick. But he was quite strong with it as well as a good reader of the game. Jorginho is weak too.

Napoli's 1-1 draw at Sassuolo last season was a big red-marker for me, both for Sarri and Jorginho.

Not many smaller sides in Serie A have the pace or physicality of most sides in the Premier League. Sassuolo are one, to an extent, though. They stuck a big target man on Jorginho and had Berardi making runs in behind off him. A side - and its chief playmaker - which had controlled space and possession so supremely throughout the season couldn't live with the type of basic, direct football which is much more common-place over here.

For this reason I was delighted when we signed Fabinho instead of Jorginho. We needed to replace Emre Can's height and physicality in midfield and I don't think we even aim to control space or possession as effectively as that Napoli side did to get the best out of a player like Jorginho. City do, though, so I was doubly delighted when Chelsea beat City to him, because I still think in certain games he'd have been an asset for them.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:03:22 PM by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #15860 on: February 11, 2019, 01:08:20 PM »
For this reason I was delighted when we signed Fabinho instead of Jorginho. We needed to replace Emre Can's height and physicality in midfield and I don't think we even aim to control space or possession as effectively as that Napoli side did to get the best out of a player like Jorginho. City do, though, so I was doubly delighted when Chelsea beat City to him, because I still think in certain games he'd have been an asset for them.

Got to agree on this. Particularly the point about Jorginho not going to City. I think he'd have been better in their system. At Chelsea, he hasn't performed as the focal point of a midfield and (as Die Nullfunfer pointed out) they've marginalised their best midfielder to accommodate him.

For me, centre mid is one of the hardest positions to transition from another league to the Premier League. It's why I'd always be wary of buying a midfielder from other leagues unless they are big and mobile. There are always going to be exceptions, like Kanye, but in general the CMs who excel tend to be able to cope with the physical aspects and pace of the game in England.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Sharado

• SAVAGE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15861 on: February 11, 2019, 01:09:08 PM »
The Kante thing is so so weird. He was POTY a couple of years back and the best DM in the world, when we played them at anfield it was like they had 2 players in his role. Such a strange hill to die on.
No heavy-metal football. Uninspiring team selections. Playing like a team closer to relegation worries

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15862 on: February 11, 2019, 01:51:16 PM »
Zola to take over and emulate Di Matteo.  ;)

Zola seems like a lovely guy and was an absolutely fantastic player (one of the best I've ever seen) but he's a fucking useless manager. I'd absolutely piss myself if they were to promote him.

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #15863 on: February 11, 2019, 03:23:06 PM »
You don't half change your tune yesterday it was United who were going to ruin our season. Today it's Chelsea, maybe having a bit of belief in your own team would help.

He will say the same about every team in our run in so that if we do stumble he can go back and quote himself.

Proper tool.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #15864 on: February 11, 2019, 03:25:50 PM »

I got shit for calling him out during his supposed purple patch.

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #15865 on: February 11, 2019, 03:27:29 PM »
The Kante thing is so so weird. He was POTY a couple of years back and the best DM in the world, when we played them at anfield it was like they had 2 players in his role. Such a strange hill to die on.

And he will be off to PSG in the summer.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15866 on: February 11, 2019, 03:52:39 PM »
Primed for Mourinho to come back till the end of the season and to put a brake on our title challenge, yet again. c*nt.  :no

Ah, you should listen to your papa!!  Wouldn't be surprised if he's got you sat on the naughty step with comments like that.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• Believer
« Reply #15867 on: February 11, 2019, 03:59:29 PM »
That Jorginho is shit in a league were you don't get 4 days to set yourself and pick a pass.
Vote Labour

Online Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #15868 on: February 11, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »
Great use of a rarely used expression there mate!

Sarri is still a great manager. The players are tits, and will get him sacked. F*ck'em. The fans deserve these players and Roma A must be bored now, if he wasn't earlier on.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #15869 on: February 11, 2019, 04:34:02 PM »

Was he actually a defensive midfielder.

Offline jonkrux

• Kopite
« Reply #15870 on: February 11, 2019, 04:39:23 PM »

Have to disagree on Jorginho. Hes fucking class. With Kante being played out of position weirdly, hes got fuck all protection to do what he does best. Put him In our Midfield in any combo he shines imo.

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #15871 on: February 11, 2019, 04:43:12 PM »
Have to disagree on Jorginho. Hes fucking class. With Kante being played out of position weirdly, hes got fuck all protection to do what he does best. Put him In our Midfield in any combo he shines imo.

He wouldn't get near our midfield.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team.
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #15872 on: February 11, 2019, 04:47:10 PM »
Toxic atmosphere at that club clearly . You think with ‘JT’ and ‘Lamps’ etc gone the player power might have Been a thing of the past but it’s clearly in their culture

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #15873 on: February 11, 2019, 05:20:11 PM »

I'm all for making fun of Chelsea and their fascist fans but you've stuck so much wrong into one post that it's pretty amazing.  Bolded just takes the cake.  Name me one manager that even applies to.

Online Claus

• MUFC bedwetter. It's not always fun or easy getting up. Only associates with saucy fuckers!
  • Believer
« Reply #15874 on: February 11, 2019, 05:27:26 PM »
Of course it isn't. In a sale, independent valuations and what a buyer is willing to pay are relevant.

Exactly.

And then Abramovich says yes or no.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Main Stander
« Reply #15875 on: February 11, 2019, 05:32:12 PM »
Ah the 'one person = entire fanbase' generic twitter post.

1. No one here gives a fuck about this. This person. Or his opinion.
2. Soccer AM, really? #bantzmate fuck off.
3. What was your thinking behind posting that? Whatever it was. Don't.

Interesting.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Believer
« Reply #15876 on: February 11, 2019, 05:34:26 PM »
Don't think they'd have him back, the fans there hate him now.

Online Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #15877 on: February 11, 2019, 05:37:15 PM »
Interesting.

It's not. Soccer AM is fucking shite and their lad banter bollocks can fuck off to The S*n and Talksport where it belongs.

Online Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Believer
« Reply #15878 on: February 11, 2019, 05:38:18 PM »
Don't think they'd have him back, the fans there hate him now.

Not all of them...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SI-sJ7R7lys" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SI-sJ7R7lys</a>

Woh-oooh-ohhhh-oooh-oh

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #15879 on: February 11, 2019, 05:47:13 PM »
I'm all for making fun of Chelsea and their fascist fans but you've stuck so much wrong into one post that it's pretty amazing.  Bolded just takes the cake.  Name me one manager that even applies to.

Managers that do not change with the times end up like Jose,Hodgson and all the others on the merry go round.